PDA

View Full Version : Strange Lights Tonight

Gatita
22nd November 2014, 02:49
I saw some strange lights tonight. They were amber colored, at ground level, in a field along the southwest perimeter of Buckley AFB. My first thought was eye shine from the local coyotes, but I'm unaware of coyotes standing in formation. There was no unusual air traffic over the base. I drive that route five days a week around the same time of day. This is the first time I've seen these lights. I thought I'd share, on the chance that someone has some idea what they might be. I should add, the field is undeveloped and is home to prairie dogs, Ferruginous hawks, and coyotes. Also the occasional deer and probably foxes. Nothing that would explain the lights.

Cat

Tangri
22nd November 2014, 22:39
I saw some strange lights tonight. They were amber colored, at ground level, in a field along the southwest perimeter of Buckley AFB. My first thought was eye shine from the local coyotes, but I'm unaware of coyotes standing in formation. There was no unusual air traffic over the base. I drive that route five days a week around the same time of day. This is the first time I've seen these lights. I thought I'd share, on the chance that someone has some idea what they might be. I should add, the field is undeveloped and is home to prairie dogs, Ferruginous hawks, and coyotes. Also the occasional deer and probably foxes. Nothing that would explain the lights.

Cat

If you don't take a picture or video, it will be a bed story for the most of the people and you will not get any respond. Just a Hint

Gatita
23rd November 2014, 14:55
Can't take video and drive safely at the same time, and stopping to get out and take video there is an invitation to be coyote chow. They get aggressive.

Cat

Violet
23rd November 2014, 17:45
Did it look like this?

https://vid.me/csPw (from: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?33661-Belgian-skies-look-up-now-&highlight=belgian+skies)

Gatita
23rd November 2014, 19:51
Similar. Just not something I've seen in that open field before. And I drive through there several nights a week at about that same time. The lights were low enough to the ground to initially make me think eye shine, but as I said, coyotes aren't normally lined up in formation.

Cat

Violet
23rd November 2014, 20:17
Hey Cat, just added in the topic that's related to the vid. You may want to read through it, since you think it's similar, it might be useful.