PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Objects

bogeyman
27th November 2014, 19:29
At present my research into UCTs (according to USSTRATCOM are "unknown objects in space") is still on going.

I have identified two components who track and obtain data referred to as Uncorrelated Targets/Tracks. JFCC Space (Joint Functional Component Command for Space) a component of the US Strategic Command and the 614th Air Operations Centre a part of the 30th Space Wing a subordinate unit of the 14th Air Force, and attached to the US Air Force Space Command.

Due to the vast amount of data collected and the "beyond business as usual approach" according to USSTRATCOM, JFCC Space my initial request was denied, and my appeal to the Office of the Secretary of Defense was denied also one avenue was closed.

The US Air Force past my request eventually to the 614th AOC who again used the same approach stating it would talk a vast effort to provide the data to this requester. I appealed and seemly won the appeal (it is still on going as I will explain). Attached is a document created for this requester by the 614 AOC, I have requested some brief explanation as to the nature of the data and any identified characteristics. This I believe is the first time this sort of data has been released.

According to USSTRATCOM Directive 505-1 Volume 2 Chapter 12, UCT are sub divided into the following categories: Non significant, Significant, Critical. The UCT Classification are divided into the following: Near Earth, Deep Space, Geocentric Observations, Radar data.

The link below is data which has been released it is a sample of the type of records they have for uncorrelated tracks, geocentric observations and a sample of the catalogued object list. This was taken for a document titled: UCTs dated 29 September 2014 and totals 65,535 pages in total. Also a link is provided which is a copy of USSTRATCOM Directive relating to UCTS.

Sample data UCT

https://www.sendspace.com/file/oeebwa

USSTRATCOM Directive

https://www.sendspace.com/file/s6cmcd

I am also trying to obtain the following from NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command, which is a bi national Command and is responsible for the air defence of the North American Continent. The records are as follows: Table of Tracks of Interest (TOI)Scrambles and Diverts for the years 2001 to 2012, NORAD Instruction 10-15 Identification of Air Traffic, NI 10-19 Aerospace Reporting System and classified unknown tracks. NORAD NJ3 Operational Directorate, J33 are responsible for tracking reporting according to DOD OSD.

NORAD is not applicable to the US Freedom of Information Act nor the Canadian Access to Information and Privacy act, yet it will follow the spirit of the acts. The Canadian side of NORAD has denied all the information, yet it has sent these requests to USNORTHCOM for the US FOIA for review.

The most important part of this is their response to Unknown Tracks which could be said are equivalent to unidentified flying objects according to earlier correspondence from NORAD in the 1990s, it is just not a term used by NORAD. They stated the following: "the release of the details regarding unknown tracks would affect the National Defence of the US and Canada and the improper or unauthorised disclosure of this information is an offence under the Security of Information Act. It also contains information affecting the National Defence of the US within the meaning of the Espionage Laws, US Code Title 18 Section 793 and 794. Law prohibits the transmission of revelation of information contained in any records on unknown track reports, in any manner to unauthorised person."

It is all very strange since the official USAF Fact Sheet "UFO's" do not affect the national security of the United States. I have appealed this and I am confident that I will obtain some of the information requested, since Unknown Track data has been released before in the mid 1990s and was described as "air breathing" events.

bogeyman
27th November 2014, 22:02
I am also going to look into the surveillance systems which monitor the oceans around the North American continent in the interests of national defence, and the track data which are objects detected by these systems.

bogeyman
5th December 2014, 03:04
A response from A1C, USAF AFSPC 30 SCSSCOK is as follows which explains the information in the released materials:

"I consulted the office that provided the data given to you and this is what
they've given me:

" Each line is an observation made by a sensor of a target that the sensor
is not able to correlate to a known object. The observations are sent by the
sensor to the JSpOC, where analysts attempt to correlate them to known
objects."

Further they stated:

"I consulted our OPR in regards to your questions. All publically-releasable
known objects are available in the satellite catalog on the website
www.space-track.org. Unfortunately, the figures and statistics on the
portions of unknown and known objects is not readily available information
and would require extensive time to calculate. Any further information in
regards to this matter will require a separate Freedom of Information Act
(FOIA) request to be submitted."

This is provided to get some insight into the track data provided, I may pursue the information concerning the portions of data that remain unknown, but that is for a later date.