PDA

View Full Version : This is for all those people who feel lonely tonight!

jagman
25th December 2014, 04:26
This is my first thread in a while. I've had writers block for sometime now.
I want to thank all my friends who reached out and contacted me:wizard:
The Holidays are a tough time for people! Single, married, Boyfriend or
girlfriend it really doesnt matter because there tough for everyone!

I know some of you dont believe in the concept of God, has I do. I can
respect that! This thread has nothing to do with Christmas.I think most
of you know I dont celebrate Christmas But if you do? Merry Christmas.

This poem really sums it up for me.

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."

This is what Jesus preached.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9_vhYpR9xo

GCS1103
25th December 2014, 05:38
Very nice, Jagman! This time of year can be depressing, as many of us have lost family members, friends, etc. and we naturally think about those who are no longer here. I personally cannot wait until the holidays are over. Thanks for the post.

Gatita
25th December 2014, 06:50
I finally got past whatever had me out of sorts. I wish everyone the best in the upcoming months. May whatever you believe in travel with you.

Cat

gardener2
25th December 2014, 09:27
Thank you for highlighting this jagman like you say there are many people having to deal with all kinds of loss, what about people who are homless? or in war torn countries, my grief is just about doable when I think of people in those situations, yes I am lonely but it will soon be over, let me wish all of you a wonderful Christmas and may the new year bring joy and happiness to all, also Jagman that's my favourite prayer thank you.

Iloveyou
25th December 2014, 12:33
Yes Christmas can be tough for all who are not involved in preparing meals, inviting or visiting family and friends, who have no family or have decided not to celebrate at all for what reason ever. It requires a strong effort to escape a kind of mass hysteria, mainly in the cities.

This morning I woke up in an icy-cold room, raining outside and remembered being at some place and somebody telling me: You are going down there now. You will forget who you are, being isolated. Your beloved ones will be around you and with you, but you will not recongnize them, most probably you will hurt each other without being aware of what you are doing - and the worst: at times some of you will wake up and see through it, will recognize the others as their lovers and dearest friends, but they don't know.

We have come here to hold and to anchor the light. Often we stumble and fall and loose consciousness for a while. What can we do - keep on loving, allowing ourselves to feel whatever there is. Thank you for the wonderful poem, I often experienced being held and carried along a difficult path. Blessings to all of you and to all who are sad today. The time will come when earth family will celebrate the one and only Christmas of Love and not one being is left out. I love you all.

Snookie
25th December 2014, 17:16
I'm making dinner today for a family member who's facing legal issues. No one else in the family wants to deal with him. I don't either, but what is family for? If we can't be there for each other when the chips are down then why did we agree to come here and have these relationships with each other at all?

Violet
25th December 2014, 17:24
Hi Jagman, good to see you back!

3(C)+me
25th December 2014, 17:39
I want to extend my heartfelt love for all people of Avalon and the world, wherever they are and are doing, Most especially for the homeless, the sick, the poor, those in war torn places and generally those of us who just get tired, I know some people who wonder how they are going to make through each day let alone the next year. I wish for you all peace, prosperity and happiness for you this next year

Deega
25th December 2014, 20:57
Very thoughtful of you Jagman, and you are so right!

I have an example to share. I live in a small community, last friday, I have had inflammation (beginning a week back) in my right knee, so my wife pushed my into going to the Emergency Unit. So I had to wait 8 hours before I was in. And the doctor was saying (why we had to wait that long) that at least four persons were in on suicidal attempts, so it took them time to deal with these cases.

Yes!, Christmas bring in a lot of suffering in people.

Sérénité
25th December 2014, 21:59
Love really is all you need, you're so right Jagman :)
Today has been overwhelming, people everywhere you look and read, going out their way to help and show love and appreciation for others.

I so wish everyday could be the same...why only so much love for each other on 'special' event days such as today and NYE? Lets carry it on, 365 days a year!

Everyone has worried I too would be lonely today...the first Christmas after splitting up with my husband after 8 years together.
Funny, its the first Christmas in, well, as long as I can remember, that I HAVEN'T felt lonely. Being with the wrong person all these years made me feel far lonelier than I have this festive season and all these past 6 months.

:angel: Love and hugs to all Avalonians :grouphug:

sandy
26th December 2014, 00:21
I spend time to connect and love myself and thus may feel alone sometimes but never lonely. Lots of Love to you All :kiss3:

Natalia
26th December 2014, 17:07
<3 http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?78410-Solace--poem-&p=916605#post916605