PDA

View Full Version : Use baking soda to de-acidify your body and beat Viral infections, cancer , maybe even ebola

jerry
20th October 2014, 03:41
This was a new one for me sounds harmless and may actually help .The use of baking soda to aid in the prevention and cure of viral illnesses and cancer. The Doc has a website for any interested. Its talked about in this video around the 25 minute mark . Anyone familiar with this treatment or can verify it helps ? just wanted to throw it out there see where it goes. dNpYmUVxhyE

20th October 2014, 05:40
Hi Jerry,

There are a lot of threads here on baking soda -alkalizing the body and its remedies. I drink it mixed in water three times a week and take a lot of vitamin C in two different forms twice a day. I rarely get sick.
It's best to keep the body at an alkaline state. Its much healthier and if you do get sick the body will heal faster. Eating foods that are alkaline like green leafy vegetables, most fruits and staying away from acidic foods -anything processed, red meat and pork help to alkalize the body too.

Dr. Tullio Simoncini website: He is the expert on cancer treatment with baking soda.
http://www.curenaturalicancro.com/en/

Whitefeather has a thread on baking soda and alkaline foods.
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?75716-Alkaline-Foods--Ph--and-The-Prevention-of-Ailments

and another thread with good information on baking soda http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?75164-Cancer-is-a-Fungus.-And-there-is-a-cure-for-nearly-every-cancer-wich-the-big-pharmaindustry-likes-to-hide-actively.&highlight=baking+soda

Love

Nora

sigma6
20th October 2014, 09:53
I think alkalizing is important, but haven't read a satisfactory article (i.e. haven't looked that hard, but nothing has jumped out at me, so I suspect it is not a simple topic...) on the mechanism of how it works in the body that translates into a broad practical application.

In particular I am thinking of some raw foods like lemons and tomatoes, which are acidic, but can have an alkalizing effect. i.e. there is something more complex going on... Personally I am not a big fan of drinking alkalizing water, except maybe in a case of getting immediate load of alkalinity into the body very quickly, since the direct introduction into a gut is going to neutralize digestive acids, and studies that claim it is effective are confounded because they are also eating a healthy diet... (i.e cutting out cheese and dairy and red meat and wine, etc) so that the results regarding the water itself isn't conclusive enough for me...

That said, I think taking some baking soda with water can be done therapeutically (like don't try to eat anything heavy immediately before and after) And there is baking soda and molasses, similar to the sugar and 100% pure gum turpentine therapeutically. Going after microbes and viral type organisms is always tricky.

Octavusprime
20th October 2014, 14:52
I really am having a huge issue with the whole Alkaline diet. All food enters the stomach, which is a huge acid producing organ. The stomach adjusts the amount of acid released based on how much is needed "amount eaten, acidity of food, etc). For this reason things like milk or even tums are generally bad for those with ulcers or acid indigestion. In this case there is temporary relief from the acid in the stomach destroying the stomachs lining but in the long run more acid is released to neutralize the base (milk/tums).

So in short, if you drink a bunch of baking soda your stomach is going to make more acid. The stomach will not allow anything to bypass the stomach without being "treated". The body is amazing at keeping itself in balance.

Now some are going to say that eating an alkaline diet will keep the blood alkaline which is also false. The blood has a very narrow PH range and the body will go through great lengths to keep as such. Death results from out of spec blood PH. Baking soda can help if the body is in a state of acidosis (lacking Sodium and/or bicarbonate ions) but this is very rare.

So I ask. How does eating alkaline food effect the body? I'm open to any information that describes how this works. So far I haven't read any real evidence for how this works in the body.

Please know that taking large amounts of sodium bicarb can be harmful to a healthy individual:

"Adverse reactions to the administration of sodium bicarbonate can include metabolic alkalosis, edema due to sodium overload, congestive heart failure, hyperosmolar syndrome, hypervolemic hypernatremia, and hypertension due to increased sodium. In patients consuming a high-calcium or dairy-rich diet, calcium supplements, or calcium-containing antacids such as calcium carbonate (e.g., Tums), the use of sodium bicarbonate can cause milk-alkali syndrome, which can result in metastatic calcification, kidney stones, and kidney failure."

I'm all for home remedies but sometimes these "cure all's" and daily regimes seem too good to be true. Probably because they are.

Cheers,

Octavusprime

sheme
20th October 2014, 15:11
http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/dig14.php This may explain a few things for you, I have used lemon juice to cure my heartburn depending what it is caused by -rhubarb indegestion is always fixed for me with lemon juice.

A Voice from the Mountains
21st October 2014, 03:11
I really am having a huge issue with the whole Alkaline diet. All food enters the stomach, which is a huge acid producing organ.

I have to agree with sigma6 and Octavusprime.I began to drink baking soda in water and I stopped very soon after because I could feel that it wasn't doing good things for me and I started doing more research on it, because taking baking soda and the whole alkaline vs acidic thing is actually a pretty complicated debate.

As Octavus says, your stomach produces a lot of very strong acid to digest your food and kill anything potentially harmful in it. This is healthy and normal. When you eat or drink baking soda, the first thing it does is neutralize the acid in your stomach. When the doctor in Italy was giving baking soda to people with cancer, he was injecting it straight into the tumors and bypassing the digestive system entirely.

So the run down is something like this for me....

- The stomach produces very strong acid
- The skin is supposed to be slightly acidic
- The blood is supposed to be slightly alkaline

And for other parts of the body, the optimal pH levels change...

Your body is self-regulating in this regard and you shouldn't need to take things like baking soda or vinegar or anything else to try to move your pH up or down. If you just eat lots of raw vegetables, juiced for example, you'll get lots of nutrients already and your body can take it from there. As others have pointed out, you can eat acidic foods and your body turns them alkaline in a safe and natural way.

Mike Gorman
21st October 2014, 08:11
I drink 1.5 teaspoons in a glass of water before bed each night - it has cured my acid reflux syndrome without needing proton pump medications,
it has improved my overall health. I also take 5,000 IU's of vitamin D3 per day - I am 56 years old and have not had a flu or cold or any kind of infection in at least 5 years (touch wood)
so something is boosting my immune system.

Woody
21st October 2014, 09:07
I started taking baking soda a few weeks ago 1 teaspoon twice per day in orange juice.
After 5 days started to get unpleasant symptoms of needing to pass urine multiple times during the day and night.
So decided to stop and flush my system out with water for a couple of days incase I had damaged the ph balance of my system.
After a few days all back to normal.
Maybe I was taking too much?

Regards,
Woody

MorningFox
21st October 2014, 09:10
Taking it in orange juice sounds like a bizarre thing to do. What on earth made you take it in highly acidic orange juice?

Woody
21st October 2014, 09:13
Taking it in orange juice sounds like a bizarre thing to do. What on earth made you take it in highly acidic orange juice?

I mixed it with a small amount of orange juice to disguise the horrible taste.
I suppose it does sound bizarre trying to disguise the taste. Lol

Regards,
Woody

MorningFox
21st October 2014, 09:44
Well it sounds bizarre because the purpose of drinking it is for its alkalising effect, so drinking it with one of the most acidic drinks available doesn't sound like a good idea.

Personally I don't mind the taste, it's only ever so salty, but you can mix it with some molasses or honey (in water) if the taste is a real problem.

Skyhaven
21st October 2014, 09:50
I am not saying this is true or isn't true, judge for yourself:

7O6GhVCvVgE

Woody
21st October 2014, 11:06
Well it sounds bizarre because the purpose of drinking it is for its alkalising effect, so drinking it with one of the most acidic drinks available doesn't sound like a good idea.

Personally I don't mind the taste, it's only ever so salty, but you can mix it with some molasses or honey (in water) if the taste is a real problem.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,
Woody

jerry
24th October 2014, 03:46
Thanks everyone for the comments and feedback. Glad I posted this as I feel much more educated on this topic.

onawah
24th October 2014, 04:53
Dr. Sircus ( who is featured in the video in the first post of this thread) is actually a member of this forum, though not an active one. He joined at my invitation, which I issued because I have read a lot of his information, and think he is on the right track when it comes to natural healing.
He has written a lot about baking soda. See:http://drsircus.com/medicine/sodium-bicarbonate-baking-soda
There are more vids by him on youtube as well.

I have been having an issue with candida, which thrives in an acid environment, especially in my mouth since most of my teeth were pulled.
Whenever I eat anything sweetened with sugar or even honey, my gums get inflamed and it's very uncomfortable.
I don't eat a lot of sweets anymore, but when I do, I've found taking about 1/8 of a teaspoon of baking soda and keeping it in my mouth for a few minutes before drinking it down with water really helps.
I've also been adding about 1/4 of a teaspoon to each gallon of drinking water, and I like the way it feels.
I also add some to my bath water along with Epsom salts and take a good long soak, which also feels very good,and is supposed to give the body a good dose of magnesium, which most of us are deficient in these days, apparently.

chocolate
24th October 2014, 08:06
Dr. Sircus ( who is featured in the video in the first post of this thread) is actually a member of this forum, though not an active one. He joined at my invitation, which I issued because I have read a lot of his information, and think he is on the right track when it comes to natural healing.
He has written a lot about baking soda. See:http://drsircus.com/medicine/sodium-bicarbonate-baking-soda
There are more vids by him on youtube as well.

I have been having an issue with candida, which thrives in an acid environment, especially in my mouth since most of my teeth were pulled.
Whenever I eat anything sweetened with sugar or even honey, my gums get inflamed and it's very uncomfortable.
I don't eat a lot of sweets anymore, but when I do, I've found taking about 1/8 of a teaspoon of baking soda and keeping it in my mouth for a few minutes before drinking it down with water really helps.
I've also been adding about 1/4 of a teaspoon to each gallon of drinking water, and I like the way it feels.
I also add some to my bath water along with Epsom salts and take a good long soak, which also feels very good,and is supposed to give the body a good dose of magnesium, which most of us are deficient in these days, apparently.
-->

7O6GhVCvVgE

I think you should listen to this interview, onawah.

onawah
25th October 2014, 04:27
Here is Dr. Sircus's response to that video from his Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/drsircus/posts/630915240265691

Dr. Sircus
August 2, 2013 ∑
Sodium Bicarbonate Bashing Continues Unabated
This video, by so called medical and health experts, does a great disservice to humanity though sodium bicarbonate bashing is nothing new. Max Gersonís daughter has done it and so do mainstream cancer organizations because to them itís an abomination to think that something so simple, safe and inexpensive could possibly treat cancer.
The medical expert James Sloan said we need C02/carbonic acid to maintain the blood vessels in an open state. That's correct and that is maintained by SLOW breathing not just any kind of breathing. The slower you breathe the more CO2 is retained so more O2 gets to the cells because, for one reason, the blood vessels are open. That is exactly what happens when you take sodium bicarbonate. It increases CO2/carbonates in the blood.
What this video misses completely is when you take sodium bicarbonate orally it turns to CO2 in the stomach which actually stimulates stomach acid secretion and this process drives the bicarbonates into the blood.
Yes many people are deficient in stomach acid but the video forgets to mention bicarbonate deficiencies, which increase as we age and the more we live in polluted urban centers. Bicarbonate deficiencies are addressed with sodium bicarbonate as well as potassium bicarbonate, calcium bicarbonate and now magnesium bicarbonate.
Telling people that drinking alkaline water or sodium bicarbonate wipes out your stomach acid is misleading because the only time that happens is when you take bicarbonate with meals, which you are not supposed to do. Bicarbonate increases stomach acid production because the stomach reacts to the increased presence of bicarbonate/carbon dioxide.
No one in their right mind, medically speaking, speaks out about sodium bicarbonate in a negative sense because there is easily a hundred years of clinical experience about its usefulness. Sodium bicarbonate medicine affords humanity with an inexpensive way to treat themselves of many problems including the flu. This video does humanity a great disservice.
Yes high alkaline water is worthless if, and only if, it does not have much alkalinity! What gives alkaline water its alkalinity? Magnesium and bicarbonate!! Water from ionizers without minerals in the water is just an expensive way to get some extra electrons but this is no reason to put down a helpful form of medicine.

Not being a chemist or doctor, I have to go with my own experience, which is that taking baking soda orally really helps to keep inflammation in my mouth under control, and I am having no adverse effects from that in my digestive system, either. Taking epsom salt and baking soda soaks also feels great.

chocolate
25th October 2014, 09:10
I have had some similar to your problems, onawah, which I managed to resolve in ways other than drinking baking soda.
I thought my mother the same tricks, and she feels better now, having gone through ulcers and other digestive issues.
I couldn't manage to get across my dad's opinion, and he is in much more severe health situation. According to him herbs are just not serious.

My grand grand father used to drink a lot of alcohol, and had ulcers, for which he was drinking lots of baking soda. But he was also really active, carpenter, and he died out of a brain stroke.

The baking soda cure is not anything new.

And ... healing is an energy (state), not a one particular thing.

elearah
27th October 2014, 14:14
I use baking soda for many things--buy it by the pound. It is a miracle worker.

I use it instead of deodorant, it is super efficient and I avoid sending poisons right to the mammary glands.
I use to to wash my hair (rinsing later on with white vinegar) when I donīt have the hibiscus decoction at hand.
I use it to wash normal clothes--again rinsing with vinegar. The washing machine loves it.
I use it to wash dishes by hand instead of detergent, and for cleaning pretty much anything in the house.
The alkaline environment is great to kill pathogens in the mouth, so it makes a good non fluoride mouth wash.

Now... like MorningFox said, maybe to take it orally might not the best way to go. We need the highly acidic environment in the stomach or we get harming bacteria in it.
The way it works is in combination with an acid. For example: baking soda and lemon is great for stomach issues, and energy in general.

This principle repeats in many other substances, you put an acid with a base, and get free charges. The body LOVES the charges.

For example, when you research the vitamin C widely spread healing abilities, it is not in the form of ascorbic acid, but ascorbate that holds the key--which forms combining ascorbic acid with sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). The result are ions, those hold the power, and later on salt+water.

The people who cured cancer based in sodium bicarbonate taking it orally always include an acid in the mix, like honey, or maple syrup.

Same thing is behind MMS (I use this one for anything bug related and for energy).

What I think that happens is that the body uses the charges to structure water. Simple but powerful.

There is a difference to note though: one thing is to consider the substances that are acidic or alkaline in themselves, and another one is the kinds of processes they provoke in the body and how they will affect the interstitial water charges and the blood (charges correlate with ph).