PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Gen Nightvision Goggles - Any first hand Experiences?

JoshERTW
10th November 2010, 01:57
I've heard a lot of testimony out there on the internet about night vision goggles and UFO's - the latest of which was Mel Fabregas on Veritas stating that he too has seen delta craft with nightvision.

Does anyone here have these type of spiffy specs? If so, have you seen anything? The premise behind it makes sense to me, and I'd love to give it a shot, have even considered renting a set of goggles (though I can't find anywhere to do so nor do I really have the disposable income to do so haha)

Hybrid5226
27th February 2011, 08:06
Hi!!

JoshERTW
If you know anyone in the military who has the googles or if a group of individuals near you do sky watches I would recommend trying them out .

I watched you tube videos an looked at Ed Grimsleys website http://edgrimsley.com/ for a while an still could not make a decision .

Then a fellow I know let me borrow his for 1 night an I was hooked .
I have the pvs14 from www.tacticalnightvision.com . There are so many to choose from .
I believe Mr. Grimsley still sells reconditioned ones . I called him last year to find out what camera he was using an he had mentioned it at the time that he sells them for less then other retailers.

The next pair I get will be the two lens googles or they type that are held up to both eyes . Squinting with one eye for long periods is a bummer .

Now if I could just build a glass house for winter time I would be set .

I have some practice video an when I learn how to download it from my computer (not youtube) I hope to prolong this thread with viewing different objects . It's amazing how easy it is to believe an object is something it is not at night time . I hope to use a few of those videos as examples on this forum along with some good stuff . ( Fingers crossed).

Peace

Hybrid5226
3rd March 2011, 06:37
httpMtl3C2tBWHs

Hybrid5226
3rd March 2011, 06:55
Mtl3C2tBWHs

Getting use to my goggles .

I picked up second laptop to use with the goggles an picked up a second hand tripod.

A new convience store opened up in the neighborhood . That is why those lights are flashing in the video . Made for good practice .

I should be ready to go in the next couple of months . Soon as it warms up .

crosby
3rd March 2011, 10:09
i am definitely going to have to get me some of these toys. yay
corson

Lost Soul
6th March 2011, 17:15
Third Generation Litton will run you $3k. I have a cheapie Russian NV monoscope but where I live has overcast most of the time and it's a rarity to see the stars.

conk
7th March 2011, 18:27
I was at a demonstration of a military night sight used with one of the missile systems the US has. The presenter was standing in front of the room, leaning with his hand on the wall for support. He moved toward the device and spoke for a while. Perhaps 10 minutes later he pointed the sight at the spot where his hand was, 10 minutes earlier, and we could clearly see the heat signature in the shape of his hand. Amazingly sensitive technology. These devices were tens of thousands each. I wonder how much of the technology has moved to the commercial area since that time 15 years ago.

Hybrid5226
19th March 2011, 04:27
I wonder if he had phospherous on his hand for the demonstration if it lasted 10 minutes ? But yes I agree with you about the advancement in technology . Navy guy told me one time about when cell phones first came out an they where big an cluncky at the time that the military was using them 10 years prior to coming out in the general public.