PDA

View Full Version : How To Buy A Modern Day United States President

rgray222
30th August 2014, 19:15
Hillary told the world that they were "dead broke" when she and Bill left the White House. There is no doubt that they will be falling back on hard times as Chelsea leaves her $600,000 gig at NBC. Chelsea with no journalism experience was paid an astonishing $28,000 for every minute she was on the air at NBC. Talk about buying a politician, this takes the cake.

The sad part of this story is that it is so blatant and so outrageous and people will still not speak up about it!

Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC correspondent job — and $600K salary — behind

The 34-year-old mom-to-be revealed Friday she’s giving up her cushy gig ‘to continue focusing on my work at the Clinton Foundation.’ Though she had zero journalism experience and only filed a trickle of stories since 2011, Alex Wallace, a senior vice president of NBC News, said, ‘Chelsea’s storytelling inspired people across the country.’

Source and to read the rest of the story (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/chelsea-clinton-quits-nbc-600k-pay-article-1.1921369)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0owSPWLe9lc

joeecho
30th August 2014, 21:25
600,000? She was worth every penny, just not in her journalistic skills (not to me, of course).

Is that what is meant by, It's good to have friends in high places?

http://ao-upload-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/apple-friends-in-high-places.jpg

aheb
30th August 2014, 21:50
I think that this year something changed, certainly my perception of things changed. I think that change did not affect everyone in the same way. Some people were not affected at all, and they believe that they can still go on telling the same old tired lies, that somehow because they have talked these lies for so long, and because they have or had a position of power and influence that they can somehow still get away with it. The truth is they can't, most of us can see right through them.

Ahnung-quay
31st August 2014, 13:23
Hillary is pretty hilarious. She has not and may never know what it is like to be "dead broke".

rgray222
1st September 2014, 18:36
I think that this year something changed, certainly my perception of things changed. I think that change did not affect everyone in the same way. Some people were not affected at all, and they believe that they can still go on telling the same old tired lies, that somehow because they have talked these lies for so long, and because they have or had a position of power and influence that they can somehow still get away with it. The truth is they can't, most of us can see right through them.

I think your right, for me things have dramatically changed since 9/11. Things have become more blatant. Politicians are more open about lying and about deceiving the public. Right now people seem more accepting of the corruption and the deceit and the media does not condemn this behavior, they actually condone it. This story is a perfect example.

What the politicians and the media do not get is that there is an imperceptible movement within the public against this continued behavior. It does not take a great deal of intelligence to understand that Chelsea Clinton was not hired for ratings, she was hired and paid an obscene amount of money for favors in the past or favors from a president in the future.

The public's apathy in the past gives rise to escalating political and corporate corruption, by the time they catch on that people really do give a dam it's too late. The ones caught on the cusp of this change will pay a heavy price. People are beginning to wake up, people are beginning to say it is not that complicated, there isn't more to the story.......corruption is corruption and lying is lying.............it is no longer acceptable.

The stage is set for some type of dramatic change for the better. Not just in politics or the corporate world but in society, I think we are just about there. It may get a lot worse before it gets better but I honestly think the ship is beginning to turn.It only takes about 10% of the population to wake up to force change. The other 90% will eventually come along or they will never get it anyway.