PDA

View Full Version : Unintentionally Killing Insects ... I Feel sad :-(

Bassplayer1
27th February 2015, 16:18
Hi everyone! Just a quick one ... This morning I came across 2 creep crawlies. I've seen this kind before during the summer and although we live in a top floor apartment (and goodness knows where they come from!!) I'll carefully put these little beings out onto the balcony which is far from perfect I know ... but we don't have a garden!

This morning I saw a couple of these insects and put them out on the balcony, but this wasn't very nice of me because its freezing cold and it looks like they've already both died because of this. Now I feel sad because one of the insects had moved closer to the other - could this be so they could die together? I feel bad ... but what can we do? It's not practical to provide a home for all insects and I wonder how long they survive indoors anyway what with tiles, floorboard, carpets and plug holes!

I think this is a tricky one. On a spiritual level insects are still little beings are they not? Is it wrong to choose which beings live and those that can die?

Perhaps I'm over re-acting! Thank you for reading xx

MorningFox
27th February 2015, 16:23
I assumed you'd killed something, but you just put them outside :pound:

Life in 3D is built on killing other things to survive... We are constantly killing microbial life and bacteria within our bodies all day every day. What makes them any different to insects? Size?

I honestly think it's the intention behind our actions that counts, rather than the action itself. You feel guilty, which shows you have compassion. I would let it go and move on. I doubt the insects are worrying about it much :)

Pam
27th February 2015, 16:35
Bassplayer1, thank you for your thoughtful post. It is so encouraging to me to see someone that has respect for all life forms. I believe they are due the same respect as any living creature. If you are frequently having to put the little guys out of the house maybe you could have a potted shrub out on your deck to place them in. It is an easy way to provide cover and protection. I see that you are a kind and thoughtful soul and that is what we need now more than anything.

With love and respect,
Pam

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Life in 3D is built on killing other things to survive... We are constantly killing microbial life and bacteria within our bodies all day every day. What makes them any different to insects? Size?

I honestly think it's the intention behind our actions that counts, rather than the action itself. You feel guilty, which shows you have compassion. I would let it go and move on. I doubt the insects are worrying about it much :)

Beautifully stated, MorningFox. This is sage advice and is well taken.

shadowstalker
27th February 2015, 16:37
Next time you come across another insect like that take it to a pet shop, they would probably give it to another insect or reptile, at least it would be eating by another animal/insect. And you would not be responsible for it's life cycle. At least it would not be what would be considered inhumane.

Bassplayer1
27th February 2015, 16:54
Thank you everyone for your thoughtful replies - much appreciated.

Thank you for your reassuring common sense and putting things into perspective MorningFox.

Peterpam, your suggestion of a potted outdoor plant is excellent and would certainly work for most of the year.

Shadowstalker, the pet store idea is very good during the freezing cold canadian winters!

DNA
27th February 2015, 17:08
God, remind me not to ask you to go fishing with me. Good luck baiting your own hook.

sirdipswitch
27th February 2015, 17:11
This morning I suddenly got uncontrollable shivers. I was freezing and could not stop shaking. I went to my heater control to turn it up, but found it set to 76 degrees. Checked my thermometer. 76 degrees. Finally after about ten minutes my unexplainable shivers subsided.

Thank you for explaining why...:wizard:

earthdreamer
27th February 2015, 17:46
I keep a bug-catcher in the house (just a cup and piece of matboard). We get way too many ladybugs to worry about putting them all outside. I did feel bad when a big spider surprised me and I put him out. Later I found its crumpled body on the front door mat, our cat had played with it too roughly I surmised!

(Lol, to the fishing joke!)

Earthlink
27th February 2015, 19:36
June Bugs here in Ontario show up in great numbers, for a few weeks or months, and then go away, seemingly, until the next year, when it all repeats again. Many insect species do this, and when the June Bugs in this example leave, they leave their bodies behind. It's like they get to that point where they are done again for this year, and so, they just leave. They do their thing, first hatch, then grow, then mature, and then the ending is always the same, prom night is their last big gig, everyone gets laid, and once the eggs are in place, they all wish each other well, and, see you again next year!

I'm being serious. We Humans are the only ones here who have distorted the actual death/birth cycles of all Life here with these ridiculous beliefs and dogmas over life and death.

Yet if we did little autopsies on the all the dead June Bug bodies that are left behind, we'd find that there is nothing wrong with the body, and there is no physical explanation as to the cause of death, it is simply that the life force animating it has left, and it falls back down to the ground from which it grew in perfect immaculate condition.

And this happens through thousands of insect species types across all continents. They all abandon perfectly good functioning bodies every year, and they have all provided themselves the means to do it endlessly without care over it.

In the physical world today accumulated knowledge has shown us that Life, all Life, is Energy, and Energy can neither be created nor destroyed: only moved.

Lifebringer
27th February 2015, 19:46
Well, you're not alone, yesterday I was looking at my aloes in a flower pot and noticed a "slug" hanging on the side, and tossed him/her on the porch. Their poisonous and I have cats. He should have stayed outside, and must have hitch hiked in the bottom of the pot that holds water. I didn't check to see what happened, and just made peace with it because I save 5 kittys to one garden slug. Do they hybernate. It was snowing here too. But they creep me out too. Hope ET doesn't feel the same about us.LOL

giovonni
27th February 2015, 20:29
Yes this is a curiously interesting dilemma for conscious minded individuals ...i also try inadvertently to never interfere with another lifeforms pathway ... But often it can't be avoided, especially if one takes our (human) given stewardship seriously ... In this (in door) case i usually just let these insect beings go on their way ... Life is usually very short for these tiny beings.

PS ~ i know this might all sound silly to some here ... But i try to practice a good energy intent in these instances ... And most often this renders a harmonious co-existence even with spider kinds ... ;)

Inaiá
27th February 2015, 21:09
I feel the same, Bassplayer1 and Giovonni.

Andrew
28th February 2015, 00:03
I tend to sometimes stand on snails at night leaving or returning to my house via the garden path and it really gives me belly ache, in summer now when there are lots of them I consciously try to avoid them even though I cant see because it's dark, hoping that I can somehow navigate past without stepping on them. If there are spiders in the bath I put a piece of toilet paper over the side so they can get out. Annoying flies get herded out the door or window.

I used to hunt animals kill bugs whatever but since my intentions changed and I started respecting them as equals, you really do notice a difference in behavior in regards to the animals.

Twig
28th February 2015, 08:50
It's a tough one cos i'm not really into bugs...Before my awakening i squished, splatted, swatted anything that moved indoors.

Now I try and deter them..Garlic for the ants, Cucumber skin for the cockroaches, 2 small lizards got a broom ride out....BUT..the flies still get swatted/sprayed.

Sunny-side-up
28th February 2015, 11:51
Bassplayer1 that's the trouble of being in this realm, every action we take has reaction for which by our action we are responsible for :(

Bumping your reply with hi0lights MoringFox

Farmer sees a little chick all alone on a hard, cold frosty field.
He picks it up and places it in a fresh hot cow-pat and walks off feeling good, he has given the chick a chance :)
But watching all of this is a sly-hungry-fox who thinks to him self, Oh what a lovely farmer, he does love me after all, he has prepared a nice hot snack ;)

Moral is:
It's not always your enemy who puts you in the ****, and it's not always your friend who pulls you out ;)

it's the intention that counts