PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING! Ukrainian President Announces Permanent Ceasefire Agreement With Russia

Kimberley
3rd September 2014, 16:48
Great News!!! Whooo Hooo!!!! Congratulations!!! Much love to us all!!! :grouphug:

COLBdryjcfY

And this article just posted...

Putin proposes peace plan as Russian-Ukrainian 'ceasefire' begins to unravel
Russian president calls for Ukrainian withdrawal from east as Poroshenko backtracks on truce earlier hailed as 'permanent'.
theguardian.com, Wednesday 3 September 2014 12.04 EDT

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/03/ukraine-russia-reach-ceasefire-agreement-kiev

Kimberley
3rd September 2014, 16:56
And this.....

Ukraine ceasefire: live
Russia and Ukraine "reach ceasefire" in eastern Ukraine, President Petro Poroshenko announces - follow live updates

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/11071852/Ukraine-ceasefire-live.html

Hogswitch
3rd September 2014, 17:30
How can Putin agree to a ceasefire in a conflict in which he denies any military participation? I think that, unfortunately, it's a little too early for celebrations.

Snookie
3rd September 2014, 17:32
An analyst on RT speculates that this is just a ploy by Poroshenko to buy time until NATO forces can arrive to assist the Ukrainian forces. Poroshenko is notoriously unreliable in his dealings with others.

Kimberley
3rd September 2014, 20:44
I say WW111 will NEVER happen.

I greatly appreciate all the help that we are getting however we the humans have done an excellent job in co-creating the "new" earth time line.

This is what I keep shouting from the roof tops... "I (Kimberley) would not have signed up to be here on earth at this time if the outcome was not victorious."

And I personally know hundreds of others that agree with me. How about YOU?

I know that I have created a peaceful personal environment and that took years of personal "work" to accomplish.

And I know that humans are all on different parts of a personal path and it is not for me to judge any of them or it.

Keep up the good "work" Much love to us all! :grouphug:

Cidersomerset
3rd September 2014, 21:07
Russia is not at war with the Ukraine , so be cautiously optimistic that a ceasefire
between the combatants will be secured long term....The rebels have been
pushing Kiev forces back in the last few days, so this could be a ploy to stop
the momentum of the attacks.

The situation is fluid and with the NATO summit in Cardiff coming up this looks
like political positioning by all sides.....

Some very good reports from RT , with good independent analysts and experts...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ceasefire timing: 'Ukraine army pushed back, Poroshenko desperate'

l9YTU3Ri4DY

Published on 3 Sep 2014

President Poroshenko announces ceasefire in eastern Ukraine following phone call
between him and President Putin. Kremlin later underlined leaders just 'largely
agreed on possible steps toward ceasefire' as long as Russia isn’t a party to the
violence.
FULL STORY: http://on.rt.com/x4d3hg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Ceasefire flip-flopping shows Poroshenko govt’s extreme inconsistency'

SqEP5v6TtRg

Published on 3 Sep 2014

Kiev retracted its earlier statement regarding a “permanent ceasefire” in eastern Ukraine,
which followed a phone call between the Russian and Ukrainian leaders. The new wording
from Poroshenko’s office talks of a ceasefire “regime”. John Laughland, who's written
extensively on international affairs, joins RT to discuss recent developments.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Putin's 7-step Ukraine peace roadmap

WTeTBG6eYA4

Published on 3 Sep 2014

Kiev must withdraw troops from southeastern regions of Ukraine and rebels must stop
offensive to stop bloodshed, Russia’s President Vladimir Putin says. He and Ukrainian
leader Petro Poroshenko discussed "a ceasefire regime." READ MORE: http://on.rt.com/eqeq4j

==================================================

Ceasefire timing: 'Ukraine army pushed back, Poroshenko desperate'

2lJ9Nm9MFqI

Published on 3 Sep 2014

President Poroshenko announces ceasefire in eastern Ukraine following phone call
between him and President Putin. Kremlin later underlined leaders just 'largely
agreed on possible steps toward ceasefire' as long as Russia isn’t a party to the
violence.

Hervé
3rd September 2014, 21:18
Jeeezzzz...

Just take a look at that video presentation display frame:

LIVE CNN

BEAKING NEWS: Ukrainian Forces Fighting Russian Troops

Officials in Kiev Say Putin has launched "a great war"

Not sure which alternate Earth these CNN guys live on but it certainly is not the one I am walking on!

Cidersomerset
3rd September 2014, 21:23
This is the real problem......

Ukraine's full NATO membership idea 'akin to lunacy'

zzK4d66Laoo

Published on 3 Sep 2014

Kiev expects NATO countries to give Ukraine a status of ‘special partner’,
Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseny Yatsenyuk said Wednesday. However,
the best decision for NATO would be “Ukraine’s membership” of the alliance, he said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bullets flying overhead: RT crew forced to the ground in E. Ukraine

_pyE6KsgG9M

Published on 3 Sep 2014

RT's Paula Slier was caught in a gun battle between anti-government forces and Kiev's army in eastern Ukraine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have not heard this on mainstream yet....

Russian journalist Andrey Stenin confirmed dead in Ukraine

4WFNL6Wcl70

Bill Ryan
3rd September 2014, 21:41
-------

Thanks for posting this... I've been watching it closely all day. The next 48 hours may be very important. If Putin and Poroshenko can reach accord, whatever it might be called, that's a GOOD thing. :)

I'm getting my updates from Russia Today (http://rt.com)... CNN and the BBC are not reliable, and are heavily filtered, CNN especially so.

Hogswitch
3rd September 2014, 21:44
I see that there are several reports from RT news in this thread, please be aware that RT most likely has it's own agenda and take what you see and hear from them with a large pinch of salt. Apologies to anyone for whom this is too obvious to point out.

http://notsoreviews.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/dont-be-fooled-russia-today-is-trash/

Heh, just saw Bill Ryan's post supportive of RT News, just shows how difficult it is to know who to trust when it comes to news reporting. But it's listening to guys like Bill that have made me question everything, so no apologies for this post, just think for yourself, always.
Hog.

Cidersomerset
3rd September 2014, 21:52
I see that there are several reports from RT news in this thread, please be aware that RT most likely has it's own agenda and take what you see and hear from them with a large pinch of salt. Apologies to anyone for whom this is too obvious to point out.

http://notsoreviews.wordpress.com/20...oday-is-trash/

They use better independent journalists than the mainstream. They
may have different takes from the west , but in general they are
very good imo.

Thanks for posting this... I've been watching it closely all day. The next 48 hours may be very important. If Putin and Poroshenko can reach accord, whatever it might be called, that's a GOOD thing.

I'm getting my updates from Russia Today... CNN and the BBC are not reliable, and are heavily filtered, CNN especially so.

The best reports are definitely from RT who have journalists on the ground......

An article from David Ickes site earlier...

Kafkaesque NATO & Rasmussen

Wednesday 3rd September 2014 at 08:03 By david-icke

http://www.davidicke.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/519347_anders_fogh_rasmussen_h.jpg

‘This was the former Prime Minister of Denmark, an undistinguished professional politician whose whole world has
been nothing but words on paper. Currently Rasmussen represents NATO, as a puppet, in the world of politics which
has become the step-child most noted for global criminal-activity around the planet. Rasmussen has been at the
helm since August of 2009, which means he was there when Syria was first attacked and when Libya was publicly
exterminated: Now he wants NATO to do the same thing to Russia.

Rasmussen along with Obama & Israel ought to be on trial in the Hague for Warcrimes, Genocide and Crimes
against Humanity ­but instead he’s racing around trying desperately to create another illegal first strike military
capability, on the cheap, to start WWIII.’

Read more: Kafkaesque NATO & Rasmussen

http://www.rense.com/general96/kafka.html

================================================== =

http://static.bbci.co.uk/frameworks/barlesque/2.64.0/desktop/3.5/img/blq-blocks_grey_alpha.png

3 September 2014 Last updated at 17:02 page

Ukraine crisis: Putin hopes for peace deal by Friday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29042561

Cidersomerset
3rd September 2014, 22:45
I posted this on another thread and its an interesting discussion how
the political situation has developed over the last 25 years....

CrossTalk: Russia's Worldview (ft. Ray McGovern)

Lspli7CubV8

Published on 25 Aug 2014

Russia's worldview of international politics is largely neglected in western media.
Nevertheless, Russia has its national interests and red lines. What is the world
according to Russia? CrossTalking with Martin McCauley, Nebojsa Malic and Ray McGovern.

ghostrider
3rd September 2014, 23:22
Peace is the only way , after the bombs stop dropping and machine guns stop firing , someone has to sit at the table , and let cooler heads prevail ... earth has had enough humans slaughtered ...

Kimberley
4th September 2014, 01:06
This is how I see it...

Daozen
4th September 2014, 08:06
I say WW111 will NEVER happen.

"I (Kimberley) would not have signed up to be here on earth at this time if the outcome was not victorious."

Yes, but there are millions of us. And billions are on our side. There's about 100,000 to a few million against us, and the rest are shades of neutral. And the tide is turning in our favour.

I hope the ceasefire holds. It could be a ploy, as Snookie says, but lets see.

Peace on Earth.

Daozen
4th September 2014, 08:10

Yeah. RT is suspect, right? Not like those objective, independent, agenda free journalists at Fox, CNN and the BBC.

Nick Matkin
4th September 2014, 09:12
Don't forget that RT (Russia Today) television is state owned and funded. It is therefore unlikely to be any more balanced and impartial than other TV channels. It's just a mouthpiece of the Russian government and as such will obviously skew its reporting accordingly.

Nick

Cidersomerset
4th September 2014, 09:36
http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/newlog_o.gif

Putin's Ukraine Peace Plan

By Stephen Lendman
9-3-14

Ukraine is America's newest colony. Behind the scenes, Washington runs things. It's putschist-installed regime is a convenient proxy.

Southeastern Ukraine is Obama's war. Ending it is as simple as him calling off his dogs. He wants war, not peace.

He wants another puppet regime Washington controls. He wants Ukraine incorporated into NATO.

It shares a nearly 1.500 land and sea border with Russia. As a NATO member, it's a dagger threatening Russia's security.

It risks East/West confrontation. It's madness if it erupts.

Putin is geopolitically polar opposite Obama. He's not revanchist. He has no territorial ambitions. He doesn't threaten his neighbors.

He supports multi-world polarity. He believes sovereign independence is inviolable.

He wants conflicts resolved diplomatically. He deplores war. He champions peace.

Following a working visit to Mongolia, he answered journalists' questions. In response to one, he explained his seven-point peace plan, saying:

"On the way here from Blagoveshchensk to Ulan Bator, I jotted down a few thoughts that could constitute an action plan of sorts."

It challenges Washington's regional hegemonic ambitions. It depends on war and conquest. Peace defeats its agenda.

Putin continued saying:

"True, I have only these notes that I jotted down, but I can read them to you if you want."

"In order to stop the bloodshed and stabilise the situation in southeast Ukraine, I believe that the parties to the conflict should immediately
agree on and coordinate the following steps:"

"First, end active offensive operations by armed forces, armed units and militia groups in southeast Ukraine in the Donetsk and Lugansk areas."

"Second, withdraw Ukrainian armed forces units to a distance that would make it impossible to fire on populated areas using artillery and
all types of multiple launch rocket systems."

"Third, allow for full and objective international monitoring of compliance with the ceasefire and monitoring of the situation in the safe zone
created by the ceasefire."

"Fourth, exclude all use of military aircraft against civilians and populated areas in the conflict zone."

"Fifth, organise the exchange of individuals detained by force on an all for all basis without any preconditions."

"Sixth, open humanitarian corridors for refugees and for delivering humanitarian cargoes to towns and populated areas in Donbass ­ Donetsk
and Lugansk Regions."

"Seventh, make it possible for repair brigades to come to damaged settlements in the Donbass region in order to repair and rebuild social
facilities and life-supporting infrastructure and help the region to prepare for the winter."

"I think that the Kiev authorities and the representatives of southeast Ukraine could come to basic agreements and cement them at the
contact group’s planned meeting on September 5."

"I want to note that this statement and all I just said follow on from the telephone conversation with President Poroshenko that you asked about."

"I hope very much that Ukraine's government will support the emerging progress in bilateral relations and make use of the positive
opportunity the contact group's work provides to bring about final and comprehensive settlement to the situation in southeast Ukraine,
in full and unconditional respect for the lawful rights of those who live there of course."

"That is all I have to say. I have nothing to add. Thank you."

Putin genuinely wants just peace. He's gone all-out for it throughout months of conflict. Washington rebuffs him. So does Kiev.

Oligarch president Poroshenko talks peace. He deplores it. He wages war.

Conflict resolution remains distant. Southeastern Ukrainian civilians in the line of fire suffer most.

Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) Prime Minister Aleksandr Sakharchenko expressed willingness to end fighting.

But only if Kiev forces, its Right Sector battalions and mercenaries agree to ceasefire terms. They can't be trusted.

They previously sabotaged deals, said Zakharchenko. So did Kiev on orders from Washington.

German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier expressed willingness "to assist (the path for peace) via either repeating
(the earlier failed Geneva process) or through other international formats."

Ukraine's illegitimate prime minister Arseniy Yatsenuk lied claiming Putin wants Ukraine destroyed. He wants a Greater Russia,
he said. He wants nothing of the sort.

His plan is "an attempt of eyewash for the international community ahead of the (September 4 and 5) NATO summit and an
attempt to avoid inevitable decisions from the EU on the new wave of sanctions against Russia," said Yatsenyuk.

"We are waiting for decisions from NATO and the EU on how to stop the aggressor."

Ukraine's peace plan includes one point, he added: withdrawing (nonexistent) Russian troops from Ukraine. "And then there will be peace," he claimed.

Previous peace efforts failed. Russia's good faith efforts were sabotaged. Kiev violated agreed on terms straightaway. Washington calls the shots.

It bears repeating. Peace defeats its agenda. War serves its hegemonic ambitions.

Thousands of civilian casualties are a small price to pay. So are hundreds of thousands displaced.

War without mercy continues. NATO's September 4 and 5 summit bears watching.

Expect Washington to manipulate talks. Expect Russia accused of US-led Western and Ukrainian crimes.

Expect anti-Russian military policies agreed on. Expect more sanctions to follow.

Expect conflict to continue. Expect peace to remain a distant hope.

Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago. He can be reached at lendmanstephen@sbcglobal.net.

His new book as editor and contributor is titled "Flashpoint in Ukraine: US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III."

http://www.claritypress.com/LendmanIII.html

Visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com.

Listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network.

It airs three times weekly: live on Sundays at 1PM Central time plus two prerecorded archived programs.

http://www.progressiveradionetwork.com/the-progressive-news-hour

http://www.rense.com/general96/putinsukraine.html

Cidersomerset
4th September 2014, 09:51
Don't forget that RT (Russia Today) television is state owned and funded. It is therefore unlikely to be any
more balanced and impartial than other TV channels. It's just a mouthpiece of the Russian government and as such will obviously skew its reporting accordingly.

Nick

This has been pointed out , but RT so far has had the best balanced reports on the subject with good analysts and
independent journalists/bloggers. This one is not very optimistic this ceasefire will hold...

oARHJ_CNUkI

Published on 3 Sep 2014

Vladimir Putin proposes steps for peace between Ukraine's warring sides after a
phone conversation with his Ukrainian counterpart. On "IN the NOW" Anissa Naouai
talks about the peace plan, media confusion and Ukraine conflict with political
scientist Brad Cabana

Cidersomerset
4th September 2014, 09:54
CrossTalk: Kiev in Retreat

CfvoTACizDw

Published on 3 Sep 2014

Ukraine's civil war has grounded in stalemate and the economy is crashing.
This has created an opening for dialogue. Will all parties seize the moment
or will Moscow continue to be blamed?

CrossTalking with Karel van Wolferen, Neil Clark and Gilbert Doctorow.

Hervé
4th September 2014, 10:22
Don't forget that RT (Russia Today) television is state owned and funded. It is therefore unlikely to be any more balanced and impartial than other TV channels. It's just a mouthpiece of the Russian government and as such will obviously skew its reporting accordingly.

Nick

Indeed,

However, it seems that RT and affiliated have enough remaining intelligence to use "truth," i.e. factual data, to their advantage and, by doing so, pour some of that proverbial salt on Fox's, CNN's, BBC's, etc's, feet which are heavily wounded because they keep shooting themselves in there...

Cidersomerset
4th September 2014, 12:55
'No more Iraq' US intel veterans ask Merkel to prevent Ukraine war, rely on facts

Qdq24zh_CPo

Published on 4 Sep 2014

group of American intelligence veterans has written a letter appealing for efforts to avoid a war over
Ukraine - addressing it to German chancellor Angela Merkel. One of its authors is William Binney, a
former Technical Director with America's National Security Agency. He explained to RT their main concern.

================================================== ==============

I posted this on another thread......but part of the bigger picture

I was just litening to the BBC news on the radio and the summery
from the NATO conference is that the US/UK are pushing for
another coalition of the willing to attack ISIS by air in Iraq
and possibly Syria as well. This looks like a set up to get rid
of President Assad thru the back door.

They tried last year to get the bombing of targets thru
Parliament last year and failed. Now with the ramping up
of ISIS attacks it would probably get Parliamentry
approval as a humanitarian act......

This is why it looks like an intelligence operation create
and cultivate ISIS. Let them loose then reign them in
taking out unco-operative leaders like Assad in the process..

================================================== ==

ISIL preparing for offensive on air base in eastern Syria

Thursday 4th September 2014 at 04:03 By david-icke

http://www.davidicke.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/377482_Syria-Takfiris.jpg

‘The ISIL Takfiri terrorists are reportedly preparing for a major attack in the eastern
Syrian province of Dayr al-Zawr to take control of an air base.

The so-called Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Tuesday that the
militants were mobilizing as civilians escaped from the nearby villages.

Some 1,500 Syrian soldiers are stationed at the airbase in Dayr al-Zawr, which is
used by the Syrian air force for operations against ISIL positions in the province

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/09/02/377482/isil-about-to-raid-east-syria-airbase/

Hogswitch
4th September 2014, 14:35
You will notice that I didn't suggest that any particular news agency was more credible, frankly I'm sure they all have their agendas. But he who pays the piper calls the tune, and since RT is funded by the Russian government I hardly think it can be relied upon to be impartial in reporting on the actions of it's own paymaster. Anybody with even an ounce of discernment can clearly identify the bias when you listen to their reports on the Ukraine situation. Knowing nothing about RT at all, even that it was Russian, I picked up on this straight away. I even researched expecting to find that it was the official Russian news agency just from the tone of it's news items.

Hog.

Bill Ryan
4th September 2014, 16:28

Yeah. RT is suspect, right? Not like those objective, independent, agenda free journalists at Fox, CNN and the BBC.

That's my view, also. :)

Of course, RT is basically pro-Russian, but in my opinion is more balanced and accurate than anything in the mainstream USA media.

I'd also recommend Al Jazeera in English... they have a very able and pretty large team of western reporters. You see things reported there (and on RT) — about Africa, Asia, South America, all over the developing world... that NEVER appear on CNN.

http://aljazeera.com

Bill Ryan
4th September 2014, 16:36
-------

From RT, today (headlined again as Breaking News):

http://rt.com/news/185008-poroshenko-ukraine-ceasefire-talks

Ukraine president: Ceasefire will start at 11:00GMT Friday if Minsk meeting goes ahead

Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko says he’ll order a ceasefire for government troops fighting self-defense forces in the southeast of country if the meeting of Ukrainian, Russian and OSCE envoys takes place in Belarus on Friday as planned.

Of course, let's see if this happens. But if it does, that's a VERY GOOD THING (crucially important, maybe). We should all be supporting that.

Meanwhile, a NATO summit began in Wales, today. Russia is being heavily criticized: lots of rhetoric about how Europe must come to Ukraine's aid.

And, this is most fascinating: Jim Willie [below] said on 31 August that he has inside sources stating that NATO is collapsing, and that special forces from European countries are now fighting AGAINST Kiev troops... astonishing information if true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgOUazLGdhc

Kimberley
5th September 2014, 02:26
"We can choose to be and therefore reflect Peace, Love, Awareness -and all that which uplifts and unveils a more conscious understanding.

Or… we can play the tape of blame, anger, hatred, victimization, pointing fingers, and never, ever looking at our own projections. : )

We ultimately have the choice, right here, and right now." <<<<<<Buddy Huggins

Cidersomerset
5th September 2014, 10:16
Still hopes for the cease fire on Friday, but fighting and shelling still flare up .........

Heavy fighting continues in E. Ukraine as president vows truce

W6wO6AUEcgk

Published on 4 Sep 2014

Ukrainian president said at a NATO summit, that a ceasefire could be announced as early as
tomorrow. Meanwhile the violence shows no sign of letting up, particularly outside the port
city of Mariupol. RT's Paula Slier reports

Published on 4 Sep 2014

Shocking video emerges from residential areas in Donetsk in east Ukraine - which has again come
under heavy army shelling in the past few hours, despite both sides suggesting they are ready to
Implement a ceasefire by tomorrow

PFJsr_T9R5w

Grad shelling filmed outside Mariupol as ceasefire deadline closes

xOmT86HJIcI

Published on 5 Sep 2014

User's video shows GRAD rocket barrage hitting countryside near the town. It is
unclear who fired the rockets. GRADs have been widely used in the conflict that has
left almost 3,000 civilians dead and over 1,000,000 displaced

Bill Ryan
5th September 2014, 13:40
-------

Well, they did it. :)

http://rt.com/news/185396-ukraine-ceasefire-russia-militia

Confirmed on Ukraine President Poroshenko's official Twitter account. (This is how news is announced these days!) Also on the Interfax News agency. The ceasefire comes into effect in an hour and 20 mins from now.

Been watching this closely. (This is important, folks.)

Laughing at CNN and BBC not yet reporting it at all. (This was not 'meant to happen'...) But, of course, they'll have to.. it's even a headline now on Reuters. It'll be downplayed with a lot of engineered skepticism and cynicism in western media... but I think this is for real.

http://projectavalon.net/RT_ceasefire_news_5_Sept_2014.gif

Bill Ryan
5th September 2014, 14:15
-------

(subplot here, for all those interested in media manipulation)

Here's what the BBC said:

http://projectavalon.net/BBC_ceasefire_news_5_Sept_2014.jpg

And CNN...

http://projectavalon.net/CNN_ceasefire_news_5_Sept_2014.jpg

While here's what really happened...

http://projectavalon.net/RT_photo_ceasefire_news_5_Sept_2014.jpg

Cidersomerset
5th September 2014, 15:25
http://static.bbci.co.uk/frameworks/barlesque/2.66.0/desktop/3.5/img/blq-blocks_grey_alpha.png

5 September 2014 Last updated at 16:05

Ukraine and pro-Russia rebels sign ceasefire deal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29082574

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebels Sign Cease-fire Deal With Ukraine

GzLCyKmsxpA

Published on 5 Sep 2014

Pro-Russian rebels say on their Twitter page that they have signed a cease-fire deal
with Ukraine that starts in less than two hours. The Friday announcement comes as
representatives of Ukraine, Russia, pro-Russian rebels, and the Organization for
Security and Cooperation in Europe were meeting in the Belarusian capital of Minsk.
The rebels tweeted that the deal would start at 11 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
There was no immediate confirmation of the rebel statement by the Ukrainian
government.

WhiteFeather
5th September 2014, 15:37
ob·so·lete - 1. cause (a product or idea) to be or become obsolete by replacing it with something new.

Yep War is Obsolete, Peace is the newest technology, always was.

Glad to hear of the ceasefire. Perhaps many of us primitive humans will get a liken to this new technology, that in which we call Peace.

Got Peace!

Cidersomerset
5th September 2014, 18:41
CrossTalk: Kiev's collapse?

Cvp5olpJ698

Published on 5 Sep 2014

Ukraine and the talk - even hope - of peace. Both Kiev and Moscow have ideas on
how to end Ukraine's civil war. While much still must be done, it appears the Kiev
regime no longer believes in military solutions. Where do we go from here?
CrossTalking with Jonathan Steele, Daniel Faraci and Richard Weitz.

Snookie
5th September 2014, 18:42
-------

From RT, today (headlined again as Breaking News):

http://rt.com/news/185008-poroshenko-ukraine-ceasefire-talks

Ukraine president: Ceasefire will start at 11:00GMT Friday if Minsk meeting goes ahead

Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko says he’ll order a ceasefire for government troops fighting self-defense forces in the southeast of country if the meeting of Ukrainian, Russian and OSCE envoys takes place in Belarus on Friday as planned.

Of course, let's see if this happens. But if it does, that's a VERY GOOD THING (crucially important, maybe). We should all be supporting that.

Meanwhile, a NATO summit began in Wales, today. Russia is being heavily criticized: lots of rhetoric about how Europe must come to Ukraine's aid.

And, this is most fascinating: Jim Willie [below] said on 31 August that he has inside sources stating that NATO is collapsing, and that special forces from European countries are now fighting AGAINST Kiev troops... astonishing information if true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgOUazLGdhc

If what Jim Willie is saying is true, then I suspect the European NATO countries realize that they had better start assisting Russia against the US backed illigel Ukrainian government, mainly due to Victoria Nuland's "F**k the EU" comment.

The EU has a lot more to loose from the Russian sanctions than the US does, so I can see why they may decide to back Russia in this case.

Veritas has a great interview with MS King called "The War Against Putin". Putin has a 70 - 80% approval rating in Russia, unlike most of the western leaders. What does that tell you?

Cidersomerset
5th September 2014, 21:27
Kiev, East Ukraine militia agree on ceasefire

OG5uOqdGkSM

Published on 5 Sep 2014
Kiev officials and representatives of the two self-proclaimed republics in
southeastern Ukraine have agreed to a ceasefire, as the contact group met behind closed doors in Belarus - READ MORE http://on.rt.com/xe9rp2

=================================================

http://static.bbci.co.uk/frameworks/barlesque/2.66.0/desktop/3.5/img/blq-blocks_grey_alpha.png

Short vid on link....http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29084838

Ukraine crisis: Petro Poroshenko on ceasefire deal2 hours ago

The Ukrainian President, Petro Poroshenko, says he has ordered the military to declare a ceasefire in eastern Ukraine.

It comes after the Ukrainian government and pro-Russian rebels agreed a deal intended to halt months of fighting,

Speaking at the Nato summit in Wales, Mr Poroshenko said that it was important for the ceasefire to hold.

Read more
Ukraine country profile - Overview
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29084838

Kimberley
5th September 2014, 22:13
Again I say whoo hoo!!!

When the Syria situation just vanished I was elated and I am once again elated!!! Keep up the good "work"!!!

This is a great thread...thank you :grouphug:

Anchor
6th September 2014, 10:10
Only one year ago (+/- a week) and we were all intently workign on bringing a harmony to Syria and warding off any ideas of extra agression toward those people acting inside Syria against the highest intents of the majority.

Here is how Putin helped - remember?

I see that John Kerry's "off the cuff" remark about Syria giving up Chemical weapons was immediately seized upon by Putin who said lets get to work immediately. So now it looks like Putin will find a way to broker a deal that disarms the US case for military action. To me this is good news. Obama seems to be on-side with this new plan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24026619

"Mr Obama's remarks came after Russia asked Syria to put its chemical weapons stockpiles under international control and then have them destroyed, in an attempt to avoid US military strikes."

The idea appeared to have stemmed from an inadvertent suggestion by US Secretary of State John Kerry.

"When asked at a news conference whether there was anything Syrian President Bashar al-Assad could do to avoid a military strike, Mr Kerry replied that he could hand over his entire stockpile of chemical weapons within the next week."

This strikes me as a remarkable demonstration of things moving in mysterious ways!

In my books Putin appears to me to be doing the right thing. Seems like he is in this particular situation as well.

I am particularly pleased to see that the US and British initiatives to make all this worse look like they may be seen for what they are (and fail).

Cidersomerset
6th September 2014, 12:37
Cease fire holding , but still political posturing going on......
------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 September 2014 Last updated at 12:53

Russia 'will react' to EU sanctions

Short vid on link....http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29093531
The BBC's Richard Galpin says the thud of artillery no longer echoes through the
streets of Donetsk

Russia has vowed to respond if the European Union imposes new sanctions over the
Ukraine crisis.

The EU says the sanctions, targeting more Russian individuals, will come in on
Monday but could be suspended if Russia withdraws troops from east Ukraine and
observes a current truce.

The ceasefire, agreed in Belarus on Friday, appears to be largely holding.

Some 2,600 people have died since a pro-Russian rebellion began in eastern
Ukraine in April.

'No violations'

The Russian foreign ministry said in a statement: "As for the new list of sanctions
from the European Union, if they are passed, there will undoubtedly be a reaction
from our side."

The fresh sanctions would add another 24 people to the list of people barred from
entering the EU and whose assets have been frozen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29093531

========================================

NATO Sends 4,000 Troops To Russia’s Border

Saturday 6th September 2014 at 04:27 By david-icke

BzimJyqpExY

Published on 4 Sep 2014

Air Date: September 3rd, 2014

This video may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available
for educational purposes only. This constitutes a 'fair use' of any such
copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HYPOCRISY ?

State Dept's Harf accuses AP journalist of 'buying Russian propaganda'

vb0nK9ztZZg

Published on 6 Sep 2014

State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf talked about NATO's decision to
create spearhead forces at a daily briefing on Friday. Answering questions
from AP journalist Matthew Lee, she expressed her irritation at Matthew's
tone and suggested he was buying into Russian propaganda.

RT LIVE http://rt.com/on-air

=======================================

Former U.S. Ambassador to the Soviet Union: The U.S. and NATO
Are Provoking the Ukrainian Crisis

Saturday 6th September 2014 at 04:18 By david-icke

http://www.davidicke.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/get-attachment-25-587x355.jpg

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Old-Banner-Brighter.jpg

Former U.S. Ambassador to the Soviet Union: The U.S. and Nato
Are Provoking the Ukrainian Crisis

Posted on September 5, 2014 by WashingtonsBlog

Encircling Russia and Arming Ukraine Are What’s Provoking the Bear

Jack Matlock, U.S. ambassador to the Soviet Union from 1987 to 1991,
says that the U.S. and NATO are to blame for the Ukraine crisis:

‘The fact is they are going to intervene until they are certain that there
is no prospect of Ukraine becoming a member of NATO. And all of the
threats by NATO and so on to sort of increase defenses elsewhere is
simply provocative to the Russians. Now, I’m not saying that’s right,
but I am saying that’s the way Russia is going to react. And frankly,
this is all predictable.

And those of us who helped negotiate the end of the Cold War almost
unanimously said in the 1990s, “Do not expand NATO eastward. Find a
different way to protect eastern Europe, a way that includes Russia.
Otherwise, eventually there’s going to be a confrontation, because there
is a red line, as far as any Russian government is concerned, when it
comes to Ukraine and Georgia and other former republics of the Soviet Union.”’

Read more: Former U.S. Ambassador to the Soviet Union: The U.S.
and NATO Are Provoking the Ukrainian Crisis

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/09/former-u-s-ambassador-ussr-u-s-nato-provoking-ukrainian-crisis.html

Cidersomerset
6th September 2014, 14:53

6 September 2014 Last updated at 15:49

Ukraine crisis: Ceasefire is 'largely holding'Breaking news

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/51606000/jpg/_51606573_fa1d16c0-9c6c-4f82-b0b8-ab66ddd94f78.jpg

The Ukrainian and Russian presidents have agreed that a ceasefire in eastern
Ukraine is "largely holding".

Ukraine's Petro Poroshenko said he spoke by phone to his Russian counterpart
Vladimir Putin to discuss steps to make Friday's truce durable.

The truce was agreed during talks in Minsk, Belarus.

Some 2,600 people have died in the conflict, which began when pro-Russian rebels
seized a number of towns in eastern Ukraine in April.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29095850
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ex-CIA contractor: US aiding ex-Soviet states to attack Russia

Friday 5th September 2014 at 04:03 By david-icke

http://www.davidicke.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/377594_Obama-Russia-.jpg

Short vid on link.....http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/09/03/377594/us-actions-on-isil-height-of-hypocrisy/

‘US President Barack Obama’s efforts in Estonia to form a coalition against
Russia is a “diversion” and illustrates the “height of hypocrisy,” an American
author and former CIA and NSA contractor says.

Steven D. Kelley made the comments after he was asked by Press TV about
Obama’s statement in Estonia on Wednesday that the United States will not
be intimidated by ISIL militants after the beheading of a second American
journalist and will build a coalition to “degrade and destroy” the group.

Obama flew to Estonia as part of a 4-day European trip to hold talks with
leaders of the NATO military alliance as tensions escalate between the
West and Russia over the crisis in Ukraine.’

The US president also announced plans to send military units and aircraft
to the Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania to reassure those
countries of their security amid the ongoing conflict in Ukraine.
(Obama) talks about forming a coalition to deal with the problem of ISIL
while he is trying to form a coalition of former Soviet satellites to form a
basis for the purpose of attacking Russia."

Obama is using the ISIL beheading of US journalist Steven Sotloff a
diversion from what he is doing over there in the Baltics,¯ Kelley told
Press TV on Wednesday. This seems to be the height of hypocrisy.

He argued that the US president is attempting to form a coalition against
Russia for its activities in Ukraine while people of eastern Ukraine are
under attack¯ by the US, EU and NATO.

Some Western countries and the Kiev government accuse Moscow of
having a hand in the crisis in eastern Ukraine where pro-Russian forces
are engaged in fierce battles with government forces.

Russia denies the allegations.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/09/03/377594/us-actions-on-isil-height-of-hypocrisy/

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/2014/09/05/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NATO summit pushes alliance East in tough stance on Russia

zAZ9N_-CjwY

Published on 6 Sep 2014

Russia's Foreign ministry says the announcement the bloc will hold military
drills with Ukraine will only increase tensions. The decision was made public
at the NATO summit in Wales, where the alliance also agreed to create a
rapid reaction force for Eastern Europe, made up of thousands of troops.
RT's Harry Fear reports.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jackovesk
6th September 2014, 15:10
Funny thing is, this will be all forgotten soon...

Especially when the next ((False Flag)) takes place...:usa2:

The Ukraine/Russia conflict is so over the top its just pathetic...:faint:

Another "Mitered Story for a ((Mitered Time)) and I haven't even mentioned how conveniently M17 crash-landed right in the heart of the conflict zone...:faint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvWUHxZ99Jk
http://radio.offplanetmedia.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/dhl-strange-gods1.png

NEXT...:faint:

Omni
6th September 2014, 15:36

Nick
It's the best mainstream media source in the world IMO. Not that mainstream media is ever absolutely pure of agendas, but RT is a very good source IMO. Not saying they are perfect, and maybe they are biased when it comes to Russian politics. However I have not seen such from them. They have balanced journalists from what I've seen. Like when they interview someone, they present a balanced proper opinion in every case I have seen. I don't see them talking over people, or forcing their opinion's down anyone throats...

Cidersomerset
7th September 2014, 18:03
miscellaneous articles.....More military $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Y5_qHAFk3eA

Published on 7 Sep 2014

US has been spending hundreds of billions of dollars on its nuclear arsenal. But the spate of
scandals surrounding those responsible for the thousands of warheads and the infrastructure
raise questions over the security of the world's deadliest weapons. RT's Gayane Chichakyan reports

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vladimir Putin on western propaganda and media lies ...from 2008 same in 2014

6u_GrfkHxMA

Published on 5 Sep 2014

Prasident of Russia Vladimir Putin on on western propaganda and media lies.
Pressconference about Georgia war in 2008, 14.09.2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although this article is a couple days old the discussion is relevant......

'NATO spearhead force shows turn from defense to offense'

FhxGKknuQV0

Published on 5 Sep 2014

To discuss the latest developments in Ukraine and at NATO’s summit in Wales, RT
is joined live by British investigative journalist Tony Gosling and political analyst
Chris Bambery.

Cidersomerset
7th September 2014, 18:21
http://static.bbci.co.uk/frameworks/barlesque/2.64.0/desktop/3.5/img/blq-blocks_grey_alpha.png

7 September 2014 Last updated at 15:17

Ukraine truce shaken by new shelling

short vids on link.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29098808

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SI-YabVtZtY

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EU to roll out new sanctions against Russia despite E. Ukraine ceasefire

Htgfk3MBu84

Published on 6 Sep 2014

In the wake of the truce deal for eastern Ukraine, the EU has readied a package of fresh
sanctions against Moscow, but stopped short of putting it in place. RT's Peter Oliver reports.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ukrainian troops encircled outside Ilovaisk want to change Kiev government – US media

Sunday 7th September 2014 at 11:35 By david-icke

http://www.davidicke.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/get-attachment-378-587x390.jpg

‘Fighters of Ukrainian volunteer battalions that were encircled outside the city of Ilovaisk in late
August are accusing the Kiev government of not supporting them and threaten to change the
regime, Foreign Policy magazine said in an article published on its website on Saturday. The
magazine correspondent met some of the fighters.

“The army didn’t come to help us we were in the corridor for two days and they didn’t come
to help us, and that’s the worst part”, said a fighter from the Donbass volunteer battalion.

http://en.itar-tass.com/world/748477

Cidersomerset
8th September 2014, 21:24
The Ukrainian people want it to work...But do Kiev and NATO ??

I have feeling this will work. People want it: OSCE on Ukraine ceasefire

9JYBbEP9ea4
Published on 8 Sep 2014

The ceasefire agreed between Kiev and anti-government forces in Ukraine is still
holding, despite isolated outbreaks of fighting. RT's Paula Slier talks to Kai Vittrup
from OSCE special monitoring mission to Ukraine.

RT LIVE http://rt.com/on-air

================================================== =

Game over? Ukraine militia hope for best, fear worst

j5qWr842TxA

Published on 8 Sep 2014

The ceasefire agreement between government forces and militias in Eastern
Ukraine is holding. That's despite a number of sporadic clashes since the deal was
signed. Fighters leaving the crisis area have expressed hope the truce will last, as
Paula Slier reports