PDA

View Full Version : Genius Invents Machine Gun That Makes And Fires Paper Airplanes

Pris
10th October 2014, 20:51
Genius invents machine gun that makes and fires paper airplanes
by Jesus Diaz

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--9JMusmWq--/e39felor6rdphqrwpmpn.gif

This German genius has created one of the most awesome inventions in recent memory, one that will bring incredible voice to humanity: A fully automated paper airplane machine gun. Yes, people: A machine gun that folds plain paper sheets into airplanes and then fire them across the sky.

He fully designed it and then 3D printed most of it, he says. I really hope that he starts some crowdfunding thing for mass manufacturing. Or at least share his plans on the internet.

And someone give this dude a Nobel already, please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7K91g8yG_w

Original article:
http://sploid.gizmodo.com/mad-genius-creates-awesome-fully-automated-paper-airpla-1644140869/+caseychan

Another article:
http://gizmodo.com/3d-printed-machine-gun-folds-and-shoots-endless-paper-a-1643881008

I think this is really cool. :cool:

Agape
10th October 2014, 21:07
Resupply that to the Middle East and everywhere else too please ...

;)

Michael Moewes
10th October 2014, 21:18
devinetly like. please produce a couple millions to deliver to all soldiers in exchange for their rifles

Sidney
11th October 2014, 03:38
Seriously? Is that how we want to use our precious trees? :(
I mean I get that is better than a real weapon, but think of all that wasted paper. Just saying.

Pris
11th October 2014, 03:55
I mean I get that is better than a real weapon, but think of all that wasted paper. Just saying.

I guess you didn't miss the point entirely...

Of course we don't want to waste paper -- let alone paper made from trees (how ridiculous is that).

With all respect, how is your comment helpful?

Operator
11th October 2014, 04:48
How very useful !
Now before shipping them of to war zones he needs to add one tiny extension ...
a printer, printing the words "I love you too" on the paper planes. Then they are good to go. :peace:

Pris
11th October 2014, 04:55
I think some of you are taking this... far too seriously. And, you're being a wee bit too sarcastic.

It's a 'gun' that shoots paper airplanes for goodness sake.

Sidney
11th October 2014, 04:59

Of course we don't want to waste paper -- let alone paper made from trees (how ridiculous is that).

I was only voicing my opinion regarding the problem with the continual tree cutting. And I am sorry if my opinion is not helpful for your thread. But hopefully my opinion is helpful for the tree problem.
My knee jerk reaction and though was oh good, some genius figured out a way to needlessly destroy more trees than we already are. So I voiced my thoughts.

Pris
11th October 2014, 05:25

I was only voicing my opinion regarding the problem with the continual tree cutting. And I am sorry if my opinion is not helpful for your thread. But hopefully my opinion is helpful for the tree problem.
My knee jerk reaction and though was oh good, some genius figured out a way to needlessly destroy more trees than we already are. So I voiced my thoughts.

Okay. You are assuming he is using paper made from trees. He might be. But, it could also be hemp paper... for example.

As for our 'tree problem', that was orchestrated by TPTB. They stopped hemp products (by coming up with a way to make them 'illegal') to avoid competition with their oil industry. And, that only exasperated our 'tree problem'. Of course, power, greed, and corruption -- all within a money-based system created for our enslavement -- by the few (psychopaths) who control the many is the crux of all our problems. But, that's another topic.

Sidney
11th October 2014, 05:36
I couldn't agree with you more!!!

Ilie Pandia
11th October 2014, 07:35
A rambling that may be a bit off topic, but perhaps others will "resonate" with it :)

I saw this title on Avalon today and I though: "How cool is that?! A machine that folds paper into an airplane automatically! That's some creative work right there!".

And so I open the thread an sure enough it is a "machine gun". I go from enthusiasm to: "Why the hell is everybody obsessed with guns these days?!", but I guess would not have been as "cool" if it was a "plane launcher" instead of a "machine gun" right?

Then I read Sidney's comment about the trees and the paper and the obvious issue that show up if this is mass produced and so more trees will be chopped off... Next I think about the oil that got into the plastic of this and the energy that was required to 3D print this stuff and so on... and the war and killing that goes to maintain this oil culture... and how nobody really has a problem with that... And then I realized how it's mostly OK to blow up people in games and chop 'em to pieces (especially if they are from another country) but how it's supper offensive to show images of human genitalia. It's fine to see a beheading, but not a naked protester and so on...

And down the spiral I went with being so angry and judgemental about this whole affair! Hopefully I did not take many of you down with me :becky: (Ops... spoiler alert! :P)

It seems that as long as we agree with this "paradigm of scarcity" will have to hurt someone or something just so we can survive. Of course, that does not make it OK and this is not an argument that it should continue as it is or unchallenged. All that I am saying is that we can look at something and find stuff that we can appreciate about it and separate that from the stuff that is horribly wrong with it!

So in this case, yes, he made a gun, he uses paper, he used plastic and energy to make something has questionable use, but he was creative and solved some interesting mechanical problems with his little gadget here. And my "engineer oriented mind" gets excited and can appreciate that part of the project. I hope it will inspire more "abundance projects" and less "guns" and less "tree chopping" and who knows.. that may actually be the case!

Michael Moewes
11th October 2014, 13:22
ever heard of recicled paper. we here in europe are using them a lot. especially in germany.

Michael Moewes
11th October 2014, 13:28
I agree with you. :cheer2:

A rambling that may be a bit off topic, but perhaps others will "resonate" with it :)

So in this case, yes, he made a gun, he uses paper, he used plastic and energy to make something has questionable use, but he was creative and solved some interesting mechanical problems with his little gadget here. And my "engineer oriented mind" gets excited and can appreciate that part of the project. I hope it will inspire more "abundance projects" and less "guns" and less "tree chopping" and who knows.. that may actually be the case!

Shezbeth
11th October 2014, 16:04
I am nonplussed by the amazement I see toward this device. Kudos the the guy for making it, but it isn't that innovative. It functions similar to an industrial box-folding machine, of which the technological capability has existed for decades.

Additionally, what need does this device respond to? I can see how it could be used to mass-distribute flyers and information,... bully to mass-marketers and 'lost animal' posters, but I fail to see any lingering benefit for the greater population.

devinetly like. please produce a couple millions to deliver to all soldiers in exchange for their rifles

Really? Soldiers of the world, give up your rifles, we have paper airplanes now! :loco:

Pris
11th October 2014, 16:27
I am nonplussed by the amazement I see toward this device. Kudos the the guy for making it, but it isn't that innovative. It functions similar to an industrial box-folding machine, of which the technological capability has existed for decades.

Additionally, what need does this device respond to? I can see how it could be used to mass-distribute flyers and information,... bully to mass-marketers and 'lost animal' posters, but I fail to see any lingering benefit for the greater population.

Really? Soldiers of the world, give up your rifles, we have paper airplanes now! :loco:

You're right, Shezbeth. It's just a stupid device that folds and launches paper airplanes. That's the point. It's cool. Some of us do things just for fun. :)

Agape
11th October 2014, 16:39
:laser:It's a strange world we live in where the 'meaning of paper plane' has to be substantiated or there may be no meaning , a meaning of jest has to be underpinned by profit else there's no meaning of the jest ,
and things 'with meaning' = real rifles and bullets that cost not only billions of yer 'papers' but also your lives are seen as existentially irreplaceable and serious matter of serious people where some place themselves ,

not seeing really that all the 'real weapons' in use are toys for another extremely stupid big boys who in turn see you as a toy too.

No my dear , you or I have no meaning at the end of the bullet point :laser:

P.S. : If you see any 'serious' people around please give me a call on my mobile phone number , no matter the hour , I'm used to pick up emergencies .

:panda:

Pris
11th October 2014, 16:56

Okay. You are assuming he is using paper made from trees. He might be. But, it could also be hemp paper... for example.

As for our 'tree problem', that was orchestrated by TPTB. They stopped hemp products (by coming up with a way to make them 'illegal') to avoid competition with their oil industry. And, that only exasperated our 'tree problem'. Of course, power, greed, and corruption -- all within a money-based system created for our enslavement -- by the few (psychopaths) who control the many is the crux of all our problems. But, that's another topic.

I saw this title on Avalon today and I though: "How cool is that?! A machine that folds paper into an airplane automatically! That's some creative work right there!".

And so I open the thread an sure enough it is a "machine gun". I go from enthusiasm to: "Why the hell is everybody obsessed with guns these days?!", but I guess would not have been as "cool" if it was a "plane launcher" instead of a "machine gun" right?

Then I read Sidney's comment about the trees and the paper and the obvious issue that show up if this is mass produced and so more trees will be chopped off... Next I think about the oil that got into the plastic of this and the energy that was required to 3D print this stuff and so on... and the war and killing that goes to maintain this oil culture... and how nobody really has a problem with that... And then I realized how it's mostly OK to blow up people in games and chop 'em to pieces (especially if they are from another country) but how it's supper offensive to show images of human genitalia. It's fine to see a beheading, but not a naked protester and so on...

And down the spiral I went with being so angry and judgemental about this whole affair! Hopefully I did not take many of you down with me :becky: (Ops... spoiler alert! :P)

It seems that as long as we agree with this "paradigm of scarcity" will have to hurt someone or something just so we can survive. Of course, that does not make it OK and this is not an argument that it should continue as it is or unchallenged. All that I am saying is that we can look at something and find stuff that we can appreciate about it and separate that from the stuff that is horribly wrong with it!

Thanks for your comments, Sydney and Ilie Pandia. This allows me to put into words my concern about the direction this topic has taken.

I'm curious why so many people, who are otherwise rather enlightened, still fall for the guilt trip thing the TPTB lay us us.

They've been manipulating us with guilt tactics for eons. Gee, I can't do this -- it wastes too much paper. I can't do that. It wastes too much plastic. Oh, look how bad we are for still using plastic bags. Don't we care how they end up in the landfill? Hey, and what about that farmer in the Amazon cutting down those trees so he can have a farm and support his family -- let's go after that individual -- he's bad! What's he thinking? Doesn't he care about the rest of the planet?

Meanwhile, TPTB are laughing their a**es off because they engineered the whole bloody mess.

Don't you see? We have to get excited about inventions like this despite the brainwashing we've gone through or else we won't enjoy a damn thing.

We're not supposed to realize this is a world of abundance. In time, manufactured scarcity will be a thing of the past once we kick TPTB to the curb.

Meanwhile, sure, this device is nothing more than a glorified paper feeder (which, I still think is cool regardless of what Shezbeth may think lol). But, see? It got to allow me to express one of my fundamental concerns at how people have jumped on the Green bandwagon -- another form of oppression created by our friendly, neighbourhood PTB.

ps This IS an abundance project. It creates an abundance of paper airplanes! :)

Sidney
11th October 2014, 17:12

Thanks for your comments, Sydney and Ilie Pandia. This allows me to put into words my concern about the direction this topic has taken.

I'm curious why so many people, who are otherwise rather enlightened, still fall for the guilt trip thing the TPTB lay us us.

They've been manipulating us with guilt tactics for eons. Gee, I can't do this -- it wastes too much paper. I can't do that. It wastes too much plastic. Oh, look how bad we are for still using plastic bags. Don't we care how they end up in the landfill? Hey, and what about that farmer in the Amazon cutting down those trees so he can have a farm and support his family -- let's go after that individual -- he's bad! What's he thinking? Doesn't he care about the rest of the planet?

Meanwhile, TPTB are laughing their a**es off because they engineered the whole bloody mess.

Don't you see? We have to get excited about inventions like this despite the brainwashing we've gone through or else we won't enjoy a damn thing.

We're not supposed to realize this is a world of abundance. In time, manufactured scarcity will be a thing of the past once we kick TPTB to the curb.

Meanwhile, sure, this device is nothing more than a glorified paper feeder (which, I still think is cool regardless of what Shezbeth may think lol). But, see? It got to allow me to express one of my fundamental concerns at how people have jumped on the Green bandwagon -- another form of oppression created by our friendly, neighbourhood PTB.

Yep, like most things, there are positives and negatives. I am saddened, when I see locally, trucks of cut trees, being removed from the national forest. The parks, etc. That is my land too. And I am passionate about nature and trees. If, there were bike paths, I would give up my car in a heartbeat. There are no easy answers. Please do not let "green" opinions take your joy away. That is not the purpose of voicing an opinion. True oppression would be if we were not allowed to have an opinion at all.

Pris
11th October 2014, 18:15
Yep, like most things, there are positives and negatives. I am saddened, when I see locally, trucks of cut trees, being removed from the national forest. The parks, etc. That is my land too. And I am passionate about nature and trees. If, there were bike paths, I would give up my car in a heartbeat. There are no easy answers. Please do not let "green" opinions take your joy away. That is not the purpose of voicing an opinion. True oppression would be if we were not allowed to have an opinion at all.

I am saddened by all that, too. But, I'm not going to be guilted into jumping onto their Green bandwagon. That doesn't mean I don't care and I do what I can to make as little negative effect around me as possible.

What bothers me most right now is how those a-holes have us wasting our time fighting small, never ending battles all over the place against the tree-cutter over here, the utility company over there (as if they're in charge lol), blaming our completely inept politicians who simply follow orders from the ruling banking families. It's all nonsense.

Privately owned fiat currency has to go. Creating a people's bank with interest free money would be the first big step to ousting these banking family criminals. The next big step would be eliminating currency and all forms of barter and trade and eliminating all debt. No land ownership etc. This is another subject, but I hope you see where I'm going with this.

Have no fear, your opinions do not take my joy away from appreciating someone's cleverly in-computer-designed-and-built 3D printed working machine gun paper airplane shooter.

Even Cupid has a 'weapon'. He uses his bow to shoot arrows of love into people's hearts.