PDA

View Full Version : How You Define Love?

apokalypse
30th September 2014, 01:51
what is love? how you define love? is there restriction with love? is there boundaries or type of love like love kids-friends-mother..ect? currently seeing people especially my relative talking about family values and love but there's still condition next to it. is family always comes first and others come last? people show love their love to the family(husband-wives and kids) while screwed the rest or don't care about other people..its all about my family and willing doing anything for them but with others are not.

what you do if your family member(love one) in hospital? will you take time off work or anything be with them? are you stay back or take care that person without anyone asking or enquire? not with my relative/family...i said to them look like i have to take a day off work stay with a person who was in hospital and in-law said along the line of you should while he's most concern is kids at home and job...something like "i got work tomorrow, i can't stay back or be in hospital..don't worry there's other people who doing nothing or not BUSY able to stay with the sick one"

pretty much my relative too busy with work or what ever they doing come first and the rest are last...for instance my cousin family was busy buying school stuff for the kids and leave the old man in the hospital alone.

just f'cking pissed me about talking about love and seeing these people being religious go to church every sunday but their egos is massive...it's about me me me, my family, my job and has no f'cking compassion or empathy.

i find it when people are so attached to physicality the more they distance themselves from LOVE or who they really are.

foreverfan
30th September 2014, 04:12
You can't understand love until you lose something you truly love which will cause you to hurt for ever. This is the best teacher of love. Understanding that money does not buy love and in many cases eliminates it... is also very important.

After 56 years, I feel that only 3 people truly remain that I truly love. I have major other feelings for about 50 other people, but I think only losing 3 people would make me hurt so bad that it would truly affect me. That is my wife, only child/daughter and only sister.

I thank god every night that I have so many in my life.

octobpra
30th September 2014, 04:12
Greeting Avalonian
Thanks Sandy
from my mind and my experiences and imo love is only one way direction it's only giving...... it;s all about to give..... give to everything in this universe..

salam........

octobpra
30th September 2014, 04:26
i want to share this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaWA2GbcnJU
salam............

A Voice from the Mountains
30th September 2014, 04:48
As long as we live in a dualistic world I think our ability to love is limited somehow.

I feel like to really love something is to identify it as part of yourself, and treat it exactly as if it's part of you.

But in duality there must always be an "other," that we don't identify with, whatever it may be. To even have an experience here as a human seems to depend on some duality.

ghostrider
30th September 2014, 05:53
Love is compassion in action ...

apokalypse
30th September 2014, 06:28
agreed, love is part of ourselves and compassion-empathy is action of love...i only able to see 2 person or a few at finger tips on top of my hand who have it or at least have abit of it while the rest all talked.

StandingWave
30th September 2014, 06:41
Love is the unobstructed allowing and unconditional, grateful acceptance of What Is; the eternally unfolding Presence of Experiencing.

Shezbeth
30th September 2014, 07:37
Congratulations, you have inspired me to include content that was otherwise sequestered. Rejoice! :p

Love is a Lie (don't worry, so is Fear)!

I know it will never be accepted by an overwhelming majority for reasons of agenda, preconception, bias, etc. Still,....

Love (and Fear) are simply words which people use to describe far simpler - but contextually compounded to appear infinitely and incomprehensibly complicated/complex - aspects of being extant. Just as God is a word to describe aspects of creation that cannot be defined by a limited organism, Love and Fear are used to describe properties of a functioning organism that cannot be quantified given our technological/perceptual limitations.

I am not contesting the actions of attraction, affection, appreciation, optimism, hope, etc. nor the subsequent brain-drugs (seratonin, nor-epiniphrine, endorphins, etc) nor am I suggesting the same for repulsion, apprehension, anxiety, pessimism, worry, etc. I am suggesting that neither love nor fear as subjective, experienced concepts cannot be broken down into empirical and objective circumstances. As indicated, this cannot be done exhaustively, else there would be no contest to the idea I am presenting. As is, this is and will remain a simple theory, but I contest the idea that it can be empirically disproven.

The words Love, Fear, Good, Evil, etc., these are simply words, an attempt by individuals to find meaning and to express competence and understanding of phenomenon that when broken down cannot be entirely understood but maybe can be observed with consistency. Any truth that exists cannot be spoken of, for to speak of something is an attempt to simplify it beyond the truth of the matter.

Everything I - or anyone for that matter - tell(s) you is a lie in that it is a simplification of what is true. Everything that is seen is a lie, in that it is not a full perception of what is true. Don't believe me? Good! While you're in disbelief, tell me what ultra-violet looks like; tell me what electromagnetic radiation or magnetic waves look like, or even sound like. There is a fine line between detection and understanding. What humanity - and I am included in this - fails to want to grasp is the vast and incredible impotence of the species. In that impotence, we come up with words and ideas that may possess some degree of accuracy, but only according to the detection methods we have at our disposal.

It is no more (and IMO far less) accurate than rendering a 3-dimensional drawing on a 2-dimensional surface. Many - again myself included - attest to higher dimensional experiences, but having an experience and understanding it are very different things. There may entail a feeling of understanding, but how accurate is that? How does/can a feeling stand as proof of anything?

And so, we remain hurdling through the apparent universe on a rock grasping at straws (ideas and words) as we go along, never really certain of anything while trying to convince ourselves and one another of our certainty.

KaiLee
30th September 2014, 07:45
This topic of love has had me thinking recently too. I've realised I'd never experienced real love before. Not until my daughter became an adult, had I been offered unconditional love towards me because of who I am. It was revelatory. Wow, so that's what real love feels like. To be honoured as a human being of worth in the world, enjoyed, protected.

To love is to give up any and all preconceptions. To be loved is to be accepted.

I don't expect love to mean what a person will or will not do for me. If I was sick, yeah it would be nice to see them (or maybe not...), but their presence does not define their level of love.

Having never experienced love until nearly 50years of age I can now see just how protective it must be in life. Not for what they could have done, but for what they might have said during the low times of life. For how love lifts the spirit and keeps a safe hand under you, always.

Most love is conditional. That is not love. That is affection for prescribed behaviours. Love continues.

Sérénité
30th September 2014, 08:53
what is love? how you define love? is there restriction with love? is there boundaries or type of love like love kids-friends-mother..ect?

I think Love is felt differently and means something different to everyone.

For me, Love is that deep bond with someone that ties you, like an invisible web, to the other persons soul. It doesn't know boundaries, there are no categories, whether the person is your child, your parent, your best friend or your spouse, Love is Love.

For me if you truly love somebody, you would try to do your best for that person, to make them happy, to show how much they mean to you, to help them, to show compassion and care for them. You do this not out of fear of loosing them or wanting to impress them, but because they are intertwined with your spirit so tightly that if they feel pain or are unhappy, so are you. Likewise if they are happy and healthy, so are you.

I've questioned this a lot recently also, after leaving my husband. He says he loves me. Yet this is a man who has knowingly, continually, torn me to pieces over the years. Shows no emotion, no compassion, no empathy, no love and is only able to show sexual affection.

So I conclude, maybe some people are unable to show and feel real Love. Maybe they do not have the depth of emotion in their soul to Love and care, unconditionally, for another? Maybe their brains fire up differently?
Is it nature or nurture that makes a person this way? Can someone ever break down those icey barriers and become a loving person? Do they even know that to Love another means more than saying it but having to really, truly feel it and show it?

I've no idea...but I do know that when our paths cross with those who are unable to show honest, true, unconditional Love, we shouldn't let it ice over our own hearts.
No matter what they do, just keep being that warm, loving person you are regardless.

The world needs more Love! :peace: :grouphug: