PDA

View Full Version : Just doing some research



The One
10th November 2010, 13:10
Just doing some research

Another movie about aliens called Skyline as just been released. I canít remember the last good movie made about Extra terrestrials. I recall E.T and Close encounters of the third kind.

Another movie made by Universal who in turn are owned by General Electric (GE) owns 80% of NBC Universal with the remaining 20% owned by Vivendi

NBC Universal is headquartered in the Rockefeller Plaza in Midtown Manhattan

Rockefeller Centre or Rockefeller Plaza is a complex of 19 commercial buildings covering 22 acres (89,000 m2) between 48th and 51st streets in New York City. Built by the Rockefeller family, it is located in the centre of Midtown Manhattan, spanning the area between Fifth Avenue and Sixth Avenue. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1987

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBC_Universal

Just a hunch but how convenient for it to be headquartered in the Rockefeller plaza and i wonder how much influence they would have.

Ahkenaten
10th November 2010, 19:30
Zachariah Sitchin's office also was in Rockefeller Plaza

bluestflame
10th November 2010, 21:19
I think "starman" with jeff bridges , karen allen
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088172/

Teakai
10th November 2010, 21:30
I'm going to see Skyline today. I've been looking forward to it since seeing the trailer.
Bring on the popcorn.
:popcorn:

Nenuphar
10th November 2010, 21:32
I'm going to see Skyline today. I've been looking forward to it since seeing the trailer.
Bring on the popcorn.
:popcorn:

Please let us know what you thought of it, Teakai. :pop2:

Moemers
10th November 2010, 22:16
Contact...

Ross
10th November 2010, 22:26
It was advertised here in OZ lastnight on t.v, opening on the 11/11/10

Teakai
11th November 2010, 05:55
Please let us know what you thought of it, Teakai. :pop2:

OK. Nenuphar.

:offtopic:

WARNING:
Movie review following - don't read if you don't want to know.





I enjoyed the chips and popcorn.

Best part of the movie - when it was over.

Plot - was there a plot?

amoeba looking robotic sort of aliens come to earth and suck up masses of people and harvest their brains (yawn). Cast - approx 10 people who were plucked off one by one at intervals throughout the movie.

Entire movie takes place in and on an apartment building

Acting - not great.
Script - not great. Lots of holes and unrealistic human actions and reactions.
Special effects - not bad, but not good enough to save the movie from total failure.
Definitely a B grade movie.

If it really happened - sure, it would be scary. In a movie - sooooo dull.

Save your money.

Arpheus
11th November 2010, 06:01
Thanks teakai,i knew waiting for Tron legacy would be the best move you just saved me 10 bucks LOL.