PDA

View Full Version : No Doomsday in 2012

The One
29th October 2010, 08:55
Apparently, the world is going to end on December 21st, 2012. Yes, you read correctly, in some way, shape or form, the Earth (or at least a large portion of humans on the planet) will cease to exist. Stop planning your careers, don’t bother buying a house, and be sure to spend the last years of your life doing something you always wanted to do but never had the time. Now you have the time, to enjoy yourselves before the end.
So what is all this crazy talk? We’ve all heard these doomsday predictions before, we’re still here, and the planet is still here, why is 2012 so important? Well, the Mayan calendar stops at the end of the year 2012, churning up all sorts of religious, scientific, astrological and historic reasons why this calendar foretells the end of life as we know it. The Mayan Prophecy is gaining strength and appears to be worrying people in all areas of society. Forget Nostradamus, forget the Y2K bug, forget the credit crunch, this event is predicted to be huge and many wholeheartedly believe this is going to happen for real. Planet X could even be making a comeback.

For all those 2012 Mayan Prophecy believers out there, I have bad news. There is going to be no doomsday event in 2012, and here’s why.

The Mayan Calendar
So what is the Mayan Calendar? The calendar was constructed by an advanced civilization called the Mayans around 250-900 AD. Evidence for the Maya empire stretches around most parts of the southern states of Mexico and reaches down to the current geological locations of Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador and some of Honduras. The people living in Mayan society exhibited very advanced written skills and had an amazing ability when constructing cities and urban planning. The Mayans are probably most famous for their pyramids and other intricate and grand buildings. The people of Maya had a huge impact on Central American culture, not just within their civilization, but with other indigenous populations in the region. Significant numbers of Mayans still live today, continuing their age-old traditions.
The Mayans used many different calendars and viewed time as a meshing of spiritual cycles. While the calendars had practical uses, such as social, agricultural, commercial and administrative tasks, there was a very heavy religious element. Each day had a patron spirit, signifying that each day had specific use. This contrasts greatly with our modern Gregorian calendar which primarily sets the administrative, social and economic dates.

Most of the Mayan calendars were short. The Tzolk’in calendar lasted for 260 days and the Haab’ approximated the solar year of 365 days. The Mayans then combined both the Tzolk’in and the Haab’ to form the “Calendar Round”, a cycle lasting 52 Haab’s (around 52 years, or the approximate length of a generation). Within the Calendar Round were the trecena (13 day cycle) and the veintena (20 day cycle). Obviously, this system would only be of use when considering the 18,980 unique days over the course of 52 years. In addition to these systems, the Mayans also had the “Venus Cycle”. Being keen and highly accurate astronomers they formed a calendar based on the location of Venus in the night sky. It’s also possible they did the same with the other planets in the Solar System.
Using the Calendar Round is great if you simply wanted to remember the date of your birthday or significant religious periods, but what about recording history? There was no way to record a date older than 52 years.
The end of the Long Count = the end of the Earth?
The Mayans had a solution. Using an innovative method, they were able to expand on the 52 year Calendar Round. Up to this point, the Mayan Calendar may have sounded a little archaic – after all, it was possibly based on religious belief, the menstrual cycle, mathematical calculations using the numbers 13 and 20 as the base units and a heavy mix of astrological myth. The only principal correlation with the modern calendar is the Haab’ that recognised there were 365 days in one solar year (it’s not clear whether the Mayans accounted for leap years). The answer to a longer calendar could be found in the “Long Count”, a calendar lasting 5126 years.
I’m personally very impressed with this dating system. For starters, it is numerically predictable and it can accurately pinpoint historical dates. However, it depends on a base unit of 20 (where modern calendars use a base unit of 10). So how does this work?

The base year for the Mayan Long Count starts at “0.0.0.0.0″. Each zero goes from 0-19 and each represent a tally of Mayan days. So, for example, the first day in the Long Count is denoted as 0.0.0.0.1. On the 19th day we’ll have 0.0.0.0.19, on the 20th day it goes up one level and we’ll have 0.0.0.1.0. This count continues until 0.0.1.0.0 (about one year), 0.1.0.0.0 (about 20 years) and 1.0.0.0.0 (about 400 years). Therefore, if I pick an arbitrary date of 2.10.12.7.1, this represents the Mayan date of approximately 1012 years, 7 months and 1 day.
This is all very interesting, but what has this got to do with the end of the world? The Mayan Prophecy is wholly based on the assumption that something bad is going to happen when the Mayan Long Count calendar runs out. Experts are divided as to when the Long Count ends, but as the Maya used the numbers of 13 and 20 at the root of their numerical systems, the last day could occur on 13.0.0.0.0. When does this happen? Well, 13.0.0.0.0 represents 5126 years and the Long Count started on 0.0.0.0.0, which corresponds to the modern date of August 11th 3114 BC. Have you seen the problem yet? The Mayan Long Count ends 5126 years later on December 21st, 2012.
Doomsday
When something ends (even something as innocent as an ancient calendar), people seem to think up the most extreme possibilities for the end of civilization as we know it. A brief scan of the internet will pull up the most popular to some very weird ways that we will, with little logical thought, be wiped off the face of the planet. Archaeologists and mythologists on the other hand believe that the Mayans predicted an age of enlightenment when 13.0.0.0.0 comes around; there isn’t actually much evidence to suggest doomsday will strike. If anything, the Mayans predict a religious miracle, not anything sinister.
Myths are abound and seem to be fuelling movie storylines. like the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is even based around the Mayan myth that 13 crystal skulls can save humanity from certain doom. This myth says that if the 13 ancient skulls are not brought together at the right time, the Earth will be knocked off its axis. This might be a great plotline for blockbuster movies, but it also highlights the hype that can be stirred, lighting up religious, scientific and not-so-scientific ideas that the world is doomed.

Some of the most popular space-based threats to the Earth and mankind focus on Planet X wiping most life off the planet, meteorite impacts, black holes, killer solar flares, Gamma Ray Bursts from star systems, a rapid ice age and a polar (magnetic) shift. There is so much evidence against these things happening in 2012, it’s shocking just how much of a following they have generated. Each of the above “threats” needs their own devoted article as to why there is no hard evidence to support the hype.
But the fact remains, the Mayan Doomsday Prophecy is purely based on a calendar which we believe hasn’t been designed to calculate dates beyond 2012. Mayan archaeo-astronomers are even in debate as to whether the Long Count is designed to be reset to 0.0.0.0.0 after 13.0.0.0.0, or whether the calendar simply continues to 20.0.0.0.0 (approximately 8000 AD) and then reset.

Bill Ryan
29th October 2010, 12:26
Apparently, the world is going to end on December 21st, 2012. Yes, you read correctly, in some way, shape or form, the Earth (or at least a large portion of humans on the planet) will cease to exist. Stop planning your careers, don’t bother buying a house, and be sure to spend the last years of your life doing something you always wanted to do but never had the time. Now you have the time, to enjoy yourselves before the end.

[snip...]

There is going to be no doomsday event in 2012, and here’s why.

[excellent statement of what the Mayans actually left us with...]

I for one cannot wait until 1 January, 2013: because that's when we'll all be able to get focused on what's REALLY happening. (And it will all probably be fairly obvious by then.)

'2012', 'Ascension', being rescued by the 'Galactic Federation of Light' (or anyone else) - are 100% certainly well-engineered distractions. You have no idea how much the insiders laugh at people who take this nonsense seriously.

I mean that. Since August I've been in many hours of conversations with a very good man on the 'inside' who has made it absolutely crystal clear that these are all devices which we're collectively dumb enough to fall for. We're all jerked around like puppets - all the time.

They play games, which are never-ending. I was told, clearly and strongly: "They're f***ing with you, Bill." (Referring to the way that merry rings are run around the New Age movement, and have been for a long while.)

The real story is far, far darker. There is hope - but only if we wise up and separate out the reality from the fiction.

The technology they have to mess with our minds and beliefs is more effective than we ever would want to believe.

My thanks to The One for laying out so clearly what the Mayans really did say.

morguana
29th October 2010, 12:37
Yep gets my agreement and also looking forward to the year 13 :)
A big new years party for that date!!!
To much distraction it's like the net version of naffy English soap operas, x factor and such like, deigned to keep folk from living and asleep.
M

Carmody
29th October 2010, 12:50
I've never bothered with the whole 2012 thing, except to note that it is apparently an interesting date in astronomical alignments and that it may have some effects in and around that time period. Even the flash of a solar flare takes 3 days to take shape,and this involves the solar system, the planets and the galaxy. Even if it was somehow like driving a car over a cliff, due to the sheer size and motions involved, it would take months to shape itself. So...uhhhh...theres yah goes. My opinion.

Luke
29th October 2010, 13:00
You know, "Doomsday" take so much focus, like, all those people just want to die, cease existence .. just merge with background noise?
Never understood this notion.
I do see things coming to an end, but I also see that those things only "end" to made way for new "things"
That why 2012 was never "end" day for me.. rather a marker for starting something else.
TEOTWAWKI, as some say, The End Of The World As We Know IT.
Things go in circular/spherical sequences, ends and beginnings are only transition points between other realms of possibility.
Or so I think.
Economic comentators are more concrete though:

It’s just one of those cosmic jokes that 2012 will turn out to be the year the dollar collapses, and the larger world economies go down the tubes.So far so good :)

Celine
29th October 2010, 13:04

M

Richards 50th bday is Dec 22. 2012...we have a BIG party planned.

Your all invited !!

Richard
29th October 2010, 13:14
ALL?! where are we going to put 1,200 Avalonians? Better start planning now C ;)

Dale
29th October 2010, 13:21
'2012', 'Ascension', being rescued by the 'Galactic Federation of Light' (or anyone else) - are 100% certainly well-engineered distractions. You have no idea how much the insiders laugh at people who take this nonsense seriously.

Very much agreed.

From what I've heard, things are about to get even more interesting in the near future, but certainly no "ascension" or intervening of the "Galactic Federation of Light" is set to occur. These are wonderfully clever misdirects, like many other topics floating about in the "circuit."

It's up to us to sort this mess out. Hopefully we'll strengthen our spirituality and create a better "now" in the process.

viking
29th October 2010, 13:42
I always thought that the Mayans had said that we are approching the end of a cycle...and the start of a new one.

Not the end of the World.

viking

Celine
29th October 2010, 13:48
ALL?! where are we going to put 1,200 Avalonians? Better start planning now C ;)

You have NO IDEA how much planning is going into this ;)

Oouthere
29th October 2010, 14:10
I figure it is like everyone waiting for the second coming, we are always on the verge but it never happens. Even the abductees (me being included) are being shown much....but the large predictions NEVER occur.

Rich

pheonix
29th October 2010, 14:18
Hi All,

Anyone who says that the world will end in 2012, should just keep in mind, that all it would take is for the first 'nuke' to be fired and the world ( for many, if not all ) could end much sooner !

Bill,

You wrote in your post, " The real story is far, far darker. "

Would you care to elaborate on this, will you give us all the heads up on what you mean by this ?

Is there something that you know ( that you haven't told anyone ) that makes you feel that you can say this for certain ?

I for one would be very interested in hearing what you know ( as many others are i'm sure ).

Any ' new ' information that you can share would be very welcome !

Thanks.

Peace to you all !

Operator
29th October 2010, 14:19
The real story is far, far darker. There is hope - but only if we wise up and separate out the reality from the fiction.

The technology they have to mess with our minds and beliefs is more effective than we ever would want to believe.

Hi Bill,

I think you are absolutely right and that's why I threw all my 'built up' beliefs overboard a couple of weeks ago. I started anew and wanted to see if I ended up with the same things again.

Well first of all, that didn't happen. But secondly I've stumbled upon some remarkable info dealing with China and Shanghai in particular.
I am still in search of more details and need to digest it to avoid spreading the wrong information ...

I was going over some old material again (which is refreshing knowing more context now a couple of years later) and was, amongst others, listening
to the interview with Valery Uvarov to search for the Tunguska part and his statements about China.

I think that the interview with Valery contains valuable information. He's talking about an event or period where individual health is very important.
And that seems to be a very common theme, e.g. several indigenous people are mentioning it too.

That and the fact that governments/power structures are preparing is still an indicator that something serious will happen.

I know for a fact now that all UFO, ET news and official statements in China are a state driven agenda ... it's a distraction indeed.

Zook
29th October 2010, 15:36
Hi Morguana,

For the unsqueamish; those of modest or mirthly squeam; and triskadecaphiles ... Freddy the Thirteenth happens twice in 2013. In the Seventh Ember ... and again in the Tenth Ember (nine days prior to the first anniversary of the end of the world!). Book your tickets now!

http://www.calendardate.com/2013.php

To much distraction it's like the net version of naffy English soap operas, x factor and such like, deigned to keep folk from living and asleep.
M

Well ... Doomsmonth/Doomsday/Doomsyear [12.21.2012] - better known by its pet name, Doomsy - is oracled by the mystic Mayan mathematicians. And we're constantly reminded of that fact. Mystics. Mayans. Mathematicians. The dreaded alignment of the Ms!

For sure, it will be the end of the world! ... at least, for some 150K of us. Many will die of old age on Doomsy's birthday. And the day after, many will die of New Age and begin to live again (as rational human units are meant to live).

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/About_HFC/Death_Rate/death_rate.html

:typing:

Er ... ground control to Minor Sharp C... queue me Number 14 please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=796jkaAHmx4

Ahkenaten
29th October 2010, 16:05
People in many ages, especially around millennium shifts, believed they were living in 'end times'............catastrophism also has been a common thread throughout recorded human history. Let's face it, if people plugged into the mainstream babble box can be caught up in the endless fake news cycle of prurient sex crimes, staged terror attacks, and the absurd antics of bollywood continually being fed to us- a very helpful tar baby to snag those who do not care for the MSM is the so-called alternative news with its continually rehashed narratives (nothing much new is ever actually revealed) of imminent invasions of star ships, odd celestial goings-on, alien abductions, distorted interpretations of the Mayan calendar and other relics of ancient cultures and a plethora of theories to account for the motives and actions of the less than 1%. "My, what big eyes ETs have!!" "Now that I have your undivided attention, all the better to eat you with" the Big Bad Wolf said. Insiders may very well laugh their butts off at those ignorant ones caught in the thrall of the carefully contrived narratives of alternative news that so often resemble Bollywood scripts, but they are no doubt very, very satisfied with the numbers of people overall caught in the thrall of their brand of Hegelian dialectics - in the MSM and now, in the alternative news as well. The game is to keep the sheeple, who after all are merely degraded slaves, spinning in one fiction or another, why - even add a few bits of truth to the mix to confound them - the whole point is to keep human beings in thrall, distract them from focusing on the identities, motives, activities and plans of the less than 1% AND ESPECIALLY THE TRUTHS ABOUT WHO AND WHAT HUMAN BEINGS ACTUALLY ARE: energetic beings of light for whom nothing is impossible IF THEY WAKE UP - most humans have been pinned down like butterflies to a collector's board by................well, we know who they are. When will human beings wake up?

Fredkc
29th October 2010, 16:05
Well, there is this big crater in Arizona...

Operator;
what kind of info on china are you looking for?
Is This (http://fredsitelive.com/books/UnrestrictedWar.htm) of any use?

I have a great respect for the Chinese people, and a huge problem with the mainland government. Then again I am similarly struck by my own country, as it stands.

Meanwhile, back on topic:
http://fredsitelive.com/images/post/MayanCalendar.jpg

Everyone is constantly trying to nail down a return, a departure, oblivion and other momentous things into a convenient date, they can fit into their Day-Planner. If my 58.99 years on this rock has taught me anything it is that,
"Things like this just don't work that way."

Things of a societal, religious, prophetic nature don't operate by a clock; they happen more as a result of a "To-Do List". The timing, and even the order is irrelevant, but when the list is completed, nothing will stop it. And just to add more confusion to this, "multi-plex that". I mean, several things on one list, may also be on another. So just when you think "IT" is about to pop, something else happens instead.

In short, time, being an invention, is tricky stuff. Or, Heinlein put it best in "Stranger In A Strange Land",
"When waiting is filled."

One of the other things which has brought this home for me;
I have had "seeings", prophetic visions, whatever-the-hell-they-ares going back to 1973. Scenes both pre- and post-apocalyptic. Things I am to see, things I am to do. While the conditions under which they happen have not yet happened, the world still appears to be on the path towards them.

37 years later, and nothing has happened. False dreams, perhaps? Well, when I look around I still see a world where much of it could come true in moment's time, yet waiting is not filled. Certain elements remain in the fog.

I'll admit that I have considered that all of it might be indigestion. But no, new events convince me otherwise. For the most part I do not share them. Declaring a thing, gives rise to it's appearance. I've seen that happen enough to know that's true.

The main event which convinced me otherwise began about a year ago. It was both compelling and full of awe. Though I have never shared most of this with my daughter, when she reached about the same age as I was when this began, she began to see these same coming events.

Details I never shared with anyone, appear in what she sees as well. Pictures, numbers, events.

Did I talk in my sleep? No. Did I entertain her with tales, then forgot I did? No, I don't do that, either. Curiously, like so many others who experience such things, she has asked the futile question, "Why me?". Curiouser yet, she has run across one answer which surprised us both; "Ask your father."

I can't begin to tell you how exhilarating, and uncomfortable, and even frightening that is. But it does re-enforce something I've learned; Time is irrelevant. things happen when all the supporting events are in place, not by the ticking of anyone's clock, or calendar.

What's the best thing you could do on 12-21-2012? Figure out what to get Richard the next day.

Here ends Fred's Friday morning ramblings.
Fred

29th October 2010, 16:17
I was going over some old material again (which is refreshing knowing more context now a couple of years later) and was, amongst others, listening
to the interview with Valery Uvarov to search for the Tunguska part and his statements about China.

I think that the interview with Valery contains valuable information. He's talking about an event or period where individual health is very important.
And that seems to be a very common theme, e.g. several indigenous people are mentioning it too.

the Uvarov material is, in my opinion, some of the best work and most valuable info ever presented by Camelot. Well worth revisiting.

Celine
29th October 2010, 17:05
Well, there is this big crater in Arizona...

There's a big crater here too... You foiled the surprise !!

Fredkc
29th October 2010, 17:13
There's a big crater here too... You foiled the surprise !!

You Canucks... just gotta copy us, dontcha?
http://fredsitelive.com/fun/rofl.gif

Fred

Operator
29th October 2010, 17:39
Operator;
what kind of info on china are you looking for?
Is This (http://fredsitelive.com/books/UnrestrictedWar.htm) of any use?

Fred I looked at you link ... It's interesting I will read more later ...

That's not what I meant however. Since we can't get almost no first hand info out of China and are stuck with the MSM state propaganda
I decided a couple of weeks ago that it might be an idea to have some of it checked by a friend who is better connected to people over there.

His findings are amazing to say the least ... I only got a hasty fuzzy summary however ... I need to get a more detailed, balanced and extensive
conversation with this guy. Problem is he's very busy almost 24/7. Hopefully I can meet again soon (maybe this weekend).

Back to your link/ebook ... maybe the content is related. I will take it into the context when I am going to ask a ton of questions to this guy.

One of the first phrases got my attention already:

... which proposes tactics for developing countries, in particular China, to compensate for their military inferiority vis-à-vis the United States during a high-tech war

This was apparently written in 1999 ... it may not be true any longer (maybe never has been) ... place it in context of what Valery Uvarov divulged about Tunguska and we
might get a whole different picture ... The Chinese are said to have invented gun powder first ... a long time ago.

You don't see or hear much from them (is there any Avalonian in China ? Check the map) but they are here !
Do you know what their believes are / world view is ?

viking
29th October 2010, 19:30
Just to clarify I don't think that the Majans ever said that it will be the end of the world in 2012... The recent rubbish that has seeped through in some disaster movies is hocus pocus...In fact I mentioned this a while back on AV1 with the '2012 Ascension or Calamity' thread ... I am sure Steven can comment as I believe he's an expert in this department...

A New Cycle.

Cusp Of Great Cycle

We are living today in the cusp of the Mayan end times, the end of a galactic day or time period spanning thousands of years. One galactic day of 25,625 years is divided into five cycles of 5,125 years.

The Great Cycle of the Mayan Long Count calendar ends on the winter solstice of 2012 A.D. Following Mayan concepts of cyclic time and World Age transitions, this is as much about beginnings as endings. In fact, it was considered by the ancient Mayans to signify the creation of a new World Age. We are almost at the end of the fifth and final 5,125 year cycle!

Why is everyone talking about the year 2012?

The Solstice on December 21, 2012—precisely at 11:11 AM Universal Time—marks the completion of the 5,125 year Great Cycle of the Ancient Maya Long Count Calendar.

Rather than being a linear end-point, this cycle that is closing is naturally followed by the start of a new cycle. What this new cycle has in store for humanity is a mystery that has yet to unfold...

http://www.adishakti.org/mayan_end_times_prophecy_12-21-2012.htm

viking

Bill Ryan
29th October 2010, 19:59
The Solstice on December 21, 2012 --

precisely at 11:11 AM Universal Time

If you can, please find me a source reference for that. (And I don't mean quoting from some blog.)

The Mayans did not have clocks...!

The problem with the internet is that one can find hundreds (or thousands!) of apparently separate references for something. Yet if one REALLY digs down, you find - sometimes - that they all came from the same single incorrect source.

Check out the 'Gulf of Aden Stargate', for instance - actually a dust storm. (http://www.eosnap.com/tag/oman/page/2/)

Multiple search returns on different websites do NOT mean that something is accurate. It might simply mean that hundreds of bloggers have just blindly copied each others' posts. This happens many times more often than we might like to think.

So, my question (to anyone)... where does the 11:11 am reference originally come from?

viking
29th October 2010, 20:04
If you can, please find me a source reference for that. (And I don't mean quoting from some blog.)

The problem with the internet is that one can find hundreds (or thousands!) of apparently separate references for something. Yet if one REALLY digs down, you find - sometimes - that they all came from the same single incorrect source.

Check out the 'Gulf of Aden Stargate', for instance - actually a dust storm. (http://www.eosnap.com/tag/oman/page/2/)

Multiple search returns on different websites do NOT mean that something is accurate. It might simply mean that hundreds of bloggers have just blindly copied each others' posts. This happens many times more often than we might like to think.

So, my question (to anyone)... where does the 11:11 am reference originally come from?

Hi Bill

Yes I am aware of all that.

But they have never said its the end of the world!

viking

elysian
29th October 2010, 20:04
I can not remember where I heard this but I believe the "11:11 am Universal time" is the calculated time for when all the planets align with the center of the galaxy..

Bill Ryan
29th October 2010, 20:12
I can not remember where I heard this but I believe the "11:11 am Universal time" is the calculated time for when all the planets align with the center of the galaxy..

Dear Friend, I do totally believe that you heard this somewhere. But here's the real danger with viral internet rumor:

I can not remember where I heard this

Do note also that the whole idea of planets being "in alignment with the center of the galaxy" at 11.11 am but not in alignment at 11:10 or 11:12 is not all that logical....!

onawah
29th October 2010, 20:25
So how does the work of Dr. Paul LaViiolette fit into this? He was interviewed on Camelot, and certainly has the scientific credentials to back up his theories. I believe that March 2013 was the date he said to be prepared for. Mayan elder Don Alejandro also said this. He has no scientific credentials, of course, but might know something about the Mayan calendar.
Just asking...

Rocky_Shorz
29th October 2010, 20:27

you can send half to my party...

we'll be in Swimsuits... ;-)

shiva777
29th October 2010, 20:28
what I'm curious about is where are all these people who think 2012 will be the "end of the world" that people keep talking about...I would say that there are much more people under the new-agey delusion that 2012 will be a time of spontaneous DNA activation than there are people who think we are all doomed in 2012...

Rocky_Shorz
29th October 2010, 20:45
other than the start date of the Mayan Calendar, the rest I agree with...

The Mayan Calendar
So what is the Mayan Calendar? The calendar was constructed by an advanced civilization called the Mayans around 250-900 AD.

The Long Count calendar identifies a date by counting the number of days from the Mayan creation date 4 Ahaw, 8 Kumk'u (August 11, 3114 BC in the proleptic Gregorian calendar or September 6 in the Julian calendar). But instead of using a base-10 (decimal) scheme like Western numbering, the Long Count days were tallied in a modified base-20 scheme. Thus 0.0.0.1.5 is equal to 25, and 0.0.0.2.0 is equal to 40. As the winal unit resets after only counting to 18, the Long Count consistently uses base-20 only if the tun is considered the primary unit of measurement, not the k'in; with the k'in and winal units being the number of days in the tun. The Long Count 0.0.1.0.0 represents 360 days, rather than the 400 in a purely base-20 (vigesimal) count.
Table of Long Count units Days Long Count period Long Count period Approx solar years
1 = 1 K'in
20 = 20 K'in = 1 Winal 0.0548
360 = 18 Winal = 1 Tun 0.985
7,200 = 20 Tun = 1 K'atun 19.7
144,000 = 20 K'atun = 1 B'ak'tun 394.3

There are also four rarely used higher-order cycles: piktun, kalabtun, k'inchiltun, and alautun.

Since the Long Count dates are unambiguous, the Long Count was particularly well suited to use on monuments. The monumental inscriptions would not only include the 5 digits of the Long Count, but would also include the two tzolk'in characters followed by the two haab' characters.

Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a New Age belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the first day of the 14th b'ak'tun.

Sandra Noble, executive director of the Mesoamerican research organization FAMSI, notes that "for the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle". She considers the portrayal of December 2012 as a doomsday or cosmic-shift event to be "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."[14] The 2009 science fiction apocalyptic disaster film 2012 is based on this belief.

Wiki link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar)

Operator
29th October 2010, 21:41

Without saying that this is true I remember Clif High explaining that it was pope Gregorius who had mathematicians manipulate the calendar such that the
alignment would happen on given date and time.

As usual Clif does not answer why questions so it will remain a mystery I guess ...

Solphilos
29th October 2010, 22:05

The US Naval Observatory was the first place I saw mention of the Winter Solstice occurring on Dec. 21 at 11:11 a.m.
I tried finding a link, but the website has since changed. Here's a link, in the meantime I'll do some digging and see if I can find it.

http://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astronomical-applications

MzVaFf
29th October 2010, 22:12
That's a great read. I never buy into what they "meaning THEY" make such a big deal about:)
World going to end.. That topic for sure was on the bottom of my "To Worry list" lol
I knew someone that made a KILLING on 9/11 T-Shirts.

Ross
30th October 2010, 00:24
Bogus info lapped up by gullible people has been the 'way' for far to long.

22nd Dec 2012, if not sitting with Rich n Celine rejoicing his milestone 50th,(mine will be just around the corner) Il be surfing, riding my Harley, playing my six string, filling my gob with tasty treats and continuing to ponder the magnificants of all we are apart of...whilst keeping an eye out for the next pile of crap to flood the internet...:p

The One....Very good thread thank you and to all who have contributed...:grouphug:

Regards

Ross

Ross
30th October 2010, 00:42

The couch is mine!

Bluewool
2nd November 2010, 10:16
But why should Bill believe his insider anymore than someone claiming to channel the galactic federation of light? Even if he is a good man as Bill says whats to say he isn't being played like a puppet too?

Bill Ryan
2nd November 2010, 11:18
But why should Bill believe his insider anymore than someone claiming to channel the galactic federation of light? Even if he is a good man as Bill says whats to say he isn't being played like a puppet too?

Hi there - and this is not such a dumb question as some might at first think.

First, as Richard Hoagland says, "the lie is different at every level". So that always has to be borne in mind. There is disinformation and compartmentalization on the 'inside', too.

But there also is disinformation and compartmentalization within the spiritual or 'astral' (non-physical, discarnate) universe. You better believe that! :)

Someone receiving channeled communication and unquestioningly believing what they are 'told' is tantamount to getting an anonymous e-mail which contains nothing but encouraging information - and then believing that too with no fact-checking whatsoever.

I suggest that this is how humans work:

We're all disposed to seeking reassuring answers from a higher authority. Humans have been conditioned to do that ever since we were tiny children. We look to parents, teachers, or authority figures for (a) answers, and (b) reassurance. We're kind of hard-wired to do that.

Some people turn to CNN. Some people turn to Obama. Some people turn to The New Testament. Some people choose turn to SaLuSa and Hatonn or the Ashtar Command.

All those judgments may be flawed.

One has to think scientifically and form hypotheses: and then test those hypotheses against data that seems to be reliable, from many different sources. The entire cross-referencing system is a dynamic process and should always be subject to re-adjustment.

Part of the data to be cross-referenced is that there's good evidence that there's advanced satellite-based mind-control technology which can inject thoughts, feelings, voices, emotions and even visions into the minds of individuals. You can bet that this technology is not perfect - but you can also bet that they try to use it.

A good reference to this is the interviews of Dr John Hall: do listen to this, and then re-evaluate the provenance of at least some channeled material:

http://projectavalon.net/C2C_John_Hall_8_Feb_2010.zip

Some others who talk about the same technology are Bill Deagle, Fred Bell, Rayelan Allan, and Steven Greer. One may have opinions about the research or background of all of these, but they may not all be 100% wrong.

There is also a high level of deception and trickery in the spiritual/nonphysical realm. To disbelieve or disregard this is (in my view) naive.

One also has to analyze vectors of information and disinformation. Cui bono? etc. (Who does it benefit?)

Aldous Huxley in his classic Brave New World (http://huxley.net) described the citizens as being emotionally addicted to Soma - a drug which made them all feel good and which insulated them against the realities of their condition.

Almost all channeled material has the same function.

Any student of history, geopolitics, sociology or 'conspiracy' will attest that the world is (at least partially) dark, and that there are immense undercurrents of deception and hidden dark intention everywhere you look down here in the physical world.

It's the same in the non-physical universe: as below, so above. Ask any Shaman or spiritual leader or esoteric teacher of any provenance in any culture in any time in history.

Now: contrast that with my own reported 'insider' experience - and the problem, of course, is that it's mine and not yours, so I can only describe it and ask you to believe me - of talking with someone in depth for many hours.

These are not just thoughts and images in one's head, but a real human voice - who lays out the entire story in a way that is believable, human, complex, and which cross-checks with some of the information I already know - while other aspects are new and surprising. I cross-reference all this with other sources, and consult the intuition of others. It all aligns.

Meanwhile, I am listening to and absorbing and noting every nuance of this man's language, emotion, tone, syntax - you name it. I'm being as focused and as intelligent as I can be.

The result is that epistemologically, as they say, I have confidence. (Epistemology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistemology) is the study of the provenance [background or source] of knowledge or information.)

So it's all a rolling road. You and I and others reading this have to discard (or suspend) all belief systems and rigid ways of thinking and REALLY be intelligent: which means analyzing new data, figuring how it fits (or not), cross-checking with other information, forming and testing hypotheses, ruling nothing out immediately, and then taking the next step forwards to continue compiling the database.

This is not as cold a process as it may look from the description: it's merely an inadequate account of an inner process which is the process of good research.

All best wishes, Bill

lightblue
2nd November 2010, 11:53
bill:
Now: contrast that with my own reported 'insider' experience - and the problem, of course, is that it's mine and not yours, so I can only describe it and ask you to believe me - of talking with someone in depth for many hours.

These are not just thoughts and images in one's head, but a real human voice - who lays out the entire story in a way that is believable, human, complex, and which cross-checks with some of the information I already know - while other aspects are new and surprising. I cross-reference all this with other sources, and consult the intuition of others. It all aligns.

thanks bill...is there a point at which it'll be possible to hear about it and see how that checks with what we individually may know from various other sources..

i totally believe in what you said:
Part of the data to be cross-referenced is that there's good evidence that there's advanced satellite-based mind-control technology which can inject thoughts, feelings, voices, emotions and even visions into the minds of individuals. You can bet that this technology is not perfect - but you can also bet that they try to use it.

A good reference to this is the interviews of Dr John Hall: do listen to this, and then re-evaluate the provenance of at least some channeled material:

http://projectavalon.net/C2C_John_Hall_8_Feb_2010.zip

Some others who talk about the same technology are Bill Deagle, Fred Bell, Rayelan Allan, and Steven Greer. One may have opinions about the research or background of all of these, but they may not all be 100% wrong.

There is also a high level of deception and trickery in the spiritual/nonphysical realm. To disbelieve or disregard this is (in my view) naive.

i listened to john hall and others who spoke on the subject, that particular one...it concerned me personally because of what i experienced at the time..when i did, although designed to make one feel special, i experienced it as violence, i completely was sure it can't have come from my own subconscious, higher self etc, - many ways to call integrious personal insights... this one i expereinced as violence, interference and i haven't changed the way i feel about that piece of stunt as i think it must have been..it would be very helpful to hear more about the very advanced technologies that may misinform, mislead and harm.. bestest wishes :yu: l

Steven
2nd November 2010, 12:52
Thanks for the thread The One :)

When I have a conversation about 2012 and people begins to mention pole shift and end of the world scenario, I always refere them back to the root of 2012, which are the mayan calendars, nothing else.

I refere them to Carl Calleman, because in all that I have read on the topic, it's by far the one who is the more accurate, serious and respectful about the calendar and the mayan culture. I refere them especifically on the pyramid of evolution of consciousness, the nine steps of evolution. Which is observable in our society, in the people.

The mayan says the people will change, and the fact that the people will change will create at its turn, changes in the society. This will know a climax around the year 2011-2012. The result of this change is known to no one, that's the beauty of Creation ;)

Namaste, Steven

Bluewool
2nd November 2010, 13:42
What would be interesting Bill is to tell us what your source knows about the ET's.Assuming that he believes they are out there,what are they up to? This is the crux of the whole enigma! This may also reveal his agenda if he is hiding one! I believe that we have many ancestors from the stars and that they are looking out for us.I also believe some of those involved in our past were not friendly!

THIRDEYE
2nd November 2010, 16:32
bill i wanted too say thankyou for your views and putting 20212 in perspective,in my own opinion it is just another planetary alignment that happen in cycles so i hope this cycle coming up is a positive one of alightenment and accension!!!i ciold honestly say if there is doom this shall be,in my life if i were to die tommorrow i would feel very comfortable with my life achiements good and bad,again ty for your words of wisdom bill lol!!!!!!

The One
2nd November 2010, 16:40
Your welcome

Kulapops
2nd November 2010, 18:21
I think the whole point of the word Doomsday is that it has no date attached to it.

The end of the world, as it were is always over the next hill.

When will we understand that chasing doomsday is akin to chasing a rainbow?

One day the world will be over for you (or me, 'course). But it will not be over for everybody.

And even if it were over for everybody, someone will benefit.

So the word DOOMSDAY is an evocative, emotion filled concept, and it's very sound will trigger all kinds of images in our subconscious.

But there is no date of this event. Nor will there ever be. The dino's didn't have a calendar, and who even knows if there's ever been a single cataclysmic event ?

Doomsday will always be over the the next hill, the counterpoint to looking in your rearview mirror to see death following you on a motorcycle... it is always going to be there.

The solution (in my world) is to learn to live with it. Like a champion weightlifter, with a fly buzzing about his nose. Can you keep your eye on the targets? Can you be the fullest human being you ever can be? in spite of your/our impending death and challenges?

morguana
2nd November 2010, 18:51
bottlenecks and ice ages......something that can happen, has happened but has not killed human off yet :)

The Toba supereruption (Youngest Toba Tuff or simply YTT[1]) occurred between 69,000 and 77,000 years ago at Lake Toba (Sumatra, Indonesia), and it is recognized as one of the earth's largest known eruptions. The related catastrophe theory holds that this supervolcanic event plunged the planet into a 6-to-10-year volcanic winter, which resulted in the world's human population being reduced to 10,000 or even a mere 1,000 breeding pairs, creating a bottleneck in human evolution. Some researchers argue that the Toba eruption produced not only a catastrophic volcanic winter but also an additional 1,000-year cooling episode.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory

http://ice2.uab.cat/argo/Argo_actualitzacio/argo_butlleti/ccee/geologia/arxius/2Ambrosereplyarticle.pdf

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/94/TMRCAs-compared.PNG/300px-TMRCAs-compared.PNG

Evidence for a population bottleneck

Confidence intervals of population size do not require an alternative, population bottleneck, hypothesis. However, a bottleneck may have existed. If the population size were at 12,000 individuals as suggested by X-chromosomal studies, the Ne for mtDNA and Y in particular, is below the expected median TMRCAs (See image Above and on the left). Y chromosome and mtDNA may be more representative of population structure immediately prior to expansion. However, meshing mtDNA TMRCA and Y TMRCA is problematic. If these two loci could be treated together, they would likely fall significantly below the X-linked and autosome-derived size estimates for any given TCHLCA.
Most probable number of effective females based on TMRCA, showing the best estimate, and how Takahata's and Shaffners estimates compare (after conversion of Ne to Ne females)

Atkinson, Gray & Drummond (2009) show that prior to 150,000 years ago the population could have been as low as 1000 effective females (~1500 total, 4500 census) and as high as 11,000 effective females with a lower population size between 150,000 to 200,000 years ago. Whereas X-chromosome and autosomes warrant larger population size minima, 1000s of females, these loci of larger ploidy are capable of sensing population structure of much longer periods. Such periods may include recent and ancient population structures and size oscillations. Most population structure models for Africa have assumed much of the growth occurred very recently, however Atkinson et al. (2009) shows that by 100,000 years ago the minimum female population size exceed the estimated population size for females. The flat population/recent growth model is troubled in considering an ancient population core in Tanzania (Gonder. et al. (2007) early East African/Khoisan split (Behar et al. 2008), and spread of L2 in parts of Africa where L0 and L1 are found in low abundance. Simply, the evidence of lineage growth appears to correlate with growth in geographic regions in which humans live. Retrospectively, this suggests that population size was growing as new lineages appears to expand territory. Comparing these observations with populations sizes suggested by X-chromosome (~7000 females) one might expect a low stand of the human population size of 1/3 to 1/2 this size between 150,000 to 250,000 years ago. This indicates that earlier periods had a reciprocal, or larger size (>7000 females) between 200,000 and 500,000 years ago.

Other authors such as Endicott et al. (2009) think that bottlenecks in the human prehistory were such a common feature that they interfere with TMRCA determinations and imply the possible effect of the OIS-6 on population size reduction with a TMRCA around the time of late pliestocene climate optimum, approximately 120,000 years ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleistocene_human_population_bottleneck_in_Africa

http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/17/1/2.full

also ice ages seem to be the norm, our currant global climate could be seen as an exception

Although the positioning of the continents around the globe essentially causes our current ice epoch (a longer period than an ice age), this does not necessarily explain the subsequent pattern of long ice ages interspersed with much briefer periods of much warmer weather patterns around the globe.

Ice ages should be seen on Earth as the norm rather than the exception. That is to say that with the present continental arrangements balanced against the heat source from the sun, it is to be expected that ice ages will occur. Huge glacial fields will stretch across most of northern Europe, including the whole of the British Isles, with temperatures in the region on average some 10C (18F) lower than now.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/understanding/iceage_02.shtml

should we worry about doomsday events? why bother? its like walking a long a road and worrying about being killed by a bus.....if and when the next bottleneck event happens there is nothing one can do, sure keep fit, learn to live off the land and the old ways eg bushcraft.....at least if nothing happens one has learned skills and is leading a healthy life style. i am not worried about the future, i like to make the most of the now......carpe diem

One day the world will be over for you (or me, 'course). But it will not be over for everybody.
kula, agree, death (of our physical bodies) is the most certain of events in our lives, we are born....live....die....simple :)
love
m

Teakai
3rd November 2010, 00:02
Warning: some may find this post scary -so, if you don't want to feel scared don't read it.

I don't want to bum anybody out - but I'm probably going to.

2012 isn't just in the Mayan calender, but in Egyptian heiroglyphs and ancient writings which refer to when the sun rose on the opposite side of the horizon.
There are also mountains with sea sand at their peaks and sunken cities across the globe.
And there's the Prophecy Rock.

Failing all that - there's HAARP - and there's a depopulation program 'tptb' are eager to carry out.

Frankly, I don't know if 2012 is going to happen or not and I don't have a death wish - but if people fear death and still see themselves fundamentally as physical beings - they're still stuck in a lower vibrational frequency and where's any kind of acsension in that?

There is nothing to fear, but fear itself.

Snowbird
3rd November 2010, 03:16
Bill Ryan

But there also is disinformation and compartmentalization within the spiritual or 'astral' (non-physical, discarnate) universe. You better believe that!

These words could not be more accurate. However, I believe that it is important to read and listen to the disinformation as much as the factual. How else will we learn to know and understand and recognize the difference?

We're all disposed to seeking reassuring answers from a higher authority. Humans have been conditioned to do that ever since we were tiny children. We look to parents, teachers, or authority figures for (a) answers, and (b) reassurance. We're kind of hard-wired to do that.

Some people turn to CNN. Some people turn to Obama. Some people turn to The New Testament. Some people choose turn to SaLuSa and Hatonn or the Ashtar Command.

All those judgments may be flawed.

Possibly, but not all children have been conditioned. Some children, even from my generation, were able to see-through the fog of control, but knew that life would proceed much more smoothly if we simply obeyed versus being grounded by parental authority. Some children can see-through this control to the other side and in essence, more or less steer the life-situation through calmer waters. This child learned that many years ago and continues to practice this into adulthood.

But it is true that some people learned as children to look up-to and listen-to and obey. And because of this, I would encourage these people to expand their viewpoints and their knowledge base and their perceptions of who they take advice from and what advice is best for themselves as individuals.

One has to think scientifically and form hypotheses:

Yes, but this also depends upon what type of information that is needed. One cannot always research the scientific-only. There also has to be a strong element of the spiritually intuitive to balance. There is this mind-bending/altering technology out there. I've studied this to an extent that I have no doubt that it is used and abused most probably more widely than we realize. However, and that is a very big word, not everyone is made victim nor is everyone susceptible to this technology. Those who remain on a spiritual path of continued growth are far less susceptible. They have a degree of protection and that has nothing whatever to do with religion.

You Bill, have had a great deal of experience with people and while in the presence of people. I believe you when you claim that you research and carefully analyze what is said and how it is said. And, even though some posters on this forum bring information in to discuss and share that runs contrary to your analytical mind, it is simply part of their path as is accepting the information that you and others unselfishly provide. We are listening but we are not all on the same page at the same time for the same reason. Some of us fully understand the severity of what is happening in our world. We read, we listen to and we comprehend that life is shortly to drastically be altered. We are learning and attempting to take in that which is universally beyond anything that we are accustom to. People are coping and trying very hard to accept the unacceptable.

I personally thank you Bill Ryan for your service to our world and our global neighbors. Your choice of career path is unique and filled with intrigue. And collectively, we gather around you to protect you and keep you safe.

:yes4:

derek
2nd December 2010, 23:28
I for one cannot wait until 1 January, 2013: because that's when we'll all be able to get focused on what's REALLY happening. (And it will all probably be fairly obvious by then.)

I mean that. Since August I've been in many hours of conversations with a very good man on the 'inside' who has made it absolutely crystal clear that these are all devices which we're collectively dumb enough to fall for. We're all jerked around like puppets - all the time.

They play games, which are never-ending. I was told, clearly and strongly: "They're f***ing with you, Bill." (Referring to the way that merry rings are run around the New Age movement, and have been for a long while.)

Bill can you please elaborate on this?

Many Many very credible whistle blowers and researchers have said that 2012 is a big year. Some that I can think of off the top of my head are:

Mr x
Burisch
Zagami
Svali
David Wilcock
Terrence meckenna
Francioss Masson (time cycle researcher, accurately predicted the fall of the soviet union)
Sergey Smelyakov (google auric time scale)
The Mayan calender (that article came out of nowhere from the mainstream news, there are many very serious Mayan calender researchers who would disagree)
The pyramid time line

And so much more

There is also very ample scientific evidence and ancient prophecy to support the fact that we are heading into a very positive evolution. The tipping point of which seems to be around 2012. I personally think that this evolution will be more gradual, but I do think that 2012 will be an incredibly important year.

Where do we draw the line between the good evidence and the disinformation?

SPIRIT WOLF
2nd December 2010, 23:37
Anyone whom has stated or will continue to state that December 2012 is going to bring major global problems will have to hide awhile come January 1st 2013. No such earth shattering events will occur, no major catastrophies causing global hell. Its all been scaremongering and many should be ashamed of themselves (the big names whom stepped up with this nonsense)

Teakai
2nd December 2010, 23:52
Anyone whom has stated or will continue to state that December 2012 is going to bring major global problems will have to hide awhile come January 1st 2013. No such earth shattering events will occur, no major catastrophies causing global hell. Its all been scaremongering and many should be ashamed of themselves (the big names whom stepped up with this nonsense)

:lol: and the naysayers won't have to worry because whose going to care about saying 'told you so' the next day.
:)

Do you mind my asking Spirit Wolf if you are of the American Indian people?

SPIRIT WOLF
2nd December 2010, 23:57
My origins are, in earthly terms Celtic as far as I'm able to know, my other origins are not so easy to understand or accept. I do have a deep affinity with the native Americans is all I can say here.

Teakai
3rd December 2010, 00:11
My origins are, in earthly terms Celtic as far as I'm able to know, my other origins are not so easy to understand or accept. I do have a deep affinity with the native Americans is all I can say here.

Thankyou for your answer, Spirit Wolf. But now I have another question. From what I've been reading it seems that many of the Native American people also think major earth changes are coming at this time.
What information do you have - or why do you feel that there is nothing to it - and why do you think the Native Americans think there is?

tpmputterman
3rd December 2010, 02:58
I know most here do not know me, even though I feel like I know you. I have read 100's of hours of posts and watched every interview from day one when Project Camelot started its website. I just don't post much. Having that said:

We all know the world governments, systems, information, disinformation, all of it is corrupt or somewhat corrupt.
Not all the spiritual beliefs out there are good ones, ect..

So what is really going on? Is it just all ****!!! I believe we are headed for a better world and I only believe this because I fill it in my core being.
I believe it was the hidden hand material that he said "are you sure you are where you think you are" For some reason that has always stuck with me, I have pondered what the meaning of that was. Whether that info was correct or not, non the less it stuck with me.

Bill mentioned that this whole scenerio is far darker ect... I am sure that's 100% true, but that's not new information we all just have snippets of information from 1000's of sources and so on. It's an infinity of information snippets that we have too make are own judgements on. I don't have the answer other than I'm tired and ready for a new day.

Luke
3rd December 2010, 08:01
There is information.
And there is free will in using such information.

For me the change occurred when I really understood that "reality" mirrors things in "ethereal" not the other way around.
That is: in order for things to manifest here, they must be initiated in non material realms, from where they are transcription "down here".
Sounds bit crazy, but it works ... sympathetic "magic" is all about that.

Now of course there are rules, ie. deeply seated constructs made by other beings.. and "works" have logic on their own .. but on general level, changes come from level "above".

Top level of PTB's , (13 "wise" men?)know this and use that all the time .. the "power" to make people believe in what is profitable for them is their most guarded secret.. as the moment they are exposed, all their power is whoosh, gone. This is true ring of power they build this material kingdom upon.

And those "thinking" only in material are always just following balls thrown elsewhere, as terms of their thinking are always symptoms, not causes.

Or so is my nutty explanation :party:

popoi2
3rd December 2010, 09:40

Yes,the chinese government are doing something to soft many problem too. But I always want to know how can we do to makeing the new world now.Just wait for it?

Bill Ryan
3rd December 2010, 11:24

Bill can you please elaborate on this?

Many Many very credible whistle blowers and researchers have said that 2012 is a big year. Some that I can think of off the top of my head are:

Mr x
Burisch
Zagami
Svali
David Wilcock
Terrence meckenna
Francioss Masson (time cycle researcher, accurately predicted the fall of the soviet union)
Sergey Smelyakov (google auric time scale)
The Mayan calender (that article came out of nowhere from the mainstream news, there are many very serious Mayan calender researchers who would disagree)
The pyramid time line

And so much more

There is also very ample scientific evidence and ancient prophecy to support the fact that we are heading into a very positive evolution. The tipping point of which seems to be around 2012. I personally think that this evolution will be more gradual, but I do think that 2012 will be an incredibly important year.

Where do we draw the line between the good evidence and the disinformation?

Your last sentence is the core of it. Excellent question. All I can really do is state what I am personally convinced of right now. In sequence:

Mr XTotally credible and reported accurately what he read and saw. He was my friend. What he did say was that according to classified documents dating to before the mid-80s, it was understood by the military that there would be landings before 2012.

Dan BurischKerry and I both believe that he believed what he was telling us. We had got to know him really very well and also talked with him extensively off-record several times. We considered him quite a close friend and were shocked at what happened last year when Kerry, David Wilcock and I started to become smeared by invented stories posted by Marci McDowell and the admins on the Eagles Disobey site.

Kerry and I are confident that there will not be a pole shift or any other catastrophe. (Note that Dan Burisch also said that this would be unlikely to occur, although it did - or 'will' - occur on an alternative timeline). What happened to Dan last summer 2009 is a different conversation, connected with vaccinations and the swine flu scenario.

ZagamiNo longer credible. He certainly never said there would be a catastrophe, and dismissed all such talk. He did say (as I remember) that 2012 would be the start of a period of 'tribulation' (hard times).

SvaliI'm not aware that Svali wrote anything about 2012. I'd be happy to see a reference.

David Wilcock My understanding of David's current view is that 2012 is likely to be a positive tipping point. As far as I'm aware (I may be wrong - please let me know if so) he doesn't ascribe any special significance to specific calendar dates.

Terence McKennaI do think that McKenna has quite a lot to answer for regarding the current 2012 hysteria.

Francois Masson (time cycle researcher, accurately predicted the fall of the soviet union)I'm not familiar with Francois Masson - apologies.

Sergey Smelyakov (google auric time scale) I'm not familiar with Smelyakov either.

The Mayan calendar (that article came out of nowhere from the mainstream news, there are many very serious Mayan calendar researchers who would disagree)It marks the end of an age, and the beginning of a new one. Like a giant-scale New Year. That's all.

Like any New Year, 1 January is likely to be much the same as 31 December.

The pyramid time line In my opinion, this is all about forcing evidence to fit preconceived notions. (I do know that at least a couple of years ago, David Wilcock considered differently.)

If you have a pattern in mind, it's easy to find 'evidence' for it in something like the pyramids, which contain so many different measurements of so many different things that one can find something to suit any purpose.

I do think that 2012 will be an incredibly important year. I do as well: we should know by then whether we're anywhere near being able to change the timeline so that the future of the human race isn't one of enslavement to the agenda of a small group who do not have our interests at heart.

Kulapops
3rd December 2010, 11:45
Here's my predictions...

2012 - we'll be one year older...
2022 - some of us will be ten years older
2122 - most of us won't be here

DawgBone
3rd December 2010, 12:24
2122 - most of us won't be here

Oh, most of us will be here. We'll just be driving a new model ...

popoi2
3rd December 2010, 13:27
Oh, most of us will be here. We'll just be driving a new model ...

=-= Our body or our vehicles,will update in 2012 and it can be used longer that before
.:target::target::target: