PDA

View Full Version : Karma nonsense vs a reptilian cast system in India

wishinshow
26th November 2014, 13:29
Do you think that the dissemination of Karma as a spiritual concept/underpinning was used by Draco minions to justify the caste system in India and beyond?

Is it further being used to corrupt those who are investigating spirituality, in this modern world?

Or is there something else to consider?

jackovesk
26th November 2014, 13:44
Do you think that the dissemination of Karma as a spiritual concept/underpinning was used by Draco minions to justify the cast system in India and beyond?

Is it further being used to corrupt those who are investigating spirituality, in this modern world?

How ridiculous to cast the untouchables with that tainted brush emanating from a bizarre imagination...:faint:

Its also ridiculous to pigeon-hole such innocents for paying the price in this lifetime, stemming from bad karma in another...:noidea:

I trust you may want to have another look at your conspiratorial-ideology...:confused:

delfine
26th November 2014, 13:45
I think you definitely are on to something. Someone once said, that religion was invented to keep the poor from killing the rich. There is a lot of truth in that IMO.
Naturally if you make people believe that their miserable lot in life is due to karma, they will not plot a revolution.
The cast system secured a very stable and static society, where the highest castes had all the advantages, so that in itself makes it look like the cast system were made for the benefit of them in the first place.

wishinshow
26th November 2014, 13:47
@jackovesk thank you

ulli
26th November 2014, 14:00
Baha'u'llah told the early Persian Bahai's to go to India and teach the untouchables, to free them.
All beliefs which keep people entrapped are nothing but superstitions and should be removed from the face of the earth. And superstitions are dangerous, as all beliefs, including the worst ones, create that reality, to the point of cementing it. All organized religions need to be reformed into something inclusive.
The law of karma still stands, but it means cause and effect, or consequences.

Belief in reincarnation has to be adjusted to belief in advancement to higher worlds.
If it becomes too fixed, then people don't even check after their death if perhaps they are qualified to move on,
but automatically assume that they need to return thousands of times, again and again.
At least let's contemplate other options here.

So much for change being the only constant, huh?

MorningFox
26th November 2014, 15:03
How ridiculous to cast the untouchables with that tainted brush emanating from a bizarre imagination...:faint:

Its also ridiculous to pigeon-hole such innocents for paying the price in this lifetime, stemming from bad karma in another...:noidea:

I trust you may want to have another look at your conspiratorial-ideology...:confused:

What an unnecessarily rude and pompous response...

It would make sense that any widespread system would at least have its roots in control by those who control.

wishinshow
26th November 2014, 15:40

It would make sense that any widespread system would at least have its roots in control by those who control.

I don't think he meant it that way. I think he was being sarcastic and kind.

Catsquotl
26th November 2014, 15:47
Hmm.
Well ther's a twisted truth if ever I saw one.
We have the law of Karma. Cause and effect, cause - effect, cause....effect.

Then there's life.
life notices causes and effects and starts identifying. I am cause.. I am effect and before you know it it is me that's dying and being reborn...

In the end there's just life....No I to keep me going over lifetimes...

With Love
Eelco

Deega
26th November 2014, 15:51
I like Ulli response, religion needs to have ways to control, maintain their standing (with their members and recruitment) somehow, and be it a religion from the East or otherwise, they have similar tools, IMHO.

Violet
26th November 2014, 16:25
I think you definitely are on to something. Someone once said, that religion was invented to keep the poor from killing the rich. There is a lot of truth in that IMO.
Naturally if you make people believe that their miserable lot in life is due to karma, they will not plot a revolution.
The cast system secured a very stable and static society, where the highest castes had all the advantages, so that in itself makes it look like the cast system were made for the benefit of them in the first place.

When the buddha travelled to India and met with Hinduism he did not like it either. The fatality of a never-ending wheel that offers no prospect of improvement whatsoever wasn't going to be part of his teachings. So he made the adaptation that there must be hope and one can transcend a level and things can become better.

MorningFox
26th November 2014, 16:36
I don't think he meant it that way. I think he was being sarcastic and kind.

If that's true then my sincerest apologies for the misunderstanding :o

belljoshua565
26th November 2014, 17:33
When the buddha travelled to India and met with Hinduism he did not like it either
Where did he travel to India from?

Violet
26th November 2014, 17:54
When the buddha travelled to India and met with Hinduism he did not like it either
Where did he travel to India from?

Not sure and I don't have the book anymore because I returned it to the library, but since he's from Lumbini, Nepal, perhaps from there?

I looked up a map for you
http://www.tsiindia.com/gifs/footsteps-buddha-map.gif (http://www.tsiindia.com/gifs/footsteps-buddha-map.gif)

sirdipswitch
26th November 2014, 19:03
and then there is me... and I am Immortal... oh but wait, so are you... you just don't know it yet. chuckle chuckle.

karma shmarma ain't no such thing. That's the same as a Christian needing to be saved before they can get into heavin.

WE do not need to be saved... WE, do not need to get our karma right.

WE, are Immortal Spirit Beings Of The Highest Order... already!!!

Carmody
26th November 2014, 19:14

Actually, I was going to complement Jack for his diplomacy. :p One of his kinder, gentler moments.....

Shezbeth
26th November 2014, 19:18
and then there is me... and I am Immortal... oh but wait, so are you... you just don't know it yet. chuckle chuckle.

You and me both,... though I credit you (not exclusively) for helping me to recognize it. :tea:

Skyhaven
26th November 2014, 19:45
Do you think that the dissemination of Karma as a spiritual concept/underpinning was used by Draco minions to justify the caste system in India and beyond?

Or is there something else to consider?

No, why would I think that without further information?

myriaddimension
26th November 2014, 22:29
Buddha was born in Lumbini, Nepal. I should know, I am from there. :)

Baby Steps
26th November 2014, 23:03
I think the cast system is a colour based model established by light skinned invaders, and has that reptilian smell about it. I think karma if taken too literally can be misleading and can for example give rise to a kind of resignation in the mind of an unfortunate ' it must be my karma' , and promote a complacency about that unfortunate's lot in the mind of a potential helper ' ah it's just his bad karma' . Hindus I have asked say that if a person has bad karma that does not release a Hindu from the moral obligation to help. But the concept of karma might create a complacency in society around bettering itself or innovating.

However I am going to suggest the theory that a souls expectation that it will on death rapidly return to another body, even an unfortunate one is in fact a defence for that soul. This is because they are expecting to go back into a body, and are not looking to be sucked into a light tunnel and encounter projections of divine light beings that may in fact be sinister.

I heard a story third hand from some nurses who travelled to Calcutta to work at mother Teresa's hospital. They were expecting to find a place of healing. It turned out that the centre was more about palliative care for the old,sick, and dying. They would routinely see dying people being encouraged to kiss the cross. These people would be told that if they accepted Jesus, they would be forgiven and leave the wheel of karma. This was missionary work for the dying. It gave me a very creepy feeling when I heard it and I think I know why now. If you die with this expectation of being met by Jesus and taken to heaven you are open to entrapment, and the memory wipe etc as detailed by simon parkes and others.

Well who knows but this is just a different way of looking at it.

Perhaps a more modern view of karma is that a soul can review it's experiences, and decide what experience it would like next in order to resolve its previous errors and grow.

God bless

Billy
26th November 2014, 23:03
Buddha was born in Lumbini, Nepal. I should know, I am from there. :)

If i remember correctly, Buddha was also a Hindu.

Last time i was in India in 2006, the caste system was dying a slow death. No longer did the Brahmin's hold the higher positions in society, Apart from Brahmin Temples. No matter what caste, If you put in the effort and were educated, If you had the qualification, you got the job.

2000yrs ago in India, Jesus/Issa was kicked out by the Brahmins for teaching the Vedic scriptures to the poor. So i heard. :whistle: