PDA

View Full Version : Words vs Actions

soulsearcher
27th March 2015, 17:42
It takes a strong person to open up emotionaly and be liked by many but it takes an incredibly confident person to live by those words everyday and be respected by all.
-Words are the illusion of who we'd like to be.
-Actions are a result of who we truly are.
RJB.

raregem
27th March 2015, 17:56
It takes a strong person to open up emotionaly and be liked by many but it takes an incredibly confident person to live by those words everyday and be respected by all.
RJB.

Considering etymology and the twisted true meanings of words used today I wonder how this affects the statements made.?...

DeDukshyn
27th March 2015, 18:01
Wise words.

In fact it can be said that all our personal doubt, fears, lack of motivation, "emotional pain and suffering", is due to the fact that we do not act the way we want to -- we aspire to be something, we know deep down who we really are, and we think like we are that persona and we try to present that persona, but in action we fall far short. This creates a void within this delta where emotions of a negative hue rush in to fill - and it is where all self doubt resides.

It is sometimes best to keep one's mouth shut and let action do all the talking.

yelik
27th March 2015, 18:10
I find talking about a task or something I want to do somehow dampens my enthusiasm, so I tend to just get on with it and do it. Quite the opposite to what our politicians do, lol

joeecho
27th March 2015, 18:24
RJB.

Well then, 'who we truly are' must change quite a bit in a lifetime. And if 'who we truly are' can change, can that truly be who we are?

http://rs218.pbsrc.com/albums/cc50/CashewXD/Funny%20Stuff/Emoticons.gif~c200

.: Edit :.

Just noticed this was my 1,111 post, coincidence? :tape:

DeDukshyn
27th March 2015, 18:29
RJB.

Well then, 'who we truly are' must change quite a bit in a life time. And if 'who we truly are' can change, can that truly be who we are?

Cute ... Embracing the fact the we are always changing as the truth, is liberating. That which does not change has no life.

joeecho
27th March 2015, 19:03
RJB.

Well then, 'who we truly are' must change quite a bit in a life time. And if 'who we truly are' can change, can that truly be who we are?

"Cute ... Embracing the fact the we are always changing as the truth, is liberating."

Double cute. 'As the truth' but not 'the truth'.

The truth doesn't change but it has a fun time trying. :)

"That which does not change has no life."

Who says? I would not be so sure of that.

(But maybe I will change my mind about that a half million times. Odds are I will be 'right' half the time. :P )

DeDukshyn
27th March 2015, 19:05
RJB.

"Cute ... Embracing the fact the we are always changing as the truth, is liberating."

Double cute. 'As the truth' but not 'the truth'.

The truth doesn't change but it has a fun time trying. :)

"That which does not change has no life."

Who says? I would not be so sure of that.

(But maybe I will change my mind about that a half million times about that. Odds are I will be 'right' half the time. :P )

Well I know that you are not "The Truth" -- oh you will change my little "truth", you will change ;)

joeecho
27th March 2015, 19:12
Well I know that you are not "The Truth" -- oh you will change my little "truth", you will change ;)

You know because you have applied the same sunscreen.

https://grasshopperdiaries.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/magicmirror-1.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/cf/39/99/cf3999a3280eab8e967a33f4959e1362.jpg

:biggrin:

Guish
28th March 2015, 09:03
I find talking about a task or something I want to do somehow dampens my enthusiasm, so I tend to just get on with it and do it. Quite the opposite to what our politicians do, lol

I second this with the following statement.

Those who know don't tell.

There are many things we do not want to do but we still do. Hence, Honesty is the first step towards enlightenment. When the action is right, talking seems to lose importance as the mind is calm and a few words only does the job. A lot of talking is a result of a confused mind.

I interviewed two teachers last month.

One was very talkative and extrovert. The lesson she did was similar to the way she talks. In short, a lack of focus.

The other one who came was calm and composed and very humble despite years of experience in Uk etc. The way she talked reflected her personality and lesson.

joeecho
28th March 2015, 21:48
Those who know don't tell.

There is truth to that, let me 'tell' you. ;)

It's not that one is withholding a secret but that by telling it, it changes in the act. And in that act what is then being told?

There is ONE thing that can never be told and it isn't because it's a taboo.

It's like telling you who I am, in doing so you will invariably see something else entirely.

http://m5.paperblog.com/i/101/1015555/weird-pet-sensation-in-russia-makes-cats-look-L-EyefzB.jpeg

Michael Moewes
28th March 2015, 22:25
agree, words are like the wind they come and go

RJB.

Demetrios
8th September 2015, 10:04
Hi Soul Searcher , I agree fully with that quote . We often hear people saying 'I am a Christian , or Muslim ,or nice person etc etc ' often stating words about who or what they would like to be or what they would like us to believe they are. I often ignore such words and observe their conduct .
How often do people that claim to be religious , virtuous or ' good citizens' actually think and behave in the most abhorent manner .
I just don't care what they believe or what they say about themselves , but I do observe their thoughts and actions.

Deega
8th September 2015, 14:08
Hey Soulsearcher, this is very well said. ''-Words are the illusion of who we'd like to be.
-Actions are a result of who we truly are''. Thanks for sharing!