PDA

View Full Version : Are You A Narcissist?

Pris
4th October 2014, 09:32
The Differences Between A Sociopath And A Narcissist
by Learus Ohnine

A Narcissist will let you know up front what they’re about. They will tell you grandiose stories of themselves of either their accomplishments (real or fake) or of their associations with important people (real or fake). They generally do not tell these stories for any other gain than to hear praises. They have an unquenchable desire to be admired, worshiped, and adulated with no real gain from those that respond to them in this way other than to feed their own ego. They need to be the center of attention at all times in any social gathering.

A Sociopath will NOT let you know up front what they are about, because they wear a mask to hide their true identity. They will tell you grandiose stories of themselves of either their accomplishments (real or fake, but mostly fake) or of their associations with important people (real or fake, but mostly fake). They generally tell these stories to appear as a “good person” to gain trust and as a cover-up for their ulterior motives. They have the same unquenchable desires as the Narcissist as a result of the power and control they gain over their victims. They do not care to be the center of attention at all times in any social gathering unless doing so promises to earn them more unsuspecting victims.

Full article:

http://learus.wordpress.com/2013/03/27/the-differences-between-a-sociopath-and-a-narcissist/

A Field Guide to the Narcissist
with Mary Hynes

We all know one. Maybe you are one. If you are, you probably don't know it. Mary Hynes brings us tales of survival: working with - and living with - the narcissist.
Narcissus was an amateur. He may have fallen in love with his own reflection, but ours is an age of rampant self absorption: the selfies, the status updates, the self-esteem movement.

Trevor Cole tells us what it's like to grow up with a father who believes Everything Is About Him. Who could forget the summer of 1969? That's when dad declared his was a family of nudists - even when company came over.

Trevor is a writer and novelist. His first novel, Norman Bray, In the Performance of his Life, was inspired by his father's narcissistic personality. The book was a finalist for a Governor General's Award. Below, Trevor's dad, Bill Cole, talks about himself making a living as a stage actor.

See how you rank on the narcissism scale. Take the Narcissistic Personality Inventory. It's 40 questions long and only takes a few minutes. Remember, the average person's score is 15.5 and reality TV stars score about 19.5 - just a notch under imprisoned sociopaths...

Listen to the one hour radio show:

http://www.cbc.ca/tapestry/popupaudio.html?clipIds=2532019559

Full article:

http://www.cbc.ca/tapestry/episode/2014/09/26/a-field-guide-to-the-narcissist/

Take the test!:bounce:

I dare you to share your results! My total: 17 (explains a lot lol!)

Go Here! ►►► http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/narcissistic.htm

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4862098944/h8C206824/

crosby
4th October 2014, 10:21
i scored a 4. i must be a lost soul with no faith in myself........drats!
crosby

PurpleLama
4th October 2014, 10:23
I scored a 5. Is that good? Haha

I would have chosen answer C for most of those....

cursichella1
4th October 2014, 10:27
lolol According to my test results (which I was able to recover after my powerful narcissism crashed my laptop), I'm much less narcissistic than I thought I was. Whew! Relieved to know I'll never have my own 'reality' show!

I think a full blown narcissist would probably 'manipulate' their own results depending on how they'd want to come off, as most of the statements/choices clearly pointed in one direction or the other. Regardless, it was pretty interesting (probably because the questions were all about me...haha!).

p.s. I scored a 9.

Pris
4th October 2014, 12:19
i scored a 4. i must be a lost soul with no faith in myself........drats!
crosby

No, I don't think so... although, I do think there's some connection here with self-esteem and confidence. Btw, my boyfriend 'scored' a 2. I've often wondered how he can stand living with me. :o

Pris
4th October 2014, 12:28
lolol According to my test results (which I was able to recover after my powerful narcissism crashed my laptop), I'm much less narcissistic than I thought I was. Whew! Relieved to know I'll never have my own 'reality' show!

I think a full blown narcissist would probably 'manipulate' their own results depending on how they'd want to come off, as most of the statements/choices clearly pointed in one direction or the other. Regardless, it was pretty interesting (probably because the questions were all about me...haha!).

p.s. I scored a 9.

It's possible...

A Narcissist will let you know up front what they’re about.

I could have lied to myself on the test. If my results had been higher, would I have even started this thread?...

mpennery
4th October 2014, 12:29
14, but too many questions that are too ambiguous.
I haven't done much to warrant someone writing my biography and I don't like prying eyes but, hey, I would like to think I might do something biography worthy! ;-)
I've never liked working / taking orders from other people and I prefer being in control of my own life but that doesn't mean I like giving orders.
Everyone likes to get compliments.
The world would be a better place if I was in charge but that still scares the crap out of me.
I will try to talk my way out of anything but will happily accept the consequences if I can't!
I'm not too concerned with success but would love to have a little more.
We are ALL special.
I could go on with these...

Matt

Wind
4th October 2014, 12:31
7, Virgo with a Leo Moon so figure that one out.

cursichella1
4th October 2014, 12:39

p.s. I scored a 9.

It's possible...

A Narcissist will let you know up front what they’re about.

I could have lied to myself on the test. If my results had been higher, would I have even started this thread?...

You couldn't have scored much higher than you did! Though I have known some narcissists that like to come off as being humble, "regular" people, temporarily, of course, but they would then score low if it suited them for the moment.

cursichella1
4th October 2014, 12:54
7, Virgo with a Leo Moon so figure that one out.

Leo Moon=Outgoing Talk Show Host;
with Virgo Sun=Organized, detail oriented, outgoing Talk Show Host;
with 7 on the 'Narcissism Scale'=hardworking Investigative reporter. Leslie Stahl, Ben Swann & Sean Stone come to mind... :)

Natalia
4th October 2014, 13:46
As a highly sensitive empath, I have picked up on...

Much accusations going on of other people being "narcissists" for reasons that are just, human...

To me, narcissism means the opposite of empathy and caring about others...it's about putting others down to feel better about themselves...so a deeply caring and empathic person cannot be "a narcissist"...but, how I see it is that every person with an ego can have narcissistic moments, it's just that some people have it a lot more strongly and more often, than others.

Some common examples of misconceptions:

Someone could have 200 photos up of themselves on face book, and another can have 5...the person who has 5 thinks that anyone who has over 50 photos is a narcissist...this shows their lack of empathy...the person who has 200 rarely puts any one down and has lots of empathy for other people...unlike the one who has only 5 photos up, who often talks badly about others, usually in passive ways...

People trying to overcome social anxiety by exposing themselves by sharing and communicating with others, is not narcissism, it is simply them trying to grow, rise above their own fears, and reach out to and connect with others.

People sharing their own story, is not necessarily narcissism (though it can be - just about any action could have that reason behind it), it may be a gentle and indirect way to try to help others, and maybe themselves, too, helping yourself by not putting others down is not narcissism, it's self love.

People can confuse a true self love with narcissism - they are very different.

Social anxiety (and people who can be very introspective, or have Asperger's Syndrome) can be confused with narcissism, they are very different at what is at the core of it (the one who has had social anxiety can be the one who has been bullied at school by those who had strong narcissistic tendencies, to me, narcissism is cruelty).

So, if you are mostly an empathic, caring and kind person, you are not a "narcissist" however it may seem to some, and however some want to see you and make you seem!

Wind
4th October 2014, 13:53
Well said, Amethyst. :)

Natalia
4th October 2014, 14:02
Well said, Amethyst. :)

Thank you, Wind :) <3

Orph
4th October 2014, 14:03
I'll let you poor folks waste your time taking tests. I'm above all that. :wink:

:sarcastic:

EDIT: I'll be sure to check this thread every five minutes for the rest of the day to see how many people "thanked" me.

:pound:

RunningDeer
4th October 2014, 14:19
I scored a 14.

Success is defined differently than society. I’d prefer unique to special, again different outlook and life goals to main stream.

I do not want authority over anyone nor anyone over me.

Co-operative effort is my preference over leader vs. take orders.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/WhiteCrowBlackDeer/self-sufficency_zpsa622cfc3.png

Sstarss
4th October 2014, 15:11
I'll let you poor folks waste your time taking tests. I'm above all that. :wink:

Thank you Orph....I was below that...he he!
........like 'crosby' I scored 4 . :wink:

Edit. 5 minutes...Thank you Orph!

Orph
4th October 2014, 15:25

Edit. 5 minutes...Thank you Orph!People who thank me will not be acknowledged! :haha:

Delight
4th October 2014, 15:45

Much accusations going on of other people being "narcissists" for reasons that are just, human...

To me, narcissism means the opposite of empathy and caring about others...it's about putting others down to feel better about themselves...so a deeply caring and empathic person cannot be "a narcissist"...but, how I see it is that every person with an ego can have narcissistic moments, it's just that some people have it a lot more strongly and more often, than others.

Someone could have 200 photos up of themselves on face book, and another can have 5...the person who has 5 thinks that anyone who has over 50 photos is a narcissist...this shows their lack of empathy...the person who has 200 rarely puts any one down and has lots of empathy for other people...unlike the one who has only 5 photos up, who often talks badly about others, usually in passive ways...

People trying to overcome social anxiety by exposing themselves by sharing and communicating with others, is not narcissism, it is simply them trying to grow, rise above their own fears, and reach out to and connect with others.

People sharing their own story, is not necessarily narcissism (though it can be - just about any action could have that reason behind it), it may be a gentle and indirect way to try to help others, and maybe themselves, too, helping yourself by not putting others down is not narcissism, it's self love.

Social anxiety (and people who can be very introspective, or have Asperger's Syndrome) can be confused with narcissism, they are very different at what is at the core of it (the one who has had social anxiety can be the one who has been bullied at school by those who had strong narcissistic tendencies, to me, narcissism is cruelty).

So, if you are mostly an empathic, caring and kind person, you are not a "narcissist" however it may seem to some, and however some want to see you and make you seem!

I think narcissm is an inner emptiness. I think it is is being locked out of one's inner power and being caught on the surface.

The questions did not really seem to do anything but show how power is seen as either/or. Leader/follower, rule the world/be afraid to do that. It is also open to interpretation. I don't want to be admired and do get embarrassed by compliments but I think I am special and want to contribute something unique.I am not an order giver or taker. The questions were not really "mine" but I scored a 10.

Sorry Pris if this is too heavy:

IMO the emptiness of one's own connection to an inner nourishing power source demands being fed by the external feedback. A hollow sense and non-sustaining ability to self soothe needs constant supply of attention.

In a world that has become lost in the mirror of the superficial material, fewer children are supported in developing that really solid inner core that needs no reflection to maintain. IMO narcissism is a character condition that other narcissists train.

My research into narcissism came because my mother was fully self absorbed and had such need of attention that she created drama, interpersonal conflict and personal illness to keep people tied to her. She may have been a sociopath? They seem like degrees of failure to thrive.

By the definition here, Mom did say what she was about. The saying what one is about "I need you" is managed by allure, making you feel alternately appreciated and devalued, maintaining a kind of emotional chaos around her, setting people against one another and one other thing. The ability to spin "reality" and spin others.

IMO a narcissist/sociopath believes their spin on reality. They are in my observation not lying (deliberate deceit knowing one is lying) but are living a lie. IMO they are compartmentalized in their inner processing. It is really hard to comprehend. It makes one feel crazy in the relationship. The seeming sincerity is hard to suss even if one is good at reading others. People living with extreme narcissists are in the spin.

She was the kind of mother who was popular with my friends (but did not want me to have deep friendships), had a bleeding heart for social injustice (if it did not hurt her), was kind and caring and beautiful and spiritual and also manipulative, hostile, considered herself to be the center of the Universe and unwilling to allow anyone else to be themselves.

My mother was tuned in to others and she could seem to be empathic and that was a actually how she reeled me in when I was in need of comfort. Maybe she did feel with others? People really liked her and found her a beautiful person until a betrayal messed it up. Mom was the one who was suffering most. A narcissist suffers.

My observation of the subject came form the painful experience of first admiring my mother, then being disillusioned, then hating her, then realizing she was all twisted up by her own inner world that was a real HELL.

I think this is a real issue and important especially not to keep making this condition worse. As I said, I believe narcissists create the condition in others under their "care". IMO the whole of modern institutions is geared to POWER OVER. Power within is what we might have as humans.

The questions were seeming to lend to either/or (either a leader OR follower as example) IMO a narcissist is very intelligent, very creative and has much to offer. It may be that early on, a beautiful creative personality and the gifts get feedback so the person only feels loved by her offerings. A glossy facade is established as valuable.

IMO narcissm gets passed on because the child is used by their "superiors" and being open and vulnerable is punished. I am not sure that I think the test was a good one to identify the real issue of the spectrum from mild healthy self esteem to all encompassing NEED to overpower others.

Natalia
4th October 2014, 17:39

I think narcissm is an inner emptiness. I think it is is being locked out of one's inner power and being caught on the surface.

The questions did not really seem to do anything but show how power is seen as either/or. Leader/follower, rule the world/be afraid to do that. It is also open to interpretation. I don't want to be admired and do get embarrassed by compliments but I think I am special and want to contribute something unique.I am not an order giver or taker. The questions were not really "mine" but I scored a 10.

Sorry Pris if this is too heavy:

IMO the emptiness of one's own connection to an inner nourishing power source demands being fed by the external feedback. A hollow sense and non-sustaining ability to self soothe needs constant supply of attention.

In a world that has become lost in the mirror of the superficial material, fewer children are supported in developing that really solid inner core that needs no reflection to maintain. IMO narcissism is a character condition that other narcissists train.

My research into narcissism came because my mother was fully self absorbed and had such need of attention that she created drama, interpersonal conflict and personal illness to keep people tied to her. She may have been a sociopath? They seem like degrees of failure to thrive.

By the definition here, Mom did say what she was about. The saying what one is about "I need you" is managed by allure, making you feel alternately appreciated and devalued, maintaining a kind of emotional chaos around her, setting people against one another and one other thing. The ability to spin "reality" and spin others.

IMO a narcissist/sociopath believes their spin on reality. They are in my observation not lying (deliberate deceit knowing one is lying) but are living a lie. IMO they are compartmentalized in their inner processing. It is really hard to comprehend. It makes one feel crazy in the relationship. The seeming sincerity is hard to suss even if one is good at reading others. People living with extreme narcissists are in the spin.

She was the kind of mother who was popular with my friends (but did not want me to have deep friendships), had a bleeding heart for social injustice (if it did not hurt her), was kind and caring and beautiful and spiritual and also manipulative, hostile, considered herself to be the center of the Universe and unwilling to allow anyone else to be themselves.

My mother was tuned in to others and she could seem to be empathic and that was a actually how she reeled me in when I was in need of comfort. Maybe she did feel with others? People really liked her and found her a beautiful person until a betrayal messed it up. Mom was the one who was suffering most. A narcissist suffers.

My observation of the subject came form the painful experience of first admiring my mother, then being disillusioned, then hating her, then realizing she was all twisted up by her own inner world that was a real HELL.

I think this is a real issue and important especially not to keep making this condition worse. As I said, I believe narcissists create the condition in others under their "care". IMO the whole of modern institutions is geared to POWER OVER. Power within is what we might have as humans.

The questions were seeming to lend to either/or (either a leader OR follower as example) IMO a narcissist is very intelligent, very creative and has much to offer. It may be that early on, a beautiful creative personality and the gifts get feedback so the person only feels loved by her offerings. A glossy facade is established as valuable.

IMO narcissm gets passed on because the child is used by their "superiors" and being open and vulnerable is punished. I am not sure that I think the test was a good one to identify the real issue of the spectrum from mild healthy self esteem to all encompassing NEED to overpower others.

Everything can be abused...and everything can be done for good reasons with positive effects....(or just being innocent).

and it's like, when a genuine homeless person on the street is effected by those fake ones, and so people are more suspicious of the real ones...

I do believe that "narcissists" are human, too, and we all have aspects of it, but it's not who we are, and it's really not fitting to label some people as that, imo. I mean, it's just thrown around and people accusing others of having a serious disorder that is very stigmatized, and the name of which has this very negative energy attached to it, that they may not have.

I wasn't bought up by a "narcissist" as far as I am aware (but was effected in both negative and positive ways, like we all are), but I have been bullied by a few with those strong hurtful to others in those ways traits, and this is partly how I learned about (some) of it...

I also see that people being scared of "others will think that I have a big ego or am better than them so will want to hurt me" can get in the way of people loving themselves, shining in their own ways, and they feel like they have to hide, put themselves down, the playing small effect (which I have done, and many people have done, mostly women...but less so now as the times are changing).

There is modesty and there is fake modesty, and I am pretty sure that most of us have done both!

So, I see it that, we have all lost some connection, it's part of being human, we have all suffered, but yes, some more so than others and in different ways...

To me, self love is so important...but there are people who do not love others to love themselves - in a clean way, and is not in a way that is like "I am great, she is great, but you are no good, and they are no good...the self love that also wants others to love themselves, but I must admit that at times I lack empathy with others lack of empathy and cruelty because I just don't get it.

Being devalued can be a painful thing, we all need self esteem and to feel worthy, part of the human needs...some people will never see us as good enough, and true friends are people who believe in us (not as in agree with everything).

We all have trust issues, and I've noticed, that because of my past, there can be something in a "good person" or thing (not as in perfect) that can suddenly trigger me because of it, the pain body...but even though I am very sensitive I do very much look inside myself...and ask myself why?...it happened today with a post on here that I felt a bit upset by...I felt better after I looked inside myself and found out why...and took responsibility for my part of it...and let go and accepted it...we don't always have to act on it before we look inside, thank goodness!

This world needs a lot of healing...

BeuoXfKXhOs

Pris
4th October 2014, 18:24
I appreciate your entire comment, Amethyst! In particular, I like what you said here:

You said this very well -- it's about judgement. It's all very subjective, isn't it? It's surprising how often we judge others based on our own yardstick. So often, things are not as they appear on the surface.

I scored a 14.

Success is defined differently than society. I’d prefer unique to special, again different outlook and life goals to main stream.

I do not want authority over anyone nor anyone over me.

Co-operative effort is my preference over leader vs. take orders.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/WhiteCrowBlackDeer/self-sufficency_zpsa622cfc3.png

Thanks for sharing your whole chart, RunningDeer.

Here's mine for those who may be interested:

Natalia
4th October 2014, 19:58
I appreciate your entire comment, Amethyst! In particular, I like what you said here:

You said this very well -- it's about judgement. It's all very subjective, isn't it? It's surprising how often we judge others based on our own yardstick. So often, things are not as they appear on the surface.

Yeah...and what's behind the judgement?

Pris
4th October 2014, 21:38

EDIT: I'll be sure to check this thread every five minutes for the rest of the day to see how many people "thanked" me.

:pound:

Edit. 5 minutes...Thank you Orph!People who thank me will not be acknowledged! :haha:

I find your comments interesting, Orph. You're either just thinking you're being funny because this is a thread about narcissists, or you've got a hang up with the whole 'thanking system' here on Avalon (and with people you perceive to be wallowing in the 'thank yous' they get). If it's the latter, it's interesting because you yourself 'hand out' many thank yous and are thus feeding the beast.

Pris
4th October 2014, 21:59

Yeah...and what's behind the judgement?

Insecurity perhaps? Isn't judgement about feeling a lack of something inside ourselves that makes us feel so insecure, that instead of acknowledging it and dealing with it, we recognize and point out that 'weakness' in someone else so that we get a momentary 'high'? It makes us feel better about ourselves when someone else feels worse than we do?

For example, Orph's comments come across that way to me. I may be mistaken, but that's how it seems.

I find taking personality tests like this very helpful, and I thought others might find it helpful as well. Everyone has challenges. I like to discover where my challenges might stem from and how I may be able to improve myself.

Nothing we do is a waste of time.

Of course, I realize that starting a thread like this might be misinterpreted to mean, 'It's all about meeeeee!'

Orph
4th October 2014, 22:32
I find your comments interesting, Orph. You're either just thinking you're being funny because this is a thread about narcissists, or ........ It's all about perception. I see something as funny, but other people don't. I admit, I have a bit of an odd-ball sense of humor. And of course, some will say I don't have a sense of humor at all, I'm just an odd-ball. Hmmmmm. Perception.

(when I said I don't take tests, that was also a joke).

Now, as far as narcissists go, to me that's the same as any other label or judgement that people throw around. Who am I to judge or label anybody for being who they are? Anyway, sorry for disturbing your thread. :yo:

GoodETxSG
4th October 2014, 22:46
Note: This transplanted & edited from my thread on Narcissistic, Sociopathic Trolls etc (Full Description found on that Thread)... So it may seem a little out of context here:

Don't Feed The Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic TROLL'S!!!
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?74972-Don-t-Feed-The-Narcissistic-Psychopathic-and-Sadistic-TROLL-S---

As one who worked with many "Psychopaths" and "Sociopaths" in Government Work (As well as being a Psychology Major) I learned to identify them quite easily through not only their behavior in writting and socially among peers but through looking in their eyes (Ask any seasoned Detective if they have developed this ability).

Once you develop this ability it is shocking and un-nerving the number of them you observe in everyday life. I would assert you rub shouders with more Psychopaths and Sociopaths than you know ("Egotist's"/Narcissistic Personalities are a Sub-Type of Psychopath) There are Types and Sub-types of each.

The media focuses on the ones like Dexter (Serial Kilers) or your average Criminal. It breaks down a lot further than what most people would commonly think.

The "Tactics of Masters of Manipulation" are just Tools of the "Jerks", "Narcissist's" and "Anti-Social's". They are not exclusively tools used by Psychopaths and "Troll's" but anyone that consistently uses them absolutely has an "Anti-Social" Personality Disorder. Of course THEY would disagree, rationalize etc... But that doesn't erase the Zebra's Stripes. This sure won't stop them from debating the issue and getting in a circular arguement even with a seasoned Behavioral Psychologist.

So the word "Troll" is just a label for a certain online behavior that is relatively new and can be widely applied. The Anti-Social Narcissistic, Psychopathic, Sociopathic and Sadistic Behaviors that people display are far darker and more difficult to deny no matter how good of a "Debater" they are. It just is what it is... At everyone elses expense.

Much of the time these people go much of their lives not knowing what they are and are shocked when confronted with the truth, then spend the rest of their life in denial and in hiding.

Though this behavior is compulsive and they cannot help but expose theirselves.

5utnf-8tehs

t4d4euAOq7s

RunningDeer
4th October 2014, 22:54
Of course, I realize that starting a thread like this might be misinterpreted to mean, 'It's all about meeeeee!'
Not by me. Your thread was timely, which included ah-ha's and confirmations. So thanks, Pris. :wave:

Pris
4th October 2014, 23:14
I find your comments interesting, Orph. You're either just thinking you're being funny because this is a thread about narcissists, or ........ It's all about perception. I see something as funny, but other people don't. I admit, I have a bit of an odd-ball sense of humor. And of course, some will say I don't have a sense of humor at all, I'm just an odd-ball. Hmmmmm. Perception.

Now, as far as narcissists go, to me that's the same as any other label or judgement that people throw around. Who am I to judge or label anybody for being who they are? Anyway, sorry for disturbing your thread. :yo:

Thanks for clearing that up. Needless to say, I am very curious what kind of a score you'd get on that test.

I am also not fond of labels and don't take them to mean the word of God. And, no one is maliciously labeling/judging any of us here. I willingly took the test myself for sh!ts and giggles. This 'labeling' thing helps with self analysis IMO -- it's like a signpost on the road that lets you know if you're going in the right direction. It is also very insightful for everyone to see where everyone else is coming from.

This test, combined with the Myers-Briggs test, adds a whole new dimension I hadn't considered.

I'm open to trying out new things. If something resonates with me, I'll say so.

You are welcome to continue disturbing my thread. ;)

Sstarss
5th October 2014, 00:49
Thanking you Pris, for starting and sharing this thread and test.

Orph, I understood your humour, that's why I acknowledged it.

Very informative GoodeTXSG.

Note: This transplanted & edited from my thread on Narcissistic, Sociopathic Trolls etc (Full Description found on that Thread)... So it may seem a little out of context here:

Don't Feed The Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic TROLL'S!!!
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?74972-Don-t-Feed-The-Narcissistic-Psychopathic-and-Sadistic-TROLL-S---

As one who worked with many "Psychopaths" and "Sociopaths" in Government Work (As well as being a Psychology Major) I learned to identify them quite easily through not only their behavior in writting and socially among peers but through looking in their eyes (Ask any seasoned Detective if they have developed this ability).

Once you develop this ability it is shocking and un-nerving the number of them you observe in everyday life. I would assert you rub shouders with more Psychopaths and Sociopaths than you know ("Egotist's"/Narcissistic Personalities are a Sub-Type of Psychopath) There are Types and Sub-types of each.

The media focuses on the ones like Dexter (Serial Kilers) or your average Criminal. It breaks down a lot further than what most people would commonly think.

The "Tactics of Masters of Manipulation" are just Tools of the "Jerks", "Narcissist's" and "Anti-Social's". They are not exclusively tools used by Psychopaths and "Troll's" but anyone that consistently uses them absolutely has an "Anti-Social" Personality Disorder. Of course THEY would disagree, rationalize etc... But that doesn't erase the Zebra's Stripes. This sure won't stop them from debating the issue and getting in a circular arguement even with a seasoned Behavioral Psychologist.

So the word "Troll" is just a label for a certain online behavior that is relatively new and can be widely applied. The Anti-Social Narcissistic, Psychopathic, Sociopathic and Sadistic Behaviors that people display are far darker and more difficult to deny no matter how good of a "Debater" they are. It just is what it is... At everyone elses expense.

Much of the time these people go much of their lives not knowing what they are and are shocked when confronted with the truth, then spend the rest of their life in denial and in hiding.

Though this behavior is compulsive and they cannot help but expose theirselves.

sirdipswitch
5th October 2014, 01:32
Hey Orph!!! I'm with you Bud!! chuckle chuckle

I did however break down and take the test, but sompthin musta happened with my computer cuz it wouldn't give me a score. Nope! It just told me that I should seek a good councilor. ccc.:wizard:

Orph
5th October 2014, 01:43
Needless to say, I am very curious what kind of a score you'd get on that test.

And, no one is maliciously labeling/judging any of us here.
It's sometimes tough to understand a persons intent when interacting on a message board. Especially if you don't know the person. And no, there isn't any mudslinging going on here. :tea:

So, since you asked, I decided to take the test, which took less than 40 seconds. I scored a 2. I'm not sure what that means other than to say that I don't take life seriously. But then, you may have gathered that by now. :dance3:

Pris
5th October 2014, 04:57

I did however break down and take the test, but sompthin musta happened with my computer cuz it wouldn't give me a score. Nope! It just told me that I should seek a good councilor. ccc.:wizard:

Lol?! Another jokester (sorry for the label lol)? ;) If you're not joking, the link I provided in the original post is for a test that does provide a score.

Btw, one of my best friends in the whole world is a jokester. It took me quite a long time to figure him out, but he was worth it. And, he learned to be more gentle with me and not so cryptic. Why? Because I kept telling him to stop being an arse. :biggrin:

Pris
5th October 2014, 05:15
Needless to say, I am very curious what kind of a score you'd get on that test.

And, no one is maliciously labeling/judging any of us here.
It's sometimes tough to understand a persons intent when interacting on a message board. Especially if you don't know the person. And no, there isn't any mudslinging going on here. :tea:

So, since you asked, I decided to take the test, which took less than 40 seconds. I scored a 2. I'm not sure what that means other than to say that I don't take life seriously. But then, you may have gathered that by now. :dance3:

Yes, you're right that it's tough to figure people out on a message board. Some people like to make it even tougher. :P

Hey, thanks for taking the test and sharing your results. I think a 2 means you're about as far away from being a narcissist as you can get. As for taking life seriously or not, that doesn't seem to affect the results of the test. For what it's worth, my boyfriend also got a 2, and he generally takes life VERY seriously.

Natalia
5th October 2014, 06:15
Ok, I finally looked at and took the quiz, and got

Results of your
Narcissistic Personality Quiz

Mirror mirror
Your Total: 6

Between 12 and 15 is average.
Celebrities often score closer to 18.
Narcissists score over 20.

Here's how you rated on the seven component traits of narcissism:
Narcissistic Trait Strength of Trait
Authority: 1.00
Self-Sufficiency: 0.00
Superiority: 2.00
Exhibitionism: 0.00
Exploitativeness: 1.00
Vanity: 2.00
Entitlement: 0.00

Pris
5th October 2014, 07:19
Altogether, I'm becoming very intrigued by everyone's test results. There's been no one here who's even come close to my score yet. It's as if the ones who might score highly are deliberately avoiding this thread... :lol:

Don't be afraid, little narcissists. Come out, come out, wherever you are.

Natalia
5th October 2014, 07:28
Altogether, I'm becoming very intrigued by everyone's test results. There's been no one here who's even come close to my score yet. It's as if the ones who might score highly are deliberately avoiding this thread... :lol:

I don't care about your high-ish score, I like you.

And, the test, so you scored quite high...to me, having now seen the questions, there is a difference between healthy and unhealthy ego...and someone being pretty independent in nature and being arrogant in nature...the test like all tests is rather limited, but it does give some idea about personality...

Some people probably think that I lied in the test and I find that funny! lol

Sociology and psychology are interesting to me...

Natalia
5th October 2014, 07:44
Some people think that this guy is a "narcissist" I really don't think so, to me he had a big kind heart, and I love him, always (not a perfect man, I'm not saying that).

BWf-eARnf6U

Another artist, Jarvis Cocker, stormed on stage to mock Michael Jackson's performance because "He was pretending to be Jesus - I'm not religious but I think, as a performer myself, the idea of someone pretending to have the power of healing is just not right," Cocker said.

M9UrQOYOnWo

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/jarvis-cocker-breaks-his-silence-over-michael-jacksons-death-1730407.html

Pris
5th October 2014, 08:58

I don't care about your high-ish score, I like you.

And, the test, so you scored quite high...to me, having now seen the questions, there is a difference between healthy and unhealthy ego...and someone being pretty independent in nature and being arrogant in nature...the test like all tests is rather limited, but it does give some idea about personality...

Some people probably think that I lied in the test and I find that funny! lol

Sociology and psychology are interesting to me...

Haha thank you, Amethyst! I like you, too. :o

You lie?! Impossible. :)

Some people think that this guy is a "narcissist" I really don't think so, to me he had a big kind heart, and I love him, always (not a perfect man, I'm not saying that).

BWf-eARnf6U

Another artist, Jarvis Cocker, stormed on stage to mock Michael Jackson's performance because "He was pretending to be Jesus - I'm not religious but I think, as a performer myself, the idea of someone pretending to have the power of healing is just not right," Cocker said.

M9UrQOYOnWo

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/jarvis-cocker-breaks-his-silence-over-michael-jacksons-death-1730407.html

People are certainly too quick to cheer and jump on the bandwagon. It's quite distasteful.

I've always enjoyed Michael Jackson, too.

With all the 'flaws'... like all of us, he was precious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y3dsAY_a_I

Natalia
5th October 2014, 09:10
You lie?! Impossible. :)

haha! :)

Of course I have lied at rare times (as you know!) as we all have...but it is a case of how often and when and why and with who and etc...a lie can save a life...just as a lie can destroy it...

chocolate
5th October 2014, 11:47

I usually don't participate in threads where people put the emphasis on the degree of using and believing in labels, for pretty much the same reasons as you, Orph.
May be narcissistic me is too large to fit into any one label or description ( odd sense of humor here , too :) ) ?

BTW, I have very few photos of myself ( somewhere around the number 5 will be correct ). And at the same time I don't put anybody down, if I can help it, neither openly nor in a passive way.
But, many have, and still are, miss-placing me based on their own labeling system.

I see this thread timely appearing together here and as an article in my FB feed. Interesting.

Another Sorry! for disturbing the thread.

Natalia
5th October 2014, 11:51
(I don't have either but this is a good video on the subject and sociological aspects)

LpKHDBj7Spo

chocolate
5th October 2014, 12:21
Amethyst,
you are giving me 'strange' energetic vibes, so being or not autistic, having or not aspergers, I just can't connect with you. That is why I just try to avoid further interactions.

And that was one (not typical for the 'politeness' adopted by this forum) hones post.

Sorry, Pris, do not be too hard on me. That was just waiting for an outlet.

Natalia
5th October 2014, 12:31
Amethyst,
you are giving me 'strange' energetic vibes, so being or not autistic, having or not aspergers, I just can't connect with you. That is why I just try to avoid further interactions.

And that was one (not typical for the 'politeness' adopted by this forum) hones post.

Well we have connected warmly before and so, that you are upset with something about me and this is the first time that you have said anything to me about it, is surprising to me, especially the 'strange' energetic vibes comment...so you don't trust me now for whatever reason (I do not know) and the kindest thing I can do is to accept that and not talk to you. No hard feelings, just a little sad that you felt that way.

I was just sharing part of how I see and feel on this subject, from care and wanting to be fair, believe it or not, but now I will leave this thread if (a few?) people are going to get upset about me pointing out how I see the differences between things and the sometimes unfair judgements, labeling and accusations that people can make.

Orph
5th October 2014, 14:51
but now I will leave this thread if (a few?) people are going to get upset about me pointing out how I see the differences between things and the sometimes unfair judgements, labeling and accusations that people can make.Don't leave because of me. A lot of what I say is not meant to be taken seriously. Unfortunately, it sometimes comes across as being a jab. :hug:

Czarek
5th October 2014, 15:17
Sam Vaknin has done some good work on the subject. Have a peak.
http://samvak.tripod.com/npdglance.html

Took the test myself. Scored 4.

sirdipswitch
5th October 2014, 16:35

Lol?! Another jokester (sorry for the label lol)? ;) If you're not joking, the link I provided in the original post is for a test that does provide a score.

Btw, one of my best friends in the whole world is a jokester. It took me quite a long time to figure him out, but he was worth it. And, he learned to be more gentle with me and not so cryptic. Why? Because I kept telling him to stop being an arse. :biggrin:

Joking? Who's joking? Gotcha beat kiddo! cc.

I did a 20. Here's the breakdown.

Authority: 6.00
Self-Sufficiency: 4.00
Superiority: 3.00
Exhibitionism: 3.00
Exploitativeness: 2.00
Vanity: 0.00
Entitlement: 2.00

And here's how they described it.

Below you will find a brief interpretation of each narcissism trait and what your score relative to that trait may indicate about you.

Authority

Authority refers to a person's leadership skills and power. People who score higher on authority like to be in charge and gain power, often for power's sake alone. You scored particularly high in authority, suggesting you see yourself as a leader or as someone who values power.

Self-Sufficiency

This trait refers to how self-sufficient a person is, that is, how much you rely on others versus your own abilities to meet your needs in life. You scored particularly high in self-sufficiency, suggesting you are highly self sufficient.

Superiority

This trait refers to whether a person feels they are more superior than those around them. You scored particularly high in superiority, suggesting you feel you are superior to most others.

Exhibitionism

This trait refers to a person's need to be the center of attention, and willingness to ensure they are the center of attention (even at the expense of others' needs).

Exploitativeness

This trait refers to how willing you are to exploit others in order to meet your own needs or goals.

Vanity

This trait refers to a person's vanity, or their belief in one's own superior abilities and attractiveness compared to others.

Entitlement

This trait refers to the expectation and amount of entitlement a person has in their lives, that is, unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with one's expectations. People who score higher on this trait generally have a greater expectation of entitlement, while those who score lower expect little from others or life.

They also said this -

Your Total: 20

Because you scored 18 or higher, you may want to check out the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder.

So I guess what it all boils down to is that anyone with high Leadership qualities is termed a Narcissist and should seek help for their disorder. hmm.

HEY I KNOW!!! Since you scored so high also... Pris...

you can be my Second in Command!!! ccc.:wizard:

Sstarss
5th October 2014, 17:43
Sirdipswitch and Orph, for humour I would give you both top marks.

:first:

Sorry Pris, they made me laugh, now back to topic.
May all be well, with all.

Pris
5th October 2014, 17:54
Amethyst,

Well we have connected warmly before and so, that you are upset with something about me and this is the first time that you have said anything to me about it, is surprising to me, especially the 'strange' energetic vibes comment...so you don't trust me now for whatever reason (I do not know) and the kindest thing I can do is to accept that and not talk to you. No hard feelings, just a little sad that you felt that way.

I was just sharing part of how I see and feel on this subject, from care and wanting to be fair, believe it or not, but now I will leave this thread if (a few?) people are going to get upset about me pointing out how I see the differences between things and the sometimes unfair judgements, labeling and accusations that people can make.

Whaaaa...? You want to leave this thread just because you think you upset a couple of people? Why do you care if you think you upset everyone here? You're thoughts are just as valid as anyone else's. You are super-special, Amethyst. I always appreciate your point-of-view. Please don't let those others bother you.

(I don't have either but this is a good video on the subject and sociological aspects)

LpKHDBj7Spo

Thank you for posting this! I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but this whole topic has been a real eye-opener for me. And, with the strange vibes going on here, I thought I'd better chime in quickly.

The 'labels' have helped me tremendously to figure something out... I thought I had sociopathic tendencies (oh, no, here we go again! ;D). Then it was suggested that instead, I may be a high-functioning autistic. Interesting, but that wasn't it.

Now, here, you've got a video comparing Asperger's to narcissism! And, what's been the big 'light bulb moment' for me is that my dad is most likely a narcissist -- not a sociopath -- and that really makes a huge difference to me in all of this. I seem to have some narcissistic tendencies at times that I likely inherited from him... now it all makes sense!

I didn't know the difference between these 'labels' until now.

Thank you for contributing to my thread, Amethyst!

Delight
5th October 2014, 18:22
I thought I had sociopathic tendencies (oh, no, here we go again! ;D). Then it was suggested that instead, I may be a high-functioning autistic. Interesting, but that wasn't it. Now, here, you've got a video comparing Asperger's to narcissism! And, what's been the big 'light bulb moment' for me is that my dad is most likely a narcissist -- not a sociopath -- and that really makes a huge difference to me in all of this. I seem to have some narcissistic tendencies at times that I likely inherited from him... now it all makes sense!

IMO I think some "sociopathic" traits are what society does not like but that are supportive of sovereign being and some are dangerous and hurt others. It is all lumped in together.

These questions on the quiz and the whole DSM approach to normal is all based on social herd programming. But by agreeing to these labels, we will then be judging. After all, why have labels unless you intend to use them as hierarchy of value in some way??

The main thing about sociopathy is that it is an interpersonal "me in the world" with a total focus on me and the lack of "social" restraints. It enables all 100% no holds barred to "go for" me. my friends and I have been talking about being oneself in relationship. IF a person has no need for the social goodies that comprise "the usual" interaction, there are freedoms there because there is no "I care a lot" about being liked. A person could be considered to have sociopathic traits because they do not care to conform and no carrots or sticks will make them (is that the freedom in traits of "autism"...a label?)

The big question IMO is conscience. I don't care if I am liked (too much...I care some hehe) but I won't do those things that are called sociopathic because I REALLY care about my own conscience. I don't care that much about TRYING to be liked so don't make an effort but I am still social.

When people are still tied in to the social goodies but lack a conscience, they may do all kinds of exploitation actions (steal, cheat, murder, manipulate, dominate blah blah...all that are not socially acceptable) and hide all the activity as it seems like the way to get that which they need. These people could be dangerous when one has to interact with them. Poeple put up with it to get what they want too. All this is corporate type civilization.

I consider that we can all open on to a new field of experience that is not comparative, hierarchy, win/lose etc. when we stop needing the affirmation form our programmed upbringing.

To pull it off, we have to have our own ground of being, our own base of power and values...not values based on performance to others but what seems like our integrity. In high school type civilization the geeks and nerds were shunned by the herd and then later observation is that the high school herd was left behind in the pasture when the "out lyers" graduated. Genius is found outside the limits of normal. The ones who are dangerous are still needy of the energy taken from an audience at all costs.

There can be a fine line. I personally really like non-comformity as a value and also wisdom of knowing that some interesting people are not to be trusted with my energy and involvement. If one is in with a sociopath, there is a reason one went into the relationship IMO. I'll even say that for me and being born to a family with major narcissm. I think I am much more than this body and this life expression so I am into the big picture of growing past the old patterns of millenia.

Pris
5th October 2014, 18:52
Amethyst,

Thanks for your thoughts, chocolate. We don't all connect with everyone and that's okay. I still interact with people here on Avalon that I, seriously, do not connect with.

Forgive my stupidity, but is this about 'labels'? If it is, it's kind of interesting that, in a not so indirect way, you are labeling Amethyst as 'strange'.

For myself, I don't get these 'strange' energetic vibes, as you put it, coming off Amethyst. But, even if I did, in most cases, I'm attracted to strange. :madgrin:

Maybe look inside as to why you feel this way, chocolate.

As Amethyst said recently, 'Mirror mirror...'

POST UPDATE:

Amethyst did not say 'Mirror mirror'. That message came automatically with the test results.

Pris
5th October 2014, 19:15

I usually don't participate in threads where people put the emphasis on the degree of using and believing in labels, for pretty much the same reasons as you, Orph.
May be narcissistic me is too large to fit into any one label or description ( odd sense of humor here , too :) ) ?

BTW, I have very few photos of myself ( somewhere around the number 5 will be correct ). And at the same time I don't put anybody down, if I can help it, neither openly nor in a passive way.
But, many have, and still are, miss-placing me based on their own labeling system.

I see this thread timely appearing together here and as an article in my FB feed. Interesting.

Another Sorry! for disturbing the thread.

Another btw, I have millions of pictures of myself. I don't share them with anyone, though. And, I rarely look at them once I've taken them. I guess I just like collecting things -- gives me a momentary high. I've got that Collectors Disorder lol.

Ever had an obsession? It doesn't matter to me if it's ideas or things, I get completely obsessed with whatever it is.

And, my attention is all over the place. My interests change constantly.

Anyway, no need to apologize for disturbing my thread. That's what it's all about.

joeecho
5th October 2014, 19:22
Would a Narcissist take over this thread by citing the many sources as to why his/ her ideas of narcissism are the most accurate?

Btw, have you ever seen both side of a coin at the same time?

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2012-09-03-GodEgo.jpg

http://www.style-laboratory.net/wp-content/uploads/chickennarcissisttest.jpg

http://anupturnedsoul.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/fbbitchin.jpg

I promise never to take over this thread. You can trust me! ;)

Tesla_WTC_Solution
5th October 2014, 19:29

Thank you.

There was a yahoo! comment the other night that offended me but it was so simple and true: self determination is a RIGHT. :) it sounded a bit neo nazi but hey.
They guy felt that he was entitled to be crusty, cranky, and have his own opinion. Old school folks were extremely self absorbed but this bloomed out of a huge work ethic.

Modern self love blooms more out of a lack of work, a lack of self worth.
Modern humans are very bored and the easy choice is self reflection over exploration.

It takes a certain amount of self determination to explore, so don't feel bad for making mistakes, i.e. trial and error, Papageno etc. lol

I think your facebook scenario is a really good example because it's something people understand well.
It's true that the people w/ more friends tend to have more selfies. it's a weird phenom but hey!!! :)

Guess we have to love ourselves (oh my!) to love others after all... didn't a therapist once say that to a few of us here? XD

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

p.s. the Asperger's thing on the playground is also true. holy ****. lol

p.p.s. threads that ask some version of the "which personality type are you" can be interesting but ultimately float at the level of mass email forwards. people start to drown.

Pris
5th October 2014, 19:30

Joking? Who's joking? Gotcha beat kiddo! cc.

I did a 20. Here's the breakdown.

Authority: 6.00
Self-Sufficiency: 4.00
Superiority: 3.00
Exhibitionism: 3.00
Exploitativeness: 2.00
Vanity: 0.00
Entitlement: 2.00

And here's how they described it.

Below you will find a brief interpretation of each narcissism trait and what your score relative to that trait may indicate about you.

Authority

Authority refers to a person's leadership skills and power. People who score higher on authority like to be in charge and gain power, often for power's sake alone. You scored particularly high in authority, suggesting you see yourself as a leader or as someone who values power.

Self-Sufficiency

This trait refers to how self-sufficient a person is, that is, how much you rely on others versus your own abilities to meet your needs in life. You scored particularly high in self-sufficiency, suggesting you are highly self sufficient.

Superiority

This trait refers to whether a person feels they are more superior than those around them. You scored particularly high in superiority, suggesting you feel you are superior to most others.

Exhibitionism

This trait refers to a person's need to be the center of attention, and willingness to ensure they are the center of attention (even at the expense of others' needs).

Exploitativeness

This trait refers to how willing you are to exploit others in order to meet your own needs or goals.

Vanity

This trait refers to a person's vanity, or their belief in one's own superior abilities and attractiveness compared to others.

Entitlement

This trait refers to the expectation and amount of entitlement a person has in their lives, that is, unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with one's expectations. People who score higher on this trait generally have a greater expectation of entitlement, while those who score lower expect little from others or life.

They also said this -

Your Total: 20

Because you scored 18 or higher, you may want to check out the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder.

So I guess what it all boils down to is that anyone with high Leadership qualities is termed a Narcissist and should seek help for their disorder. hmm.

HEY I KNOW!!! Since you scored so high also... Pris...

you can be my Second in Command!!! ccc.:wizard:

Wow, a 20! Impressive, sirdipswitch! You weren't joking -- that's hilarious! :lol:

Yes, I admit I'm not as strong an authority figure as yourself.

http://media4.onsugar.com/files/2010/07/28/4/192/1922283/7574507c81cdb7cb_dr-evil.jpg

I'll gladly be your Number 2. :becky:

Pris
5th October 2014, 19:56
Would a Narcissist take over this thread by citing the many sources as to why his/ her ideas of narcissism are the most accurate?

Btw, have you ever seen both side of a coin at the same time?

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2012-09-03-GodEgo.jpg

http://www.style-laboratory.net/wp-content/uploads/chickennarcissisttest.jpg

http://anupturnedsoul.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/fbbitchin.jpg

I promise never to take over this thread. You can trust me! ;)

Couldn't resist, could you! :biggrin1:

That last saying really hits home. I've had the line, 'If the shoe fits, wear it', running through my head for the last couple of days now, but haven't have a chance to use it haha!

Now, here's my chance!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_en3tE7aKwk8/TOjF4V89PhI/AAAAAAAACdQ/CpYs3dN9vFg/s400/funny+animals-cat+wearing+trainers.jpg

joeecho
5th October 2014, 21:28
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_en3tE7aKwk8/TOjF4V89PhI/AAAAAAAACdQ/CpYs3dN9vFg/s400/funny+animals-cat+wearing+trainers.jpg

Those shoes don't seem to fit but that would never stop a narcissist from wearing them if he/ she thought they looked good on him/ her. And if others do not agree then that is because they do not have good tastes.

Image is everything to a narcissist, imagine that!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6072/6051408344_f7b168c1e5.jpg

PurpleLama
5th October 2014, 21:36
A real narcissist/psychopath could score on that test whatever they wanted to.

Just sayin'. They would see through every question, and hide it.

Want me to take it again?

PurpleLama
5th October 2014, 21:42
hey!

A person can't help it if they are absurdly good looking!

joeecho
6th October 2014, 01:50
A real narcissist/psychopath could score on that test whatever they wanted to.

Just sayin'. They would see through every question, and hide it.

Want me to take it again?

You hit the head on the nail with that one!

I bet you're narcissistically proud! :P

http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Were-not-Worthy.jpg

joeecho
6th October 2014, 02:02
http://media4.onsugar.com/files/2010/07/28/4/192/1922283/7574507c81cdb7cb_dr-evil.jpg

I'll gladly be your Number 2. :becky:

How does a 'Number 2' turn into a cat picture?

You gotta go find out!

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6241524992/hC01A0835/

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1344662542572_9581563.png

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't being a little s**t a narcissist tendency?? :)

Natalia
6th October 2014, 13:19
I want to make a few things very clear (before I take a needed break from this forum)

I've only just noticed that this could be a possible referral (?) to something that I said earlier in this thread, which had nothing to do with you chocolate, as far as I was aware

If you was suggesting that I was labeling you because you have around 5 photos of yourself on your facebook wall (which I didn't even know before you said it, and I haven't seen your facebook wall), I was using 5 as an example because that popped into my mind (and there is someone like this on my "friend's" list who several times goes on about others having loads of photos on their wall, with this really judgmental bitter energy about him). It doesn't mean that I think that everyone who has only a few photos of themselves judges others for having more - it was an example, and people have more than me and I do not judge them for it.

(just in referring to this subject in general) I also do not have 200 photos of myself on my face book wall! Again, I was using that as an example, I probably have around 100, and more than half of those were when I was with my sister, other family, and friends...around half of them were taken and posted by others, and there are only a few selfies...all of this in 8 years being on facebook...it's called socializing, and fun...the rest of my 200 + photos are not of anybody but images and sayings and stuff that I put on my wall, that goes into your photos section and adds to the total count.

It doesn't matter to me however many photos someone puts on facebook, but I do prefer 1 pic so I can see what the person looks like!

You might not know this...but I never wrote "Mirror mirror" (which might seem a little provocative?)...that was all copied and pasted from the tests results page, which looked different to yours as I didn't save the picture and post it as one...just copied and pasted and I thought it was strange, why did it say Mirror mirror in it, but I posted the whole thing...

Guess we have to love ourselves (oh my!) to love others after all... didn't a therapist once say that to a few of us here? XD

It helps! :)

When losing that feeling connection to self love (which is what some people want you to do...)...and connecting to it again :)

KiwiElf
6th October 2014, 13:48
Aghhhh I only scored a 4 :( - told you my kitteh was smarter!

778 neighbour of some guy
6th October 2014, 15:19
Which one of you incompetent bastards stole my mirror dammit???

RunningDeer
6th October 2014, 16:01

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/WhiteCrowBlackDeer/MirrorMirror_zps3fbedc9e.jpg
<3

778 neighbour of some guy
6th October 2014, 16:03

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/WhiteCrowBlackDeer/MirrorMirror_zps3fbedc9e.jpg
<3

Thanks, lol, youre the best Paula, love you too.;)

RunningDeer
6th October 2014, 16:05
Thanks, lol, youre the best Paula, love you too.;)
http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/wet-kiss-smiley.gif?1292867699

Pris
6th October 2014, 21:25
I want to make a few things very clear (before I take a needed break from this forum)

I've only just noticed that this could be a possible referral (?) to something that I said earlier in this thread, which had nothing to do with you chocolate, as far as I was aware

If you was suggesting that I was labeling you because you have around 5 photos of yourself on your facebook wall (which I didn't even know before you said it, and I haven't seen your facebook wall), I was using 5 as an example because that popped into my mind (and there is someone like this on my "friend's" list who several times goes on about others having loads of photos on their wall, with this really judgmental bitter energy about him). It doesn't mean that I think that everyone who has only a few photos of themselves judges others for having more - it was an example, and people have more than me and I do not judge them for it.

(just in referring to this subject in general) I also do not have 200 photos of myself on my face book wall! Again, I was using that as an example, I probably have around 100, and more than half of those were when I was with my sister, other family, and friends...around half of them were taken and posted by others, and there are only a few selfies...all of this in 8 years being on facebook...it's called socializing, and fun...the rest of my 200 + photos are not of anybody but images and sayings and stuff that I put on my wall, that goes into your photos section and adds to the total count.

It doesn't matter to me however many photos someone puts on facebook, but I do prefer 1 pic so I can see what the person looks like!

You might not know this...but I never wrote "Mirror mirror" (which might seem a little provocative?)...that was all copied and pasted from the tests results page, which looked different to yours as I didn't save the picture and post it as one...just copied and pasted and I thought it was strange, why did it say Mirror mirror in it, but I posted the whole thing...

It helps! :)

When losing that feeling connection to self love (which is what some people want you to do...)...and connecting to it again :)

I agree. I don't see what the big deal is with selfies.

Sorry about saying 'Mirror mirror...' was your quote, Amethyst. Sometimes I miss stuff. But, I do like the saying. :)

I don't see it meaning 'Who's the greatest one of all?' I see it meaning when we judge others, it is a reflection of ourselves and our lack of self-love.

It was meant as a positive, self-introspection.

Pris
6th October 2014, 22:20
This is the song that expresses best what I mean about that mirror.

It just happens to be Michael Jackson's song. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAcxHlZ1qZQ

1inMany
7th October 2014, 11:44
Thanks for starting this lively and fun discussion, Pris. I admit it, I have been lurking. I took the test, too. I scored so low that I hesitate to say what I scored. Because my inner search is for balance. I figure, everyone has every possible trait inside somewhere. And knowing what surfaces the most is such good information. Well, if one listens. Being at either end of the spectrum is probably equally unbalanced. Of course, if I wanted, I could go back and take it again and put myself in the middle (lol).

The way I see it, there are lots of narcissists in the world. Actually, as I was studying psychology years ago, it occurred to me that there are very few balanced people. But this only comes to their attention when some part of oneself causes a problem in life...their own or someone close. I mean, a narcissist can have a full and happy life, never becoming aware of any of these tendencies, if the partner is just as happy and the employer is happy and the children are happy...on and on. As a matter of fact, until there is a label (or a diagnosis) placed on a person, which would usually be the result of seeking help for said problem, there would only be whisperings or wonderings or suspicions. But boy oh boy, once the label (or diagnosis) is placed, then a person can look and see all kinds of things that were not obvious before. Sheesh.

Of course, in the case of narcissism, the person receiving the label would likely not agree. (Just ask my ex-husband, lol, he would agree that he disagrees.)

Amethyst, I feel for you. I really do. Getting sent someone else's crap is not fun. That is one reason I stay away from most threads. I think it is awesome that you know yourself so well, and I hope a (really brief) break helps you to shake all that off.

:)

maurice
7th November 2014, 06:09
Test ,what test ? I dont need to do any f#$%^&g test to figure out that your the ones that have the problem not me . last time I looked in the mirror anyway. Yeah I looked ,whats its to ya ? and I liked what I saw okay so dont lecture me with your navel gazing new age fluffy wuffy mumbo jumbo !

Ive done nothing to be ashamed of . In fact I like the way I am and so does everybody else , that counts anyway . You loosers can do tests if you want to but that dont prove nothin' .Im in this to do business . Know what im saying ?

I was talking to the CEO of dyna corp yesterday on the golf course ,that's the Royal Melbourne for those of you peasants that even know what golf is .

So he says to me 'Kevin , there's doers and movers and whiners and looser's . He tells is like it is and i'm to busy doin' it to it to waste any more of my valuable time talking to you guys . Now excuse me while I check myself out in the wing mirror of my Porsche Carrera soft top because i'm about to make some serious moves on the vice chairs daughter . Im to busy goin places to talk to your faces .

Oh my god , so sorry about that .I was about to give my two cents when Kevin walked in to my body . I hope he was'nt to obnoxious to you guys.....
I scored 2 I think or was it ten . Does it matter ?

Pris
9th November 2014, 10:14
Test ,what test ? I dont need to do any f#$%^&g test to figure out that your the ones that have the problem not me . last time I looked in the mirror anyway. Yeah I looked ,whats its to ya ? and I liked what I saw okay so dont lecture me with your navel gazing new age fluffy wuffy mumbo jumbo !

Ive done nothing to be ashamed of . In fact I like the way I am and so does everybody else , that counts anyway . You loosers can do tests if you want to but that dont prove nothin' .Im in this to do business . Know what im saying ?

I was talking to the CEO of dyna corp yesterday on the golf course ,that's the Royal Melbourne for those of you peasants that even know what golf is .

So he says to me 'Kevin , there's doers and movers and whiners and looser's . He tells is like it is and i'm to busy doin' it to it to waste any more of my valuable time talking to you guys . Now excuse me while I check myself out in the wing mirror of my Porsche Carrera soft top because i'm about to make some serious moves on the vice chairs daughter . Im to busy goin places to talk to your faces .

Oh my god , so sorry about that .I was about to give my two cents when Kevin walked in to my body . I hope he was'nt to obnoxious to you guys.....
I scored 2 I think or was it ten . Does it matter ?

No, seriously. Take the test. It's enlightening to know where you score. First off, it helps you with regard to some possible introspection if you're into that sort of thing. Secondly, the rest of us get a better idea of what type of person we're dealing with. :)

Jhonie
11th July 2015, 19:06
Yeah the narcissist next door has finally moved away, far away!!!!!!!!

Edit: I got 12 by the way.