PDA

View Full Version : Do we really recognize individual and collective history ?

Bright Garlick
18th February 2015, 03:36
I sometimes wonder if we really recognize, acknowledge and accept individual and collective history or if just keep suffering from the repetition of symptoms.

People talk a lot about replacing the evil elite of the world and replacing the world's power structures but I don't see that as a realistic solution. Just a substitution. Solutions create problems because they don't address root causes and lack foresight and hindsight and the willingness to look at the large and look at the small.

Arnold Mindell has the clearest view of this subject that I have ever heard.

For those of you courageous enough to get it !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDcM5KUTQf4

Sunny-side-up
18th February 2015, 12:37
Hi Bright Garlick

Yup there is and always has been a very important place for History (Positive=REAL history).
History combined into daily democracy, great!
Problem is it has never been taught or included, the real History (Positive=REAL history) that is :(

If we had had that we wouldn't have had the negative fake-history we have all lived through would we :(

araucaria
18th February 2015, 14:11
Thank you Bright Garlick. This inspires two thoughts, one more philosophical, the other more theoretical + practical, which for easier reading I shall put in separate posts.

“History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake,” says one of the characters in James Joyce’s Ulysses. Here are some excerpts from an interesting paper commenting on this idea.

Abstract - The majority of readers of tend to associate its most famous line, “History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake,” with Stephen Dedalus’s intention in The Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man to overcome his past of rigid national and religious tradition. While this meaning is immediately present in the quote, a closer reading of the text suggests a far more ambitious–and perhaps even vain–impetus behind the identification of history as a nightmare. Additionally, just as the most popular reading has an autobiographical dimension–in which Joyce himself seeks to transcend his own tutelage–so does the alternate reading I present in this essay have implications for both Dedalus and Joyce.
http://ejournals.library.vanderbilt.edu/index.php/vurj/article/view/3766
University of Tulsa professor Robert Spoo’s general observation of Stephen in James Joyce and the Language of History: Dedalus’s Nightmare: “[Stephen] therefore learns a lesson that by the time of Ulysses he knows by heart, that the notion of a surmounted past is indeed a dream, a dream that quickly passes into a nightmare as each effort to shed one’s antecedents reinscribes them ever more deceptively in the present”
history, as an infinitely exploitable object of memory, is a nightmare from which Stephen intends to awake. (…) If Stephen is unwilling to submit to either the contingency of someone else’s history or the malevolence of “actual” history, he can always take matters into his own hands and create his own subjective conception of history. Stephen’s heroic task could be to reconcile the naïveté of Mr. Deasy’s theory that “all history moves towards one great goal” with the protean chaos of a world in which there is always the possibility that “I [am] suddenly naked here as I sit” (which, one might add, is a common motif of nightmares, and thus parallels Bloom’s aforementioned reflection on the conflation of the real world with nightmare). Spoo substantiates this conception of Stephen’s objective (…)
(…) Stephen also draws together the “pellets” and “snippets” of his erudition and experience, and replies to providentialist history by asserting, as Pound did, that there are no indisputable “cords” tying one detail to the next, that the artist’s vision, his or her “underlying conviction plus- passion,” can sever received connections and build up “our concept of wrong, of right, of history,” just as Joyce had done in Dubliners, that “chapter of the moral history of my country”.
Author Anthony Burgess further corroborates this notion with his analysis of the aforementioned “drowning man” motif: “it has its obvious Homeric parallel in the many drowned companions of Odysseus, but it has another function as well – it calls up an aspect of that world of the dead which, like history itself, oppresses the world of the living.” (…)
Bloom, though the pragmatic foil to Stephen’s abstract philosophizing, drifts off into equally morbid musings, particularly in the nocturnal hour of “Ithaca.” His speculations as to the whereabouts of the people with which he interacted that day, marked one by one as “in bed,” culminate suddenly in the appearance of “Paddy Dignam (in the grave)”. The combination of noises at that moment (“bellchime and handtouch and footstep and lonechill”) perpetuates this rumination on the macabre, and so both the ambience and the apparition of the late Paddy Dignam already recall the intrusive nature of the nightmare. Bloom proceeds to reflect upon the “various manners” in which his companions have died (again concluding with Patrick Dignam’s death), almost echoing the passage at the end of “The Dead” in Dubliners when Gabriel observes that “one by one, they [are] all becoming shades.”
it is now apparent why this nightmare is also the very nightmare of Joyce himself, from which he intends to awaken by means of composing Ulysses. “I’ve put in so many enigmas and puzzles that it will keep the professors busy for centuries arguing over what I meant, and that’s the only way of insuring one’s immortality,” Joyce once infamously declared of his work. In one sense, he is echoing Oscar Wilde’s preface to The Picture of Dorian Gray (which is, in fact, also quoted by Mulligan in the “Telemachus” episode): “Diversity of opinion about a work of art shows that the work is new, complex and vital. When critics disagree, the artist is in accord with himself”. More specifically, from a parallactic standpoint, Joyce is aware that the only assurance of his immortality is by means of relation to others, who are constantly interacting with his work and thus keeping him “alive” even after he has ceased to exist physically. While this principle may be true, it is also rather parasitic and deceptive in its intention. Joyce remains immortal provided that his readers remain bound to the nightmare of history–both of tradition and of insignificance–ceaselessly wandering Dedalus’s labyrinth and attempting to decipher the meaning of the text, rather than creating an immortalizing logos of their own as Stephen does. In effect, the otherwise solicitous parallax collapses into egotism, and it is only once “the old order yields place most grudgingly to the new,” as Queens College professor Edmund Epstein describes Joyce’s conception of the apocalypse, that Joyce will have finally died his second death57 Then again, once Joyce has been forgotten, we will have also forgotten the nightmare of history from which we were supposed to escape in the first place.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Here is the theoretical/practical part, which has to do with kinesiology. The quotes below are based on previous posts of mine on this forum.

In Power vs Force, Dr David Hawkins uses kinesiology to establish energy (or truth) levels on a scale of 0 to 1000, where the average human is just creeping over 200, the critical point from negative to positive. The 400s he calls reason, the 500s Love, the 600s Peace etc. Interestingly, top scientists like Einstein, Descartes and Newton are rated 499. (Freud also, only Jung I think rates higher). This is very high, but as the figure suggests, it falls just short of what is described as another giant leap, being limited by such things as the Cartesian mind/body dichotomy and Newtonian mechanics. Only artists and spiritual leaders are rated higher than this, and this is where the dearth of scientists capable of positively embracing the ET phenomenon starts in my opinion.
If kinesiology can be used to diagnose individual situations in this manner – with the global extrapolation that we can take away from the above data, there is evidence that, with kinesiology, and likewise Dolores Cannon’s hypnosis,

consistently when physical symptoms have been present these symptoms have been removed and the patient cured. The only scientific way of validating or invalidating this is to try it yourself. In The Emotion Code, Dr Bradley Nelson offers a kinesiology protocol for clearing ‘trapped emotions’ – ‘the invisible epidemic’ – including a self-administered routine. This is a simple process, involving no drama, little self-examination, simply identifying an emotion by name, and it works with humans and animals as well. If you have a horse lame beyond veterinary help and suddenly find it can walk normally, the ‘tried and failed’ label will surely make you smile.
http://www.drbradleynelson.com/five-things-you-should-know-to-use-the-emotion-code-correctly/
I have tried this technique in a very limited way; since it only handles emotions one at a time – and there will be hundreds of these – you would not expect to get anywhere fast without a particular symptom to get you started; nevertheless on one occasion it took me straight to a very significant second-hand experience of my father’s grief when I was too small to understand or even consciously remember.
A further stage in this process Dr Nelson calls the heart wall. He found his wife had a wooden wall of trapped emotions around her heart, and this wall was five miles thick. He also found that this was an extremely frequent problem, affecting eight people out of ten. So any treatment of such an issue is going to be totally non-judgmental, being a core feature of the human condition at this time. It is not about what we have done but what we have done to us. It works with victims, not perpetrators. Perpetrators are not ready to undergo this process. Another woman’s ‘protective’ heart wall was made of an indestructible out-of-this-world metal that she had seen on an alien spacecraft in an SF movie. When it was removed, she walked out of a 22-year marriage with an abusive husband.

Here is something I am particularly interested in. There is one particular type of trapped emotion that puts this healing method into overdrive. It is the inherited emotion. Let me quote this passage:
“When an inherited trapped emotion is released, it is released from all the ancestors that passed the emotional energy down the line, no matter how many generations back that may be. This is truly one of the most powerful aspects of The Emotion Code! I recommend that you hold a clear intention to release the inherited trapped emotion from every soul that is holding this energy, whether living or dead, since it is possible that the person you are working on may have passed this energy to their children. When you are finished, you can muscle test to see if the emotion was released from not only the subject, but from anyone who may have inherited this energy. (p. 219)”

This is presumably demonstrably verifiable among generations of the living – if, say, as a parent yourself you inherited such an emotion from your living grandfather and the outcome was a clear improvement on the whole family. How it affects the dead is only verifiable through muscle testing; but since muscle testing is the basis of the whole process, with its proven track record, then that may be seen as an adequate form of verification.

Here is the value and relevance of this process to this forum. We have for example a member, Simon Parkes, who has memories of being Adam. This sounds incredibly far-fetched but we now have a mechanism for how it might be true: he would simply need to have conscious access to the above-described trapped inherited emotions that are normally unconscious, all the way back to the beginning. This means that by releasing these inherited emotions going all the way back, we would literally be releasing those same emotions trapped in every person who has ever lived since Adam and Eve. This is the miraculous effect that I have tried to describe in another context, and given that it involves modifying a holographic energy pattern, there is nothing magical about this being achieved from any tiny point of the hologram. Indeed, paraphrasing Margaret Meade, that is the only way it can be done. The Avalon forum is a likely candidate to be that tiny point. Let it be done.