PDA

View Full Version : Monsanto Supporter Says It's OK to Drink a Quart of Roundup, But Freaks Out When Offered a Glass [Video]

Chris Rofot
28th March 2015, 22:07
ovKw6YjqSfM

Ok so this video is going viral with over 600,000 views in just over 24 hours. I posted this news story to my twitter earlier today and it took me quite a while to hunt down the original video as many people are mirroring it, but this is an important "gotcha" moment so it's better to up the count of the original vid so as not to dilute the message. Would have posted this earlier here but got distracted by a few PM's but just since I posted it to my twitter earlier about 5 hours ago it has gotten 100K views so this is really breaking through to the masses, as even Time Magazine is covering it so I suggest you pass this one along.

The man in the video is Dr. Patrick Moore, one of the co-founders of Greenpeace who has gone over to the dark side I guess as he heavily pushes Monsanto and GMO 'Golden Rice'-

From the interview:

“You can drink a whole quart of it and it won’t hurt you,” Moore insists.

“You want to drink some?” the interviewer asks. “We have some here.”

“I’d be happy to, actually,” Moore replies, adding, “Not really. But I know it wouldn’t hurt me.”

“If you say so, I have some,” the interviewer presses.

“I’m not stupid,” Moore declares.

“So, it’s dangerous?” the interviewer concludes.

But Moore claims that Roundup is so safe that “people try to commit suicide” by drinking it, and they “fail regularly.”

“Tell the truth, it’s dangerous,” the interviewer says.

“It’s not dangerous to humans,” Moore remarks. “No, it’s not.”

“So, are you ready to drink one glass?” the interviewer continues to press.

“No, I’m not an idiot,” Moore says defiantly. “Interview me about golden rice, that’s what I’m talking about.”

At that point, Moore declares that the “interview is finished.”

“That’s a good way to solve things,” the interviewer quips.

“Jerk!” Moore grumbles as he storms off the set.

http://time.com/3761053/monsanto-weed-killer-drink-patrick-moore/

Sith73
28th March 2015, 22:12
What an idiot. I love it when somebody gets caught in a lie. He got very defensive didn't he.

Earth Angel
28th March 2015, 22:20
" I'm not an idiot".........ummmm yea you are!

Star Tsar
28th March 2015, 22:24
You first Mister! :cheers:

The Lawnman
29th March 2015, 18:10
I wrote about this in a recent blog post.

Monsanto (MON) based in St. Louis Mo is calling for the World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC – Lyon, France) to retract its report that one of the world’s most popular weed-killers — and the most widely used kind in the U.S. — has been labeled a probable carcinogen.

As reported by The Lancet (http://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lanonc/PIIS1470-2045(15)70134-8.pdf):

“In March, 2015, 17 experts from 11 countries met at the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC; Lyon, France) to assess the carcinogenicity of the organophosphate pesticides tetrachlorvinphos, parathion, malathion, diazinon, and glyphosate (table). These assessments will be published as volume 112 of the IARC Monographs.” “…Glyphosate, glyphosate formulations, and AMPA induced oxidative stress in rodents and in vitro. The Working Group classified glyphosate as “probably carcinogenic to humans” (Group 2A).

And according the The U.S. Geological Survey estimated agricultural use of glyphosate in 2012, the most recent year available, at more than 283 million pounds, up from 110 million pounds in 2002.

So in the United States, local farmers and growers dump 283 million pounds of a known “probable” cancer causing chemical into the environment where you and I live; and this product gets into our streams, rivers and ground water potentially causing havoc on the environment and people's health. Is there any wonder why a third of the population in America is getting cancers?

Carmody
29th March 2015, 23:34
If it is safe to drink, then why is it when I see it at a store, on a skid.. the entire skid is locked up so no one can even handle a single container.

Yet on another shelf, an entire row of other weed killers, all with a million safety warnings, but open (within physical possibility) to being handled by anyone....

But the round-up..is always locked up, chained even, down to the last container on the skid.

Cidersomerset
30th March 2015, 00:12
The man in the video is Dr. Patrick Moore, one of the co-founders of Greenpeace who has gone over to the dark side I guess as he heavily pushes Monsanto and GMO 'Golden Rice'-

What an idiot ..............Reminds me of ? Oh Yeah !!

http://www.internetweekly.org/images/bush_idiot.jpg

QBsvVg5qg7k

Published on 28 Mar 2015

A lobbyist for Monsanto claimed that it was safe to drink “a quart” of the company's Roundup
pesticide, but pointedly refused to try even a sip when offered a glass during an interview.
Monsanto lobbyist: 'Pesticide safe for humans to drink, but I'm not an idiot to try it myself'

seehas
30th March 2015, 03:54
thanks for posting this video i had a pretty good laugh, he didnt felt so good in that chair anymore didnt he :P

"IM NOT AN IDIOT"

sorry i cant agree with that :happy:

i dont see much human is this person either.

seehas
30th March 2015, 04:07
just did a little research on that guy his name is Dr Patrick Moore and he was the CO-Founder of Greenpeace this lets you wonder for who is greenpeace working.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Moore_%28environmentalist%29

DeDukshyn
30th March 2015, 04:14
just did a little research on that guy his name is Dr Patrick Moore and he was the CO-Founder of Greenpeace this lets you wonder for who is greenpeace working.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Moore_%28environmentalist%29

Almost anybody can be paid enough to say anything ...