PDA

View Full Version : Earth's Ten Most Mysterious Lost Worlds

TelosianEmbrace
16th November 2014, 08:39
It's places like these that intrigue me. For some reason the societal position that everything has been discovered and understood is so pervasive, and yet so inaccurate. It would be nice for our society to come from a place of respect and wonder when looking out upon the world.

My favourite of these top ten is Movile Cave in Romania, completely sealed underground for the last 5.5 million years. Movile Cave had no light and no oxygen and an environment rich in hydrogen sulphide and carbon dioxide until it was opened up. Translucent creatures had to live on chemosynthesis rather than photosynthesis to survive.

Some of these wonders have been discovered only in recent years, and it makes you wonder just how many incredible places and creatures there are still out there that we don't know about.

-HhXOz0EsP0

ulli
16th November 2014, 08:54
It's places like these that intrigue me. For some reason the societal position that everything has been discovered and understood is so pervasive, and yet so inaccurate. It would be nice for our society to come from a place of respect and wonder when looking out upon the world.

My favourite of these top ten is Movile Cave in Romania, completely sealed underground for the last 5.5 million years. Movile Cave had no light and no oxygen and an environment rich in hydrogen sulphide and carbon dioxide until it was opened up. Translucent creatures had to live on chemosynthesis rather than photosynthesis to survive.

Some of these wonders have been discovered only in recent years, and it makes you wonder just how many incredible places and creatures there are still out there that we don't know about.

-HhXOz0EsP0

I would say the answer is infinite and the possibilities are endless.
The more an individual grows in their spiritual development the more astonishing their journey becomes,
as the outer world is a reflection of that inner state.
And then comes the discovery that there simply is no end in either direction, neither microcosm nor macrocosm.
All negative experiences can then be seen as brief test periods which help with further growth.
Thanks for sharing your perceptions of how wondrous this planet is.

Lifebringer
16th November 2014, 09:23
Thank you they are beautiful. I hope one day I get to do some traveling to such points.

ghostrider
16th November 2014, 14:48
Our ET friends say there are over one million species we have yet to discover ...thanks for the video , the hybrid Librarian has some really great videos ...

sandy
16th November 2014, 23:21
Really speaks to me that there is Life everywhere :cool: