PDA

View Full Version : Apple Trees

Earthlink
24th December 2014, 13:01
Always remember that male and female Apple Trees can not reproduce on their own.

They evolved, like us and everything else here, together, and, in a community of Life. It is not only the Bee type of insects that pollinate them: it is all of the flying insects that pollinate. The Butterfly types, the Moth types and all the various type of Fly: they all pollinate Flowers, because the Flowers purposefully don't care: they provide nutrition to all of them.

And then, once the Apple Flowers have been pollinated, and will become Apples, which are the offspring of Apple Trees, they can not just fall to the ground and grow there.
This would result in a cluster of Apple Trees all in the very same location, and all would be fighting for the same sunlight and the same water.

The Apples, in order to thrive and succeed, then need a Deer or a Moose or any other type of forest inhabitant to come and eat their apples, walk off, and **** their seeds out on the ground somewhere else, where they can grow into a mature tree themselves.

This is how it has worked for many many millions of years, evolving as a community, always.

If the insects and forest inhabitants were to disappear, then so too would the Apple Tree.

It is too late now for the Apple Tree to find another way to do what it has always done in a community of Life, without insects or forest inhabitants, for, on their own they have absolutely no way of making their own children.

Go it alone: they can not.

Earthlink
24th December 2014, 13:02
$hit is the **** four letter word used above. who knew such a word was so dirty?!?!?

Earthlink
24th December 2014, 13:21
And if we look at where the Apple Trees in the wild grow, their domain, as it were, do they grow high up in the hills where the Mountain Goats live? (I think the Mountain Goats are more in tune with spreading the kinds of vegetation that they feed from) How is it that their natural occurrence is in the valley's and other flat land areas, where the Deer and the Moose dwell as well? And if it is beneficial to the forest dwellers to actually have more Apple Trees than fewer, are they aware of where the Apples Trees are, and their part in spreading them around? Do the Deer and Moose know that when the Apples are small and green, and therefore taste different, a more bitter and un-sweet taste when they haven't matured yet as compared to them being larger and red and mature, that this is the time to eat them? And do they know that they are the ones who determine where the children of future Apple Trees will grow?

Does it frighten you to consider that a relationship between the consciousness and awareness of Apple Trees and Deer may exist?

Is this kind of a relationship too Godlike for you to grasp?

Good.

For, Nature IS God.

It is the only real and tangible God ALL species have ever known on a personal level.

Don't mistake thoughts (mere snowflakes) for real. Thoughts are a dance partner: nothing more, and, Nature, or Life, is very real.

And yeah, as my name implies, I am standing up for the Earth, and all that dwell on it. Someone has to, and none seem to be while many, many into the millions, seem to all be standing against it, so: someone has to. I seem to have acquired more information on it in this lifetime than any others, so, it may as well be me.

And this is my first assertion on Nature and Life, that it is very real and that the relationships between all of the various Life Forms here on Earth is very Godlike.

I'm not Atheist, for that implies no belief in a God, however I will only recognize the real God on this planet and that is Life itself and nothing more.

Earthlink
24th December 2014, 13:25
And that picture above? I call that "I had the Snake for lunch, and the Apple for desert." I was born in the year of the Dragon, so, it appeals to me.

PurpleLama
24th December 2014, 14:12
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/221/4/0/40a14aae4c3854d05889d1477db87624-d6hg3ml.jpg

Baby Steps
24th December 2014, 14:40
The Apple pips contain Amygdalin. It will stop the goats from getting cancer

sheme
24th December 2014, 14:40
When I have a delicious apple I plant it's seed - if the tree shape is good and strong I plant it out in a place of it's own -it takes about 5 years to try the fruit , If I don't like the taste I turn the fruit into cider or just juice. Two mature Apple trees near each other that flower at the same time you will get fruit you never know what fruit taste will be obtained from a pippin, there are few things nicer that creating your own Apple- picking it from the tree -tasting it for the first time, to find that it is good.

conk
24th December 2014, 15:32
I believe that Nature is part of God, not God itself. God is all encompassing. There are things and energies beyond Nature. Beyond comprehension. Your point is still valid and appreciated! We, as a whole, have so little respect for Mother Nature and yet she still provides and loves us.

fractal being
24th December 2014, 15:58
The Apples, in order to thrive and succeed, then need a Deer or a Moose or any other type of forest inhabitant to come and eat their apples, walk off, and **** their seeds out on the ground somewhere else, where they can grow into a mature tree themselves.

This is how it has worked for many many millions of years, evolving as a community, always.

Well the relation is far from perfect :)

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-110908-drunkmoose-da.grid-10x2.jpg

But it has been going on for ages indeed.
I love all fruit trees and fruit picking.

GlassSteagallfan
24th December 2014, 17:48
You can also add branches from a varieties of other apple trees and have different types of apples growing on the same tree. The process is known as grafting. Youtube can show you how.

Earthlink
24th December 2014, 20:01
When I was in grade 6, St. Mary Catholic School, one day in class our religion teacher talked about one of the stories from the Bible, and then concluded that God loves all of us, and that we are all His children.

My hand went up.

I had taken Geography, also in this primary school, where Religion was just one class out of many we all took each day, and the teacher, Mrs. Kelly, said kind of drearily "Yes David?" when she saw my hand was up, to which i replied "So, God made all of us, correct?" Teacher: "Yes" Me: "We're all his children, and he loves all of us Humans equally, right?" Teacher: "Yes, that's true." Me: "So how come out of all the people on Earth, the millions and millions in each Africa, Asia, North and South America, and Australia and Europe, He only showed Himself to a small group of people, in the middle of that place where wars have been going on all my life, a tiny portion of the Middle East is the only place he made contact with all His children?" to which I never got an acceptable answer, and from that day forward, I've pretty much been a non believer.

I've gone on further in my non belief, to the point of disgust, almost. Those 3 major religions, with the one central creator God, has done so much harm here on our happy little Home World. It has set examples where Humans are to do inhuman stuff to either other Humans or any of the other species in the Tree of Life. Disgusting and inhuman practices, so many of them, and no creator god with any morality of any kind would ever condone the acts of killing and eating other species in the very same Tree of Life as such as He had apparently created Himself!

Organized religion is nothing more than a scam. Perpetrated by scam artists, and nothing more. The Universe is immense, and this kind of thinking, this kind of self imposed superiority over all that dwells here did only one thing: it commodified the entire planet, so that someone, somewhere, could make a buck off of everything here. In order to supplant the over 4 million year relationship we had all had with Nature and Life here on our Home World, miraculous feats must have been present.

Surely, you jest. No, I never jest, and don't call me Shirley.

Anyway, this is Sam Harris featured in a user created short vid. from the interwebs ... kind of nails how I feel about religion these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yt_Ajcug3M

Earthlink
24th December 2014, 20:12
The rules of Life.

A Voice from the Mountains
24th December 2014, 22:25
$hit is the **** four letter word used above. who knew such a word was so dirty?!?!?

You should have said poop or defecate instead. Somehow this makes a huge difference in our society.

And about your take on religion. I have a similar attitude but then I read the Bible itself and it implies a pretty different take on this topic. Before Moses and the 10 commandments everyone was under the "new" covenant of simply having faith in the creator. After Moses, the "old" testament put the Jews under a "curse" (this is the Bible's own word -- the Jewish laws were a "curse" according to the book of Hebrews). All Jesus did was remind the Jews of the new covenant that existed before Moses, and try to bring them out of Jewish law and back under the law of all other nations -- simple faith in the creator.

Basically even according to the Bible there isn't much use in other groups of people reading what is basically Jewish scripture, mostly from the period in which they were under the "curse" of the old testament. Paul even cites Greek poetry as being inspired by knowledge of the creator and there are many references to God interfering and communicating with other nations. Elijah performed miracles for a pagan Baal-worshipper in Canaan while Jerusalem was experiencing a famine. Jesus reminded the Pharisees of this and they became infuriated according to the NT.

For various reasons this message of the Bible becomes profoundly twisted. Sorry if I'm off topic. I enjoy horticulture topics. :)