PDA

View Full Version : Ariana Saraha crowdfunded debut CD: Maiden of Midnight

Dennis Leahy
4th December 2014, 01:02
Well, I don't have free energy device blueprints, locations of alien bases, insider information of Cabal activities... but in the mundane world, we do need to keep our health and sanity. For me, music is part of my health and sanity.

One of my Faceboog musician friends (that I admit I really don't know), Ariana Saraha, is doing a very modest crowdfunding for her debut music CD. It is the typical crowdfunding format, where (besides the option of ignoring it), you can give $1, $5, $10, $15... on up. (For a 7 million dollar contribution, you get a live, zero gravity concert for yourself and 3 friends aboard a spaceship. Oh wait, I made that last one up.)

These crowdfunded things usually are a 2-way street, where you get something back for your money (so it is not strictly a donation.) At $10, you get a digital download of the CD; at $15, you get the CD...

Again, just ignore this if not interested, but I have a strong feeling that a number of people at Project Avalon will enjoy her music, and I think her subject material is within the spirit of Avalon.

Check it out here:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-final-push-ariana-s-debut-album

https://images.indiegogo.com/file_attachments/1055007/files/20141129010516-lyrics-Maiden.jpg?1417251916

Dennis

nancyb
4th December 2014, 04:35
Being a singer this interested me so I went to the indiegogo site, but except for a very short excerpt of some chanting-like singing, you don't hear her sing a song, or even a section of one. I'm not familiar with her voice/singing and would want a decent sample to decide whether to offer support. Nevertheless, it is very nice of you to help spread the word for her!!! She's put together a beautiful and comprehensive image - I wish her well!

Dennis Leahy
4th December 2014, 06:41
Being a singer this interested me so I went to the indiegogo site, but except for a very short excerpt of some chanting-like singing, you don't hear her sing a song, or even a section of one. I'm not familiar with her voice/singing and would want a decent sample to decide whether to offer support. Nevertheless, it is very nice of you to help spread the word for her!!! She's put together a beautiful and comprehensive image - I wish her well!

Yeah, it's tough for a debut CD. Most everything recorded up to this point is live, and not really done by audio engineers (more like iPhones from 30 feet away.)

Here is one with pretty good sound quality. Kind of reminds me a bit of Loreena McKennitt meets Dead Can Dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuI5H5Ag1Z4

Dennis

p.s. Ariana told me that this one "dreamy" song does not represent most of the material on the upcoming CD. She says the new material is generally more rhythmic, less dreamy (though there is a bit of the mystical dreamy vibe - you can hear it in the video posted on the Indegogo site.)

Dennis Leahy
10th December 2014, 03:51
Looks like Ariana will meet her goal - probably in the next 24 hours. That's cool.

If I had more loose cash, I'd support more artists - potters, painters, sculptors, songwriters, authors, etc. I do think life would be bleak without the arts and artists.