PDA

View Full Version : Define love??

thepainterdoug
8th March 2015, 22:35
We all believe we know what it means, or what its supposed to mean. We all say its the most important thing. We all say it to each other and hear it said to ourselves, but let me hear you define it?

What is Love?

Ioneo
8th March 2015, 23:14
The absence of all negatives.

Deega
8th March 2015, 23:23
From my little perspective, LOVE is selfless, hopefully unconditional, non-attachment, ever continous positive energy transfer toward all that live!

Here's a link (http://www.meditationinnewmexico.org/buddhism/love/?gclid=COWE5NrxmcQCFehj7AodLBAAiQ) that may nourrish our thoughts of it.

The best to you!

ZooLife
8th March 2015, 23:58
Love is known not by definition.

foreverfan
9th March 2015, 00:00
The absence of all negatives.

Love is the opposite of fear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93sijhH-cvs

Ernie Nemeth
9th March 2015, 00:00
Love is life!

https://soundcloud.com/ernienemeth/life-is-love

ZooLife
9th March 2015, 00:25
Love is life!

https://soundcloud.com/ernienemeth/life-is-love

Okay, but what is Life then? Absence of death?

"If I am I because I am I, and you are you because you are you, then I am I and you are you. But if I am I because you are you and you are you because I am I, then I am not I and you are not you!"

- a translated quote attributed to Kotzker Rebbe

Restated..

If Life is Life because Life is Life, and Death is Death because Death is Death, then Life is Life and Death is Death. But if Life is Life because Death is Death and Death is Death because Life is Life, then Life is not Life and Death is not Death.

(same goes for 'The absence of all negatives'. )

ZooLife
9th March 2015, 00:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93sijhH-cvs

I'd 'hate' for him to get run over, however, I 'fear' he will if he keeps playing in the street. ;)

(Maybe if he confronts those cars head on they will stop or avoid him?)

Iloveyou
9th March 2015, 00:37
No chance. No words. No definition. Love is the only - yes, what? - that cannot be defined. It is beyond everything. If you love, you know, you know.

Camilo
9th March 2015, 00:41
Love, love, love each other and all things, even those things that your personality does not like, love them nonetheless. Know that love is not a feeling. It is not an emotional state, and it is not an amotional response. It is a perception within which you see the divine spark in everything.

turiya
9th March 2015, 00:45
We all believe we know what it means, or what its supposed to mean. We all say its the most important thing. We all say it to each other and hear it said to ourselves, but let me hear you define it?

What is Love?

Love is when you are not... when words are not... when ego is not...
Love is that which cannot be touched... but can be felt...
Love is the state of no separation.
Love is that which fills an empty void.
Love cannot be addressed...
One that is full of Love, is like a cup overflowing... flows in all directions.
In close proximity, one can feel such love.

donk
9th March 2015, 00:54
Love is truth

joeecho
9th March 2015, 01:46
Love is truth

I love you donk and that's the truth. :secret:

:chess:

thepainterdoug
9th March 2015, 01:47
thanks all! referring to posts so far/ the opposite of all negatives is positives. isn't the opposite of fear more like no fear or bravery? isn't the opposite of truth, lies? does not everything have a definition? isn't truth truth?

/ the great luminary walter russel said love is an equal giving and taking in the world. i kinda like that. like the last line the beatles say in a day in the life.
romantic love is a highly conditional emotion . a course in miracles refers to it as "special love "often a mask for hate. meaning shouldn't you love everyone? as the sun shines on all who stand in its rays.

joeecho
9th March 2015, 01:58
thanks all! referring to posts so far/ the opposite of all negatives is positives. isn't the opposite of fear more like no fear or bravery? isn't the opposite of truth, lies? does not everything have a definition? isn't truth truth?

/ the great luminary walter russel said love is an equal giving and taking in the world. i kinda like that. like the last line the beatles say in a day in the life.
romantic love is a highly conditional emotion . a course in miracles refers to it as "special love "often a mask for hate. meaning shouldn't you love everyone? as the sun shines on all who stand in its rays.

Just using the word love, logically requires a definition otherwise it is meaningless (by definition).

'Love' should not even be a word for when 'it' is a word it is not love.

That doesn't sound logical but neither is _ _ _ _.

Alpha141
9th March 2015, 02:12
Anthony De Mello (3mins)- Love is a state of being:

Em4z-zuDjx0

This is something i listen to many times for the reminder...as it is the absence of fear :)

The other thing..when you reside in this state...your life force is at maximum health and nourishing to provide the best quality of life. Your blood resides in your sternum to cater for maximum organ nutritional aid. Rather than the fight or flight adrenal milking where the blood is pumped into the limbs instead for defense. Our world reality aims to milk you in this way so you are not focused on it but reacting to it. So there is a very 'physical' effect also. Then, see who enters your reality when living in the state of love also. Wonderful individuals in similar states will be drawn to you.

I hope this helps as when i first heard it i was really forced to self examine...in a good powerful realising way.

ghostrider
9th March 2015, 02:21
Love is compassion in action ...

Wookie
9th March 2015, 02:30
Love is a force that holds things together and creates ones reality, good and bad.

Peaceful Journeys Wookie

Natalia
9th March 2015, 02:33
Here is what loves means to me:

"meow"

joeecho
9th March 2015, 02:57
Here is what loves means to me:

"meow"

I 'hear' you.

I meow, therefore I am meowing.

Morbid
9th March 2015, 03:44
http://alexgrey.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Alex_Grey-Pregnancy2.jpg

Rollo
9th March 2015, 09:10
Love is a feeling of creator of the universe.

Philaletheian
9th March 2015, 09:14
love is the smell of burnt almonds..

eaglespirit
9th March 2015, 09:58
The undefinable living, giving, growing, eternal, limitless, enchanting YOU...
that means everything!!!

http://thepoetsgarret.com/2010Uploads/eternallove.jpg

Ewan
9th March 2015, 10:04
Infinite patience.

Skyhaven
9th March 2015, 10:32
food for the spirit

sirdipswitch
9th March 2015, 14:34
So many words to describe something that can quite simply be described in just three words...

The Golden Rule...:wizard:

Valley
9th March 2015, 16:04
The Great Spirit... the Source of Creation... Celebration... Our Spiritual Inheritance... Infinite Possibilities...

Kryztian
9th March 2015, 16:36
Think of all those ideals we have out there: "truth", "beauty", "justice", "harmony", "peace". They are all qualities and states of things; grammatically, they are all nouns and adjectives.

Love, however, is a verb. It is about valuing, respecting, admiring, creating, preserving, and enhancing all those good things described above.

markenty13
9th March 2015, 17:53
I like the quote about love from the third matrix film -

Neo: I just have never...
Rama Kandra: ...heard a program speak of love?
Neo: It's a... human emotion.
Rama Kandra: No, it is a word. What matters is the connection the word implies. I see that you are in love. Can you tell me what you would give to hold on to that connection?
Neo: Anything.

ZooLife
9th March 2015, 18:27
So many words to describe something that can quite simply be described in just three words...

The Golden Rule...:wizard:

But it isn't three words.

If you were tell that to someone that had never heard the term you would have to describe it to them using more words then three.

Also, not everyone has the same moral code in the world.

So.... Maybe they treat you like they would like to be treated but that is not the way you want to be treated and they would still be 100% in compliance with the 'rule'.

http://www.quotescover.com/wp-content/uploads/The-golden-rule-is-that__quotes-by-George-Bernard-Shaw-50.png

(The rule is 100% correct if, and only if, there is zero diversity)

Giovanni
9th March 2015, 18:46
Love is a vibration emanating from the First Source and consists of six aspects: Appreciation (or Gratitude), Compassion, Forgiveness, Humility (or equality), Understanding, Courage. In a three-dimensional geometric pattern constitute a Merkaba. Every living being (with or without a physical instrument) has in its quantum portion (or soul) this vibration and is his free choice to live (or try to live) these vibrational state (called love(.

Deega
9th March 2015, 19:45
Music - What is love?

xhrBDcQq2DM

Patrikas
9th March 2015, 22:27
Divine Love is a combination of all Divinities in Divine union.........,
Cheers

ZooLife
9th March 2015, 23:43
Reading through the thread one see a definition of love being diverse.

In a sense it is. Love see through diversity as if it is a ghost.

Love does not see a poor person, it sees Love.

Love does not see a rich person, it see Love.

Love does not see a child, it sees Love.

Love does not see an old and dying person, it sees Love.

and the list goes on......

Love 'senses' Love

Love 'feels' Love

and as it has been said many times....

http://ohsobeautifulpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Love-is-Love-Julie-Doan.png

Natalia
10th March 2015, 11:30
This is one of my fave love songs, about love...it's so simple and innocent, and lovely...it's not so much about the words, but more about the essence...the video and the song carry the essence of love...and the lyrics connect with it...

umq6qFNVnxs

Wind
10th March 2015, 11:51
Love is the way messengers

from the mystery tell us things.

Love is the mother,

We are her children.

She shines inside us,

visible-invisible, as we trust

or lose trust, or feel it start to grow again.

~ Rumi

Baby Steps
10th March 2015, 12:53
GOD IS LOVE
LOVE IS GOD
We can wield it like a sword-a power that we have been given from Source

We can send this energy anywhere, provided we are not blocked by hate & judgement
To unblock, we need to see the perfection in all things
Then we wield a perfect sword
We become love
We become God
In a dualistic reality well-intentioned acts can trigger mixed results.
To minimise Karma, love is the only moral compass for action

heretogrow
10th March 2015, 14:12
Love is ancient and infinite. It is the essence and force that is embodied in every single atomic particle of the Cosmos. It is the unseen force of the Source that created it and holds it together for Eternity. It always was, still is and always will be. Each entity will experience love in its own way in accordance to their vibration. It is us, it is a part of us and we are but a fraction of it. All with the potential to experience Its infiniteness. There is always more, just when you need It. When you give It away, in human terms and from our heart centers, It effects change and grows boundlessly like ripple on a pond. Thus growth, change and indeed creation continues not only physically, but spiritually, mentally, emotionally and atomically. It is the agent of being and transformation. Everything is bound into being by the force which is love. Not just living things. The Wind, animals, plants, minerals, the Earth the Sun and Stars, the entire cosmos, dances and spins from the energy of Source which is Love. It is sentient and intelligent.

Science will never find the "glue" that binds the tiniest particles of existence together until they acknowledge that "It" is the ultimate force and source of all that was and ever will be which is simply love. To define love is much like trying to paint the face of Source. There are clues and hints in all things yet It all remains totally obscure from our human understanding. Defining love can make your head spin until you finally settle into the notion that It is an infinite knowing that all things are One and "made of the same "stuff" and Love is our birthright.

These are my observations from reflection and intuition. I have no proof but I believe none the less.

Much LOVE!
Julia

ZooLife
10th March 2015, 17:22
Love is giving people the space to make mistakes and 'grow' from them.

That is why I am giving you plenty of space. ;)

Space, the playground for making beautiful mistakes.

http://meetville.com/images/quotes/Quotation-Alice-Bag-life-mistakes-philosophy-Meetville-Quotes-261315.jpg

http://www.zoo.org.au/sites/default/files/styles/zv_carousel_large/public/baby-platypus-1-photo-Jay-Town-Herald-Sun-v1-web620.jpg?itok=_DobovyS

Alpha141
11th March 2015, 02:02
This is what happens to the body when you leave the state of love (what this reality wants to happen to you so your greatest temple potential is given away):

53ApMxcTw40

The effect on the health and growth within our body is. So, one the physical aspect love is truly nurturing and self healing......beyond that, the non physical stuff like energy body has a great base to operate from....Thus allowing the greatest foundation to have your entire repo twa of abilities you were born to have............BUT....

I think the Lyran's Meowing have it won haha...i feel that drowning out of meowing on this topic so what would i know??? lol

Cheers all

InCiDeR
11th March 2015, 03:58
Love is
like the colors
of the butterfly wings

If you try to catch it
between your fingers
it fades
and disappears
---

...referring to the general conceptualisation of human comprehension of love

Ernie Nemeth
11th March 2015, 18:43
In a world of perception, love is the only truth. That quality that is incontestable and fully subjective.

Love connects and corrects the ambiguity that is perception. There is not a world of separation, but while it is seen, love is all that can weave it all into a comprehensive whole.

Love is what is left of unity in a world of separation.

Love is the doorway to FE and advanced physics, which all point to the unified field...

Daughter of Time
11th March 2015, 20:28
An expansion of the heart.