PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving Day!!!

Camilo
27th November 2014, 01:44
I am thankfully and grateful for all of YOU - that you are in my life

crosby
27th November 2014, 02:27
I second that emotion......... I hope that everyone has a beautiful day, tomorrow, and all that follow after.....
warmest,
crosby

ghostrider
27th November 2014, 03:57
I third that emotion ... and hope everyone makes everyday thanksgiving ... family , unity , feeding the hungry , and un-winding together , telling stories of remember back in the day ...

Ciaran
27th November 2014, 08:45
Happy Native American genocide day, sorry fellow Avalonians i don't agree with the celebration, spending time with family and friends is something to celebrate, so happy family and friends day instead...;)

jerry
27th November 2014, 15:28
Happy Thanksgiving everyone I would like to share an email I received from Ben Swann

Friends,

On this Thanksgiving Day, I hope that your family is together and you are counting the blessings in your life. Thanksgiving is a unique time to reflect and while most days we tend to inform you of all that is going wrong in the world, there is so much going right. A friend sent me a message today saying "Evening news is where they begin with 'Good Evening' and then proceed to tell you why it's not".

For all of our issues as a nation, we still have the ability to reclaim freedom and to resolve problems in our system.

As I write this, the nation is seeing large protests in response to the Ferguson grand jury's decision not to indict Officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of Mike Brown.

Right or wrong, that decision has sparked deep emotions and this moment is an opportunity for the nation to being to deal with real problems in our system. Problems that are much larger and deeper than one particularly tragic circumstance.

No doubt this issue will come up in your family gatherings and my hope for you is that you will use this discussion as a way to talk about our culture and as a way to respectfully discuss why people matter. On both sides of this story, people matter. Media seeks to divide us or to make these discussions inhumane by reducing the people involved on both sides to faceless, nameless archetypes. They are not. We are not.

Let's have a real discussion about how systems of all kinds- legal, media, cultural, societal, religious- tend to make the collective more important or less important than the individual

jerry
27th November 2014, 15:32
Happy Native American genocide day, sorry fellow Avalonians i don't agree with the celebration, spending time with family and friends is something to celebrate, so happy family and friends day instead...;)and that's another thing that (for now) we can be thankful for. Being able to agree to disagree. So happy what ever day enjoy it for humanity .

Gatita
27th November 2014, 17:49
Wishing everyone a blessed day, every day.

Cat