PDA

View Full Version : They are slowly suffocating our children

Tangri
10th February 2015, 00:59
Canada has a cold winters. With that reason all buildings are well isolated which cause ventilation problems.

CO2 is more attractive than O2 to binding to erythrocytes in blood stream.

Last winter when I found some of the children has lost of energy(fatigue) and headache.

I approached the principal and I convey my concern on air quality. He/she did not pay any interest on my subject, I process to School trusty on our district. He/she did not share any concern of my words. After new election, my attempt to school trusty was fruitfully and I received this letter today.

Please follow your child after you send them supposedly safe places like schools.

Flash
10th February 2015, 01:18
I don't understand your concern TAngri, is the concern because they want to open Windows during the class break? or because children exhale too much CO2 not being eliminated from the classroom? or just because they are plain stupid by taking CO2 samples when there is nobody around emitting CO2 ( I was laughing when I read that)?

Betty
10th February 2015, 01:48
I believe you mean CO (carbon monoxide) not CO2 (carbon dioxide). Carbon monoxide binds to the hemoglobin. In fact a pulse oximeter can't tell whether there is oxygen on your red blood cell or oxygen. Carbon monoxide poisoning is treated by applying high flow oxygen and the body just naturally gets rid of the carbon monoxide. If the level of carbon monoxide in your blood is extremely high, treatment in a hyperbaric chamber maybe necessary. Usually the cause of carbon monoxide poisoning is a faulty heater that burns fuel inefficiently letting off carbon monoxide.
Carbon dioxide is something in your blood all the time. If your level of CO2 in your blood becomes too high your body triggers you to breath more. Your body naturally produces carbon dioxide as a result of metabolism. The carbon dioxide can get trapped in your body if you breath too shallow. A reason for breathing too shallow would be narcotic overdose. People with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) also can accumulate too much CO2 in their bodies when given oxygen due to a faulty triggering mechanism in their body to tell them to breath.