PDA

View Full Version : Does the universe have a purpose ?

Atlas
9th November 2014, 10:07
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44908464/avalon/Universe/universe-purpose.gif

Source: http://www.templeton.org/purpose/pdfs/bq_universe.pdf

KZzEUrPdX1I

Hazel
9th November 2014, 10:25
LOVIN' THIS ONE!

Aaaw right off the top of any deeper thought, experiential reflection and responses... Good ol' Jane Goodall hasta' be in on the 'know' ;)
And so does the Emeritus of Astronomy.

Be back with some more commentary once l've de-fluffed my navel
and considered with due proprietary and metaphysical delving(s) :boom:

Observer1964
9th November 2014, 10:51
I think the Universe is a holographic creation that in some way is made by splitting completeness into its opposing forces and exposing awareness to those opposites to experience itself subjectivly in order to become more complete. Taken that every spirit is a kind of divine atom, a splitt-off talent that grows by experiencing interaction with other splitt-off atoms and their talent. or something like that.

rP3h3el3WQ8

Agape
9th November 2014, 11:00
The Universe ? Why they did not ask these gentlemen if they think they have a purpose ;)

Skyhaven
9th November 2014, 11:10
The purpose maybe existence itself...

Infinite Merkaba
9th November 2014, 11:20
Regardless of what it is, how it has come to be, there are no mistakes and the universe is a special part of everyone's existence. It has many purposes to us to everything else that exists, from symbolic meaning to deep understandings of ones self.
Namaste

Hervé
9th November 2014, 12:06
Ha!

Well, that's the sort of question which begs another one:

"Is the answer to the question worth knowing?"

Nx8LAFSY3Ws
(thanks Bob!)

See?

Because the big problem is, one would have to be outside of that universe in order to be able to formulate any hypothesis ebauche about it... trouble is we (albeit a few exceptions) are all right in some middle of it...

:gaah:

joeecho
9th November 2014, 12:52
The Universe's purpose is to be a reflection of purpose.

joeecho
9th November 2014, 13:00
Ha!

Well, that's the sort of question which begs another one:

"Is the answer to the question worth knowing?"

And another one.....

Is the question "Is the answer to the question worth knowing?" worth asking?

http://deeper-down-the-rabbit-hole.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/209101_215553741795047_215532938463794_993548_8201 099_o.jpg

sirdipswitch
9th November 2014, 14:42
Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.

Let's see now... if it's a game for the fool... and it's the game of Source... then that would make our Supreme Creator...

the Head Fool... ccc.:wizard:

sirdipswitch
9th November 2014, 14:47
Oh and by the way... yes it does have a purpose...

It gives me sompthin to do...:wizard:

joeecho
9th November 2014, 14:56
Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.

Let's see now... if it's a game for the fool... and it's the game of Source... then that would make our Supreme Creator...

Well, if it's ours then we can play with it at will. Game on! :)

Ready?

http://woman.thenest.com/DM-Resize/photos.demandstudios.com/getty/article/217/243/162124275.jpg?w=600&h=600&keep_ratio=1

It's going to be a ball.

ZooLife
9th November 2014, 15:05
Oh and by the way... yes it does have a purpose...

It gives me sompthin to do...:wizard:

Taking a crap is also something to do.

It's a noble purpose if you gotta go............

ghostrider
9th November 2014, 15:39
well you gotta put all the things creation creates somewhere ...

ZooLife
9th November 2014, 15:57
well you gotta put all the things creation creates somewhere ...

There is no creating, there is no destroying.

It is experienced and perceived that way but just as before the sun comes up in the morning it is not perceived or experienced either but it's there, unperceived and unexperienced for the time being (to us).

There is nothing new only 'new' to you (or me). That can be said for 'creation' as well......

seeker/reader
9th November 2014, 16:03
Near death experiencer, Nanci Danison, REMEMBERED the creation of the Universe during her experience. In the afterlife, unencumbered by her physical body, she was able to reconnect with Universal Knowledge, whereby any question she pondered was immediately answered by her REMEMBERING everything that she had already KNOWN. She had to shed her programming, that she had been brainwashed into believing as a human, but once she did so, the proverbial veil had been lifted and she remembered who she truly was (part of Source, which is why she could REMEMBER creation) and how she fit into the grander scheme of the Universe.

She explains it better than anyone else I have come across. Here is just a small part of her story. To get a full understanding, please read one of her books.

1UlrWwli9Q0

o9G3hxtmg-8

mPW3RnNiJWg

ZooLife
9th November 2014, 16:21
Near death experiencer, Nanci Danison, REMEMBERED the creation of the Universe during her experience. She explains it better than anyone else I have come across.

1UlrWwli9Q0

I remembered experiencing the dawn and then it dawned on me that I will experience dusk and the night and the wheel will go round and round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp9dc9im3-M

Here comes the sun.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p-fANMqo0s

dim
9th November 2014, 16:28
who is asking ?

ZooLife
9th November 2014, 16:32
who is asking ?

You just did

sirdipswitch
9th November 2014, 17:13
Thanx Seeker!!!

Love Nancy!!!

Nuther goos vid from her...

BgEOvZldRC8

¤=[Post Update]=¤

oops!!! GOOD vid.. cc. not goos vid.

ZooLife
9th November 2014, 17:15

Wouldn't that just be rephrasing the question as in.... Does existence have a purpose?

skyflower
9th November 2014, 21:19
How Synchronistic of this post to show up out of the blue. I was just pondering this question myself .
I have gained a new insight to this question thanks to you all. :o

Patrikas
9th November 2014, 22:37
Realising that there is a whole multitude of consciousness in this universe my Q would be .what is my part in all this......cheers

joeecho
10th November 2014, 02:19
The purpose of the Universe is a tempt at flattery.

Are you flattered?

http://meetville.com/images/quotes/Quotation-Fyodor-Dostoyevsky-world-honesty-truth-Meetville-Quotes-213207.jpg

Wind
10th November 2014, 06:25
If it didn't, would I be writing my words here so that you could read them? Just a question. ;)

See my signature!

Herbert
10th November 2014, 17:47
Yes.
The purpose of all Universes is to ask a question.

In the case of this Universe 2 questions were asked.

What would happen if every soul could experience free will?

What would the experience be like if the entire non-physical soul could be contained within a physical body?

Skyhaven
11th November 2014, 18:49

Wouldn't that just be rephrasing the question as in.... Does existence have a purpose?

No, I mean by this that the purpose of the universe/existence is to exist the way it does right now.