PDA

View Full Version : Are fear, vanity, guilt, and anger actually 'bad' emotions?

Pris
6th November 2014, 23:17
One thing I've noticed a lot with so-called 'enlightened' people is the general discouragement of the use of what may be considered 'bad' emotions or feelings like fear, vanity, guilt, and anger.

In particular, the 'anger' one pops up a lot as a bad thing that ought to be avoided.

People who express anger are often shamed and/or shunned.

There's a lot of this 'we are all One' talk, 'we need to love everyone', 'we can't fight them, it's like fighting ourselves', 'we have to play nice', 'we just need to stay calm and think positive thoughts' etc. This is all with regard to the current situation on the planet.

I'm not saying that positive thinking and/or meditation doesn't work. It all helps.

I remembered a scene from an episode in 'Red Dwarf' that does a hilarious (I think) job of illustrating the importance of fear, vanity, guilt, and anger when dealing with an outside threat -- in this case, the Polymorph.

Just replace 'Polymorph' with 'Cabal'.

NOTE: The Polymorph feeds off of dominant emotional states -- removing them entirely from the victim -- leaving the victim unbalanced.

This is the comment I made on another thread and here's the scene from 'Red Dwarf' that sparked the idea for this thread:

Contrary to popular belief, I think you can be angry and calm/level-headed at the same time.

Anger is a tool we can use to help us mobilize ourselves together into action. Anger is the jet fuel required for an impressive ignition. In the current system, we are so disempowered and pushed down, it seems that only after enough people start to get angry about something, that any kind of change can happen.

The character, Rimmer, in this scene from 'Red Dwarf', illustrates my point exactly (he lacks anger).

He's the one wearing a 'Give Quiche A Chance' T-shirt.

Note: the others lost 'fear' (Lister), 'vanity' (Cat), and 'guilt' (Kryten).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WgUktfdDy4

Have we been brainwashed to undervalue and discourage so-called 'bad' emotions like anger because they actually empower us?

Everything needs to be in balance, right? You can't have your yin without your yang.

What do you think?

Tesla_WTC_Solution
6th November 2014, 23:23
Well, a machine taking a look at human emotions would recognize a primitive "checks and balances" system;
emotions, although meaningful to those who experience them, merely provide a framework for logic.

@_@ So yeah when someone tells you your emotions are invalid, inconvenient, etc. they are trying to dis-empower you.
Compromise is the only way out of some problems that some would tell us are "cut and dry".

There is nothing cut and dry about the complexities of interaction and emotion.

People who backshelve those sorts of things tend not to end up in positions of public (or private!) service...

it's the emotional people who end up being veterinarians and writers, etc...

Emotions are one of the building blocks of reality and we are all welcome to create :)

PurpleLama
6th November 2014, 23:35
Eh, anger certainly has its uses. Vanity, not so much. I have no desire to know how beautiful you think you are, or haw much importance you might place on your own appearance. Even fear has it's place, a survival trait, and a deep one, but one to be manipulated of one is not so self aware. No doubt, there is something to the overall line of reasoning, here. That which is designed to embellish or diminish one through the overlay of personality, can be done without, whereas that which emerges from the depth of psyche, that can prove valuable. One may be humble, yet exalted, when one takes one's proper position in relation to Universe.

Mark
6th November 2014, 23:37
I think when it come to "enlightened" thought, the idea is that when you let loose with your emotions, you act upon them and create karmic consequences. So releasing the emotions results in further turns on the dharmic wheel. Seeking to manifest one's goals has at its heart desire, and Buddha stated cleary as experience reveals that desire leads invariably to suffering. One remains emotionally tied to the outcome of one's actions. This emotional binding results in the cycle of karmic debt.

That is all well and good for most people as the emotions are a primary vehicle for soul expression and, as many here in PA believe, we are here to experience exactly these things. So it is ok to be emotional. To create karma. To live as we live. Until we no longer have the desire to do so. Until we reach that point, the desires will continue. As one progresses along the path though, ones internal state begins to find a medium between the extremes of expression and non-expression and so as a result they begin to be able to express, in their lives, this ability to moderate and control their desires, and also their emotions.

This spiritual path has an ingrained secret that many further along the path do not often enunciate clearly. That is, that, until one reaches a state of karmic release whereby they are able to experience higher states of being, they are hopelessly mired in the emotional morass. They are slave to their emotions and the karmic return that implies. The desire to achieve, to tie one's action to the outcome of that action, then, is the hurdle to cross.

At the same time, it is possible to overcome this hurdle almost instantaneously. Or instantaneously through a form of "grace", the transmission of "enlightenment" through an event precipitated by a Master. But, the question then becomes, is this experience a result of many lifetimes of trials and tribulations on the dharmic wheel? Is it, "time" for someone to experience an enlightenment event and then move higher, become able to see the nature of reality for what it is and actively control the thoughts and emotions? If that perspective is considered, then perhaps instantaneous is really not that at all, but the result of many lifetimes of effort.

psychic 11
6th November 2014, 23:44
I agree with you guys to suppress one's emotions is not healthy to do. In order for us to feel positive and enthusiastic we must also embrace other lower emotions. We cant have Yin without Yang. Nor Light without the Dark.

Pris
6th November 2014, 23:45
Eh, anger certainly has its uses. Vanity, not so much. I have no desire to know how beautiful you think you are, or haw much importance you might place on your own appearance. Even fear has it's place, a survival trait, and a deep one, but one to be manipulated of one is not so self aware. No doubt, there is something to the overall line of reasoning, here. That which is designed to embellish or diminish one through the overlay of personality, can be done without, whereas that which emerges from the depth of psyche, that can prove valuable. One may be humble, yet exalted, when one takes one's proper position in relation to Universe.

Ahh. But, look what happened to Cat when he lost all his vanity. He became a useless bum that didn't care about himself or anything.

Pris
6th November 2014, 23:55
I think when it come to "enlightened" thought, the idea is that when you let loose with your emotions, you act upon them and create karmic consequences. So releasing the emotions results in further turns on the dharmic wheel. Seeking to manifest one's goals has at its heart desire, and Buddha stated cleary as experience reveals that desire leads invariably to suffering. One remains emotionally tied to the outcome of one's actions. This emotional binding results in the cycle of karmic debt.

That is all well and good for most people as the emotions are a primary vehicle for soul expression and, as many here in PA believe, we are here to experience exactly these things. So it is ok to be emotional. To create karma. To live as we live. Until we no longer have the desire to do so. Until we reach that point, the desires will continue. As one progresses along the path though, ones internal state begins to find a medium between the extremes of expression and non-expression and so as a result they begin to be able to express, in their lives, this ability to moderate and control their desires, and also their emotions.

This spiritual path has an ingrained secret that many further along the path do not often enunciate clearly. That is, that, until one reaches a state of karmic release whereby they are able to experience higher states of being, they are hopelessly mired in the emotional morass. They are slave to their emotions and the karmic return that implies. The desire to achieve, to tie one's action to the outcome of that action, then, is the hurdle to cross.

At the same time, it is possible to overcome this hurdle almost instantaneously. Or instantaneously through a form of "grace", the transmission of "enlightenment" through an event precipitated by a Master. But, the question then becomes, is this experience a result of many lifetimes of trials and tribulations on the dharmic wheel? Is it, "time" for someone to experience an enlightenment event and then move higher, become able to see the nature of reality for what it is and actively control the thoughts and emotions? If that perspective is considered, then perhaps instantaneous is really not that at all, but the result of many lifetimes of effort.

This is all great and everything if you believe in karma. I'm not the only one who considers 'karma' a belief system. Please let me emphasize that this is a consideration as I wait for more pieces to fall into place.

What you are suggesting is that these ARE bad emotions (fear, vanity, guilt, anger) and they DO pull us down based on the 'laws' of 'karma'. Hmmm. I'm not sure I buy that.

It's interesting how 'karma' uses guilt to motivate our actions.

PurpleLama
7th November 2014, 00:00

Ahh. But, look what happened to Cat when he lost all his vanity. He became a useless bum that didn't care about himself or anything.

Sounds good to me! Nah, really, that was what the humble but exalted statement I made was kinda sideways speaking to. Vanity impedes clarity of one's self, is all. If we knew what we were really about we wouldn't need any artifice at all. Perfectly fine.

Mark
7th November 2014, 00:11
This is all great and everything if you believe in karma. I'm not the only one who considers 'karma' a belief system. Please let me emphasize that this is a consideration as I wait for more pieces to fall into place.

If you are more scientifically-minded, perhaps Newton's third law of motion might apply: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Same idea expressed purely at the material level, having to do with basic physics. The jump from the physical to the emotional/psychic is not far. If you are proponent of coincidence and luck, then perhaps it is some distance to go.

What you are suggesting is that these ARE bad emotions (fear, vanity, guilt, anger) and they DO pull us down based on the 'laws' of 'karma'. Hmmm. I'm not sure I buy that.

Actually, no.

They are NOT bad emotions. Because, joy, happiness, are equally karma-producing as anger, fear, etc. So ALL of the extremes are to be avoided, not just those you call the negative ones.

Sounds boring, right?

:wizard:

wnlight
7th November 2014, 00:21
Pris, My take is that fear, vanity, guilt, anger are not bad emotions that need to be actively suppressed. What I found in my case was that I should not let emotions run my life. Emotions are energies of the gut and can lead you to act in a way that your brain or your heart would never do. As I spent more time meditating, I found less use for these emotions. I did not actively work to suppress emotions except for fear. I learned early to not let fear control me. More easily said than done in my case. My point is that these emotions are still with me, but have simply faded to gray.

Fear of karma is useless. Karma doesn't pull you down; fear pulls you down. I would't worry about it. Later on, you will learn more of the 'laws' of karma and, if you wish, you can simply delete all the karma built up in your life and in your prior lives. But don't claim karma doesn't exist. It is quite real.

Pris
7th November 2014, 00:30
Pris, My take is that fear, vanity, guilt, anger are not bad emotions that need to be actively suppressed. What I found in my case was that I should not let emotions run my life. Emotions are energies of the gut and can lead you to act in a way that your brain or your heart would never do. As I spent more time meditating, I found less use for these emotions. I did not actively work to suppress emotions except for fear. I learned early to not let fear control me. More easily said than done in my case. My point is that these emotions are still with me, but have simply faded to gray.

Fear of karma is useless. Karma doesn't pull you down; fear pulls you down. I would't worry about it. Later on, you will learn more of the 'laws' of karma and, if you wish, you can simply delete all the karma built up in your life and in your prior lives. But don't claim karma doesn't exist. It is quite real.

Excellent. BUT, I did not claim that 'karma' doesn't exist. I'm considering that it doesn't exist. Big difference. You have to admit, we humans do make up a lot of things.

Pris
7th November 2014, 00:39

Actually, no.

They are NOT bad emotions. Because, joy, happiness, are equally karma-producing as anger, fear, etc. So ALL of the extremes are to be avoided, not just those you call the negative ones.

Sounds boring, right?

:wizard:

No, not boring lol. Let me see... so, if I feel an excessive amount of sheer bliss, for example, that's an extreme to be avoided? :shocked:

My point is that these emotions are still with me, but have simply faded to gray.

I'm not sure I'm liking this idea of 'watering down' all my emotions into some kind of... grey muck...

I like black. I like white.

Mark
7th November 2014, 00:45
No, not boring lol. Let me see... so, if I feel an excessive amount of sheer bliss, for example, that's an extreme to be avoided? :shocked:

Well...here is where the definition of words is important. Bliss...is, supposedly, something different from happiness, which is considered to be an emotional state. Bliss is thought to be something deeper, like peace. Bliss is a word that is often used to describe the experience of Nirvana, for example. A state beyond mundane happiness. Joy is often conflated with bliss, but it is also conflated with happiness as well. Hence, all of the confusion. LOL

Goodness gracious. It is just so much easier to just live. And that, is the core of the Tao. The Way. All will clarify of its own, without all of these mental gymnastics because that is, in essence, what it is all about anyway, describing the indescribable. It is actually much easier just to experience it and live in that experience. Again, we're back to thought. Ruminating, dwelling, over-thinking.

A constant issue. ;)

Selene
7th November 2014, 00:51
This is a fascinating discussion.

My personal take on whether emotions are “good” or “bad” is this: Is this emotion, right now, helping you cleanse something or is it making you feel worse? Does this deal with something that needed clearing – or is the emotion further burdening you?

The various registers of emotional level from blind rage to saintly bliss, whether guilt, shame or joy, all have a place in our experience. And no emotion – as such – is either good or bad or in-between. It is simply a part of our human experience. We are vain, silly, lustful, comical and very human mammalian beings. That's our nature.

The question is: How is this emotion serving me?

The emotions connected with our past experience have only to be acknowledged as strong feelings in order to be released. They can flow through us and head onward into oblivion, no matter. It is a river.

What is of interest from here going forward is: How do I feel about this present moment – the Now – in which I exist? How am I responding here and now, even to the memory of old feelings? And can I 'own' my emotions as a part of my valid self - or am I still running away from myself?

And that critical response is what avoids building emotional memories now that may not serve you well going forward.

It is about consciousness: awareness of who you are and what you are feeling right now, here and now.

This is what will free you.

Consciousness is all. Allow yourself to grow.

My fondest respects,

Selene

Pris
7th November 2014, 01:21

Well...here is where the definition of words is important. Bliss...is, supposedly, something different from happiness, which is considered to be an emotional state. Bliss is thought to be something deeper, like peace. Bliss is a word that is often used to describe the experience of Nirvana, for example. A state beyond mundane happiness. Joy is often conflated with bliss, but it is also conflated with happiness as well. Hence, all of the confusion. LOL

Goodness gracious. It is just so much easier to just live. And that, is the core of the Tao. The Way. All will clarify of its own, without all of these mental gymnastics because that is, in essence, what it is all about anyway, describing the indescribable. It is actually much easier just to experience it and live in that experience. Again, we're back to thought. Ruminating, dwelling, over-thinking.

A constant issue. ;)

So, sheer bliss is a 'good' thing and not actually related to emotions (where excessive emotions -- not necessarily emotions in general -- are supposedly 'bad'). That's rather convoluted, eh? Over-thinking is certainly overrated. Still, I'm glad we cleared up that 'bliss' part of it lol. ;)

Mark
7th November 2014, 01:25
So, sheer bliss is a 'good' thing and not actually related to emotions (where excessive emotions -- not necessarily emotions in general -- are supposedly 'bad'). That's rather convoluted, eh? Over-thinking is certainly overrated. Still, I'm glad we cleared up that 'bliss' part of it lol. ;)

Think of bliss as the natural state of that pure awareness that we all are at core, and the emotional states as the lesser expression of the mind and the physical body. So, this experience, of pleasure, pain and all their permutations are occurring with a bubble floating in this sea of bliss. A bubble that contains both time and space, while the bliss is ever-present, and accessible to those who do the work necessary to find it. If they can just break through the walls of that bubble, for just a little while.

Craig
7th November 2014, 01:33
I am not far along the path of others here, though I hope to be one day, but I only see see issues with the bademotions if they have an explicit affect on other people or their freewill. I would think that we are suppose to feel these emotions as part of our journeys but when we say use anger to inflict pain and suffering on others for no reason then that is a big no no. I guess also the so called good emotions could be in the same boat as in you love someone so much that you do impact on their freewill too, I don't know how exactly perhaps they are scared to do something that they think may be a let down to you or others, I am not too sure here,

Though I do know Rimmer is a smeghead and roll on 2015 and Red Dwarf XI

Craig
7th November 2014, 01:37

Think of bliss as the natural state of that pure awareness that we all are at core, and the emotional states as the lesser expression of the mind and the physical body. So, this experience, of pleasure, pain and all their permutations are occurring with a bubble floating in this sea of bliss. A bubble that contains both time and space, while the bliss is ever-present, and accessible to those who do the work necessary to find it. If they can just break through the walls of that bubble, for just a little while.

Rahkyt - can bliss become tiresome? by that I mean to us here in the 3D environment where if you have too much of something whether good or bad you tire of it? or do you need to experience the contrast in order to understand how it feels? In order to know what paradise is do you need to understand what hell is like? Without reference can you truly feel if a situation is good or bad? I hope this makes sense for you.

PurpleLama
7th November 2014, 01:40
With bliss, no such thing as tiresome.....

Mark
7th November 2014, 01:47
Purplelama said it best. That state, that space of being, is undifferentiated, as it is a return to what is known as the formative void, the non-space/space of being and creation itself. Words are inadequate to the task of describing it. Just as the entirety of our dreams cannot be put into words, as they occur in a higher dimensional context and we are not equipped at the material level to understand and explain it all using our 3D words and thoughts. Just as polytonal languages (African, Asian, Indigenous etc.) are more descriptive than monotonal (IndoEuropean). The language of creation is beyond our mundane knowing.

joeecho
7th November 2014, 02:05
One thing I've noticed a lot with so-called 'enlightened' people is the general discouragement of the use of what may be considered 'bad' emotions or feelings like fear, vanity, guilt, and anger.

In particular, the 'anger' one pops up a lot as a bad thing that ought to be avoided.

There's a lot of this 'we are all One' talk, 'we need to love everyone', 'we can't fight them, it's like fighting ourselves', 'we have to play nice', 'we just need to stay calm and think positive thoughts' etc. This is all with regard to the current situation on the planet.

I'm not saying that positive thinking and/or meditation doesn't work. It all helps.

I remembered a scene from an episode in 'Red Dwarf' that does a hilarious (I think) job of illustrating the importance of fear, vanity, guilt, and anger when dealing with an outside threat -- in this case, the Polymorph.

Have we been brainwashed to undervalue and discourage so-called 'bad' emotions like anger because they actually empower us?

Everything needs to be in balance, right? You can't have your yin without your yang.

What do you think?

Cabal wouldn't be Cabal without a yin and a yang, right?

Cabal isn't half of an equation.

Isn't an outside threat inside as well?

Pris
7th November 2014, 02:12

Rahkyt - can bliss become tiresome? by that I mean to us here in the 3D environment where if you have too much of something whether good or bad you tire of it? or do you need to experience the contrast in order to understand how it feels? In order to know what paradise is do you need to understand what hell is like? Without reference can you truly feel if a situation is good or bad? I hope this makes sense for you.

Lol, I'm not Rahkyt, but I've experienced bliss during OBEs. It's certainly incomparable to anything else. Personally, I don't think you have to 'understand' what 'hell' is like first in order to know what 'paradise' is like.

When I felt bliss, it just felt like I was home -- without beginning and without end. For me, because I like roller coasters, it's kind of like that feeling you get on the best part of a roller coaster ride, and for a moment, you're screaming in sheer joy/amusement/happiness -- but the feeling doesn't stop.

My gosh, it felt good (my pathetic attempt at words, sorry!). :)

Pris
7th November 2014, 02:23

What do you think?

Cabal wouldn't be Cabal without a yin and a yang, right?

Cabal isn't half of an equation.

Isn't an outside threat inside as well?

Okay, smartie-arse.

I'll take my yin and raise your yang.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJ5plO90qWGDz7Gi3yTWm57JKLYXCnSni3-ylBixcgtHvOSAdT

Sorry, am I suppressing your yang? ;)

maurice
7th November 2014, 02:55
Oh yes , this is my kind of thread . Before I say anything though I want to qualify my words with a warning . Everything I say will be both serious and tongue in cheek at the same time . In other words I will be using British humor .

Now if I wanted to be brief and not get in to a long winded conversation I would simply say "all things in moderation " then walk off with two hot canadian chicks on each arm and a bottle of quality single malt .

If that makes you angry then I have already made my point. If it has not I am happy to work harder to achieve Nirvana .

In a professional situation anger is not a useful emotion . Neither is fear , hate, lust , jealousy , vanity , PC or rage . I know that my best work is done in a state of calm focus . But when I down tools im ready to get lucky . Now its true that fools rush in and grab the first dolly bird that whistles dixie . Personaly I prefer more of a challenge . I like a girl that tells me to F@$% off, then qualifies it with 'but not to quickly'.

The chase is always better than the catch , but since we are all in the hunt for something better whether it be peace or a healthy tantrum , you gotta do it with style . I like to get angry . But I like to combine it with biting humour so it goes further . get the most bang for my buck . And I like to make love , slowly . Emotion is not a disposable nappy , its a gift to be savored at length with someone who is worth the candle . Or the fireplace .

Romance ,true romance is not for lightweights and PC civil servants with comb over hair cuts . NO my friends , its raw and crazy, yet harnessed for the long ride rather than a quicky in the back seat . Ever made love after an argument with that special someone ? you know what im talking about .

If you can make a woman angry with a little gentle teasing ,then follow it up with sincere flattery and humor , she will admire you for it and see depth . What is a relationship without emotion ? Its dead , a convenience store for the lazy . No , give it to me straight up with a stiff single malt and Ill cook a nice meal after wards . Its not about if or when , its all about timing .

Learn how to make love to a woman and you learn how to make love to life . Everything's sweeter when you Love with passion .

maurice
7th November 2014, 03:04
Oh god look what the cat dragged in . I fold . With pleasure .

maurice
7th November 2014, 04:32
If emotion creates bad car ma , run me over in your big truck, put it in reverse and go over me again . Love and hate , the later is just the lack of the former .

If people started playing the right music in their vehicle , we would all be rocking down lovers lane instead of being stuck in the fast lane.

maurice
7th November 2014, 05:01

What do you think?[/QUOTE]

What do I think ? Well the trouble with men is we cant think and feel at the same time . In some ways that's good and other ways its convenient .

I have always liked women who are in touch with their masculine side and the strength that gives them .But I notice that the only men who are comfortable with that are men who are comfortable with their feminine side . But men are easily emasculated IF they dont go through authentic individuation while still young . That process involves a number of dangerous adventures that conformists fear , the PTB frowns on and your mother knows will give you to much independence to want to look after her in her old age .
To many mothers suffocate their sons . To many fathers dont spend enough time with their daughters . The system encourages dysfunctional relationships that are constrained. Emotion is constipated so it comes outs in painful spasms instead of conscious expression. Hemorrhoids are a pain in the ass no matter how you get them . Or pains in the ass give you hemorrhoids . Its the system that keeps on taking . Thanks big brother , here , sleep with my wife while I take out the trash .

Sometimes a man has to walk away and spend time alone . Its a good thing but many women dont understand or feel comfortable with it . Some men fear commitment because they dont respect themselves enough to be authentic .

I have not met a woman yet who respected a man for being weak and immature . She may marry him for financial security but that is all either will ever know . The system kills men's spirit and prostitutes women's bodies to the highest bidder . How many men and women have the courage to walk away and build themselves long enough to then find each other ?

Only the man of Tao .

Every woman knows deep down what she wants from a man but he has to find it in himself first .

Yin and yang .Sounds like a warner brothers cartoon to me .

Pris
7th November 2014, 07:12
I have always liked women who are in touch with their masculine side and the strength that gives them .But I notice that the only men who are comfortable with that are men who are comfortable with their feminine side . But men are easily emasculated IF they dont go through authentic individuation while still young . That process involves a number of dangerous adventures that conformists fear , the PTB frowns on and your mother knows will give you to much independence to want to look after her in her old age .

Wow, that's deep. Well said.

The system encourages dysfunctional relationships that are constrained. Emotion is constipated so it comes outs in painful spasms instead of conscious expression. Hemorrhoids are a pain in the ass no matter how you get them . Or pains in the ass give you hemorrhoids .

You know, maurice, you make some good points. You're also hilarious! Your communication style is super! :pound:

Do you mean like 'Itchy & Scratchy'?

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110105220923/simpsons/images/thumb/4/41/Itchy_and_Scratchy_History.gif/500px-Itchy_and_Scratchy_History.gif

http://dobrador.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/LOL.jpg

maurice
7th November 2014, 07:31
Nice thread Pris ,happy to be a part of it . Relieved to see you got the humour . I itch therefore I scratch . I have not been chased around the back yard by my mother in law weilding a chain saw , it was much worse than that .

'You gotta yin for that yang your carryin' son ? '

' No officer , but if you can tell me where to get one I would be most gratefull.'

' Are you ridiculing an officer of the law ?'

' No officer , I just wanna get in touch with my badself and look good in front of my homies !'

'Then go north my son , to Canada ! Where the women are so fine ,like sweet summer wine , Id go there myself but ive run out of time . And thats a rap .Run along now kid and dont let me see you playing with your own yang again . You'll go blind ':whip:

maurice
7th November 2014, 08:24
Ever made love to a complete stranger ? Ever surrendered completely to intense emotion and damn the consequence ? Ever wondered what the shotgun marriage statistics are when your catholic ? Protection therefore is the wise mans choice when the moment seizes him. I let go of the church and embraced passion without guilt . It was good then and its still good now. Not advocating promiscuity , that's for amateurs and poseurs. Non, mon ami . What I am saying is make love when you can , dont let such a simple sublime pleasure go begging while others scream themselves hoarse from unrequited love .

Anger is unexpressed love more often than not .

maurice
7th November 2014, 08:41

Wow, that's deep. Well said.

The system encourages dysfunctional relationships that are constrained. Emotion is constipated so it comes outs in painful spasms instead of conscious expression. Hemorrhoids are a pain in the ass no matter how you get them . Or pains in the ass give you hemorrhoids .

You know, maurice, you make some good points. You're also hilarious! Your communication style is super! :pound:

Do you mean like 'Itchy & Scratchy'?

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110105220923/simpsons/images/thumb/4/41/Itchy_and_Scratchy_History.gif/500px-Itchy_and_Scratchy_History.gif

http://dobrador.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/LOL.jpg

You like my communication style ? That's good, because I like yours too and I have an urge to communicate WITH YOU , and I must answer that urge . WE must be friends yes ? do you consent ? tell me you will or I shall die .

Michael Moewes
7th November 2014, 19:55
All negative emotions lead to suffering and need therefore to be avoided. If you think anger impowers you, than you are a demon or an oger. there is no true power in negativity. but much more in positivity and love. If you express negative emotions all the time to make yourself feeling "powerfull", you will end up allone without any true friends. If this are your intentions go ahead but you have to deal with the results of your actions. cause and effect is a natural law.
to your brainwashed statement. I asume you have to evolve quickly to some other level

wnlight
7th November 2014, 20:59
I did not mean to imply that one needs to work at killing emotions, nor is that a good idea. Emotions are an important part of life. It is just that one should not let emotions rule our lives. Only then do they become bad. It has been said that the purpose of life is to live it. Strong emotions can get in the way of that.

maurice
7th November 2014, 21:52
Emotion is energy in motion. That's what the word means . A lot of the time people dont even know why they are angry which begs the question why ? Vanity , sure its unhealthy if you dont really love yourself because its a simulacrum , its not the real thing .

Greed is the one you really have to watch out for .Its arrogance born of self hate and isolation .Its an extreme compensation for the lack of love and self respect .

Whats tragic is that most people compensate for lack of self respect with ego , A totally different synthetic programing based reactive algorithm . Ever notice how illogical ego driven people are . Notice how they screw up everything and never take responsibility ?

I believe what pris is saying is that when you shut down your heart to attain purity you shoot yourself in the foot . But I would rather hear what she has to say . I would take a bullet in the foot any day for a woman like that .

maurice
7th November 2014, 22:18
What most men dont understand is that when a woman's heart is stirred it is such a powerful emotion that she is often frightened by it because there is no going back . A woman's heart is a deep sea of feelings that once stirred is never quieted . Unless she finds fulfillment with the beloved . Men are stupid about such things . Men have to take a long journey to find their feminine nature and be at peace with it . But when the seeds are sown he finds his own path and is content to take it regardless of what others think say or do .He becomes a man of destiny and all women find men of destiny attractive . He carries a seed worth transmitting to further generations .

There is a hard nosed pragmatism in every woman's heart that is tougher than admamant . More mysterious and therefore more beguiling . Men are haunted by a woman's beauty no matter how immature they may be . But such beauty cannot be bought , it can be hired , enslaved and coerced may be . But true hearts meet where destiny is seeded in them first . This much I do know .

there is a saying that I have found very true

'If a fool would persist in his folly he will become wise'

Pharaohs Maze
8th November 2014, 05:26
Bad emotions, negative emotions...
Perhaps the real issue is not with the energy pattern itself but our unwillingness to feel our emotions. So many on the so called path of ascension can't get off the runway because of their trying to be 'enlightened'. Holding naive and even juvenile ideas of what enlightenment must feel like. And thus model ourselves on those ideas.

If we are to ostracise our so called negative emotions then we are to remain decompartmentalised and spiritually fragmented. Instead we should feel those emotions and move into them deeply with our attention so as to know our own dimensions well. Let us be ready to feel our fear and our anger and let us see clearly our guilt and our vanity.

When we stop avoiding and ostracising our own energy patterns we begin to establish a more steady and less reactionary relationship with ourselves… this naturally leads to deeper integration with ourselves and we our less prone to extreme polarity swings in our energy.

All of the so called negative emotions have been dubbed so only because they are expressions of our suffering, but suffering is natural and there is no one on any path of ascension whom is not accustomed to it.

Why give one emotion more importance than another. well I'll tell you why... because people are despairing for the emancipation that they believe enlightenment must bring them. Desperate to be free from the suffering of the world with all of its war and hatred and disease and lies. But the enlightened one does not shy away from darkness, she goes directly into the deepest darkness and becomes a light. And when the light is blinding and dominearing she can enter into the light and cast darkness.

So in summary… Ive got 99 problems but emotions aint one.

maurice
8th November 2014, 06:01
Enlightenment . You know , I think its easier to let that ephemeral goal go and just get on with living and feeling what you need to do . Its like ascension . Live, learn from your mistakes instead of beating yourself up by repeating them . The illuminati treat humans like battery hens . They cage them and feed them and harvest them. watch how any cage animal behaves and you understand why humans don't process their emotions in a healthy way. because they are not free to make mistakes .They think they have to be perfect from the get go. I like screwing things up , I like feeling the pain and joy of falling in love and out . I grow through that stuff . This I know . The illuminati are not allowed to **** with anyone who gets it on and goes their own way . They may try and you may experience isolation but F#% the drones if they want to stay in the cage . This is my bloody life and im going to bloody well live it . Freedom is passion , freedom is saying F@#$ you , this is my life bitches .

Pris
8th November 2014, 08:24
All negative emotions lead to suffering and need therefore to be avoided. If you think anger impowers you, than you are a demon or an oger. there is no true power in negativity. but much more in positivity and love. If you express negative emotions all the time to make yourself feeling "powerfull", you will end up allone without any true friends. If this are your intentions go ahead but you have to deal with the results of your actions. cause and effect is a natural law.
to your brainwashed statement. I asume you have to evolve quickly to some other level

Can you explain why you say that ALL 'negative' emotions lead to suffering and need therefore to be avoided? That's a blanket statement. How can you be so sure?

Personally, I know that anger has empowered me. It has helped me to overcome fear, build up courage, stand up for myself and express my thoughts. I don't think I am a demon or an ogre -- at least not the last time I checked.

The scene from 'Red Dwarf' that I presented is an amusing way to consider what might happen to a person if a strong 'negative' emotion is entirely removed from a person and suggests we'd be rendered... rather dysfunctional. Sure, it's a work of fiction, but the whole point is to consider the possibility.

I'm not so sure the line is clear cut when we describe 'negative' and 'positive' emotions. It was suggested earlier in this thread that intense negative and intense positive emotions are both 'bad'. I'm not necessarily agreeing with that, but it's interesting.

Btw, your comment overall seems a bit hostile, which is amusing... all things considered.

Skyhaven
8th November 2014, 08:36

Can you explain why you say that ALL 'negative' emotions lead to suffering and need therefore to be avoided? That's a blanket statement. How can you be so sure?

Personally, I know that anger has empowered me. It has helped me to overcome fear, build up courage, stand up for myself and express my thoughts. I don't think I am a demon or an ogre -- at least not the last time I checked.

The scene from 'Red Dwarf' that I presented is an amusing way to consider what might happen to a person if a strong 'negative' emotion is entirely removed from a person and suggests we'd be rendered... rather dysfunctional. Sure, it's a work of fiction, but the whole point is to consider the possibility.

I'm not so sure the line is clear cut when we describe 'negative' and 'positive' emotions. It was suggested earlier in this thread that intense negative and intense positive emotions are both 'bad'. I'm not necessarily agreeing with that, but it's interesting.

Btw, your comment overall seems a bit hostile, which is amusing... all things considered.

Because if it is directed at you you wouldn't like it, would you? The universe works like a mirror, what you put out is what you get back, its very simple.

Pris
8th November 2014, 08:37
I did not mean to imply that one needs to work at killing emotions, nor is that a good idea. Emotions are an important part of life. It is just that one should not let emotions rule our lives. Only then do they become bad. It has been said that the purpose of life is to live it. Strong emotions can get in the way of that.

I happen to be a female. For what it's worth because of that, from my own perspective and experience, I'd say that it is impossible not to let emotion rule my life.

We 'shouldn't' do this and we 'shouldn't' do that... oh, why not? I completely agree that the purpose of life is to live it. For me, strong emotion is like... the cherry on top.

I'm not suggesting to live in strong emotion all the time like that's 'normal'. But, try being a woman for a day. ;)

We are literally wired differently.

Pris
8th November 2014, 08:59

Because if it is directed at you you wouldn't like it, would you? The universe works like a mirror, what you put out is what you get back, its very simple.

Now, that's an interesting thought. Believe it or not, I wasn't actually thinking about aiming 'negative' emotions at someone else like a weapon. A person can also wallow in their own emotions as well. From that perspective, if there is any harm, they are only harming themselves.

I've been around people that have directed their 'negative' emotions at me. It wasn't a matter of if I didn't like it or not. The key is to not react and take it personal. I realize that people and their emotions have nothing to do with me and everything to do with them.

For example, I can get extremely riled up or excited about certain subject matter and people often mistake that energy as directed at them personally.

Pris
8th November 2014, 09:12
Bad emotions, negative emotions...
Perhaps the real issue is not with the energy pattern itself but our unwillingness to feel our emotions. So many on the so called path of ascension can't get off the runway because of their trying to be 'enlightened'. Holding naive and even juvenile ideas of what enlightenment must feel like. And thus model ourselves on those ideas.

If we are to ostracise our so called negative emotions then we are to remain decompartmentalised and spiritually fragmented. Instead we should feel those emotions and move into them deeply with our attention so as to know our own dimensions well. Let us be ready to feel our fear and our anger and let us see clearly our guilt and our vanity.

When we stop avoiding and ostracising our own energy patterns we begin to establish a more steady and less reactionary relationship with ourselves… this naturally leads to deeper integration with ourselves and we our less prone to extreme polarity swings in our energy.

All of the so called negative emotions have been dubbed so only because they are expressions of our suffering, but suffering is natural and there is no one on any path of ascension whom is not accustomed to it.

Why give one emotion more importance than another. well I'll tell you why... because people are despairing for the emancipation that they believe enlightenment must bring them. Desperate to be free from the suffering of the world with all of its war and hatred and disease and lies. But the enlightened one does not shy away from darkness, she goes directly into the deepest darkness and becomes a light. And when the light is blinding and dominearing she can enter into the light and cast darkness.

That was brilliantly said.

Purposefully denying ourselves to feel certain emotions for whatever reason only suppresses them. We all know what happens when we try to suppress something. It doesn't go away. It can't be ignored. It builds up pressure that eventually needs to be expressed. Living like this is very stressful. And, stress leads to disease.

Skyhaven
8th November 2014, 09:30

Now, that's an interesting thought. Believe it or not, I wasn't actually thinking about aiming 'negative' emotions at someone else like a weapon. A person can also wallow in their own emotions as well. From that perspective, if there is any harm, they are only harming themselves.

I've been around people that have directed their 'negative' emotions at me. It wasn't a matter of if I didn't like it or not. The key is to not react and take it personal. I realize that people and their emotions have nothing to do with me and everything to do with them.

For example, I can get extremely riled up or excited about certain subject matter and people often mistake that energy as directed at them personally.

I wouldn't direct it at myself either, in my opinion you have to get it out some way, through music, art, exercise, whatever... and then I agree with you, they're not bad per say, well they are 'bad' in a literal sense, but without bad there's no good, so they are very useful in that sense, not to be disregarded at all... if its there it needs to be there, its part of growth...

maurice
8th November 2014, 09:50

Thats what im talkin about . Hostility masked by a thin veneer of moral and 'spiritual superiority' . Its passive aggresion's modus operandi . We are the arbiters of what you can and cant feel ,so do as we say(not as we do) get back in line ,suppress your emotions so we can harvest them in the form of irrational fear instead of righteous anger . Anger that should be directed ,quite rightly, at your guilty, sorry, craven, hypocritical asses . religion is a cover for every sleeze bag sexually/emotionally repressed pervert on the planet. I have lost count of the number of do gooders who play that game to coerce guilt trip and mess with everything that makes being alive worthwhile . Church on Sinday ? , F@#$ that BS.

Never was a point more succinctly put Pris . My hat is off to you .

maurice
8th November 2014, 10:00
Emotions dont kill people , people kill emotion . Anything you suppress becomes a twisted monster . Chain up a dog and it will eventually become aggresive and psychotic. Deny people the right to speak and feel freely and you will destroy their minds . Eventually they will become politically correct apologists who roll over and die rather than stand up and fight for anything that makes life worth living . Consume and die ! I will die on my feet rather than live on my knees sucking illuminist cock . Not sorry if that offends .

Red dwarf is brilliant writing . One day it will be right up there with Shakespeare.

Pris
8th November 2014, 10:04
Anger is unexpressed love more often than not .

Yes, I can see that.

Emotion is energy in motion. That's what the word means . A lot of the time people dont even know why they are angry which begs the question why ?

I feel this is very true. If I am angry about something, I always do my best to analyze where it's coming from and why, but so many people don't even question it.

Ever notice how illogical ego driven people are . Notice how they screw up everything and never take responsibility ?

Yes, and it doesn't even matter if they have an extremely high IQ. In fact, it seems the higher the IQ, the greater the ego. They are less able to consider or admit they may have made an error because of an inflated ego due to a high IQ.

I believe what pris is saying is that when you shut down your heart to attain purity you shoot yourself in the foot .

Right. Why we think we need to attain 'purity' in the first place is beyond me. That sounds very boring to me. Besides, what if we are all already perfect exactly the way we are -- with all our so-called flaws?

The illuminati treat humans like battery hens . They cage them and feed them and harvest them. watch how any cage animal behaves and you understand why humans don't process their emotions in a healthy way. because they are not free to make mistakes .They think they have to be perfect from the get go.

It certainly seems they've done their best to brainwash us into thinking that way. Unfortunately, it has worked for the most part. The good news is people are beginning to realize this and many of us have slipped through the bars.

'If a fool would persist in his folly he will become wise'

Have you persisted in your folly, maurice? Are you becoming wise? Please, stay on topic! ;)

Pris
8th November 2014, 10:18

I wouldn't direct it at myself either, in my opinion you have to get it out some way, through music, art, exercise, whatever... and then I agree with you, they're not bad per say, well they are 'bad' in a literal sense, but without bad there's no good, so they are very useful in that sense, not to be disregarded at all... if its there it needs to be there, its part of growth...

Hey, now I think we're getting somewhere! I can completely relate to the expressing of emotion through 'music, art, exercise, whatever...'. I've expressed/released all kinds of emotions this way. For me, it's mostly been through art/animation, poetry, and music. And, lately I've expressed myself through multimedia. It's very freeing and fun -- truly exhilarating!

ps This is fun, too, btw. :)

maurice
8th November 2014, 10:25
Have I persisted in my folly ? Yes , but the question is to what point and purpose Missy . You are talking to a man who is constantly battling with anger , BUT I believe it to be a necessary burden to carry as consciously as possible . I don't like injustice . I cant stand idle while others brutalize innocents and children . When I see injustice I speak up and I have never sold my soul. Believe me I have received some high bids to attain it . I like strong women and encourage them any chance I get because we need them so much .

What does it take to burn the corruption out of a persons soul ? Fire , passion , anger and consciously focused rage if necessary . I rage against the machine every day .

And you are very naughty for teasing me about being off topic.:drag:

Pris
8th November 2014, 10:53
Have I persisted in my folly ? Yes , but the question is to what point and purpose Missy . You are talking to a man who is constantly battling with anger , BUT I believe it to be a necessary burden to carry as consciously as possible . I don't like injustice . I cant stand idle while others brutalize innocents and children . When I see injustice I speak up and I have never sold my soul. Believe me I have received some high bids to attain it . I like strong women and encourage them any chance I get because we need them so much .

What does it take to burn the corruption out of a persons soul ? Fire , passion , anger and consciously focused rage if necessary . I rage against the machine every day .

That's wonderful, and I encourage you to be strong as well. As for teasing... who's teasing who? You are subversive, but you are not without charm. Please watch yourself around here if you get my meaning. :rolleyes:

PathWalker
8th November 2014, 12:16

What do you think?

Yes I think we are brainwashed.
Yes we need anger as motivator to action.
Yes long term anger and fear are detrimental to our health.

Children have the ability to clear and shift/clear emotions instantly.
Adults lose this ability when we learn to analyze and calculate past/future actions. There comes revenge, victimhood and envy.

In order to keep ourselves health we need to vent our anger, and control its triggers. So that we can develop anger when we choose to.

PathWalker
8th November 2014, 12:34

I do not agree with the above, the karmic release is an outcome of hard work. Forgiveness to self and forgiveness to others is the karmic release.
It is hard and painful process to forgive, but the end result is release from emotional pain, physical pain and stress deposits in the body.

Skyhaven
8th November 2014, 12:39
Maybe I'am a bit weird here, but I don't feel any anger at all, its just not there... I try to see the bigger picture, and often try to understand why things are as they are, or why people act like they act.... and from there nothing happens except avoidance, if that gets me out of an undesired situation.

PathWalker
8th November 2014, 12:58
As I read this thread. I wanted to add this.
Human race is special with its emotional skills. The emotional skills and emotional body is a sought by other races (see hybridization programs).
The emotional skills allows us initially to attract joy and avoid pain. Later we learn to develop skills to invent our joy and attract our pains as well.

The attraction to spiritual evolution that is emotional is special to humans (IMHO). Other species evolve with rational reasoning. But the essence of getting back to 'Home', or being in oneness is emotional.

Many old teachings center about living in the heart. Most indigenous tribes teach shamanism through the heart/feelings. Read/watch what Greg Braden has to say about manifesting technology.

PathWalker
8th November 2014, 14:00
A rush of synchronicity in this video at 26:30 , just heard this emotion review from Mary Rodwell (strongly suggest to watch part 1 as well).
vecEqcUgewk
Link to watch at the specific time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vecEqcUgewk&start=1590

maurice
8th November 2014, 18:50

That's wonderful, and I encourage you to be strong as well. As for teasing... who's teasing who? You are subversive, but you are not without charm. Please watch yourself around here if you get my meaning. :rolleyes:

When you are a conscious living being surrounded by drones who are programed to keep the system in tact you are by definition subversive . Its a cross I have chosen to bear and yes I know I will have to watch myself around here. But dont worry , I dont mind being teased by someone who is thinking and being on their feet . You go girl . Thanks for a thread that does what words are meant to do . Invested with meaning instead of programing . That my friend is the definition of a true artist . As one artist to another I salute your efforts and wish you well .

Mark
8th November 2014, 19:07

Enlightenment is not what people think it is. Being the Balance does indeed necessitate an equal familiarity with both light and dark. The 10 Ox Herding Pictures (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Bulls) exemplify this by revealing that the ultimate purpose of enlightenment is to dive back into the world, go back to the marketplaces, the streets, the hood, and do the work of the Bodhisattva, with compassion and love for others. The equinimity of the enlightened does not preclude them from using their emotional states to obtain certain ends. The difference between them and everyone else though, is that they control them, rather than being controlled by them.

I do not agree with the above, the karmic release is an outcome of hard work. Forgiveness to self and forgiveness to others is the karmic release. It is hard and painful process to forgive, but the end result is release from emotional pain, physical pain and stress deposits in the body.

Hard work that could have been primarily completed in another life. Death then intervened leading to rebirth, and then a fateful life leading up to what seems to be an instantaneous enlightenment event. There are many stories of people who have had no prior awakening, lived lives of placid dreaming, then had some sort of an accident, or lightning (figuratively) struck them or some other potentially traumatic event, and then, suddenly, they are enlightened. Such people, often, are markedly different from childhood. To my mind, they drift, perhaps working off the last bits of their karmic debt necessary to reach the next stage or level of awareness. As enlightenment is a continual process and never a final destination, continuous growth, even through a defining satori event, is mandated. Even Siddhartha did not attain final enlightenment during his time on earth. Purportedly, the human body is too weak a vessel to achieve that.

maurice
8th November 2014, 22:59
A rush of synchronicity in this video at 26:30 , just heard this emotion review from Mary Rodwell (strongly suggest to watch part 1 as well).
vecEqcUgewk
Link to watch at the specific time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vecEqcUgewk&start=1590

Thanks so much for that link pathwalker , totally on track . Is their any chance you could do me a huge favour and post it on my thread because I am completely dyslexic when it comes to that sort of thing .

Pris
9th November 2014, 09:55
Maybe I'am a bit weird here, but I don't feel any anger at all, its just not there... I try to see the bigger picture, and often try to understand why things are as they are, or why people act like they act.... and from there nothing happens except avoidance, if that gets me out of an undesired situation.

Yeah. I agree with the maybe on that. You weirdo, you.

Maybe it's your personality type. People just don't 'feel' the same way. Some feel more intensely or less intensely than others. For example, I am an ENFP and I live with an ISTJ. There's a huge difference in intensity of emotion between us.

Pris
9th November 2014, 10:01
Children have the ability to clear and shift/clear emotions instantly.
Adults lose this ability when we learn to analyze and calculate past/future actions. There comes revenge, victimhood and envy.

Yes, I think you're onto something here...

Btw, I get lots of 'answers' when I go back and remember what it was like when I was a kid.

Skyhaven
9th November 2014, 12:30

Maybe it's your personality type. People just don't 'feel' the same way. Some feel more intensely or less intensely than others. For example, I am an ENFP and I live with an ISTJ. There's a huge difference in intensity of emotion between us.

To each their own, I can see how some people like the roller-coaster feeling of emotions. Its not really for me though, it drains my energies, and I have to recover from that for like two days. :eek:

PathWalker
9th November 2014, 15:50

Hey Skyhaven, maybe you are not a human being. No offense, it is quite normal here. There are many beings here dressed in human form that are not human. We are all taking the great ride to the "Event".

Mark
9th November 2014, 19:35
Btw, I get lots of 'answers' when I go back and remember what it was like when I was a kid.

Yes. This encompasses so much, thank you for making this connection Pris. Children of probably between 3 - 8 have such an ability to flow with life. They experience the strongest of emotions, anger, happiness, etc. but can release them all in an instant. They can be crying and upset one moment, happy and bubbling the next, and they do not hold on to the emotion or the memory of it. That happens later as family and societal structures take hold and that early innocence is lost. The buildup of experience, both negative and positive, hardens those synaptic pathways and habit and repetition, in thinking and acting, become ingrained. To our jaded eyes that early grace looks like savagery in a way, uncivilized behavior as they are beset by their desires and are learning to temper them in the process of their early learning on how to be a member of society.

It is a sad process to have to civilize a child. But if a parent does not do it, society will.

Carmen
9th November 2014, 20:26
Emotional are not good or bad, they are just emotions, but they can become very habitual and addictive. Ever known people who hang on to their emotions, let them build, then spew them over unsuspecting friends or relatives. It's bloody tiresome! Some people it takes alcohol to start the spewing, others it just takes a wee trigger! It's easy to recognise in other people, maybe not so easy in yourself initially! But it is pretty obvious. and it's just like a drug! They need a 'hit' every now and then! They feel marvellous afterwards because they have gotten rid of their crap. Unfortunately it's all over their friends or loved ones.

In spiritual terms I think the emotions could be called the 'veils'. They certainly stop spiritual advancement in my opinion. This emotional addiction can very easily be explained in scientific term also. The huge release of adrenalin at the spewing of emotions stage then the cortisone of the calming influence afterwards. It's a chemical addiction entirely produced in ones body.

Thank you Rahkyt, you explain things very well.

Pris
9th November 2014, 22:04

To each their own, I can see how some people like the roller-coaster feeling of emotions. Its not really for me though, it drains my energies, and I have to recover from that for like two days. :eek:

Haha! Yes, 'the roller-coaster feeling of emotions' is something you either like or dislike, but I think it depends on how you're wired (whether to like or dislike). Also, the amount -- or intensity -- of emotion you have may also not be your 'choice'. Rather, it comes with the human package so to speak. So, if you fight whatever happens to be your 'true' nature, you'll have personality problems.

Learning to feel/explore all our emotions deeply (well, as deeply as your wiring permits) is what may be required to allow us to transcend them... but, only after they have been assimilated.

Isn't that an oxymoron lol? :heh:

Pris
9th November 2014, 22:11

Yes. This encompasses so much, thank you for making this connection Pris. Children of probably between 3 - 8 have such an ability to flow with life. They experience the strongest of emotions, anger, happiness, etc. but can release them all in an instant. They can be crying and upset one moment, happy and bubbling the next, and they do not hold on to the emotion or the memory of it. That happens later as family and societal structures take hold and that early innocence is lost. The buildup of experience, both negative and positive, hardens those synaptic pathways and habit and repetition, in thinking and acting, become ingrained. To our jaded eyes that early grace looks like savagery in a way, uncivilized behavior as they are beset by their desires and are learning to temper them in the process of their early learning on how to be a member of society.

It is a sad process to have to civilize a child. But if a parent does not do it, society will.

Absolutely. Then, as an adult we must learn how to become savage and uncivilized once again. :biggrin1:

http://riverbankoftruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/73628_10151234426313842_981802517_n.jpg

Pris
9th November 2014, 22:16
Emotional are not good or bad, they are just emotions, but they can become very habitual and addictive. Ever known people who hang on to their emotions, let them build, then spew them over unsuspecting friends or relatives. It's bloody tiresome! Some people it takes alcohol to start the spewing, others it just takes a wee trigger! It's easy to recognise in other people, maybe not so easy in yourself initially! But it is pretty obvious. and it's just like a drug! They need a 'hit' every now and then! They feel marvellous afterwards because they have gotten rid of their crap. Unfortunately it's all over their friends or loved ones.

In spiritual terms I think the emotions could be called the 'veils'. They certainly stop spiritual advancement in my opinion. This emotional addiction can very easily be explained in scientific term also. The huge release of adrenalin at the spewing of emotions stage then the cortisone of the calming influence afterwards. It's a chemical addiction entirely produced in ones body.

Thank you Rahkyt, you explain things very well.

One must allow the spewing of others' emotions to roll off one's back.

http://jodiaman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Like-water-off-a-ducks-back.png

Carmen
10th November 2014, 00:42
Yeah, that's the trick, but emotional spewers seem to be able to suss out vulnerable people who cannot let it roll off their backs! They recognise those who will not put up with their **** and don't even go there! They are often control freaks!

Pris
10th November 2014, 01:18
Yeah, that's the trick, but emotional spewers seem to be able to suss out vulnerable people who cannot let it roll off their backs! They recognise those who will not put up with their **** and don't even go there! They are often control freaks!

That's right. It's a tough lesson, unfortunately. That's why those who are vulnerable need to learn how to build up the proverbial shield to protect themselves so that they are no longer vulnerable.

Btw, who did you mean is the control freak? The control freak or the one who won't put up with their crappola?

PurpleLama
10th November 2014, 01:27
She means those who like spewing their crap are often control freaks.

Mark
10th November 2014, 01:38
Absolutely. Then, as an adult we must learn how to become savage and uncivilized once again. :biggrin1:

Yes, that is so. :)

Able to express those emotions you mention in the OP, fear, vanity, guilt, anger, with the purity of innocence, which is a lack of judgment and acceptance, as well as their oppositional expressions, fearlessness, selflessness, responsibility and calmness, also with that same purity of innocence. This is balance. Truth without duplicity. The lion and the lamb within us each, coexisting in perfect harmony.

Pris
10th November 2014, 01:40
She means those who like spewing their crap are often control freaks.

Personally, I happen to be a control freak that won't put up with crappola. Hmmm... :P

Pris
10th November 2014, 01:45

Yes, that is so. :)

Able to express those emotions you mention in the OP, fear, vanity, guilt, anger, with the purity of innocence, which is a lack of judgment and acceptance, as well as their oppositional expressions, fearlessness, selflessness, responsibility and calmness, also with that same purity of innocence. This is balance. Truth without duplicity. The lion and the lamb within us each, coexisting in perfect harmony.

Super comment, Rahkyt! That really gets to the core of it!