PDA

View Full Version : Shark week: Submarine, a 30' plus Great White

mojo
11th August 2014, 15:30
Hi all,
The opening series highlighted a huge Great White named Submarine with amazing intelligence. Anyone catch the show? Submarine does things other White Sharks dont do. My question is how did submarine know there were people still stuck underwater in the capsized boat? He circled the sunken vessel for a lenghty time before deciding to bump the vessel to dislodge the people inside. He was definitely stalking them. Also how did the other large GReat Whites know a bigger predator was coming to the accident site. They all left quickly before Submarine showed up?
One last question. Is it possible that Submarine remembers the spearfish thrust to its face by the fisherman that left that huge scar and thats why he is stalking the humans on a bad memory?

zvUT-DWyKIM

Jean-Marie
11th August 2014, 16:04
Here is an interesting article written on August 10th. It suggests that the producers of the show use some facts and the rest is probably all embellished.

http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=17533

It is written by:

Michelle Wcisel is a Zoologist specialized in predator/prey behaivour and the Scientific Communicator for EDNA Interactive. She has spent the past 4 years studying the behaviour of white sharks and Cape fur seals at Geyser Rock, ‘Shark Alley’, South Africa.

I am just showing another take on this.....

-jean-marie

DNA
11th August 2014, 18:40
This is fake.

MORE SHARK WEEK LIES, WRATH OVER FAKE DOCUMENTARY (http://www.oregonlive.com/movies/index.ssf/2014/08/more_shark_week_lies_new_fake.html)

jagman
11th August 2014, 19:33
Great Whites have been spotted in the wild that measured 25 feet. So in my estimation
it's not that great of a stretch for me to believe that a Great White could be 30 to 40
feet in length. It's not only possible it's probable.
Giantism exists not only in humans but it also in the animal kingdom.

MorningFox
11th August 2014, 20:22
Painfully fake acting

mojo
11th August 2014, 22:10
bummed that thinking it was a documentary show...if they fake it there should be a statement it doesnt seem right otherwise.