PDA

View Full Version : Man Serving Life in Prison for Pot Charge Won’t be Pardoned

jerry
14th January 2015, 02:51
Joshua Krause
Activist Post

When Jeff Mizanskey was arrested for his part in a drug deal in 1993, he had no idea what he was in for. After all, he had been arrested for the possession and distribution of marijuana twice before. Once in 1984, and again in 1991. Both carried relatively light sentences compared to what he was facing. Though he didn’t know it at the time, he was about to become the latest victim of the drug war, as well as Missouri’s draconian “3 strikes” law.

Unbeknownst to him, the two men on the other half of the deal had been recently arrested, and agreed to sell out their “co-conspirators” in exchange for leniency. Mizanskey ended up with the short end of the stick, and due to his prior history was facing the longest sentence. The prosecutor offered him 25 years in prison if he pleaded guilty, but he refused. After losing the trial, he was sentenced to life in prison without parole.

All this for a man accused of a victimless crime, and no history of violence whatsoever. Mizanskey, who is now 61, has spent more than 20 years in prison. And what he has witnessed during this time really puts things in perspective. By his own count, he has seen over 200 rapists and murderers come and go (and sometimes come back again) from his cell block.

Now that times have changed, many have wondered why this man is still in prison. In fact, his supporters were hoping that he would finally have a chance to be released after Missouri Governor Jay Nixon issued 9 pardons last month, but Mizanskey’s name was not on the list. These pardons were all given to nonviolent offenders who had already served their time, some of which carried marijuana charges.

But for some reason, the Governor and the State of Missouri don’t appear to have any sympathy for Mizanskey. They can let murderers and rapists go on a regular basis, and they can pardon people who have already finished their prison sentences, but releasing a 61-year-old pothead and family man is simply out of the question.

What’s more infuriating, is the fact that the governor’s son was arrested for possession in 2011. As you can probably guess, all charges were dropped due to a "lack of evidence". How convenient? There must have been something really special about that boy for him to be let off the hook.

It’s time for the Federal Government to put an end to this asinine drug war. Not only is it a complete failure, but it is one of the most immoral and destructive wars we’ve ever waged. If you can imprison a man like Mizanskey, who by any reasonable ethical standard did nothing wrong, then what does that say about our country? Our politicians tell us that we are the leader of the free world, but thanks to the drug war the only thing we lead the world in, is incarceration rates.

That’s not freedom. That’s just plain evil. You can judge a nation by the types of people they decide throw in prison; and, in this case, it’s obvious what kind of nation we’ve become: petty, self-righteous, and tyrannical.

WhiteLove
14th January 2015, 07:38
jerry, your posts always put things in perspective, thanks!

Reading about how someone's whole life is doomed and sold like this makes me very pissed off, as if those doing those evil decisions never make any mistakes themselves. I am pretty sure that guy was not selling marijuana because it made him happy in life, I am sure he was struggling hard with getting things on track, which probably was a cause of how corrupt that society was to begin with.

Tangri
14th January 2015, 08:16
Probably drug lords bribe the judge to put him indefinite time in prison because that dumb man caused their staff lost 3 times. Judicial system tells the mass that what ever you do first rule is "Do not get caught on same crime 3 times"

Lifebringer
14th January 2015, 11:28
Where is the link? We can't do much viral in protest, if we can't alert others of our generation of "old out dated laws and sentencing corrections" of non-violent possession prisoners, that have to be met. Families have been "split up" and incomes added to the "forProfitPrisonMachine, that could have been used on education or new shoes, food, or numerous things the poor lack.

Face it folks, it's time to correct the greedy old plantation codgers, screwed up enslavement laws, with laws this and any future generations can live with. Parental House Rules for the country. Planning and keeping the sneaky greedy snake oil salesman of toxins from entering our humble homes, future. Clean them out, and let's clean it up.

Mike Gorman
14th January 2015, 12:03
An insane result from a mad prohibition law - the entire drug situation is beyond words, the capacity of people for stupidity is just depressing.
The prohibition era with alcohol provided massive case study-based evidence for how ineffective this position is, it generates profound criminality
and drives the whole thing underground.. I mean DUH! What did people expect, that people would just stop doing something that has been a feature of human culture for
10's of thousands of years? It beggars belief that someone could be incarcerated for that length of time for Cannabis - they are just barbaric people with no intelligence who
pursue this position. How can we allow them to gain such power?

Ahnung-quay
14th January 2015, 12:29
Sign the petition for his release here:

https://www.change.org/p/my-dad-is-serving-life-without-parole-for-marijuana

Carmody
14th January 2015, 14:04
An insane result from a mad prohibition law - the entire drug situation is beyond words, the capacity of people for stupidity is just depressing.
The prohibition era with alcohol provided massive case study-based evidence for how ineffective this position is, it generates profound criminality
and drives the whole thing underground.. I mean DUH! What did people expect, that people would just stop doing something that has been a feature of human culture for
10's of thousands of years? It beggars belief that someone could be incarcerated for that length of time for Cannabis - they are just barbaric people with no intelligence who
pursue this position. How can we allow them to gain such power?

They are the genetic ancestors of the puritans who were kicked out of... forced out of the UK for being fanatical and largely --insane. Insanity defined as a form of pyshcopathy, ie, depth of awareness of internal directives not being present.

That is where it comes from.

The cult that became Jonestown in Guyana, that is the peak of the foam that had built up over the years in the USA, from that same group.

They have shortsigtedness, fear, lack of intelligence, literal takes on life and are driven by visceral cores, ones without thought and are overall dogmatic from this sort of linear and continual breeding curriculum. so, in essence, they can walk and talk and seem human like, but it is amazing that the bear does something that resembles a dance.

Since they live in fundamentalism that takes it cues from a book (whatever the book may be at the moment, some form of 'law' (radicalized instinct), in total literal interpretation, this is the essence of instinct ruling thought as a form of societal norms. It is a larger circle of motions and acts, integrations with others, but for the most part it is talking monkey and dancing bear.

I mean, for all our diversity that seem to exist within us, the reality is that there are only 36 different facial types/looks among humans.

And those who control them, those behind governments and religions, tend to get very upset when one brings these obvious points out in the open.

Like cats scratching at a window, never understanding the presence of the window.

WhiteLove
14th January 2015, 17:18
Reading the son's story and looking at the expression of his father's face, kills me, it destroys something within me. A no pardon sentence like this is the act of an animal, not of a fellow human being. This is just totally unacceptable! The guy at the top that goes to Hawaii to spend Christmas holiday with his family - Obama - who allows this kind of stuff to exist, should walk away in shame from that position. This kind of human sacrifice - watching your dad be alive knowing your dad has already got his death sentence but has to wait for it to execute first X nr of years, a slow dying process, that is cruelty at its peak. Failure by Obama to act on something like this is a much bigger crime than what this man has ever done. The man has thought about the crime for 20 years, life is short. Act now Obama, the chance might not return.

jerry
14th January 2015, 17:57

Reading about how someone's whole life is doomed and sold like this makes me very pissed off, as if those doing those evil decisions never make any mistakes themselves. I am pretty sure that guy was not selling marijuana because it made him happy in life, I am sure he was struggling hard with getting things on track, which probably was a cause of how corrupt that society was to begin with. This story struck a cord with me because in my earlier life I sold pot for a number of reasons and it made me popular in the circles I ran in . I was very lucky never to have been convicted of selling the stuff and never felt like I was never hurting anyone so I had no remorse for what I was doing. To reflect that that could be me sitting there for this victimless NON CRIME in my mind is insane

WhiteLove
14th January 2015, 18:42

Reading about how someone's whole life is doomed and sold like this makes me very pissed off, as if those doing those evil decisions never make any mistakes themselves. I am pretty sure that guy was not selling marijuana because it made him happy in life, I am sure he was struggling hard with getting things on track, which probably was a cause of how corrupt that society was to begin with. This story struck a cord with me because in my earlier life I sold pot for a number of reasons and it made me popular in the circles I ran in . I was very lucky never to have been convicted of selling the stuff and never felt like I was never hurting anyone so I had no remorse for what I was doing. To reflect that that could be me sitting there for this victimless NON CRIME in my mind is insane

I hear ya, that must be like an even thicker knife into your chest. This kind of stuff is why truth seekers are so desperately needed here on this earth, because else look what happens, the cruelty has no end to it. I can understand if aliens are kind of scared of us and don't want to come here so soon, these are the kind of things we humans need to sort out first.

Hanson
14th January 2015, 20:27
It’s time for the Federal Government to put an end to this asinine drug war. Not only is it a complete failure, but it is one of the most immoral and destructive wars we’ve ever waged.
From the perspective of certain powerful organizations within the U.S. government, the drug war has been a success, and morality has nothing to do with it. It's about monopoly. It's about funneling trillions of dollars of drug profits into their coffers.

Since the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan, opium production has skyrocketed. This isn't the first time, either. I've read (http://rockcreekfreepress.tumblr.com/page/2) that George H. W. Bush played a quiet but major role back in the 70s in the development of the irrigation system still used to grow that opium. The Bush cartel is still enjoying the fruits of their "war on drugs". All that money can buy a lot of influence, including the presidency of the United States. Look for Jeb Bush to continue the Bush criminal dynasty as commander-in-chief.

jerry
14th January 2015, 21:03
Sign the petition for his release here:

https://www.change.org/p/my-dad-is-serving-life-without-parole-for-marijuanaThanks for the post Ahnung I got sidetracked in the process of posting , then forgot.... as I will edit my threads a few times when posting , I guess I need to slow down be more thorough, its a character defect one I haven't worked out yet.

Carmody
14th January 2015, 21:03
The understanding in some circles is that the money is pouring into the black ops off planet fleets and underground base systems. Since those systems operate in free energy or cost free energy situations, the trillions are for the real-world human interface points. Which gives you an idea how large they have become.

These people already have a large amount of power ....and the money, as a collected thing, is meaningless in the face of that. There is no way that it is about collecting money and power when they have all of that, already. Think it through.

It's about interfacing with the people who are not deep inside of it. The 'black but still human-real world' interface points.

the whole shape of it,and the form of it, is about holding the shape and form of it.

It is shaped and carried out the way it is... as that is the shape of efficiency in purpose, act, and flow.

This man is in jail, ultimately, in order to make sure those bases and fleets have a functional interface that is it self enacted, self controlling, and totally black... black and hidden from the public eye.

The question takes four shapes. (keeping in mind that the moon is artificial and hollow)(proven)

1: Are we being controlled via off-world/dimensional alien influence, and this is their way of remaining undiscovered?

2:Are we trying to mount a counter to such a system, and that is why it is hidden?

3: Is it a play by humans to sneak past rules and watchers who want us to stay on this planet until we get ourselves together?

4: Is it an alien/underground/cross-dimensional (or earlier form of intelligence) group that is running humanity as a tool to find a way to get off this planet and past some one or something who is blocking them?