PDA

View Full Version : Learning to read between lines

Tangri
19th November 2014, 21:53
It is crucial to read between lines if you want to find out hidden truths.

This thread is going to archive what you found interesting to analyze.

My starting post from Main media news.

" Large numbers of people have told pollsters they want severe travel restrictions, similar to the measures imposed in Canada. The U.S. government has said it would do more harm than good"

There is no reference for pollsters' identity and how large the numbers of people are.

What is your reading?

KaiLee
19th November 2014, 22:25
Nor does it state who the 'large numbers of people' are. How was the decision made on who would be contacted for the poll. What information was or was not given to these people before the question was asked. Exactly how was the question framed.

Basically, without full knowledge of the process, the above statement is meaningless.

Pris
19th November 2014, 23:36
" Large numbers of people have told pollsters they want severe travel restrictions, similar to the measures imposed in Canada. The U.S. government has said it would do more harm than good"

If it comes from 'mainstream', you can be assured it mostly all reads like this poppycock.

Have you noticed how it also uses reverse psychology?

First, set up the initial lie that some apparent group of people tell so-called pollsters they want 'severe travel restrictions'. LOL. Seriously!

Then, pretend to be the 'all-caring government' saying 'it would do more harm than good'.

Finally, implement the plan saying, 'Our hands were tied. We had to do what the people wanted.' LOL!!

Tangri
20th November 2014, 00:10
I spend few hours to contact the source(Tor-star, Metro) to find out who the reporter was, for that article, no hope. What they said it was The Canadian Press, no writer came up with following.

Last 5 years I have spend my leisure time to find out or establish contact people who were the source of strange news or same level strange proposed law.
My question were to them how they get that point and what their intuitive was.
Their strange rebound question was , How my profession is related with that curiosity.

Tangri
20th November 2014, 00:40
Under the Quarantine Act, when arriving in Canada, you must report to a Border Services Officer, if you have, or suspect you have a contagious illness or if you have been close to someone with a contagious illness. The Border Services Officer will determine whether you need to be referred to a Quarantine Officer for further assessment.

As of November 19th, 2014, the Border Services Officer will refer all travellers from Mali to a Quarantine Officer for further assessment.

The Quarantine Officer will give all travellers a detailed screening, including temperature check.

I tried to contact The Ministry of Health to find out who proposed this cautionary assessment, Answer was "The prime Minister office" No name again.

If we find the names of particular acts we can trace the real source.

And believe me it is very scary for them

Meggings
20th November 2014, 03:06
Tangri, this is a good idea, to persist and dig to find who is saying such things, in order to call them to account. We Canadians travel a great deal because our country is so big. Now, seeing the source given about people wanting travel restrictions being Tor-Star Metro - in Toronto we have a large newspaper called "The Toronto Star", and it is possible such a statement is a PARTIAL quote about rush hour traffic - Toronto is I believe the most congested city, with the worst rush hour traffic, in the world. My husband said last week that rush hour lasts eight hours - in effect, is all day long. It could be a PARTIAL quote about something that deals with local traffic and not with people wanting travel restrictions - which is utterly ridiculous. Manipulation of words and ideas.

Pris
20th November 2014, 03:45
Tangri, this is a good idea, to persist and dig to find who is saying such things, in order to call them to account. We Canadians travel a great deal because our country is so big. Now, seeing the source given about people wanting travel restrictions being Tor-Star Metro - in Toronto we have a large newspaper called "The Toronto Star", and it is possible such a statement is a PARTIAL quote about rush hour traffic - Toronto is I believe the most congested city, with the worst rush hour traffic, in the world. My husband said last week that rush hour lasts eight hours - in effect, is all day long. It could be a PARTIAL quote about something that deals with local traffic and not with people wanting travel restrictions - which is utterly ridiculous. Manipulation of words and ideas.

Ooooh, taken out of context... That's possible. :)

markoid
20th November 2014, 05:39
I'm pretty sure the government would be referring to 'economic' harm.

Gemma13
20th November 2014, 17:47
Great topic! Tangri could you please provide source if mainstream media radio broadcast, and/or links if not, for your quote:

"Large numbers of people have told pollsters they want severe travel restrictions, similar to the measures imposed in Canada. The U.S. government has said it would do more harm than good"

Yes, unfortunately not as easy as it sounds though in some areas. I am currently in the process of investigating a particular Act in Western Australia, that was introduced over ten years ago, which uses artificial intelligence to take a snap shot point of evidence that results in a strict liability law and is providing unjust enrichment. The labyrinth one has to travel to get a "simple answer and inception point" is sensational. I am not giving up though as I have taken this to the Supreme Court hoping for a review into policy reform.
Thanks
Gemma13

Tangri
21st November 2014, 01:04
Great topic! Tangri could you please provide source if mainstream media radio broadcast, and/or links if not, for your quote:

"Large numbers of people have told pollsters they want severe travel restrictions, similar to the measures imposed in Canada. The U.S. government has said it would do more harm than good"

I found the name of reporter as "Alexander Panetta" for Canadian Press. She didn't return my call back yet.

Metro News achieve doesn't have originally printed one but I am posting scanned version.

I covered advertisement because of Avalon Forum policy

Tangri
23rd November 2014, 00:38
This is my favorite reading(watching)(writing) between lines.

If you find the full episode, it's last 2 minutes is the best IMO.

gT-Vf_x4Dc4

Tangri
23rd November 2014, 01:16
I found it, even it lost 1 min. it is ok to grasp the idea.:o

gqlx77c6qj0

Tangri
26th November 2014, 00:15
I found full episode.

You can PM me, if you want a link.

Tangri
27th November 2014, 02:09
Russian hackers swipe personal videos

Thatís among the simple manufacturer default passwords that have been exploited to swipe personal video from computers in more than 100 countries, including Canada, and post the footage on a Russian website, according to Britainís information commission.

The hackers have been targeting baby monitors, webcams and personal security cameras, uploading the footage to a site authorities wonít identify for fear of driving traffic its way.

The site claims to be showing hundreds of feeds from Canada, but Canadaís Privacy Commissioner could not confirm that number Thursday.

A child playing in Bucheon, South Korea, and an empty crib in Absecon, N.J., are among the video images that have appeared on the website, Britainís Information Commissionerís Office said Thursday. The hackers have streamed footage from bedrooms, office buildings, shops, laundromats, stables and barns, the agency said.

Spokeswoman Anne-Marie Hayden said the Privacy Commissionerís office was trying to get the hacked footage taken off the website.

What are you reading in this article?

http://www.thestar.com/business/tech_news/2014/11/20/youre_not_the_only_one_watching_your_baby_webcam_s ecurity_alert.html

A Voice from the Mountains
27th November 2014, 02:33
I have two basic guidelines for interpreting mainstream news. A news item is usually one of two things...

1) The news item is the exact opposite of the truth.

Example: Obama says the "Affordable Health Care Act" will... make health insurance more affordable. In reality, it benefits the insurance and medical industries by making insurance rates go up, along with encouraging jobs to give less than full time hours to avoid being required to provide insurance, etc.

2) The news item is a complete distraction from anything and everything meaningful.

Example: Britney Spears just shaved her head and went crazy.