PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts and Thanks to the Mods and Administration

RunningDeer
19th October 2014, 14:59
I’ve lost count of how many time I’ve wanted to express “a day in the life of administration and mods”. How they keep this forum humming.

I was a mod-in-training for a brief, brief, BRIEF stint. I had the chance to go through the files, i.e. the communications between the team, and the members requests and concerns. Many a time, I’d have said, “You're outta here.” Rather, what I learned was the Mods and Administration understand everyone has blind spots. They create space for each to grow.

For the life of me, I wonder how they do it. How they express in a fashion of eloquence, patience, and precision of message for us and the outgoing member(s). And at times, they take the jabs and barbs from those unaware of the running, documented history.

It was then I realized the monumental task the team lives. I realized I had a long way to go with compassion and tolerance they exhibit daily, sometimes moment to moment, and post to post. I still wonder how they maintain forum duties, and live life, and continue to bang out informative and thought provoking posts.

Avalon’s got a cohesive, loving family back there. I send a simple, but powerfully felt thanks to you All.

Love,
Paula <3

http://avalonlibrary.net/paula/Zen/favoriteflowers_zpsa4227f24.JPG

GoodETxSG
19th October 2014, 15:10
Here... Here... Totally Agree, Not an easy job with the people they have to protect and balance the flow of conversation...

Realeyes
19th October 2014, 15:43
Well said Runningdeer!

I would just like to add what the mods actions over these years have inspired in me to aspire to.

How the mods allow each person to grow into their own unique understandings,

recognising we all have different stories from our different soul journeys.

They are patient,

Wise and selflessy supportive to anyone who asks.

In times where balance is needed they lovingly steer,

while allowing the personal growth of each individual to find their own wisdom, sort out their own buisness and unfold their own natural blossoming.

That is what I call Future mind and where humanities future is heading - and it all begins with each one of us walking such examples of balance.

So I finish this post in saying a BIG thank you to the mods for inspiring me, and showing me by their own examples how a balanced communication can exist between us all. :love:

http://charityideas.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/happinessphoto.jpg

Debra
19th October 2014, 15:45
Beautifully written Paula :luv::luv:

I have just trawled through a thread with a lot of difficult curve balls being thrown .. I really appreciate how you describe how the mods always give members the space to grow. That was lovely :)

HERE HERE !

Mercedes
19th October 2014, 16:27
I’ve lost count of how many time I’ve wanted to express “a day in the life of administration and mods”. How they keep this forum humming.

I was a mod-in-training for a brief, brief, BRIEF stint. I had the chance to go through the files, i.e. the communications between the team, and the members requests and concerns. Many a time, I’d have said, “Your outta here to a member.” Rather, what I learned was the Mods and Administration understand everyone has blind spots. They create space for each to grow.

For the life of me, I wonder how they do it. How they express in a fashion of eloquence, patience, and precision of message for us and the outgoing member(s). And at times, they take the jabs and barbs from those unaware of the running, documented history.

It was then I realized the monumental task the team lives. I realized I had a long way to go with compassion and tolerance they exhibit daily, sometimes moment to moment, and post to post. I still wonder how they maintain forum duties, and live life, and continue to bang out informative and thought provoking posts.

Avalon’s got a cohesive, loving family back there. I send a simple, but powerfully felt thanks to you All.

Love,
Paula <3

http://avalonlibrary.net/paula/Zen/favoriteflowers_zpsa4227f24.JPG

Soooo sooo true. Equally, I acknowledge their great valor in the every day dealings with us a bunch of VERY VERY different kind of humans. BIG THANK YOU!!

Camilo
19th October 2014, 16:42
Great thread Paula. Perhaps because you were there, you were able to see first hand all it takes to be one, and how demanding that duty is. My appreciation and thanks to all the mods.

sheme
19th October 2014, 16:47
I agree the hardest job. one I would never wish for. How ever- I also really appreciate your abilities Running dear- you are the salve that defuses many situations, I thank you for this.

Sstarss
19th October 2014, 17:30
Lovely Runningdeer....you would be a wonderful moderator, maybe one day you will change your mind....
Let me take this moment and thread, to thank all the administrators, moderators, greeters, and Avalon family, it is a privilege to be part of this community.
My heartfelt thank you.

RunningDeer
19th October 2014, 17:36
I agree the hardest job. one I would never wish for. How ever- I also really appreciate your abilities Running dear- you are the salve that defuses many situations, I thank you for this.

http://avalonlibrary.net/paula/Recovered/Sheme2_zps32d9556d.JPG

Paula <3

onawah
19th October 2014, 17:42
The learning and growth curve on Avalon is very steep, even just for members.
It would take a lot of courage just to contemplate taking on a Mod's duties.
I applaud you for making the attempt, Paula, but I think I can understand why you backed down, too!
I knowI would have to clear my life of many current priorities before even considering that.
I second your sentiments and very grateful thanks to the Admin and Mods.
Even when their job is to hang us out to dry, they manage to do it with wisdom and compassion, and even a sense of humor.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFHKDnHNdsrwvIDCHPmUMtBXu1uRshV XWQiFUA-Q95yVWkBxpx

Tesla_WTC_Solution
19th October 2014, 19:16
It is very rare to see ambition and service come together the way it does on Avalon.
Thanks for this thread. I know that our mods are some of the most patient people around.
What's your dark secret? lol

sigma6
20th October 2014, 00:39
I think things have been running so smoothly I almost forget that they are there!... that is the pinnacle of efficiency... accolades to the mods. Not to be taken for granted...

Who was it that said ... "Discretion is the better part of valour" ?

...an almost forgotten saying in our world today...

Hazel
20th October 2014, 01:06
It is very rare to see ambition and service come together the way it does on Avalon.
Thanks for this thread. I know that our mods are some of the most patient people around.
What's your dark secret? lol

Chuckle! No dark secrets Tesla...

As a 'Trainee Moderator', I can fully vouch for all of Running Deers observations and appreciation of the nature of what happens behind the scenes. The qualitative operations of the Mod' Team is due to the honouring of the values of collaboration, consensus, individual experiential wisdom and large doses of Trust in good humoured honesty.
Bill and Paul hold the rudder, having us navigate with the ethics of due care and precision...

I feel grateful each day for this opportunity I was given for much learning and personal growth... and am finding much humility in my awe at the constancy, consistency, due diligence, respect and compassion that is shown for each Forum member. When situations of complexity and challenges arise, lengthy deliberations, research and discussion ensue... sometimes for hours, sometimes for days, even weeks before the final decision on a matter is made.

If anyone had any doubts, allay your fears.. 'we' have a seriously dedicated and hard working, 'kick-arse' team of
Heart n' Soul Intelligence that has your back(s), whatever may come!

Dennis Leahy
20th October 2014, 02:18
Great thread, Paula!

I too wore those shoes here for a bit (bowed out when I was compelled to research, compile, collaborate on, edit, and publish The Reset Button document and create its web site.)

Paula's observation is astute; there are no mods at Project Avalon wielding machetes (like many forums), but rather a group of the most sincere, caring, loving, compassionate, intelligent, funny, and intuitive souls I have had the pleasure to hang out with. I'd be honored to live with them all as housemates. We are extremely lucky that the Universe assembled this group here at this time.

Moderators: Bill Ryan; Billy; christian; Christine; Hazel; Ilie Pandia; Jake; Jeffrey; karelia; Kristin; Marianne; Murray; Paul; Sierra;

In addition, there is a cluster of "greeters" that have been such a loving, giving group, with an emphasis on working with new members to help them feel comfortable and to navigate the forum.

Greeters: AlaBil; Davidallany; GloriousPoetry; heretogrow; Marin; Ron Mauer Sr; soleil; Spiral of Light; ulli; WhiteFeather;

And yes, Paula (RunningDeer) may not have a title, but she has been glue and salve, cheerleader and healer in the forum as well.

Take a bow, my friends! :~)

Dennis

Limor Wolf
20th October 2014, 03:05
At times with so few words - joining everyone here with deepest gratitude and thanks for a choir that gather with varied voices and manage to perform so well. As been said, there is a true sense of CARING and partnership for community, members and for truth, many times done with humor and delicacy and the reverberation is so well felt ~ Each 'singer' in this team brings his/her own personal touch and allows it to radiate forward.

It was inspired by Bill Ryan who confer his morals and vision and love for humanity and human beings, carried by Christine, Paul, Ilie Pandia, Billy, Christian, Jake, Karelia, Kristin, Marianne, Murray, Sierra, Hazel and Jeffery

Thank you from the heart :luv:

And to you, RunningDear, for your ever most graceful touch ~

Hazel
20th October 2014, 03:07
I'd like to add Limor to Dennis's list... for she is a highly intelligent beacon. Deeply attuned to the suffering in Mankind and the undertones of dark agendas, she is an intuitively dedicated minor for Truth and has long been a constant guiding star on the Forum.
A Go to Woman, for the depth charge into matters...

We are incredibly fortunate to have her amongst us as a model of unerring courage, generosity, humour and determination!

RunningDeer
20th October 2014, 03:53
I'd like to add Limor to Dennis's list... for she is a highly intelligent beacon. Deeply attuned to the suffering in Mankind and the undertones of dark agendas, she is an intuitively dedicated minor for Truth and has long been a constant guiding star on the Forum.

We are incredibly fortunate to have her amongst us as a model of unerring courage, generosity, humour and determination!

Dang… can’t seem to find the words. So, here’s a :bump: and a big Yup in agreement, Hazel.

Often, I’m blown away by both Dennis and Limor’s knowledge base, higher thought processes, and the ability to express. So much so, that I’d swear I feel my telomeres doing yoga stretches. And I hear the snap, crackle and pops going on up there.

Paula <3

PS You added my favorite lighthouse. Here's another.

http://avalonlibrary.net/paula/Lighthouses/15.JPG

Bill Ryan
20th October 2014, 04:08

Amen to that! THANK YOU, all, for your very kind words. The mods work between them maybe 20-30 unpaid (and often unacknowledged and invisible) person-hours per day — sometimes MANY more — in overlapping time zones from California to Australia.

It's kinda hard to count. The jobs include routine housekeeping, helping new members, reviewing applications, dealing with problems and sensitivities, handling security issues, answering PMs, and sometimes we even get to ponder the occasional mysterious intrigue. (Don't ask! :) )

There are others in the expanded (and informal) team, of course... which is quite undefined and totally 'unofficial'. Besides all the Greeters, among them are all those who've ever been a Moderator and taken a break from the demanding role, old friends like Dennis and Limor, GoodETxSG, Amzer Zo, buares, ulli, Marin, Paula (RunningDeer) herself, and way too many others to name, including a very able and committed team of healers who are doing remarkable work behind the scenes. (Some of their videos have been published by Christine, who kind of co-ordinates that group.)

This expanded team, numbering in all something around 30-40, is the finest group of people it's ever been my privilege to work with. You all know who you are! If your name is not mentioned here in passing, that means nothing. It's impossible to define the boundaries or to list all those who help and support, in a myriad of ways. All of you, reading this, help make the forum what it is.

:)

Callista
20th October 2014, 05:20
Dear All

I sent an email to Bill Ryan yesterday concerning the Mods and the wonderful work they do and in light of this thread appearing today, Bill asked me if I would share this with you. Here it is:

Hello Bill

I just wanted to let you know that I am thoroughly enjoying the Project Avalon Forum. I have looked into other forums in the past and have always been put off by the lack of respect that members have for each other. I am very impressed by the Moderators on the Project Avalon forum - they do a wonderful job of keeping things on track and it provides a safer place for people to express themselves. Thank you to all involved!

We just watched the latest video cast from David Icke and he mentions this lack of respect for others' opinions in forums and blogs and other places where we should be all pulling together and supporting each other. I feel the Avalon community does just that.

Thank you Avalon Community

Callista :cheer2:

chocolate
20th October 2014, 07:47
Thank you, Sierra. <3

Thank you, Paula (RunningDeer).

Becky
20th October 2014, 08:28
I have been a moderator on 2 forums in the past for several years before I went to work, so I know what goes on behind the scenes and how hard it can be to make the right decision about any one of a big range of issues that arises. Even harder on a spiritual forum where people will have sometimes opposing points of view, or misunderstandings can happen between members.
Thank you so much mods and greeters and everyone else for the work and contributions you make to enable this forum to be simply the best. It's the only forum I visit now and it feels like a second home to me, with familiar members names feeling like family.
With gratitude, love and blessings,
Becky x

MalteseKnight
20th October 2014, 20:09
I have to say that there in many of the Project Avalon threads there appears to be a refined level of educated and respectful debate. A great deal of credit goes to the Mods. I hazard that there will come a time (say a forty, fifty or a hundred years from now if the internet still exists and has not fizzled out of existence as a result of a coronal mass ejection induced EMP:behindsofa:) when some of the threads will be viewed as valuable classics in their own right. As an aside you never know perhaps future historians will prefer to refer to Project Camelot interviews, instead of mainstream BBC, FOX News and CNN broadcasts in their attempts to understand the Zeitgeist of this transitional epoch:clock:.....

M.K.

WhiteFeather
21st October 2014, 13:11
Yes Much Asquali (Thanks) to this fantastic Avalon Mothership that's stationed around Mother Earth. Paula, Ulli, Limor, Dennis, Calz, GripReaper, Gio etc. and many others whom i have not mentioned but know who you are, are the Ice Cubes in this Glass that makes the drink more satisfying. Kudos to All. As for myself I found a warm home aboard this Mothership and extend my gratitude to all its members, mods, admins and those special people that make the beverage more quenching. Indeed such a great home here.

And we do live in most incredible and enlightening times, so please don't give up Peeps, we are almost there. Remember what you signed up for. To shift this baby. ;)

<~~We are all 1 tribe~~>

W.f.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yKxXo75wXk

ulli
21st October 2014, 13:27
Bill's secret lies in his compassion and extreme tolerance.
And ultimately this forum is made in Bill's image.
He has principles and integrity, and his views are all-encompassing.
When dissent springs up he consults with others about how to handle it and gives dissenters a lot of rope.
Always allows for a process of consultation.
Since my earlier search for spiritually like-minded people always ended because one or several of these elements were missing, and even the WingMakers' community failed me as there was no moderation on their forums, I am pleased to say "I'm still here!!"
The real balance in life is to have connections to one's roots, as well as shoot for the sky.
This forum allows for both.

Sidney
21st October 2014, 14:38
I would like to Chime in here. As participating for a very short period on the MOD team, I can not express in any words, the amount of gratitude I have for that opportunity and the appreciation that I feel for this place in its entirety, and for each one of the moderators. At that point in time, I was psychically attacked, coming from many directions, and also have had many problems with my health, and also in my personal life, which presented me with the inability to be able to openly communicate, in the ways that I felt were concise and/or sufficient enough to be worthy of being on the team. My moods, seem to be rather unpredictable, and fussy much of the time, but I forever have a warm spot in my heart for each and every staff member, although because of spiritual attacks, I was forced to go into a (social hiding, for lack of a better words), but without this forum, and all the people in it, my heightened state of awareness would not be where it is.
Avalon is the best forum on the internet BECAUSE of the high class of moderation. I have been on other forums, and when there is quality moderation lacking, well, intelligent conversations quickly turn into a pile of trash. And that is putting it mildly.
Not everyone, will agree with the decisions of the mods, all the time. There is what one person calls wrong, someone else calls right, and 99% grey area in between. Its important to understand the ability, to see insight, to another persons perspective, and that insight is what can put a bridge between two different perspectives. I am still learning the art of that on a daily basis. :)
Being a MOD here, is (at times) very much like parenting. The best AND hardest job on earth, because it does indeed include placing discipline of sorts on the people we love. And it is NEVER easy, and ALWAYS painful. I find it incredibly important, that when you see a mod with their "hat on", remember that they do so with a heavy heart, and the ultimate goal is a loving, safe place to share. Nothing is EVER written in black and white.
So with all of that said,
To Bill and the entire Mod team, thank you, for being you! You are Loved
With HUGS, and GRATITUDE

Sidney:wub::grouphug: