PDA

View Full Version : Happy Black Friday

jerry
29th November 2014, 00:24
3-5oK2lZk4c

Tesseract
29th November 2014, 01:31
I'm not going to watch it because you didn't give a short introduction in your opening post.

Bluegreen
29th November 2014, 02:02
Happy Black Friday to all the Programmed American Unfortunates

UVQKiqCZ9No

;)

jerry
29th November 2014, 02:59
I'm not going to watch it because you didn't give a short introduction in your opening post.thanks for sharing

Yetti
29th November 2014, 04:36
We didn't buy anything today because we try to educate people ,let them know there is no such a good deal to go like obedient robot and suffer the cold weather at the door of any dep store to by some china made crap! we start days ago a kinda boycott against bl/Friday, via F/B. Do not by on black Friday, let the people travel to see their family.

sirdipswitch
29th November 2014, 05:44
Many years ago there were some things I needed, er (wanted) so I decide to go the Starday "Before" Black Friday, to mark the prices to see if I couls save some money and how much that would be. Along the way searching for my stuff, I marked some other stuff. Black Friday I was excited to get to town to see how big my savings would be. I returned home empty handed. Vowing quietly to myself NEVER to get involved with "Black-Rip-Off"... again. While none of my "stuff" was on sale, their prices, were all marked... UP! The more expensive items were UP, as much as 30%!!! So I switched my shopping to Christmas EVE, for my 50% savings on EVERYTING I needed. I have found over the years that February is the all time cheapest month, when they ate "clearing" shleves for "Inventory Tax" savings!

Phoenix1304
29th November 2014, 10:39
Yesterday morning I was disturbed early by noisy neighbours as usual at 5.15am. I sat with my coffee and looked at the Daily Mail Online, not that I believe most of what I read there, I do like to check in occasionally to see how they're trying to herd us cash cows. I was struck by headline photos of insane crowds of shoppers flinging TVs at each others and seeing the British public branded as 'animals'. Most curious since this was long before 7am and long before the shops had opened. These must have been stock photos and I rather wish I'd taken a snapshot of the screen to show the date and time. You'll just have to take my word for it that this was lies and manipulation. Just another example of the media's use as a behaviour modification tool. I can only guess at the purpose of this particular lie.

Operator
29th November 2014, 11:59
I see that in some countries worldwide 'black Friday' is adopted, even without having 'thanksgiving' just
not to miss out on a good 'sales' day ... :(

Perhaps we need to stress on the 'happy' indeed in black Friday to emphasize the actual contradiction
of it !! :p

Matt P
29th November 2014, 12:32
I don't believe in being suckered by ANY of the consumerist "holidays" and I truly pity those that participate, just like I pity those that fall for the many other cons of the fake reality control matrix. The gifts I like to give, and especially receive, on these occasions are the gifts of company with those I care about. I have made it clear over the years to my family that even for my birthday and christmas, keep your money in your pocket and just spend a little time if you can. I am an un-programmable divergent and damn proud of it.

Matt

Franny
29th November 2014, 16:03
Most curious since this was long before 7am and long before the shops had opened. These must have been stock photos and I rather wish I'd taken a snapshot of the screen to show the date and time.

I believe you Phoenix, and not just because of the headlines below.

I just saw the headlines on the local morning newspaper. Many people are, according to the paper, shopping at small local shops, purchasing locally made items as gifts and consuming less.

Maybe more of American public are waking up from the crass consumerism that has characterized the holidays to shop locally.

Giving and receiving gifts is fun for a lot of people whether they make or buy the gifts. I "bake away my stress" and have gotten good at it over the years :) People enjoy my offerings and I rarely spend more than 40-100 USD total on Christmas gifts; I have a lot of fun with it.

I look for balance in the holidays and truly enjoy them. It gives me a chance to get together, cook and eat a lovely meal with friends and family. Itʻs a whole day of being together, no work, no tv blaring a football game, no shopping trips. Just being at home and spending time together.

Iʻm sure many people look for their own balance in similar ways.

Happy holidays to all.

Heartsong
29th November 2014, 16:21
Most of the hype about Black Friday is media generated with the big box stores encouragement. Their thinking is "the more kerfuffle, the more attention the store gets, the better the prices must be, the more customers we'll get."

Truth be told, there are very few tugging matches, fist fights or other signs of greed. People stand in line peacefully for the most part. My friends who partake in Black Friday shopping do it because they have the day off from work and family members are around to stay with the children. They can get all of their Christmas gift shopping done in one day and be done with it. They are not given to excess, they are driven by efficiency.