PDA

View Full Version : T.V. is a powerful tool ! S T O P watching the news for a week ... Tell me how you feel now and after ...

Nat_Lee
23rd October 2014, 05:30
Hi everyone,

Would you be able to do this exercise with me ?

S T O P watching the news for a week !

Only one Week ....

Comment here how you feel now ! those days ...

After a week without it, comment back and see if you have noticed something in your well beingness (inside)...

As for me !
I'M feeling very good but I have heard about militaries being killed in my country by random people in two different cities miles away from each other .... This sound like a scenario from Hollywood to me .... I wonder if they are doing it to prepare us for something else .... So i'm not feeling very well because instead of creating, I have spent time watching and thinking what, why and how for all day !!! This is intrusive aggression direct in my own house without asking permission .... I feel violated ... Sorry and RIP, if those people have been killed for real but the hole stories are so dark ....

I don't watch the news often and as soon as I decide to watch it there is always something there that hits me in the soul !!!

I will stay focus and connected and I will not watch the new the hole week ...

I'm giving you an exercise to do to help you to connect with all:

Si down
Close your eyes
Deep breath until you feel relax
Imagine a white light starting from the infinite and piercing your body then continue and touch the center of the earth and continue to radiate down until the infinity.
Grow this light and let it circulate in you and through all that exists, like the blood flowing in your veins. Imagine the light flowing in you and around you. An exchange between you and the infinite, the universe ...
Imagine that this white light is LOVE and all that is becomes love, including you, including everything, everything, everything!

Do this instead of watching the news for a week .....

Give me the news from YOU !!!

:)

RUSirius
23rd October 2014, 05:33
Just so happens I'm on day three, I'll share. Does it count that I'm listening to nice music though?

ghostrider
23rd October 2014, 05:39
the news is only there to make you angry ... I quit TV news six months ago ...

Nat_Lee
23rd October 2014, 05:41
Just so happens I'm on day three, I'll share. Does it count that I'm listening to nice music though?

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss !

Good music is So good !
Go for it shure ! :)

Nat_Lee
23rd October 2014, 05:44

Good for you !

I'm not a fan and never buy the news paper ....
My boyfriend and all family are watching so I get hit sometimes ....

We are on a good path !

Lets continue to watch less and less and bring others to understand how it is powerful and help them to stop to eventually :)

RUSirius
23rd October 2014, 06:02

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss !

Good music is So good !
Go for it shure ! :)

Ok, great. What I can say thus far, is things are better, its a good experience, I'll share more as I conclude more.

andrewgreen
23rd October 2014, 07:56
Haven't watched the new in nearly a year, like any receiver we only have a certain bandwidth and its best not to fill it up with garbage. Only 'problem' is your general views become less and less acceptable to 'normal' society, but I guess that has to be a positive.

CarnageCandy
23rd October 2014, 08:16
i rarely do because it makes me so angry...:/

Skyhaven
23rd October 2014, 10:03
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/BeyondtheOsiris/download2_zps2815ab37.jpg

Nat_Lee
23rd October 2014, 13:22
Haven't watched the new in nearly a year, like any receiver we only have a certain bandwidth and its best not to fill it up with garbage. Only 'problem' is your general views become less and less acceptable to 'normal' society, but I guess that has to be a positive.

Yes they are talking to you about those news and you say: ''No I have no clue, I rarely watch the news'' and there eyes are shooting you soooooooooo many questions .....
Usually they are asking me something like this: ''aren't you interested in your society ?''
I feel the pressure and what I do and say is: ''I watch it once in a while but anyways their is always a place were I will have no choice to ear the news or see the news even if I don't buy news papers... They are everywhere ! So what is the point to sit down every night and going over and over again something I have already seen or ear randomly during the day ?

Me to I feel more positive when I watch less news and if we could all do it the world would be a better place for sure !

I have herd somewhere that the news are ''The new Hollywood'' and I'm totally believing it :) Stories are being made up to influence the society ... Not EVERYTHING ... But In my own opinion I'll say 80% of the biggest official, news from the government, municipalities, big corporations, Bank, are Fake....

sorry i miss some words i'm not perfect in English ... thank to the automatic corrector :)

Joe Sustaire
23rd October 2014, 13:41
Well I stopped a few years back when they changed the method of broadcast. I'm in the boonies but could get 2 of the 3 networks and the pbs channel. When they changed I lost all reception. Even going to the most powerful grade of new antenna left me marginal at best for one channel and pbs, so I said to heck with it.

And yes, life has been so much more pleasant!

I still see the headlines on yahoo when I log on to the internet, but very rarely am I even interested in checkin out the latest headlines. Life indeed becomes more "real", my immediate surroundings, spirit, and the people I personally come into contact with.

So I guess I owe a big thank you to the "system" that decided to divorce me from their system! ;)

naste.de.lumina
23rd October 2014, 13:49
More than two years without watching TV.

http://www.richardcassaro.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/slave.jpg

“The dumbing down …occurs in the brain when we watch television. Activity in the higher brain regions (such as the neo-cortex) is diminished, while activity in the lower brain regions (such as the limbic system) increases. The latter, commonly referred to as the reptile brain, is associated with more primitive mental functions, such as the “fight or flight” response. The reptile brain is unable to distinguish between reality and the simulated reality of television. To the reptile brain, if it looks real, it is real. Thus, though we know on a conscious level it is “only a film,” on a conscious level we do not―the heart beats faster, for instance, while we watch a suspenseful scene. Similarly, we know the commercial is trying to manipulate us, but on an unconscious level the commercial nonetheless succeeds in, say, making us feel inadequate until we buy whatever thing is being advertised―and the effect is all the more powerful because it is unconscious, operating on the deepest level of human response. The reptile brain makes it possible for us to survive as biological beings, but it also leaves us vulnerable to the manipulations of television programmers. This is where the manipulators use our own emotions as strings to control us. The distortions and directions we are being moved to are taking place in the subconscious, often undetected.”
―Alex Ansary, Mass Mind Control Through Network Television

Television is designed to make us feel negative emotions and feelings, such as:
FEAR
ANGER
HATE
DISTRUST
CONTEMPT
WORRY
STRESS
INFERIORITY
RESENTMENT
SUFFERING

Spiral of Light
23rd October 2014, 16:05
Good advice Nat_Lee. I haven't watched the news for about 5 years. Tossed the TV out at the same time. The resulting peace of mind and sense of harmony has been well worth it.

There are lots of other ways to find out the 'real' news. I can check the internet, or someone will tell me what they just heard on Mainstream Media, so I'm never totally out of touch.

I have a large screen monitor that I can connect to my laptop for the downloading of good movies. I don't feel deprived at all.

TargeT
23rd October 2014, 18:00
so.. I'm 7 years into this, maybe I need to go back to watching TV so I can remember what it's like; I have a vague sense that it was very involving. It definitely seemed like it guided your thinking.

good exercise, but I say at the end of the prescribed period... just don't go back, you aren't missing anything (well at least I don't feel like I am) especially if you have access to the interwebs.

Michael Moewes
23rd October 2014, 18:41
Five years ago my receiver broke down. and I stopped watching tv completely. I neither consume any kind of newspaper as they all tell lies. I listen to some independend radio what keeps me updated. but as it turned out I'm spending much more time withe the good things in life, from time to time i go and watch a movie in the cinema because I like the big screen without stupid comercial brakes.
The TV is a brainwashing machine put on us to keep us controled. I see it everyday in my job the difference of watchers and not watchers how they reason, and interact with eachother. sometimes it's very funny to sit back and watch them.

Nat_Lee
23rd October 2014, 18:44
so.. I'm 7 years into this, maybe I need to go back to watching TV so I can remember what it's like; I have a vague sense that it was very involving. It definitely seemed like it guided your thinking.

good exercise, but I say at the end of the prescribed period... just don't go back, you aren't missing anything (well at least I don't feel like I am) especially if you have access to the interwebs.

Yes totally true !
If you everyone could just don't go back it would really make a difference !
As for me, I'm doing it for a long time now !!! Maybe 15 years I don't know ....
I watch the news once in a while specially when I'm at my parents house to visit ....
we don't have cable since 6 or 7 years .... We have internet and Netflix for tv series if we want :)

I wanted to give this advice for all of you who might like to try different but simple things to feel better ....
This is free, simple and it gives a lot in return ...

Have fun !

SiriusB
23rd October 2014, 19:35
don't watched telly for years, feels great.. When I went to relatives and have a bit of telly-time I always realize who this will shut everyone down, if you doing it regularly......

soulsinger
23rd October 2014, 19:51
I haven't watched the news in years. I also haven't watched commercials in years. This is why it's hard for me to get overly upset or excited about the latest scandal or issue that everyone's talking about. I don't get the toxic input, so I am not having my peace disturbed.

It's important to learn about national and world affairs, but we can certainly do this without ever turning on a tv. Network news and cable news channels are sources of the worst kinds of disinformation and mental/emotional programming that we have today. They are ubiquitous, and most people are fooled into believing they're reporting reality.

This becomes very apparent when we wean ourselves from television media. I look at my family and friends and think: "How can they get so upset about such obvious lies and propaganda? Why can't they see that this is a farce?" But they really can't tell when someone is lying anymore.

Muzz
23rd October 2014, 19:59
Been off the brainwashing box for about 4 or 5 years now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3NBEurnIqY#t=367
From an old thread discussing this topic - link (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?17506-Arguments-for-the-Elimination-of-Television&p=192811&highlight=muzz+television#post192811)

When I eventually learned about how our subconscious mind absorbs information, that was it. I realised that I needed as much control as possible over what I consume and more importantly the state of mind I am in when doing so. Still working at it.

For a laugh here's a reminder of how ridiculous it gets (if your on Avalon there's a good chance you've already seen this.) -

jH8dejYGa5A

avid
23rd October 2014, 20:09
UK - Traditionally-based. OH watches MSM/BBC news whilst eating dinner every night - which has always caused terrible havoc as I'm always noticing the biased lies!!! He believes 'the news' as it's the BBC! FFS!!!
Despite my concrete evidence to the contrary of the MSM news, I am dismissed (as an activist), I often finish up taking dinner into studio to eat and get very angry, and OH finishes up with indigestion and a very angry partner. Switch off the TV - or just switch on to the 'weather forecast'!!! It's the least of one's problems - time to talk one-to-one at last!

Sith73
23rd October 2014, 22:41
I stopped watching TV altogether and since I did I really don't miss it. My thoughts are way better, lighter more free and not agitated from the news I was watching.

Nat_Lee
23rd October 2014, 23:43
UK - Traditionally-based. OH watches MSM/BBC news whilst eating dinner every night - which has always caused terrible havoc as I'm always noticing the biased lies!!! He believes 'the news' as it's the BBC! FFS!!!
Despite my concrete evidence to the contrary of the MSM news, I am dismissed (as an activist), I often finish up taking dinner into studio to eat and get very angry, and OH finishes up with indigestion and a very angry partner. Switch off the TV - or just switch on to the 'weather forecast'!!! It's the least of one's problems - time to talk one-to-one at last!

Are you willing to play the game and stop watching the news ?
And report YOUR own personal news about how you feel ? :)

At least one week

It would be great to make this experience with you since you are an activist :)

meeradas
24th October 2014, 01:38
2014: 2 decades off tv.

---

A week ain't enough; do more.
After 6 months off it, read a newspaper's headlines - see what has happened (to you).

thunder24
24th October 2014, 01:44
i haven't owned a tv since 2005... and at that point it was only for movies...

only watch when im at the watering hole getting wet....

jake gittes
24th October 2014, 03:12
I quit TV 6 months ago. I got tired of paying exorbitant sums to poison my own psyche with non-stop propaganda and filth. I'm no prude, but there really is virtually nothing redeeming on TV anymore. The only time I "watch" anything now is when I put an old movie on when I go to bed.

I check google news or something similar daily just to keep an eye on what the enemy is doing.

Nice to see so many others doing the same.

ghostrider
24th October 2014, 03:26
Read what the plejaren had to say about the dangers of TV ... http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Contact_Report_512 scroll down to part 2 of contact report 512 ...

Demeisen
24th October 2014, 07:20
It must be nearly 10 years since I stopped watching or reading news. Like others have said, I got fed up with getting angry every morning. The downside is that you don't know whats going on. But I often get enough of it by reading these forums.

Ahnung-quay
24th October 2014, 11:57
I remember in the 1990's when satellite dishes were the up and coming thing in my rural area. Many people switched from cable to satellite. I was one of those.

As a new subscriber I received some stations from California. I watched the LA news. It was different from midwestern news and even from national news at the time because it was Hollywood. Everything was a big extravaganza and the new casters were uber polished and stylish. I remember thinking how surreal it was....

Now all of the news emulates that "Hollywoodnis". It's all a show. Much of it is not news, it's speculation. And, the commercials! Designed to keep the consumer buying.

I haven't watched for at least ten years. I watch an occasional series or movie and, then many times online because I miss the program time.

Happy unwatching people! Meditating is way more interesting!

Nat_Lee
24th October 2014, 20:01
First I would like to thank all of you for your generous participation to this thread !
You are giving god tips and we all are fortunate to be able to have such great knowledge and people like you to share their personal stories with us.

For now on I would like to invite all the AVALONIENS who want to participate in this experience ....

The thread talk's about T.V. but I'm not asking you to tell me all about stopping watching T.V. completely I would like to stay in the idea or topic of my thread and have people who participate in a game:

T.V. is a powerful tool ! S T O P watching the news for a week ... AND tell us how you feel NOW and AFTER the week ...

Lets just do it and share !! :) After this if you like it and want to stop for longer it is your choice ... :) The Idea is to have an experiment here :D
Thank you guys !

Have fun !
:)

Nat_Lee
26th October 2014, 13:54
i rarely do because it makes me so angry...:/

Hi CarnageCandy !

Yes me to and I feel better and by the way look at this video I found !

DbO9bQaO_4w

East Sun
26th October 2014, 15:03
I stopped watching t v years ago. But a family member watches the news--Brian Williams is a joke--I'm in the same room so I ask that ads be muted.
I have not listened to a commercial on t v or radio for over thirty years.

This forum is the best on the entire internet.

thepainterdoug
26th October 2014, 16:59
couldn't agree with you more, as far as in the usa , the msm news is owned by i think 6 very wealthy owners who play a pre planned , dumbed down and purposefully divided country . I'm sure the 6 corporate owners get together to discuss how to go about keeping the illusion going, no different than pro wrestlers do behind the scene. you do this, ill do that and they'll eat it up.

msn news only serves to fatten an already biased, pre determined world view. so its" feel good" news for people who have no interest in growth or seeking any kind of truth. supermodels sell it, not everyday people. its very alluring .

to walk away from this would be the best thing anyone could do for rediscovering their own thoughts, if they have any left.

Violet
26th October 2014, 17:48

But what about radio news? It has no images (except for the ones it invokes in your mind), so that's a plus. However, it still is a spoken version of TV, and internet. Can we cut all news from all possible sources? This reminds me of someone who went off and travelled somewhere very distant, away from society and came back. I asked this person if he had been careful with the newest contagious disease. He said: what disease?

That must feel so wonderful. For that alone it is well worth considering Nat-Lee's challenge.

ghostrider
26th October 2014, 17:55

But what about radio news? It has no images (except for the ones it invokes in your mind), so that's a plus. However, it still is a spoken version of TV, and internet. Can we cut all news from all possible sources? This reminds me of someone who went off and travelled somewhere very distant, away from society and came back. I asked this person if he had been careful with the newest contagious disease. He said: what disease?

That must feel so wonderful. For that alone it is well worth considering Nat-Lee's challenge.

anywhere to get news is up to the individual , just knowing that five or six corporations control most of the media , so they all read from a script created by someone to control the narrative of the day , I dig all over the web for news , even it is sanitized or filtered ...All the radio shows I listen to , if you hear the first one , the rest of day the other shows will discuss the same information over and over using the exact words of the previous time slots ... actually it would be the talking heads they bring on who stir the pot and off goes the public's brains , usually strongly disagreeing with the staff's paid talking head ...

peterpam
26th October 2014, 18:16
I quit several years ago. I will sometimes look at headlines and choose to read about a specific event. On occasion at the gym where they have TV's, I have observed the news for a few minutes and it is really easy to see how ridiculous it is. The news is tabloid in nature and the pro government stance is undeniable. Years ago, I watched a documentary about Fox news and the agenda, owner Rupert Murdoch dictated each day for news anchors. They were expected to promote his agenda either by form of a specific story or just emphasizing a spin that he wanted to promote for the day. At the time I found that mind blowing, but it is clear to me now that this is the case with all the news we are spoon fed. The indoctrinations can be subtle or blatant but there is always indoctrination that promotes our unquestioning allegiance to the government. Another thing that is endlessly promoted is political correctness, which is of course there to benefit the government by creating passive, non reasoning citizens.

I must add that I live in the US, so I can't speak for all countries.

thepainterdoug
26th October 2014, 18:23
good observations ghostrider/ one is equally lucky when you hear a first report live, when things are just coming in and not tweaked. i had this occasion during Sandy hook event. i live in hoboken where supposedly it all started with adam lanza killing his brother . CNN reported a man in hoboken was murdered by his brother and police on the scene. nothing of the sort. they messaged and altered this story minute to minute until we have what we now have.
who started it? who accepted this story without sources? no retractions etc. this is the effed up world we live in. sadly most of the people i know, my friends and family when pressed, believe the official story. this is what makes me feel, nothing will ever change. because, comfort will always prevail. people are in the illusion of comfort. and they want to stay there like a frog in a pot of slowly heated water.

Violet
29th October 2014, 05:14
Reporting: two days with no radio news nor internet news. And it dawned upon me how much intelligence is measured by the fluency with which you can keep up in chitterchats about current affairs. If you know your terminology (and it changes) as well, then you get bonus points.

I accidentally caught yesterday's 7 PM news though :p

Pris
29th October 2014, 10:01
We haven't had TV (with bunny ears for one or two channels) for, I'm guessing, five or six years now. And, no cable for many years prior to that.

When I visit relatives, the TV is usually on... I am so sensitive to the bull sh!te -- whether it's news, commercials, game shows, whatever -- it's like getting splattered with hot oil and having ants crawling all over you.

I cannot tolerate television anymore -- it makes me super angry (I always voice my concern, but the hypnotizing effects on my relatives is so blatant, I'm mostly ignored). I just want to scream and end up leaving the room in short order.

Everything is so wrong with it. It's so manipulative.

There, how's that? STOP WATCHING TV. :wizard:

Pris
30th October 2014, 00:56
Btw, the feeling of 'getting splattered with hot oil and having ants crawling all over you' may have something to do with the broadcasting signal... I think something nasty is getting snuck in there...

I don't get that feeling at all when I watch old, recorded TV shows or movies from DVD.

maurice
31st October 2014, 19:56
Ha! As soon as I saw this thread I had to share my experience . If there was one thing that really used to upset me it was watching my daughter come home from school , completely ignore me, go straight to the TV turn it on and sit HYPNOTISED by the damn thing . So whenever I asked her to turn it off she would just ignore me while the dinner got cold . So one day (knowing I had planned to do this for some time ) I told her politely but firmly that if she did not turn off the TV by the third warning my next action would surprise her . After ignoring my third warning , I walked in to the living room , unplugged the bloody thing carried it outside and threw it sailing in to the air ,off the verandah and crashing in to a million pieces on the driveway. God it felt good . My Daughter was traumatised for about a week because I had removed an addiction. Now she is fine .

That was eight years ago now . We do have another TV for watching DVD's only . I ripped out the aerial so there can be no reception . TV programing is propagandised mind controlling garbage . Best thing I ever did was throw the old one out and make a point .

My daughter will never forget that day but I got reported by the local school for child abuse for doing it ! Shows you how much the system relies on that evil device to maintain conformity . If every household threw out their TV or at least pulled the plug on Programing the whole damn system would come crashing down.
That's how serious it is. No more fake news keeping people in constant fear . No more junk entertainment and advertising encouraging people in to self destructive addictions . TV is pure poison . Its the thief in your own home 24/7. Kill it .

East Sun
1st November 2014, 01:49
I was half afraid to say I could not tolerate commercial ads on t v or radio in case I would be accused of being overly sensitive, which I may be, but that's a good thing for the most part. It is worse than just noise, it's an insult to your intelligence.

Except that I suffer because of it.
Being overly sensitive can be painful at times. I often have to leave a store that's blasting out crap. I'm lucky that my family is understanding.

After being away from t v for a long time whenever I have to see it for a few minutes I'm reminded of how stupid it is. It's an addiction that people need help getting away from.

Verdilac
1st November 2014, 02:27
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/BeyondtheOsiris/download2_zps2815ab37.jpg

Doesn't that just say it all.....poor little dog getting brain washed too

maurice
1st November 2014, 03:36
It begins ! Down boy . Move away from the television set . Don't make me rub your nose in it .
Well at least the poor pooch is not humping the screen . Give it another week though.....

Violet
2nd November 2014, 21:06
Thank God for television:

I think that it's time that our great newspaper have at least the same objectivity, the same fullness of coverage, that television has. And I can only say thank God for television and radio for keeping the newspapers a little more honest.
(http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/RichardNixonConcession.html)

Cycles & circles:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-28/nixon-blames-newspaper-campaign-for-demise/2813956

RUSirius
2nd November 2014, 22:47
Hi Nat_Lee, what I've noticed so far (a benefit I didn't foresee) is other aspects of my life are coming together better. I'm able to focus on more important things, meditation is easier, and synchronicities have increased. Gosh, could this all be because of drastically reducing television? Makes me wonder what humanity would be like if we all unplugged. And I am more mentally disciplined.

Pris
2nd November 2014, 23:26
Hi Nat_Lee, what I've noticed so far (a benefit I didn't foresee) is other aspects of my life are coming together better. I'm able to focus on more important things, meditation is easier, and synchronicities have increased. Gosh, could this all be because of drastically reducing television? Makes me wonder what humanity would be like if we all unplugged. And I am more mentally disciplined.

Obviously, I'm not Nat_Lee. But, I'd like to say: Welcome Aboard! :)

Nat_Lee
3rd November 2014, 02:54

I'm glad you are having such great changes !
Congratz !

Keep it up !

It shows just how it is much more easier to focus when you are not brain washed every day .....

To make shure you should try to watch it again for a day or two and stop again to see the difference an then you could be able to compare :)

Thanks for participating....

As for me, it is so many years since I have stop watching the news everyday ....
The TV is off one day the other day on .... off, on...
We don't have cable but we watch DVD's and Netflix.

Pris
3rd November 2014, 09:52
As for me, it is so many years since I have stop watching the news everyday ....

Hey, aside from the DVD's and Netflix (I, too, watch DVD's), why not go cold turkey on the TV?

I found I can't go back to broadcast TV (doesn't matter if it's one channel or 100 channels). It's too irritating.

Nat_Lee
3rd November 2014, 14:46

Hey, aside from the DVD's and Netflix (I, too, watch DVD's), why not go cold turkey on the TV?

I found I can't go back to broadcast TV (doesn't matter if it's one channel or 100 channels). It's too irritating.

Good for you Pris :)

My post is about doing an exercise and stop for one week to watch the news and report how you was before and how you feel after the exercise ....

The title is:
Re: T.V. is a powerful tool ! S T O P watching the news for a week ... Tell me how you feel now and after ...

I'm very fortunate to have all of you telling me your experiences about turning the T.V. off for good dow :)

But the thing is trying to help those who have never experiment to turn there T.V. NEWS off

Love to you all !

Ulyse30
3rd November 2014, 15:58
(English soon)Merci pour se poste Très IMPORTANT à COMPRENDRE et a EXPÉRIMENTER!!!
Personnellement je n'écoute plus les nouvelles depuis l'année 2000.Cela était devenu trop et très négatifs pour moi!!!
J'étais très angoissé et très stressé,très négatif!!! Je ne pouvais plus vivre normalement et m'empêchais de bien dormir,j'ai été insomniaque pendant 3 ans,probablement à cause de la T.V,la radio et les journaux aussi!!! Depuis j'ai graduellement et considérablement diminué de regarder la T.V.,la radio et de lire les journaux!!! Cela peut m'arriver,mais rarement et le moins que possible!!! Pour moi,cela est remplis de MESSAGES SUBLIMINAUX,très mauvais pour le mental humain!!!
Merci de votre attention ICI !!!

Pris
4th November 2014, 00:54

Good for you Pris :)

My post is about doing an exercise and stop for one week to watch the news and report how you was before and how you feel after the exercise ....

The title is:
Re: T.V. is a powerful tool ! S T O P watching the news for a week ... Tell me how you feel now and after ...

I'm very fortunate to have all of you telling me your experiences about turning the T.V. off for good dow :)

But the thing is trying to help those who have never experiment to turn there T.V. NEWS off

Love to you all !

Yes, you're right, of course. I'm just impatient with everyone. :p

I admit it took me awhile to get weaned off TV. Certain circumstances over the years helped like being too broke to afford cable for example. Then, you fuss around with bunny ears. Over time, you realize you don't miss the TV as much and you become more sensitive to its effect on you.

But, this was years and years ago. People need to wake up NOW because we've run out of time.

I don't know how else to illustrate the seriousness of this but to yell at them. :director::sleep:

Thanks for the thread, btw! It all helps. :)

Sith73
4th November 2014, 03:29
I too watch dvds and netflix for entertainment, but no more TV.

Pris
4th November 2014, 21:27
Ha! As soon as I saw this thread I had to share my experience . If there was one thing that really used to upset me it was watching my daughter come home from school , completely ignore me, go straight to the TV turn it on and sit HYPNOTISED by the damn thing . So whenever I asked her to turn it off she would just ignore me while the dinner got cold . So one day (knowing I had planned to do this for some time ) I told her politely but firmly that if she did not turn off the TV by the third warning my next action would surprise her . After ignoring my third warning , I walked in to the living room , unplugged the bloody thing carried it outside and threw it sailing in to the air ,off the verandah and crashing in to a million pieces on the driveway. God it felt good . My Daughter was traumatised for about a week because I had removed an addiction. Now she is fine .

That was eight years ago now . We do have another TV for watching DVD's only . I ripped out the aerial so there can be no reception . TV programing is propagandised mind controlling garbage . Best thing I ever did was throw the old one out and make a point .

My daughter will never forget that day but I got reported by the local school for child abuse for doing it ! Shows you how much the system relies on that evil device to maintain conformity . If every household threw out their TV or at least pulled the plug on Programing the whole damn system would come crashing down.
That's how serious it is. No more fake news keeping people in constant fear . No more junk entertainment and advertising encouraging people in to self destructive addictions . TV is pure poison . Its the thief in your own home 24/7. Kill it .

:bump::bump2:

maurice
6th November 2014, 10:19
Thanks for the bump Pris . "We interrupt your scheduled programing to bring you a hot, tuned in Canadian chick who refuses to take any s@#$ ". O Canada !
God i love Canadians , why cant the rest of the world be like you guys ? You know , I once went across the border in to Canada without renewed US visa . Just for the day . So the pissy US border guards sent me back . The canadian border guy was an absolute saint . 'Look its my fault , come home to our place tonight and I will sort it out tomorrow'
Took me home ,fed me and put me up. His folks were really nice and he had a hawk in the living room that he had rescued . He told me he was releasing it back in to the wild the next day so he would take it with us. He released the hawk then sorted me out with the US border guards . I just had'nt received my visa extension yet but Bloody US border guys were being real pigs about it. This Canadian guy was so cool and reasonable that in the end they caved in. man I owed that guy but he thought nothing of it .

So i get back to my job on the harvest crew and a hawk that looked exactly the same as the one we released kept following me around for a while . Very cool day .

Just want you guys to know that there is no more widely liked and respected bunch of people on the planet today than Canadians . True. I have lost count of the number of guys I have met who said to me " you know I met this Canadian chick once and I just totally fell in love with her on the spot " . Me to .

Yes i know this is totally off topic but I had to say it . When I was back in London as a student everyone wanted to tag on to the canadians . We knew they threw the BEST parties , the girls were fabulous, the guys layed back and fun to be around.

Respect to you ladies .

Pris
7th November 2014, 06:27
Thanks for the bump Pris . "We interrupt your scheduled programing to bring you a hot, tuned in Canadian chick who refuses to take any s@#$ ". O Canada !
God i love Canadians , why cant the rest of the world be like you guys ? You know , I once went across the border in to Canada without renewed US visa . Just for the day . So the pissy US border guards sent me back . The canadian border guy was an absolute saint . 'Look its my fault , come home to our place tonight and I will sort it out tomorrow'
Took me home ,fed me and put me up. His folks were really nice and he had a hawk in the living room that he had rescued . He told me he was releasing it back in to the wild the next day so he would take it with us. He released the hawk then sorted me out with the US border guards . I just had'nt received my visa extension yet but Bloody US border guys were being real pigs about it. This Canadian guy was so cool and reasonable that in the end they caved in. man I owed that guy but he thought nothing of it .

So i get back to my job on the harvest crew and a hawk that looked exactly the same as the one we released kept following me around for a while . Very cool day .

Just want you guys to know that there is no more widely liked and respected bunch of people on the planet today than Canadians . True. I have lost count of the number of guys I have met who said to me " you know I met this Canadian chick once and I just totally fell in love with her on the spot " . Me to .

Yes i know this is totally off topic but I had to say it . When I was back in London as a student everyone wanted to tag on to the canadians . We knew they threw the BEST parties , the girls were fabulous, the guys layed back and fun to be around.

Respect to you ladies .

I think I'm fairly atypical as far as Canadians go, but I do appreciate the compliment (and flattery will get you anywhere! ;))!

Perhaps it's our personality types that affect our... attitudes... more than our nationalities.

What that Canadian border guard did went above and beyond. Thanks for sharing that heartwarming story.

By the way, I happen to be rather fond of Aussies myself. Maybe it's the accent. Maybe it's the exotic 'rough and tumble' quality. Maybe it's the whole shebang. :)

:focus:

apokalypse
7th November 2014, 07:14
i have stop watching or reading news altogether, currently i'm at that stage of believing in nothing and all of them are staged...the more i read or watching it the more i piss off or frustrated not about the news but the society as a whole, how can it be or why society have to be this way...?

TV nothing but creating fear and mind control...uninformed or mainstream people need to get rid of it and have self revolution to have awakening and awareness.

By saying that i not stop watching everything but watching movies/tv shows in different views for meanings or messages...past years i watched alot of movies which really blow my mind away so many stuff that people on non-mainstream talked about is in the movies...for normal people just a movie for entertainment but many of those movies are not have meanings/messages in them. You can say TPTB have soft disclosure in movies/TV Shows.

anyone seen Interstellar? i can pretty good movie for non-mainsteam people...

seehas
7th November 2014, 07:48
If youre unplugged for a wile and other people talk about it its realy funny because you see the programing so clearly, i had this happening to me alot in my old job when i sit together with coworkers in the breaks.

Why was television invented back in the days? For warpropaganda and its main porpuse necer changed since day one, the bandwith of programing is only greater.

Its not only about the news or political broadcast all these series sitcoms or telenovelas are an important tool for gender programing, the role what a woman or a real man is today its defined in tv and people play the same roles in their lifes.

Why so many people have problems in relationships i would say the television plays a big part in this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINDtlPXmmE

maurice
7th November 2014, 07:59
Yes right okay back to topic . TV . god I miss that damn box in my life . There's a hole in our living room where my TV used to be .

Come back baby . I didnt mean all those things I did and said . I was crazy at the time . :smash:

Now look luv before you go gettin' all google eyed about us aussie blokes , sheila you need to realise there are two really important things in a blokes life . Beer , remote's and a sofa . Wait, that's three things ... Well you know what im talkin' about love dontcha ? Anyway , down here in the never never a good sheila never goes amiss and you'll love the beaches . We got lotsa those and roo's n koala's . Its all happenin' luv . So I reckon your gettin' a bit lonely up there in the backwoods . Maybe you's should all come down for a visit. Crocodile Dundee is a mate of mine ,no joke .

Pris
7th November 2014, 09:00
Yes right okay back to topic . TV . god I miss that damn box in my life . There's a hole in our living room where my TV used to be .

Come back I didnt mean all those things I did and said . I was crazy at the time .

Now look luv before you go gettin' all google eyed about us aussie blokes , sheila you need to realise there are two really important things in a blokes life . Beer , remote's and a sofa . Wait, that's three things ... Well you know what im talkin' about love dontcha ? Anyway , down here in the never never a good sheila never goes amiss and you'll love the beaches . We got lotsa those and roo's n koala's . Its all happenin' luv . So I reckon your gettin' a bit lonely up there in the backwoods . Maybe you's should all come down for a visit. Crocodile Dundee is a mate of mine ,no joke .

Oh, for heaven's sake! :o

maurice
7th November 2014, 09:37
:plane:Oh you love it . But seriously and back on topic . I am thinking of plugging it back in . Just for a little bit , just to see how it feels after so many years of celibacy . I wonder if it will feel the same now as it did back then when I was young and carefree . Before they shipwrecked people on desert Islands and encouraged them to be inhuman. Before big brother and 'reality TV'. How can tv be real ?, such Bulls#$% . They think I dont know what reality is already ? Pah .

No , I must not go back , it would be madness for me ,for you ! We would regret it . Maybe not now or in two weeks , but soon .:drama:

maurice
7th November 2014, 18:54

Come back I didnt mean all those things I did and said . I was crazy at the time .

Oh, for heaven's sake! :o

Who is this Sebastian anyway ,What does he have that I cannot offer you ? Is it a bigger screen with cable ? Mon deiu ! how fickle you canadian women are .
I can change you know , I was not always like this . I can get a real job and you will have the biggest screen on the street , yes I swear it . I dont care what it takes ,cherie , you are my heaven . I can get easy credit terms , we can pay it off together you and I . Say you will ! Do not deny me . There will be nothing left for me if I cant share popcorn with you on the sofa . My life is.... Meaningless without the three of us . :behindsofa::violin::censored::couch2::cry:

Skyhaven
29th November 2014, 12:56
People are even fighting over them... *sigh*

5F1tNIbL2pw

Nat_Lee
23rd December 2014, 05:02
People are even fighting over them... *sigh*

5F1tNIbL2pw

We cant see it anymore Skyhaven ....

Nat_Lee
23rd December 2014, 05:12
(English soon)Merci pour se poste Très IMPORTANT à COMPRENDRE et a EXPÉRIMENTER!!!
Personnellement je n'écoute plus les nouvelles depuis l'année 2000.Cela était devenu trop et très négatifs pour moi!!!
J'étais très angoissé et très stressé,très négatif!!! Je ne pouvais plus vivre normalement et m'empêchais de bien dormir,j'ai été insomniaque pendant 3 ans,probablement à cause de la T.V,la radio et les journaux aussi!!! Depuis j'ai graduellement et considérablement diminué de regarder la T.V.,la radio et de lire les journaux!!! Cela peut m'arriver,mais rarement et le moins que possible!!! Pour moi,cela est remplis de MESSAGES SUBLIMINAUX,très mauvais pour le mental humain!!!
Merci de votre attention ICI !!!

TRANSLATION ENGLISH :
Ulyse30: Thank you for this position very IMPORTANT to UNDERSTAND and EXPERIMENT !!!
Personally I do not listen to the news since 2000. It became too negative and also very negative for me !!!
I was very anxious and very stressed, very negative !!! I could not live normally and it was interfering, coulden't get a good sleep, I've been an insomniac for 3 years, probably because of TV, radio and newspapers too !!! Since I gradually and significantly decreased to watch TV, radio and reading newspapers !!! This can happen to me, but rarely and the least possible !!! For me, it is filled with subliminal messages, very bad for the human mind !!!
Thank you for your focus HERE !!!

Merci de ton support et de ton thémoignage Ulyse30 !
Thanks for your support and personal story Ulyse30 !

Nat_Lee
23rd December 2014, 05:19
I was half afraid to say I could not tolerate commercial ads on t v or radio in case I would be accused of being overly sensitive, which I may be, but that's a good thing for the most part. It is worse than just noise, it's an insult to your intelligence.

Except that I suffer because of it.
Being overly sensitive can be painful at times. I often have to leave a store that's blasting out crap. I'm lucky that my family is understanding.

After being away from t v for a long time whenever I have to see it for a few minutes I'm reminded of how stupid it is. It's an addiction that people need help getting away from.

I totally agree with you !!!
Have you notice that when there is an add, the sound is sudenly toooooooooooo loud ?
They are compressing the sound so it gets louder when it plays .....
In our familly what they were doing is muting between breaks ;) it is also a good start if you dont want to stop watching ... just mute betwin the breaks so you dont here anny add....

But the exercice here is to stop watching the new for a Week and report in this thread what it does to you :)
Happy holidays to you all !

jerry
23rd December 2014, 06:41
I haven't watched the news for over a year and haven't missed a beat. I have even given up on my football and only catch a glance here or there at the pub or a friends house. It's hard to stomach the propaganda while biting my tongue in the company of ostriches.

Nat_Lee
13th March 2015, 04:20
I haven't watched the news for over a year and haven't missed a beat. I have even given up on my football and only catch a glance here or there at the pub or a friends house. It's hard to stomach the propaganda while biting my tongue in the company of ostriches.

Yes it is hard when you see all around you how many beings are enslave from it and are now aware ...
But keep going and you will certainly attract others in your good ways of doing things !

Link to post number one here (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?76282-T.V.-is-a-powerful-tool---S-T-O-P-watching-the-news-for-a-week-...-Tell-me-how-you-feel-now-and-after-...&p=892183&viewfull=1#post892183)

huyi82
13th March 2015, 12:29
i haven't watch tv for a long time, my partner watches it all the time and i tell him constantly tell him to stop, falls of deaf ears though.

Earthlink
13th March 2015, 14:10
i openly call TV the idiot box, and i also openly say that it is having the desired effect on the population.

i haven't had it in ... i dunno, 25 years or more now? time flies, maybe longer.

the downside is that i can tell who watches it and who doesn't almost immediately. when i have a new conversation with someone i just met who lives with TV daily, it almost always ends up going sour pretty quickly, for, not only does it make people idiots, it convinces them that they are correct idiots. this happens at the bistro where i hang out, and there is always a TV on on the wall there, with some sports on it because it's too loud in there to watch TV. most of my life long friends don't watch it either, and it is not as popular out here in the country side as it is in the city. the good friends i do have from the city are musicians, most of them, some in families and some with kids, and they just don't have the time to watch it. those are my favourite kinds of people, and the conversations we have are about people we know, music and musicians, places and things that are real.

i also made a good joke one day when one of the regulars there, the 4-7 club members, many of whom are government employees and go down for a drink or 3 daily, and this one guy who works for industry canada or something, views himself as a smart guy (which he is) with much knowledge (debatable), and always has the 3 most renowned newspapers of the day which he likes to read to keep informed. well anyway, i said one day, in front of the whole regular gang that hangs out there, after someone else mentioned the newspapers, and how he'd just sit there during his first drink or two reading the papers, before entering our group conversations, (we are such creatures of habit) and the lead up was perfect for me to say "Glenn thinks he's buying these all from the non-fiction section! bwaa hahahahahahahahaha"

there's got to be a picture in my folder here to go along with this thread ... sec ...

Selkie
14th March 2015, 13:40
I haven't watched TV since 2006. I have a television, but I only use it for movies.

Snoweagle
15th March 2015, 21:20
After my stroke in 2008 I gave up on television altogether.

Having lost my job because of the inherent difficulties of the condition I found myself at home considering my future and still coming to terms with understanding the problems I was encountering as in myself I felt fine. I was unmedicated, thats another story.

Whilst my thoughts were racing my clarity and focus were gone, I realise that now but at that time the sensation was bizarre.

Then I found myself slouched back on the sofa flicking through my one hundred channel cable selections looking for some stimulus, as if the television were to provide me with a solution to the way I was feeling. I had started my viewing with the BBC News where a female news reader, wearing a red dress, with blonde hair was droning on, to me it sounded as if the speed of her voice had been super slowed down to be almost incomprehensible and almost painful to engage so I stepped through each channel, all of them, indifferent to each of being of interest and did this for the whole one hundred channels, three times!

At the realisation of what I had just done I jumped off the sofa, turned the television off, unplugged it and carried it out to the boot (trunk) of my car and took it to the dump. I returned home and then called my cable provider to alter my subscription, which was only available after one months notice which I invoked immediately which the cable provider reluctantly accepted. During that final month, the cable provider called me three times to offer me a range of deals to keep me viewing. Each caller was more senior than the last, the last two were the professional psycho negotiators with cooing and soothing mannerisms of persuation. Whilst I enjoyed the calls, my stroke had already changed me in remote contact, that I could almost hear their next thoughts, I was not convinced so my television subscription was cancelled as per request.

I have never looked back. I have never desired any congress with the main stream media since.

Now I support a free and open internet and select my news from thousands of sites world wide. I believe I am now in good company:-)

(I am fully healed now and still have no desire for the television. I scold my family frequently at their behaviour and dependance on the gogglebox, so who knows, maybe television is "dead" now)

Earthlink
17th March 2015, 23:07
hahahahaha

aviators
18th March 2015, 01:15
Share this here. Watched this some time ago. Sorry if I missed this here.
Remember it being very informative. Will have to watch it again. lol
Personally I have a hard time at night being in a room with the tv on.
Especially at night with prime time shows. The light flashing Is disturbing.

tsoOUztVzzs

Nat_Lee
6th October 2015, 14:59
Share this here. Watched this some time ago. Sorry if I missed this here.
Remember it being very informative. Will have to watch it again. lol
Personally I have a hard time at night being in a room with the tv on.
Especially at night with prime time shows. The light flashing Is disturbing.

tsoOUztVzzs

Thank you for the link....

Have you ever try stop watching TV for a week ? :)

Ikarusion
6th October 2015, 15:10
i dont watch news for many years now. but i never followed them closey. i also stopped reading news papers about 7 years ago or so.
i feel great about it. just every now and then you will encounter people that all know of a particular subject and you dont. thats the only downside.
"im sure you heard of this dead girl there" - "nope" should it concearn me? usually i get the answer no.

if it doesnt affect me directly and i cant change it, why should i take on such grief or become more blunt to other peoples pains?
i could cry all day long about so many issues that are present on this earth, but i get nothing out of it. its a waste of time for me.
so i choose to put my main focus on the good things that interest me and that actually are close to me. if everyone cleans up their own mess.. you get the gist.

if something catches my interest i simply research it on the web.