PDA

View Full Version : This Is The Peaceful Solution Of The Conflict Between Israel And Palestine

christian
3rd August 2014, 18:01
It's as common sense obvious as it gets, I find, but here I spelled it out. The video is from Jewish Voice For Peace (http://israelpalestine101.org/).

Y58njT2oXfE
The solution of the conflict between Israel and Palestine is the creation of a multi-ethnic state in which Jews and Arabs enjoy the same basic rights.

After WW2, the nations of the world should have opened themselves up to Jewish immigration. Every nation should have granted asylum to persecuted Jews within their means, and if one country had offered land for a state of Israel, that would have been an option as well. However, taking the British colony of Palestine and deciding that the majority of this land—which had been illegitimately governed by the British—is going to become the state of Israel is a violation of the rights of the Palestinians who lived there.

Neither any words in the Bible nor the possible presence of someone’s ancestors in the region some two thousand years ago are a legitimate justification to steal the land of the Palestinians today.

The current conflict can only be solved if Jews and Arabs agree to live alongside each other under the rule of law in the area of historic Palestine. Acts of violence are to be condemned, whether they are committed by Palestinian extremists like the Hamas or by the Zionist regime in Israel. The appropriate response to violent crimes cannot be the murder of innocent civilians.

The Palestinians’ only leverage in creating a peaceful solution is non-violent activism. Violent resistance is pointless because of Israel’s military superiority. The Israelis can also only resort to non-violent pressure on their political leadership, whose goal is the expulsion or annihilation of the Palestinian people.

People outside the conflict zone can also participate in educating others and increasing the pressure on the conflict parties as well as on the mediators.

(You also might want to check out free t-shirt designs (http://freepalastine.bplaced.net/) to raise awareness.)

via chrislovesfreedom.com (http://chrislovesfreedom.com/2014/08/03/this-is-the-peaceful-solution-of-the-conflict-between-israel-and-palestine/)

Tesseract
3rd August 2014, 19:31
"The solution of the conflict between Israel and Palestine is the creation of a multi-ethnic state in which Jews and Arabs enjoy the same basic rights."

This is what the so-called terrorists and terrorist-states have been calling for for years. Gadaffi used to call such a state Israstine. Unfortunately, anyone who calls for this beyond obvious remedy is accused of calling for the 'obliteration' of Israel, or 'wiping it off the map'.

OMG
3rd August 2014, 21:30
So if there is peace how will the country (property) known as Israel be divided between Palestinian's and Jews? Especially since the video starts out saying that the country originally belonged to the Palestinian's?

:peace:

christian
3rd August 2014, 23:49
So if there is peace how will the country (property) known as Israel be divided between Palestinian's and Jews?

That's something that the people on both sides have to work out. Either they work it out, or they kill each other over it, that's their choice. People—not politicians—have to demonstrate that they're able to live side by side and amongst each other. Either they do that or they perish, it's that simple. The common people need to push towards sharing the land. I realize that there are quite a number of radicals on both sides, so the ones with common sense need to speak up and stand tall.

Here's an update from two hours ago from Ronny Edry Pushpin, an Israeli who founded Israel Loves Iran (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Loves_Iran) (my emphasis).

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10514665_512673972196741_6176775383957689311_n.jpg?oh=cda67ef1ecda8c340ba63d29dc177ff4&oe=5440C2FB&__gda__=1413109571_921fa2efacea4e4c9d34691f0bc4d194

day #26 update
17:03 sirens
some of my friends made fun of me this week end, they say i sound very dramatic on these updates. like I’m over doing it, most of them are experiencing the alerts over tel aviv and israel cities not quite as stressful as i do.
so i ll try to stay cool on this one, no drama. promise.

on my way to the store to buy some groceries…the radio is on in the earphones, they talking about “the beginning of the end” of that war, israel is starting to withdraw…i got the feeling that it may be over.

since the war has started, any time there is an alarm anywhere over israel, the broadcast is interrupted and a voice over is announcing the name of the cities and villages where alarms are activated. the code name for an alert is “red color”….dont ask me why

17:02
so with her no-drama-voice the girl is announcing an attack over villages near gaza

the broadcast is going on, they naming the soldiers who were killed in the last day, places and times for their funeral
one of them was assumed kidnapped for 2 day, today he was declare dead by the army authorities, they say they have enough evidence to rule he is dead.
i m reading between the lines and what i hear is
-we just found a few parts of his body after the sucide bombing, hamas may have some part of him in their possession, but he is dead….so today we will bury what we have. we r not having another gilad shalit, dead or alive.
this story is followed by a short report about the death toll in gaza today. he say 50.
50 in one day….
he says -some are hamas figthers but some are civilians.
he says -palestinians reports about 130 dead, 17 killed in a school….the event is under review he says...
nobody knows. no drama.

no-drama-voice-over-girl is announcing : “red-color” over ashdod

i m getting in the shop, michal sent me to get some jam for neri’s party. it s his last day at kindergarden. all the parents are invited.
grabbing the jam. going to pay

sirens.
no-drama-voice-over-girl is announcing on radio : “red color” over telaviv.
i m looking at the men behind the counter
-do you have a shelter here, I’m asking?
-no
-so where do you go, what do you do (no drama, i swear)
-we go no where, we stay here, it s safe…and we do nothing. you can eat some bamba (israeli sweet) if you like..he s smiling.
i can see by the window the street getting empty, people entering buildings, shops.
a women with a baby in here arms and 2 kids is looking at me
-lets go to the back of the shop i say, it may be wise not to stay to close to the windows.
we r going inside the shop in an alley between the pasta and the cookies.
on the radio they keep on talking about the toll of dead today in gaza.
2 loud explosions. she s looking at me ,her eyes saying something like: thanks god it s over.
people are already out of the shop door , they looking in the sky. you can clearly see the 2 traces of the missiles. the one coming from gaza, the one intercepting, and a small white cloud at the point of explosion. some are taking pictures.
the cashier is smiling. no drama

it s not like a missile was just fired at me and just explode over my head or something,..after all nobody dies, everything is A-ok.
it s amazing how quick you get use to have people sending missiles to kill you and your kids. it s amazing how quick you get used to hear on the radio every day names of 21 years old who has just been blown up so horribly that there is almost nothing left to put in the coffin. it s amazing how quick u get used to the number of palestinians being killed every day.
you get use to the pictures, dead children, dead mothers, dead teenagers.
you keep going. no drama

i payed for the jam (strawberries), and went out to buy some bread.
on the way i just stop. in the middle of the street, just to look at it, just for few seconds, just to see if anything, anyone was acting different.
nothing. normal
i cried.
not a big drama queen cry. just for a few seconds i was there standing, looking, with this huge ball in my through. i wish i cried like a baby with tears and all. i wish. i would have felt relief. couldn’t. no drama.
went into the store, ask for some bread. the nice dude behind the counter asked me if everything was all right?
i answered with a smile and a “of course”

i think that in any other place in the world, after a missile explodes over your head…you going home. this is the rational thing to do. this is what your body tells you: go home, go feel safe.
but after so many times…..your not going home. you just keep on doing what you’r doing. simply. almost automatically. stupidly, crazy.
no drama after all
so i went to the party (neri (my son) last day in kindergarden) everybody was there, all the kids, all the parents. everybody sang and dance, kids had fun and we went home.

50 to 130 palestinians have been killed only today in gaza, israelis soldiers have fallen, i dont have the exact number, 119 rockets where shot over israel….and I’m ok, we r ok, so I’m not complaining, of course i m not complaining.
i m keeping on.
no drama.

but maybe we should complain, maybe we should not get used to it, to the missiles, to the dead soldiers, to the dead kids in gaza, to the ****ing war
maybe we should start ****ing complaining, and ask for ****ing peace. maybe.

by the way, yesterday evening about 15 people were arrested by the police in telaviv just because the were “complaining” against the war.

but hey. no drama. this is the middle east

Natalia
4th August 2014, 10:07
http://www.internationalrelations.com/wars-in-progress/

¤=[Post Update]=¤

http://www.wadsam.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/peace.jpg