PDA

View Full Version : Why is the MSM now training us to think low oil prices are bad?

Tesseract
12th November 2014, 17:37
Have you noticed the (US) media spin on the falling oil price? What is the objective of this? It's quite inconsistent with the mantra from a few years ago that rising oil prices were hurting the economy. Cheap energy should 'lubricate' economies by lowering transport, raw materials and processing costs.

It reminds me a little of US republicans complaining of the stock market falling under Obama (early in the term), and the same voices now complaining that the market is rising. But, that can be explained by partisan politics. The idea that they are trying to implant - that cheap oil is bad - seems to have bipartisan media support.

Any thoughts?

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/12/news/economy/gas-3-energy-outlook/index.html?iid=Lead

Joe Akulis
12th November 2014, 17:57
I think part of it has to do with some of the more modern types of oil extraction that we've been able to profit from recently. If prices stay below 80 bucks a barrel for too long, then the oil sand business and the shale oil business, and even other deep well activity becomes unprofitable and gets shut down until prices are manipul... I mean until prices naturally rise back up in a free and fair market. :-)

That's definitely only a partial reason for the negative spin on low prices in the press. I think there's also a lot of petrodollar games going on where perhaps the low prices are benefitting other countries who are in the process of finally removing the tentacle of having to trade in US currency.

DeBron
12th November 2014, 18:05
Well lower prices will negatively affect the oil boom that we have in America right now.

One primary reason for oil prices declining is that Libya has gotten back up to near normal production from years ago. Civil unrest has subsided enough for oil production to substantially resume there. They are expected to make 1.5 million barrels of oil a day by the end of this year. In July of 2013 they were making just 200,000 barrels a day.

If someone is stoking fear that lower gas prices are bad, it is truly because they, or those that they represent are gonna be making less money.

Snookie
12th November 2014, 19:01
I read an article a while ago that said Secretary of State Kerry paid a visit to the Saudi's back in September asking them to drop the price of their oil. The reason for doing this, it was felt was to adversely affect the Russian economy which relies heavily on gas & oil exports. This was done once before to them during Gorbachev's time, and brought Russia to it's knees.

This is why Putin is making deals with China, and giving the Chineese's President's wife a shall at a recent event. In essence telling the world that Russia will be keeping the Chineese "warm". At least that's my take on the situation at first glance.

Koyaanisqatsi
12th November 2014, 23:35
I read an article a while ago that said Secretary of State Kerry paid a visit to the Saudi's back in September asking them to drop the price of their oil. The reason for doing this, it was felt was to adversely affect the Russian economy which relies heavily on gas & oil exports. This was done once before to them during Gorbachev's time, and brought Russia to it's knees.

This is why Putin is making deals with China, and giving the Chineese's President's wife a shall at a recent event. In essence telling the world that Russia will be keeping the Chineese "warm". At least that's my take on the situation at first glance.

This exactly. Except this time, its not working. Russia is holding the economic high cards here despite the western attempts to crumble their economy. We're pushing them into trading more and more with asian nations and theyre doing just that. The rouble has suffered, however, falling over 3% in recent months but its western economies that cannot wait, which is why were seeing such provokations and escalation of tensions imo. West cant fund a massive war in ten years, but in the next year or two..... China and russia slow play, sitting and waiting for the decrpit west to fall

DeDukshyn
12th November 2014, 23:57
Have you noticed the (US) media spin on the falling oil price? What is the objective of this? It's quite inconsistent with the mantra from a few years ago that rising oil prices were hurting the economy. Cheap energy should 'lubricate' economies by lowering transport, raw materials and processing costs.

It reminds me a little of US republicans complaining of the stock market falling under Obama (early in the term), and the same voices now complaining that the market is rising. But, that can be explained by partisan politics. The idea that they are trying to implant - that cheap oil is bad - seems to have bipartisan media support.

Any thoughts?

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/12/news/economy/gas-3-energy-outlook/index.html?iid=Lead

Because the USA needs its oil from Canada -- they are trying to get away from all middle east oil. The middle east countries are flooding the market so the global oil prices drop and the Alberta tar sands become less profitable (more expensive to extract than middle east oil), in order to force the tar sands to reduce output, to keep the USA buying their oil instead of Canada's.

So the low oil prices are bad for the keystone pipeline, etc, they are "bad" in the sense that it helps keep USA buying middle east oil, in the middle of a massive shift to focus on Canada's oil (the USA now buys more oil from Canada than any middle east country).

It's really that simple. It is all political. Expect the prices to keep going down and the middle east countries to keep flooding the market to their ability, until the US gets new reasons to invade middle east countries and take over their oil sales, as was done in Iraq - and now Canada will stand behind this 100% as well, unlike the previous Iraq war. ISIS wasn't funded over a half a billion dollars by the USA and Canada for no reason ... It was a chess move ;)

KaiLee
13th November 2014, 07:29
What annoys me is the refusal by oil companies to lower the price at the bowser. Petrol has gone down a mere 10cents a litre (approx. 40cents a gallon) since the height of prices. Thieves.
And if my rough calculations are correct, Aussies are paying about $5 US a gallon anyway. Of course, we've been stupid enough to close down all our refineries.

DeDukshyn
13th November 2014, 15:19

Russia can extract oil cheaper than Canada can by a fair margin .. it doesn't make all that much sense when Canada is the #1 supplier of oil to the US .. and also vying for Chinese market -- Harper was just there securing trade deals. Do you recall where the article was Snookie?

TargeT
13th November 2014, 15:48
Because the USA needs its oil from Canada -- they are trying to get away from all middle east oil. The middle east countries are flooding the market so the global oil prices drop and the Alberta tar sands become less profitable (more expensive to extract than middle east oil), in order to force the tar sands to reduce output, to keep the USA buying their oil instead of Canada's.

So the low oil prices are bad for the keystone pipeline, etc, they are "bad" in the sense that it helps keep USA buying middle east oil, in the middle of a massive shift to focus on Canada's oil (the USA now buys more oil from Canada than any middle east country).

It's really that simple. It is all political. Expect the prices to keep going down and the middle east countries to keep flooding the market to their ability, until the US gets new reasons to invade middle east countries and take over their oil sales, as was done in Iraq - and now Canada will stand behind this 100% as well, unlike the previous Iraq war. ISIS wasn't funded over a half a billion dollars by the USA and Canada for no reason ... It was a chess move ;)

I don't think this is the case, the middle eastern oil producers (OPEC) are the US's lapdogs, they do what we tell them todo.

It's much more likely that we are purposefully lowering the price of oil to hurt russia and the BRICS; Canada is a very minor player in this game.

the media play is a tactic, this topic is covered in depth here:
5M1KD7Dnq4s

Military tensions, cyber espionage accusations, a brewing currency war; with every passing day, the headlines paint a convincing portrait of an emerging cold war between China and the West. But is this surface level reality the whole picture, or is there a deeper level to this conflict? Is China an opponent to the New World Order global governmental system or a witting collaborator with it? Join us in this in-depth edition of The Corbett Report podcast as we explore China's position in the New World Order.

Snookie
13th November 2014, 16:33

Russia can extract oil cheaper than Canada can by a fair margin .. it doesn't make all that much sense when Canada is the #1 supplier of oil to the US .. and also vying for Chinese market -- Harper was just there securing trade deals. Do you recall where the article was Snookie?

This was one of the articles that referenced the U.S. manipulating the energy sector with Russia.
http://gizadeathstar.com/2014/11/russian-security-analyst-sees-situation-interview-nikolai-patrushev-rossiskaya-gazetta/

Here is the original article.
http://www.veteransnewsnow.com/2014/10/24/cold-war-ii-interview-with-nikolay-patrushev-secretary-of-the-russian-security-council/

I don't think Kerry's visit to Saudi Arabia is specifically mentioned in that article. I think I heard about it in an interview.

I'm reading a booklet called "The War Against Putin - What the Government Media Complex Isn't Telling You About Russia" by M S King. It gives a good overview of Russian history from the murdering of the Romanov family up to April of this year. It describes some of the political issues and hot potatoes Putin has to deal with.

raregem
13th November 2014, 18:14
Seeing the yahoo headlines demanding, "People, get used to LOW gas prices". The pix included shows gas prices slightly under the $3.00 mark. How funny this becomes. The prices jumped from -close to the one dollar mark per gallon to $3.00 -and stayed there or above for several years now. I read this is when the oil companies made the highest profits ever. NOW THEY make headlines to try to get us to be thankful they lowered there greed in such a miniscule way as to be a "godsend".

DeDukshyn
14th November 2014, 00:15

I don't think this is the case, the middle eastern oil producers (OPEC) are the US's lapdogs, they do what we tell them todo.

It's much more likely that we are purposefully lowering the price of oil to hurt russia and the BRICS; Canada is a very minor player in this game.

the media play is a tactic, this topic is covered in depth here:
5M1KD7Dnq4s

Military tensions, cyber espionage accusations, a brewing currency war; with every passing day, the headlines paint a convincing portrait of an emerging cold war between China and the West. But is this surface level reality the whole picture, or is there a deeper level to this conflict? Is China an opponent to the New World Order global governmental system or a witting collaborator with it? Join us in this in-depth edition of The Corbett Report podcast as we explore China's position in the New World Order.

Not sure how Canada is that minor of a player ... here is the 2013 status of US oil imports (Canada has since climbed higher and Saudi Arabia has gone to 3rd place): Most people weren't looking when this happened -- from a few years back Canada was near the bottom - drastic change since the oils sands in Alberta were opened up.

http://www.randalolson.com/wp-content/uploads/us-oil-imports-top-10.png
(if my hotlink is broke click here): http://www.randalolson.com/wp-content/uploads/us-oil-imports-top-10.png

from here: http://www.randalolson.com/2014/08/28/where-the-u-s-gets-its-oil-from/

As soon as oil hits somewhere around $70 - $75 the companies working in the oil sands in Alberta will start to close down. The USA has vastly increased its own oil production as well, but Russia can also extract oil cheaper than the USA can. So if the USA's 1st and second sources (USA and Canada respectively) can't compete with as low of oil prices as Russia and the middle east can, I still fail to see how this affects Russia that much. Canada just struck a trade deal with China to do trade without using the US dollar at all - CAD to YUAN directly and vice versa -- I am certain Russia would have or seek similar deals (allows for cheaper trading - no middle man)

something doesn't seem right ... either that or someone really sucks at chess and I gave them too much credit, or perhaps this explains why Harper was in China opening freer trade between China and Canada ;) It's no secret Canada has zero issues selling its oil to China - a lack of pipeline from Alberta to the East (which is planned) is the only thing stopping major oil exports to China ... hmmm.

sigma6
14th November 2014, 11:12

This is why Putin is making deals with China, and giving the Chinese's President's wife a shall at a recent event. In essence telling the world that Russia will be keeping the Chinese "warm". At least that's my take on the situation at first glance.

This exactly. Except this time, its not working. Russia is holding the economic high cards here despite the western attempts to crumble their economy. We're pushing them into trading more and more with asian nations and they're doing just that. The rouble has suffered, however, falling over 3% in recent months but its western economies that cannot wait, which is why were seeing such provocations and escalation of tensions imo. West cant fund a massive war in ten years, but in the next year or two..... China and russia slow play, sitting and waiting for the decrepit west to fall

That will just make Russia an even better buy on the open Market. Now I know why Jim Rogers moved to Singapore, and I would loooooovee to hear his take on this market behind closed doors... In the back of my mind I still think Steve Pieczenik makes the most sense, things seem too orchestrated to me... Everything seems to happen on cue... The world is so complicated and intertwined, it takes massive coordination behind the scenes that mere mortals could never begin to fathom... Enter, "Global theatre of the mind" They are all in on it... (strange!) In order to avoid huge de-stabilization... "they" know that the US dollar decline cannot be stopped... it IS a mathematical certainty... if anything the US has been keeping it on life support for the past 25 years, 911 was a Bell Tower moment, a distraction to many, an economic tolling of the bell to others, (tarot card symbolism) A simple exponential chart and economic history is proof, the US dollar as we know it, is done... kaput, finito... On the other hand, the globalists also need Russia and China to be more developed in other areas of infrastructure... But how can this be done in advance, without tipping their hand?... Since it will take months and years to do? and involve massive restructuring, that can't possibly go unnoticed... This is one possible interpretation...

So China is industrializing away as it always does, Russia is going into overdrive to modernize it's banking computer technology in order to accommodate the next financial system, that will eventually integrate into the existing Japanese and Hong Kong Markets, which are right now integrating with the Shanghai Market... (how convenient) And I think Russia wanted to further rationalize its food production and distribution system, probably things they put on their own wish list... in anticipation of the growing exodus of human population that will be migrating East over the next 10-20 years... and so on... Annexing Eastern Ukraine is just a part of the necessary infrastructure and deal making... I think Petroshenko was left holding the bag... The Russians purposely overspent huge on Sochi for future purposes, and then on cue, the West just dumped massive negative media all over it... (to suppress it for now?)

So in many ways, it essentially it looks like a much needed infrastructure build out in the East in anticipation of the shift of geopolitical and more importantly, economic activity which will be more Eastern centered in and around China, East Asia, Russia, India...

Then factor India and China's work on Thorium Reactors which are already in prototype. And should be in production in next 5 years. I don't think there is any more research to be done (that wasn't already done 50 years ago...) When the manufacture of these Reactors hits' the public, the energy scarcity market should be over. Unlike Solar, Wind, hydro, they can be built in any environment, and unlike current Rockefeller GE Fuku Kuku Reactors, they will be hundreds of times less to build and hundreds of times cheaper to operate... per capita of energy produced... The dangerous and polluting Rockefeller controlled GE Reactors that blew up in Fukushima (fu** yu?) are over. Another reason the Rothschild's are getting out of oil??? (cause it sure ain't to clean up their image... )

i.e. I still believe that Thorium Reactors are ALL PLUSES in terms of cost, efficiency, maintenance, safety, environmental friendliness... The research was done over 50 years ago... And they don't have to build massive huge ones, they can build small distributed power plants all across the country, in any country... it will make Candu obsolete, when these things hit the market...

From doing all the research on LEDs... I realized how cheap electricity actually is... i.e. when I calculated that the average cost over here is 10/KW... and that the cost of running a 5.5watt LED continuously, 24/7/365, for example, would work out to be around $5.28 CDN per year! (even a 60w would be about a $1 week at 24/7) That really put things into perspective for me... but what if it cost (at the most conservative, even 10 time less than it does now? Which I imagine without all this mafia control of our economy, finally the impossible to achieve "distribution of wealth" holy grail problem will be finally solved...(it was the mob all along!) But even from a purely technology point of view, there should be cheaper electricity on the way... Thorium reactions are 200x more efficient... more efficiency, less waste, less cost to build, less cost to maintain, by huge ridiculous margins... And this is already existing technology... right here, right now... If they can build portable units for Carriers, and arctic/antarctic bases, and underground facilities, they can build it for working families... they already built on 50 years ago! and it is 100% obvious it was stopped for political reasons alone, and nothing else... my 2

ub747pprmJ8

TargeT
14th November 2014, 16:33
From doing all the research on LEDs... I realized how cheap electricity actually is... i.e. when I calculated that the average cost over here is 10/KW... and that the cost of running a 5.5watt LED continuously, 24/7/365, for example, would work out to be around $5.28 CDN per year! (even a 60w would be about a $1 week at 24/7) That really put things into perspective for me... but what if it cost (at the most conservative, even 10 time less than it does now? Which I imagine without all this mafia control of our economy, finally the impossible to achieve "distribution of wealth" holy grail problem will be finally solved...(it was the mob all along!) But even from a purely technology point of view, there should be cheaper electricity on the way... Thorium reactions are 200x more efficient... more efficiency, less waste, less cost to build, less cost to maintain, by huge ridiculous margins... And this is already existing technology... right here, right now... If they can build portable units for Carriers, and arctic/antarctic bases, and underground facilities, they can build it for working families... they already built on 50 years ago! and it is 100% obvious it was stopped for political reasons alone, and nothing else... my 2

The real currency of the world is Energy, everything else is a proxy.

Energy must be controlled at all costs and kept only in the hands of those that are desired to have it; keeping this in mind explains a lot of what is going on today.

I'm living in a (comparatively) extreme expression of this, we pay $0.54 kw/h where I live and the STRANGLE hold that simple fact has on the economy is amazing; the median income is 20,000 or less, poverty everywhere, small businesses cannot keep their doors open etc.. and I think the cost of energy (gasoline is also about $4.19/G for the cheap stuff) is a huge if not the primary factor.

it can be as simple or complicated as we want, on the simple end it's the control of energy we face.

Maia Gabrial
15th November 2014, 16:41
Imo, oil priced high or low is bad. We need something else now. But you're right about Lamestream trying to make people think something cheaper is bad, Tesseract.
The outdated oil guzzling technologies we've been forced to use for so long has worn out its usefulness. Looong overdue!

I'm waiting for the antigravity technologies to come out now....