PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Region Views on Y.T. Video's??Who else is experiencing this?

Roisin
12th October 2014, 01:23
UNKNOWN REGION VIEWS ON VIDEOS??Who else is experiencing this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnQudYlkyE8

Note: I too have been experiencing this wrt You Tube stats on my own You Tube uploads. Any thoughts on this?

Frank V
12th October 2014, 02:17
UNKNOWN REGION VIEWS ON VIDEOS??Who else is experiencing this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnQudYlkyE8

Note: I too have been experiencing this wrt You Tube stats on my own You Tube uploads. Any thoughts on this?

Could be that people were using Tor to get to YouTube. Tor is an anonymizing system. However, given that the Flash video format that is commonly in use on YouTube has its own means of tracking someone's IP address, visiting YouTube by way of Tor is sort of defeating the purpose of Tor.

That said, YouTube is owned by Google, and I find that both YouTube in particular and Google in general have been behaving very erratically over the past couple of days - actually, all week long. Other people have also already noticed irregularities. Either Google has suddenly lost its programming magic and have pushed an upgrade to their systems which doesn't actually work very well, or maybe they are being attacked or scrutinized by the NSA or some other American Supremacy alphabet soup agency. *sour grin* ;-)

Ellisa
12th October 2014, 06:14
That's really odd-- could they be people viewing in countries that do not allow them to access the internet freely? Just a thought!

Sidney
12th October 2014, 06:29
I wonder if people are trying to upload videos of what is really going on with EBOLA, and they don't want the truth out. That seems to be the crisis of the moment.

Roisin
12th October 2014, 06:30
Thanks to those have commented so far on this. I've gotten a few Unknown Region ones that go back a few years now so this is not just a recent thing.

Frank V
12th October 2014, 19:05
That's really odd-- could they be people viewing in countries that do not allow them to access the internet freely? Just a thought!

This is likely, yes, and it is one of the things Tor can be used for. China and North Korea for instance heavily censor their citizens' Internet access.

seehas
12th October 2014, 19:56
That doesnt mean anything at all some subnets arent in youtubes filters the dame thing happend to me when i used an umts mobile line 10years ago i was listed as unknown.

Thats nothing to worry about ;)

and tor does just mean that you gain a new ip from another country from another normal provider, using tor doesnt mean u are listed as unknow .