PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Mentor for Creating Original Art in Photoshop CS4

Omni
31st August 2014, 12:21
Thought it might be worth it to put this out there. I am looking to be able to create original art in photoshop or something similar(mainly photoshop). I have experience with the software but nothing too grand. Most of my work involves collagework, or simple things. Or simply using brushes. Here is a piece of my work with very little expertise(done in 2006 or 2007):

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd330/omnisense/SpectrumSpiralDNADone.jpg

I am looking to create art based on ET ideas and premises. Like dinos and UFOs, planets with a UFO and dna seeding shown. Things like that.

I am looking for someone with skype, that has some altruistic free time perhaps to teach me how to create original art, and also use photoshop better. It might be overly optimistic to think someone out there might be willing to do this, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I can't offer money, but I can repay the favor to someone else down the line. I can also teach one how to use the music production software ableton live if desired, things like that. I believe in fair exchanges. So it wouldn't be a one sided thing, just not paid monetarily as I'm pretty poor.

Maybe I'll get lucky :) If this post doesn't work I'll try deviantart. hehe

Haakon
31st August 2014, 12:38
What I did when i learned photoshop was that i downloaded tutorials from internet.
The one I used came with pictures for each lesson, so I worked on the exact same things that was shown.
Really fun and easy.
I hooked up a second screen to my computer so that i could work on one screen and the view the tutorials simultaniously on the other.
since you work with music maybe you already have a second screen ?

Skyhaven
31st August 2014, 12:52
That's what I did too: watched youtube tutorials to learn photoshop, but I find it hard to come up with something using the functionality of photoshop. I simply use paper to sketch out ideas/concepts to get the creative juices flowing, then when I have the entire thing on paper I will use photoshop/illustrator/after effects to produce a final result.

Sstarss
31st August 2014, 15:01
http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd330/omnisense/SpectrumSpiralDNADone.jpg

What a beautiful piece of art you have created,thank you.

Along with your music,poetry,imagination,intelligence,warm heart and soul, etc.....etc...

.....you have a wealth of talent and riches,beyond compare!

sigma6
31st August 2014, 22:53
Go to Pirate's Bay... (and tell them Captain Morgan sent you! ';-o (ardeee arrrrrrrgh) I got a nice 8GB download of photoshop full video training, and there is everything in between. I think the learning curve PS is pretty steep, depending... my fave graphic tool is Inkscape hands down, it is a vector based tool, and obsoletes Illustrator and I loovvvve it...

Chilliburger
12th September 2014, 09:44
Omniverse. I can teach you :wizard:, inbox me if you are interested