PDA

View Full Version : A final farewell to the Misty Project Avalon from one who has severed his head

Bright Garlick
29th March 2015, 06:49
Dear Project Avalon - my fellow human beings.

It is said that after awakening, Siddhārtha Gautama spent the next 45 years of his life teaching what he had learned in his 6 years of wandering and his one night of full awakening. He did so out of love for mankind, because he recognized the true nature of all beings - that all beings are impermanent and that there is no real Self. He recognized that humans suffer because we are constantly craving things that are impermanent and getting attached to them and because we avoid those things we fear. Only to find that what we seek is an illusion, that feeds perpetual desire.

I have spent much of my life as a seeker and the last decade learning to let go of the seeker. I have tried to ground myself in a 24 hour experience of self awareness, in which I was aware of all my thoughts, feelings, moods, actions and words. But I fail every day to maintain full awareness. I accept that my small I (small self) will remain ignorant. But I know that the big I (greater self) is perpetually awake. This small I is the being you know as Bright Garlick and this greater self is everything, the being that some of us call God. I am in you and you are in me. I am all of those people here who like me, those who are in different and those that dislike me.

The real I is boundless and knows no limit in time or space. There is no special ability, no ego, just awareness. I know you in ways you cannot imagine. As you know me. But many of you do not know how to see.

I first joined this forum in December 2010 and found very quickly, much like in the rest of my life, that it was difficult for me (the small I) to connect with people and even more difficult for others to understand anything I had to share. I was never a popular contributor, which was a blessing.

From time to time I would try to find certain people here but to no avail. They obviously had no interest in such a medium.

I was fortunate enough to meet many fine people here, some of whom became my real friends, for which I am immensely grateful to Bill Ryan. Bill alone had the courage to recreate the real world in this format ! Bravo Bill !

I tried to leave this forum previously, as I was feeling very frustrated with the kinds of attitudes and the general tone of nastiness here. I also found myself reacting in ways which I was ashamed of.

When my tumours came back very aggressively and I felt I might not survive, my dear friend Astrid came into bat for me and along with Meeredas and many other kind people, you offered your kind words and sent me money, which helped me to get through the hardest period of my life.

I never cared whether people believe what I have to share. That's entirely up to you. I cared about how people reacted to myself and others. I allowed myself to be overly sensitive and unfortunately that pressed a raw nerve that has been with me all my life. I suffered needlessly, because of some stupid choices.

I am just an ordinary person. A single Dad with a 16 year old son, just trying to do the best that I can. I am no longer working, as I continue to heal from my tumours. I used to be very active with many different projects, trying to help others less fortunate than myself but now days I devote most of my altruistic desires to helping the natural world.

I was fortunate as a child to have a father who was in the RAAF and then later in the airlines. I saw the world and it completely transformed my entire understanding of human life and our precious Earth.

Later, I became conscious of visits from beings from other worlds and I fell in love with a woman who had spent many years using her unusual psychic gifts working with ETs as part of a covert project based in England. Many years later I urged her to share her truth and to speak about the secrets she knows but after an initial timid interview, she withdrew and swore to never say another word. Partly because if the response from certain people in the public and partly because she felt she had betrayed people she cared about. You go on about all the bad people in power but it's ordinary mothers and fathers and sons and daughters and grandparents who work in covert projects. Not evil, demon possessed control freaks. Rachel had a higher clearance than Clifford Stone and has seen things that would utterly transform your view of reality. In one of her projects,, she and another gifted person profiled many millennia of the human future and discovered, among other things, that humans do not essentially change that much. There is no great ascension or emancipation. Greed is still greed, stupidity and ignorance are still stupidity and ignorance and the human race is still afflicted with all the same problems that it was in the mid to late 1980s and is today. Buddha complained about it 2,300 years ago, Jesus complained about it 2,000 years ago, we complain about it today and human ignorance will be there in 10,000 years. There is NO GREAT AWAKENING. Just greater delusion. Don't fool yourself. Look at the patterns of history and you will see the truth. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make the human world a better place. Because we should. But we must start at home, in our own lives.

I lived with Rachel and loved her and I lived with her secrets and it nearly both of us.

Through her and through the ETs that the 3 of us were connecting with, I learned that there are strict rules put in place by what I call the Creator Races, that prevent any civilisation becoming space faring, until it has matured and sorted out it's own ****. If it wasn't for this, for the greater good, we would live in a dystopian nightmare of endless proportions. And it isn't like that. When I hear all this crap about good ETs and bad ETs, I just shake my head. People have no idea of the truth. They are so misled by all the rubbish that passes as truth and so misled by fear and a desire for control, that they cannot SEE. They project their fears over everything. Archetypal Projections rule this planet, not Archons. Those of us who have ET contact, pass through a developmental continuum. With fear and a desire for control at one end and love and acceptance at the other end. Most people who inform the consensus are at the fearful end. They see separation and not unity. And you allow them to inform how you think ? Bill you once used a chicken scenario to describe so called abduction – you were spot on. We are the chickens. But we can choose how to respond !

And when you know the nature of the SELF, you don't see other. You see different manifestations of the ONE. -----*, I send you love, you know not who YOU ARE. And to the others who have disliked me, may you awaken to your true nature and discover the path to freedom – a place that is always within. You don't need to fix the world, only your perception.

In January 2011, 2 races of ETs took me to merge with the light, I came to know as God. So many people judged me and said I was deceived. To them I say, you have never known TRUE LOVE and you have been deceived by what you take to be the self. Some of you will get that, but most of you will not.

I try to live with love and respect and compassion. But the small I wavers and sometimes I have immense anger for the human race. I get so angry with ignorance. And it has been a great source of fuel for the growth of my tumours. But that is my choice and my ignorance. I am slowly learning to let go and dwell in the big I. To dis-identify and re-identify, is the only path that matters.

People will see the ETs how they wish to and use the same filters they use for the rest of their lives, unaware of their conditioning and the wounds that bind them.

I was not always sure why I posted here and infact I think I made some very bad decisions and posted here when I should not have posted anything. I spent a great deal of time before joining and later just observing this forum, trying to understand the human psyche. This is after all a kind of microcosm of the world out there. I did exactly what those you see as having power do. Some of them try to understand.

In 2004 I had an online counselling service and people said things to me they would not even say in a private room. The lack of personal intimacy and audiovisual and tactile cues dis-inhibited them. And I see the same thing here and on Youtube and in every online space. People behave in ways they would not dare in the REAL world. Once we had institutions for the mentally unstable (right or wrong) and now they are free to sprout their damaged perceptions anywhere they want. And those who are well enough to know better, often say things in certain ways, without a care in the world for anyone else.

Everyone suffers and yet we are all trying our best just to survive. No one needs constant criticism or derision. If you don't like a thread or a video, just don't respond. If you can't say something good, why say anything ? What does it gain you ? This is my one regret, that from time to time, I have been a fool and reacted. But there are some people here, who react constantly and deride others in ways they would not dare in the REAL world.

To those people (-----* and --------* I include you among them), who feel strongly about dismissing others and about the hostilities of this cruel world, I say this :

The human world is a cruel place. When you replace a tyrant with power, a hundred others will try to fill his shoes. Stop chasing all the colours of the rainbow and see the rainbow. You keep looking outwards because you are stuck in separation. Take a good hard look at your own lives, at the ****ups you've created and the wounds you have that are festering and unattended. Take responsibility for your own problems and for your own suffering. Spend a little less time in la la land (this fake world) and attend to the real world. Each of you have your own responsibilities to yourself and to people who need you and to EARTH. Look inwards, transform your selves and then you will create the world you seek.

-----*, you like all people are ignorant of who you are and how much you suffer. I worked with vets a lot like you – wounded mothers and fathers, who looked outwards, rather than inwards. They had a history of betrayal and being hurt. They felt empty, alone and misunderstood. Stop imposing your own isolation and help yourself ! Get help, if you need to. LIVE FULLY and not vicariously ! Embrace life. You are only young and have the world at your feet !

-----*, someone else on this forum tried to give you some supportive advice and a host of people turned on that person, including you. Perhaps, just once in your life, you will look in the mirror and look honestly at who you are, instead of seeing others as adversaries. LIFE IS NOT A BATTLE FIELD. No matter how much it feels that way. And to those of you who ran to -----* aid and put down the other person, shame on you for seeing only what you wanted to see. He was trying to help her and you took that help away !

This forum as an ideal is wonderful. But as an actual reality is terrible. There are many good things and many unpleasant things. People get hurt, just as I have. People are real, they have feelings and sometimes they are fragile. They feel. Remember your words, even in text form, have an impact, so choose wisely. I say that having singled out 2 people myself. But my presence here will soon be erased. I breach the terms of use with good intention.

So many people here critique the powers that be and criticise everything and yet, look what you have created with your soap opera dramas. You have replicated the same problems out there, in here. How can it be any different ?

Several of the moderators have been very supportive of me over time and especially now. Thank you to all of them, especially Dennis and Murray. Today Dennis said this :

I'm reminded that the 9th (and final) stage of Buddhist development is "returning to the marketplace", a metaphor for what the enlightened being must face when they meet back up with a cross-section of humanity (good, bad, and ugly - or as the Dude might say, aggressive and non-aggressive.) The metaphor also contains the understanding that when alone on ones mountaintop, it is difficult but possible to achieve enlightenment - but, it is much harder to remain in that state when surrounded by the raucous and chaotic and seductive and unenlightened world.

I have never believed in enlightenment. What is there to enlighten when one knows “What is it that is asking “What am I ?”” and when the doors of perception are eternal ?

But I take Dennis's point, the enlightened one must return to the market place “with gift bearing arms”. In other words, after we've discovered our true nature, we return to the world with love and compassion and wisdom.

I am not enlightened but I enter the market place of life, every day and try to practice loving kindness. When it is necessary I stand up for myself or others. I am angry when I need to be angry. And I am kind when I need to be kind.

I offer you my anger and my kindness. Please, those of you who are seeking, stop seeking. You are the question the answers needs to find. God is within and no where else. All that you seek is within and no where else. Those of you who are angry, understand your anger and let it transform you. Be angry about the right things. Use it as fuel wisely. And those of you who are kind, don't let people walk over you and remember to show yourself the same kindness.

In the coming years we all have a great deal of hardship to endure and none of us needs any more hardship – especially as we are living this shadow game in the online world. Life is very, very short. Our human lives all have a set clock. They are impermanent and we need to embrace every moment consciously.

Remember to be kind and show a little kindness to those who you perceive as having power. As I have said before, you are the powers that be but you give away your power. Get off the internet more and spend more time in the REAL world, with your children, your gardens, your pets, your neighbours, your books, your trees, anywhere but in a place where you only half live.

My great regret is that I have wasted so much time connecting with the world in this way.

Some of you may remember my post about the 7. I never explained what that was all about. But I will tell you this. The 7 walk among you, living and suffering in this world, giving all they can for a better world for generations to come. Nobodies, that no one ever needs to know. They will come and go and the next 7 will replace them and on and on and on.

Each of us has the opportunity to make this a better world and we can do it by opening our hearts and minds and giving all the love we can to those who need our love.

Great anger comes from great love.

Is this Insula Avallonis / Insula Pomorum (Isle of Fruit Trees) – a safe harbour for the weary ? Or is it a place for the Mordreds and the Mayas of the world to sow the seeds of discord ?

Who among you will be the Pontifex Maximus ? http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?63542-Puntifex-Maximus-The-Bridge-Builders-of-Humanity&p=732283#post732283

Sadly, this is not a place for me.

Life is so precious, why waste it on conflict and confusion and an all the trappings of ego ?
You create your own heaven and your own hell. Why make the choice difficult ?

Thank you to everyone.

In anger and in love,

Bright Garlick.

PS. Those of you who wish to stay in contact, know where to find me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFpdJ0q1hj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJn33jnc0vo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oq4Vd5igt4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNdOsL4Xe7Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWE73ddRXQE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzzIiO5FDK0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld5UqwI8Tg4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSToh--FUsI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpKMUg59or8

[Mod Edit * - Names removed to comply with forum guidelines]

DeDukshyn
29th March 2015, 07:06
Well I don't think you should leave just yet. But if you can't be stopped, take care Garlick.

BTW great post.

ulli
29th March 2015, 07:40
Well I don't think you should leave just yet. But if you can't be stopped, take care Garlick.

BTW great post.

I agree with DeDukshyn, on both.
I must admit, I was very surprised at Tesla's reaction to your fine thread.
Was under time pressure lately, or would have commented.
My motto is 'live, and let live', and about humanity as a whole I agree with Dude.
A bunch of kids, the best of which have barely left adolescence,
and it is not only the elite who need to face their sociopathy.
The inner journey is not as long and difficult as some think...
I just takes one step, and they can be there, if they can face the truth about the little self.
Thank you again, Bright, for the great reminder.
Be well.

Feritciva
29th March 2015, 07:59
This is one of the best posts i've ever read on Avalon. Be well, live long & prosper BG!

araucaria
29th March 2015, 08:49
Bright Garlick, it’s a sad day if you and your friend Dude are driven off the forum. If you have moderator support, then you are not breaking the rules to the point of earning a ban, certainly no more than the members you mention. Has this incident been formally reported for moderation by the moderator team as a whole? If not, it should be.

I see no difference between a forum and Buddha’s market place (although technically the word forum refers to the agora next door). The fact that people say things they would never dream of saying face to face does not necessarily imply that they should return to more real-life physical interaction (although they probably should as well), because it also means that they get to hear things about or relevant to themselves that they would not normally hear. Your example of counselling is a very good instance of the way this can be made to work positively.

My point is that the forum is by no means ideal in its present state; but neither is it a monolith. It includes various less hostile environments where you should be able to post your gentle message without interference. If you posted on the Here and Now thread for example, you would get nothing but support from other contributors to that thread. Maybe at some stage you will feel able to take your material back to the open forum where it belongs. It certainly belongs here, since I imagine you are getting the flak because you are saying things that need to be heard, which is a good and healthy thing, otherwise you would just be preaching to the choir. We are not talking about preaching, we are talking about choir members singing up and keeping the thing together.

Iloveyou
29th March 2015, 08:58
Being a newbie and still trying to find my way through all the issues and matters, what helps me most - to gain some approximate insight of what is being discussed and to get my own ideas in order – are the very controversial discussions and debates. And following conflicts helps me to get an impression of where I've actually landed here.

I understand that being involved can take a lot of strenghts and can sap your energy. May you take a retreat and recover perfect health but don't leave the ship. Or leave the ship but stay in contact (take a break?) What I'm hearing is that you love this place and it's not an easy decision to leave. I suppose you are still needed here (at least for the younger member-generation). Do get well.

I wish you all the very very best. Iloveyou.

Agape
29th March 2015, 09:22
Don't be angry good Bright , it's merely that times are changing .. unbelievable as it sounds but I've seen them changing already 2 or 3 times in my life - big way for human society and that's of course , over-generelasitation and understatement

But we are witness to the change through the virtual walls and windows of this community too , and it may feel confusing to many people that there's rise of awareness happening in such unprecedented and massive way , simultaneously with its decline .
It's as if we are all - out of sudden - trying to reach out for the Stars .. and the time is not ready , not quite yet .. awareness rises and falls .
Up and down . The higher it rises the deeper it falls . This has been so far , the nature of human struggle .
Fall and rise . Rise and fall . It seems to go in rounds ( ...please kindly hold to your chair or table , don't fall ... )

As someone wise said we live forwards but count backwards .

This 'place' did not exist 10 years ago ... so many came to seek refuge here because their own worlds broke apart . In fact I'm surprised that 'this place' is not much bigger now .
Given by its specificity I think ... and what's going 'down there' , under the castle ..the awakenings are massive but slow .

This is an experiment like many other 'social experiments' people invented times to times to help to facilitate and understand level of human awareness , and where is it heading to ..
it's a sample of those who want to be part of such 'truth-seeking experiment' .

It does not cost money . It may help humanity . Or it may not . But better it will ..

There is a shady side to the 'mass experiment' of course that each one of us has to acknowledge personally , with him/her/itself , sooner or later ..

see , as individuals each one of us maybe quite bright . As a mass of interacting quarks we change to 'chaotic matter' . We lose identity, individuality ..
i've never been to mass anything .. but that's me . Some people seem to enjoy it a lot .. square gatherings and protests , mass entertainments , those huge performances where people change to colourful dots to form a bigger pattern ..

so many nations tried to fulfil the objective of creating utopia ..and failed and let me tell you why ..

things , truths, knowledge and understanding , the subtlety of .. start from individuals , are shared between handful of people the best .

Yes times to times each of us has the capacity to attend big conferences and address big stadiums and the power there holds but as matter of organised awareness it's fairly difficult to keep together for long time .

On grassroots level , we all need more likely handful of friends who understand us much better . Who can be fully trusted . Especially for those who are in vulnerable life situations for whatever sake ,
we need to find our real people and small 'families' and be there for them ..

and reconnect .

So I think it's what is on plan for all those sublime and vulnerable .. please find your own isle of safety , and don't live in the mass illusion .
The world is turning to dangerous place and being alone does not feel safe and there are thousands of options you or me won't accept but ..maybe one or two ways to go ..

it's not about 'seeking God' . God is within You . It's about trusting you are worth it ,
life worth living ,

you're not a number , a member , you are free man .

Anger dissipates as fast as it comes because it's so illusory . This all venture is illusory . Pity those who fail to realise it .

If there's still something you need to do in this life simply focus on doing it . My feeling is that 'all these virtual friends' will stay to your support if you need them .

Blessings on your way ..

:yo:

Puffin
29th March 2015, 09:28
I'm fairly new here and have just met you and Dude. I am sorry to see you go - hopefully you will return and then continue to share what to me is a very valuable contribution. I wish people could be kinder when they disagree. I hold back from sharing stuff, don't think I could cope with unkind words directed at me.

Cristian
29th March 2015, 09:52
Interesting...

I've come to realize the fact that farewell posts may not be the way to go.

You know, displaying your ego one final time , taking your toys and leaving.

It's just not "a letting go " thing it's an ego thing . Farewell posts are ego driven.

I decide when to leave and I leave.

Still the old I you were trying to escape all life.

And you can choose to not be online anymore...but that was never the problem . Is not the online that kept you from enlightenment. It was still you ; online , offline ...it will still be you.

Not related to you Bright, there is also the "next place" concept.

Next place is always better. Because Avalon is being censored by Bill and the mods team. You just can't see the truth because of them. Not because of you...

Is never about you...

There are various other forums and that's a good thing. Bad thing is , in the end, there is the same outcome. Whatever forum you are on is very nice and cozy until it reaches your ego. Then is time to move on to the next cozy place- usually with a goodbye post.

It was never about you...

Sunny-side-up
29th March 2015, 10:16
Still reading through your very interesting post Bright Garlick but just want to make one quick comment (Normally with new posts I catch the end of them)

So just wan't to say 'make sure your not actually running away from the stresses of Avalon community! Make sure it's not something you actually need to live with as apposed to brushing-up-against and leave.

I have always looked forwards to you posts and will miss them, you are an Avalon ingredient (the cake will never be quite the same again!).

Yes we/I now where to find you if you leave, which is good (knowing where to find you that is, not the 'you leaving part), stay in contact if you can.

Love and continued, improved health to you and yours Bright Garlick.

(I will read on through your post latter today)

mosquito
29th March 2015, 10:24
That was a beautiful post Bright.
Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do. And thank you for being here.

Ewan
29th March 2015, 11:01
I've only been here a few weeks. At first I was so excited to have found the place, like minds and all that. It took less than a week before the disillusionment began to settle. Every other post I saw signs of ego, people stating their beliefs as though TRUTHS. Ego protecting their view against another's view. People talking about spirituality and arguing about what may or may not be correct. Everything being externalised and every other post a new way to fear or worry about something or other.

When you beging to awaken there is always a desire to rush around telling everyone what you are discovering. It usually doesn't take long to realise that people who are asleep would rather stay that way. The ego is quite happy to join you in your external pusrsuits, actively encouraging you to seek new information and assimilate or reject it. What IT doesn't want you to do is spend too much time looking inside. For there you may uncover it, and once you begin to see that truth you will begin to withdraw all support.

Here is where you may feel the most fearful, the most isolated, even question your sanity. But really you have just taken the first step on the bridge to freedom and oneness.

Bright, it is the first time I have seen your name. I will not know where to find you. Godspeed.

panopticon
29th March 2015, 11:32
G'day BG,

I don't usually comment on "goodbye" threads but felt a need for some unknown reason.

Hold those dear to you near and love the life you lead.

I hope your tumours are and stay in remission.

I've read some of your writings and agree with some parts and disagree with others.

I've not met any aliens (that I know of) so have no idea whether your writings on that subject are accurate or not.

Truthfully, until you'd said you had brain tumours (I think I remember you first mentioning them in early 2011) I thought you were working on a plot for a novel and running it past us to gauge its strengths/weaknesses.

I agree that power and control are interlinked.

None of this really matters tonight though because Australia beat New Zealand in the IOD. That's what will be getting chatted about in Oz.

Good luck on your journey.

-- Pan

greybeard
29th March 2015, 11:37
I've only been here a few weeks. At first I was so excited to have found the place, like minds and all that. It took less than a week before the disillusionment began to settle. Every other post I saw signs of ego, people stating their beliefs as though TRUTHS. Ego protecting their view against another's view. People talking about spirituality and arguing about what may or may not be correct. Everything being externalised and every other post a new way to fear or worry about something or other.

When you beging to awaken there is always a desire to rush around telling everyone what you are discovering. It usually doesn't take long to realise that people who are asleep would rather stay that way. The ego is quite happy to join you in your external pusrsuits, actively encouraging you to seek new information and assimilate or reject it. What IT doesn't want you to do is spend too much time looking inside. For there you may uncover it, and once you begin to see that truth you will begin to withdraw all support.

Here is where you may feel the most fearful, the most isolated, even question your sanity. But really you have just taken the first step on the bridge to freedom and oneness.

Bright, it is the first time I have seen your name. I will not know where to find you. Godspeed.

Hi Anakie
Welcome.
Not all of Avalon is as you describe.
I respectfully suggest you visit this thread
Latest post here
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?860-Enlightenment-and-related-matters.&p=947555&viewfull=1#post947555

The thread has been running for many years and has not had the kind of interaction you describe.
There are over one thousand visits a week to it.
You might feel at home there.
Best wishes
Chris

Aurvandil
29th March 2015, 12:27
Absolutely one of the best posts I´ve read on the forum and a brutal and longed-for honesty with so many truths. I agree with you totally and am happy that you have found your way, I am getting there myself...

I only wish we could have been friends but this is the first time I see your name, I have been gone for a while from the forum.

Take care, BG!

sunflower
29th March 2015, 12:30
Hi Bright, I have always read your posts on Avalon. Lots to think about and a ring of truth which I might not always want to acknowledge. I am getting there however! I do hope you will reconsider. You may never know how many here appreciated your presence. Best wishes for continued health and new endeavours.

johnh
29th March 2015, 14:39
You're a bright young man, you've taken a good hard look at things, and the world is a far better place with you incarnated now.

Regarding a person creating their own reality, ultimately he/she creates everyone's reality because I am you. No one has gotten to that level yet, that I know of, to be that responsible. At the level of individual (illusion or not), one creates often in opposition or cross-intention to another's creation, or a group's creation. BTW, the Prime Creator created creators, some of whom thought they had a better idea, hence Lucifer. Am addressing here various levels. Also, there are things that cannot be known while incarnated in a body. If you have a body, you have an ego.

Am reminded of what the Buddha said, "No one is enlightened until everyone is enlightened."

Blessings to you, Godspeed. We as a species are at the brink now.

Love you.

Mark
29th March 2015, 15:41
Well alright then, Bright.

It is bittersweet when friends move on, but it is also understandable. Often, it is more than the words that determine a response. It is the energy beneath them. The scintillating spirit of the soul typing the words, which is apparent irregardless of what is actually typed.

From your words, clarity and compassion are the primary emotive emanations I have always sensed. Your truth as expressed is valid. Your journey is undertaken in the spirit of growth and knowing thyself. Your compassion is on display, as evidenced by this final effort to help people achieve self-understanding.

You are right. It is only this. Ever.

Blessings, and see you along that pathless path, written in the stars.

Flash
29th March 2015, 15:57
Hi Bright,

What a powerfull post, what extraordinary power beneath it! and yes, we feel the love and despair together.

And I have the feeling that this thread is the meeting of the greats - all powerful souls on this thread right now.

To tell the truth, this post of yours touched me much more than Dude's talk, most probably because that post is more grounded in here and now (of course, this would be normal, from human to human lol).

The impact and power you can have for other is exactly on how you wrote that post, in my views. Everything has to be filtered down through human eyes for humans to catch the vibe.

In my eyes, you are far from over with us, you are just truly starting;)

In my views, you have not infringed any forum rules at all. You are just standing up to some forms of bullying, even if coming from very acutely bright individuals, it is still bullying. Thanks for standing up.

And, for the forum..... I just told a client lately that when there is no conflicts in a corporation, or in an organisation, I worry very much for that corporation / organisation. Conflicts ARE usefull, and often necessary for progression, when RESOLVED actively, mostly when amongst creative worthwile members. Going away or throwing you out is pushing it under the carpet, not resolving it. And it will resurface elsewhere, when moods, drugs, despair or simple reaction to hardship makes members go overboard. A bigger more useful forum means conflict résolutions approaches and a set up allowing it.

We are on a planet of polarities after all, conflict management, anger management and RESOLUTION findings is part of the game. Why not dive in it, with a detached attitude.

Love even through conflicts, isn't this unconditional love? We do not even need to give time to some members if we do not wish so. Just being there is often fine and enough.

Now, as per your post Bright Garlic,

1. I am very sorry for your cancer and the hardship/blessing it broughts. I am also sorry for the worries it may have imposed on your son, since you are his main supporter / security provider. I have empathy for this in all the fibers of my body and heart.

But many of you do not know how to see.
Yes, right, we are a Young race, underdevelop and most of us are very slow learners. Yet, we do teach our Learning disabled and feeble minded kids don't we? Why should the human race get less patience and love from its creators?

You don't need to fix the world, only your perception.
In my daily life, Bright Garlic, I teach. I am a born teacher. If I show up somewhere to teach, they call again and again for more. I have the zest for vulgarisation and touching people at their own level (even if I have been trying to get away from this lately, because it is physically, emotionally and mentally very demanding). Plus I have a definite sense of business, which often is difficult to merge with teaching.

And I realised again and again and again that most the time, I teach what I am in dire needs of Learning myself. In fact, I am first of all teaching to myself - hilarious and paradoxal isn't it?

I see some of what you told us as yourself telling yourself as well.

But the small I wavers and sometimes I have immense anger for the human race. I get so angry with ignorance.

We all are, Bright Garlic, we are all angry. I personnally hope and somewhat I am starting to see that this will pass too, when Under the spotlights of active consciousness and Under consciousness in action, letting the emotions move through. It is after all just an emotion, like all other emotions, and it will pass, but not before having serve as a springboard to reach higher consciousness. Well, I think?!?

Stop imposing your own isolation and help yourself ! Get help, if you need to. LIVE FULLY and not vicariously ! Embrace life. You are only young and have the world at your feet !

Bravo, you are entirely right, I had the taste to write that to Tesla many many times. I sometimes think she needs a kick to Wake up, because it is what she is used to, getting kicked around and won't listen otherwise, knowing full well that she had very few loving, tender, compassionate, patient and soul reaching encounters. She just cannot take it yet, but I decided I would refuse to be the other way with her. Bully me, fine, I will be firmed but with love, affection, compassion, patience, tenderness, all what would make her being open up to life. One day it will strike her like a thunderbolt and there will be no way back, her life will change. As mine will when hers does.

There is no great ascension or emancipation. Greed is still greed, stupidity and ignorance are still stupidity and ignorance and the human race is still afflicted with all the same problems that it was in the mid to late 1980s and is today. Buddha complained about it 2,300 years ago, Jesus complained about it 2,000 years ago, we complain about it today and human ignorance will be there in 10,000 years. There is NO GREAT AWAKENING. Just greater delusion

We are a Young race. And yes, we are in great delusion. 10,000 years seems a lot, but it is nothing in the unfoldment of souls. A blink of an eye.
Great awakenings (plural) is in everyone one of us, individually, making then a collective. One of the delusion is thinking in human perceptions of time and human perceptions of what IT SHOULD BE. As if we could know! :p Slow, very slow learners we are, aren't we?

The metaphor also contains the understanding that when alone on ones mountaintop, it is difficult but possible to achieve enlightenment - but, it is much harder to remain in that state when surrounded by the raucous and chaotic and seductive and unenlightened world.

True and false. Enlightenment on a mountaintop is achievable to those who have already put their hand in the manure and have learned to grow the most wonderful flowers out of it, creating the richest soil there is. Then the minerals being spread through evaporation reach the mountaintop for the enlightenment. To go back down to feed the earth.

WE ARE THE 7, THE 49, THE 327......

I have the taste to tell you "welcome back"!

Deega
29th March 2015, 16:04
Hey Bright Garlick, I want to wish you a great journey to another venue!

You've been here, you have experience sharing your wealth of knowledge in this Forum! You come out a bit frustrated, and it's really unfortunate! Now you feel it's over, and be blessed on it.

Well my friend, you have made a choice, and I wish you the best.

Earthlink
29th March 2015, 16:18
Walk lightly Brother, wherever you go. I do not expect you to carry any load that helps me keep my sorry arse in dry diapers, (a metaphor) though I will appreciate you when you do so. All I can offer in return, is the same : )

Dennis Leahy
29th March 2015, 16:45
Bright Garlick, it’s a sad day if you and your friend Dude are driven off the forum. If you have moderator support, then you are not breaking the rules to the point of earning a ban, certainly no more than the members you mention. Has this incident been formally reported for moderation by the moderator team as a whole? If not, it should be.

Yes, the moderators have tried interceding, and all parties have been contacted. I have personally asked Bright not to leave, and in fact to stay and help define forum protocol for members interacting with contactees.

Very interesting that you mentioned Buddha's "marketplace" metaphor, araucaria, as this was central to my message. An ET contactee/experiencer who wants to share the story of their experience (or ongoing dialog, if that is the case) has a number of options of how to present the material: in a video (with comments turned off), or in a blog (with comments turned off) would provide a media platform with no interruption, but also no interaction. Sharing on a forum is the other end of the spectrum - forums are all about interaction. Thus, sharing on a forum is akin to the 9th and final stage of Buddhist development - returning to the marketplace. Avalon is a "filtered" marketplace. Differences of opinion are encouraged, but with respect. For forum members that "do not resonate with" or do not believe the material (or don't believe it is of ET origin, or believe that if of ET origin then the ET entity has a nefarious agenda), there is a balancing act between forum members remaining silent, or expressing their disbelief, or pointing out specifics in the supposed ET message that may be harmful. I don't think Project Avalon has a clear guideline to both offer contactees a safe space to tell their story and yet allow interaction from members that feel the need to speak-up about their concerns. Again, I have asked Bright not to leave, but rather to stay and help us to formulate a policy that balances all factors.

Mark
29th March 2015, 17:19
I don't think Project Avalon has a clear guideline to both offer contactees a safe space to tell their story and yet allow interaction from members that feel the need to speak-up about their concerns. Again, I have asked Bright not to leave, but rather to stay and help us to formulate a policy that balances all factors.

This is oh so very important. So much could be alleviated if there were some clear forum policy in regards to this particular issue, as years of cyclic dramas can attest to. I hope Bright accepts this offer and that such a policy will clarify as a result.

donk
29th March 2015, 17:31
I don't think Project Avalon has a clear guideline to both offer contactees a safe space to tell their story and yet allow interaction from members that feel the need to speak-up about their concerns. Again, I have asked Bright not to leave, but rather to stay and help us to formulate a policy that balances all factors.

This is oh so very important. So much could be alleviated if there were some clear forum policy in regards to this particular issue, as years of cyclic dramas can attest to. I hope Bright accepts this offer and that such a policy will clarify as a result.

I think the policy is pretty clear, it's just that (as in real life) when we say one thing and do another, it's tough to reconcile.

I believe the only thing we have to fear is (emotional attachment to) fear itself. Only when we truly understand this, then (when we can learn to stop lying to ourselves) will we be able to grow.

I see it happening on individual level (here & all around me)...it (truth) is projecting itself onto the collective.

"If you will it Dude, it is no dream" -Walter S. Happy trails BG!

marielle
29th March 2015, 17:36
I don't often post, but I did want to wish you well. Whenever I endeavor to help in any way, I always remind myself that no good deed goes unpunished ;) It helps reduce my attachment to any particular outcome of my efforts.

onawah
29th March 2015, 17:42
This may offer some insight: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?80889-COSMIC-UPDATE-Sun-in-Aries-and-the-Moon--s-hairtrigger-activity&p=947674&viewfull=1#post947674

Earthlink
29th March 2015, 17:42
Hey any mods here, I have a request, a very simple one, that I believe will help immensely with continuity and serenity.

It's like this: me posting a thread here can be compared to me taking out a big canvas and beginning to draw a picture of some sort. It could be a very simple picture when it's done, or, it could end up being quite an elaborate picture.

Fair enough, however, because I have no control over who else can also paint onto this very same canvas at the same time ... do you see where I'm going with this?

"Purple is a great colour, there should be purple in this picture!"

"I hate purple with these colours, get that **** off my painting!"

"No, you just need to look at it differently, purple looks great here!"

Anyway, I would like the ability to edit my own posts, and this means the ability for me to delete other colours (comments) that have been added to my artwork (post). Without this ability, all pictures begin to look the same here.

just my thoughts, peace

ThePythonicCow
29th March 2015, 18:14
Anyway, I would like the ability to edit my own posts
You have the ability to edit your own posts (click on "Edit Post", below your post, near the right side).

You can guide the threads you start by either being clear to others what you want that thread to focus on, or if that gets out of hand, asking the moderators for assistance.

Earthlink
29th March 2015, 18:18
moooooooooooooooo

RunningDeer
29th March 2015, 18:21
I would like the ability to edit my own posts
Earthlink, check here: "How to edit your post" - Post #32 (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?66104-How-to-Tips-with-Visuals-for-Links-Quotes-Images-etc.&p=947688&viewfull=1#post947688)

<3

UPDATE: Yipes! It took longer than I thought to create post. Didn't see the above exchange. PLEASE DELETE. :wave:

Rich
29th March 2015, 18:27
maybe she means the OP can delete posts from other people

Star Tsar
29th March 2015, 18:37
I didn't get to read original thread would have loved to have been able to read what Dude has to say...
All the best Bright whatever you decide.
:(

pyrangello
29th March 2015, 18:46
I submit to you BG that the Avalon family is just like any other family .There are those who we gravitate to and those who we just choose to not pay attention to. In my 52 years on this earth there is one conclusion that often comes to mind periodically. That is everyone has a gift no matter how small or large and when you recognize that persons gift all it does is make you smile as you yourself have been enlightened by allowing the recognition to take place within. One of my friends told me years ago "Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry enough and your crying alone eventually". Think about that and how it is applied in our own personal lives,especially mine. Then there is the phrase " The more you know is when the light goes off on how much you really don't know. That in itself can be so frustrating as part of yourself can be so brilliant and vibrant and then the ying and yang effect happens. Life , this so called reality, living each day , it all can ground you so very fast or lift you up higher. It's just where does your perception exist at on a daily basis?

This is one big family here on Avalon , there are those who get your goat if you let them , make you laugh if you let them , and will give you a hug if you let them. It's the chemistry that all families have and I accept that. I move down the road when not interested and embrace when I want to learn more. BG just as you spoke of ignorance and what buddah said, jesus said , for me that comment actually hit home with me as it is a perspective I had never recognized before. Thanks for sharing that ! BG If your travels take you in other directions for now you are always welcomed back and many prayers for your good health too!

One thing in closing about the Avalon family and the input we all share from around the world as ONE. This is one of the coolest forums of a meetings of the mind put together in this lifetime for me. I do learn and continue to learn so much from so many. And from all of the past Avalon members who have left as well. Its been a rocket ship for me of learning like no other as everyone has their own timelines of coming and going with no regrets ! Just keep smiling one day at a time:)

gripreaper
29th March 2015, 18:55
That is one of the most “from the heart and core” posts I have ever read here at Avalon, and I felt no anger laced through its words or energy at all. I do understand how the fire energy can spike and become discordant, because my own nemesis in this lifetime is my lack of fire and the karma around other lifetimes where my fire energy was overtly out of balance and dominant in my life. I wish I could somehow relieve you of some of that fire energy Garlik, as from the other end of the spectrum; living without it has its own set of challenges. I face those challenges every day.

Leaving the marketplace, at least the online element, has its challenges as well. You are delving into subjects which are difficult for most people to “grok” as you yourself have stated, and with your large amount of fire energy you carry, how could it be any different? The outside world is going to mirror that for you regardless, and in my opinion, you have done quite well considering the manifestation of tumors in your physicality to constantly remind you of the inner work you are doing.

Avalon and the online marketplace, as you have stated, does not have the eye contact, the body language, or the nuances that one would engender if these types of discussions were occurring around a table at a restaurant with a few friends. You are correct, people say things they would never say in person, and I find this both important and disheartening. The online venue has done more in the last 15 years to awaken and inform mankind than anything in the last several thousand years. The truth has gone from covert to overt is such a short time, everyone is having to face their demons at the same time out in the open marketplace, and this makes it a messy proposition.

You are correct; we are like a bunch of infants in a sandbox slinging kitty litter while some insist that those little nuggets are Almond Rocha and are munching away on them while the rest of us look on in disgust and insist those at cat droppings. Once they are covered with sand it is hard to tell, but once you have pointed it out, one must let those who choose to munch on cat droppings believing that they are Almond Rocha, the freedom and right to do so. That is where to apply grace and allow sovereignty on this free will planet we call earth.

I know that metaphor may not quite work, and that is also a shortcoming of the online venue, words can be misconstrued in a language which has so many meanings and innuendo’s, we must really learn to feel the energy behind the post, as that is the only way to get beyond the text and move into the realm of energy and feeling behind it. That is where all of us are honing our skills of intuition and discernment all at the same time in this messy sandbox we call the internet.

I do feel that one day I may outgrow this place as well. I can’t believe how hard I’ve taken Dawn leaving, as I really felt she found something very profound in clearing her energy field of any vows and covenants and beliefs which were holding back her fire energy. Having a Kundalini awakening is not a thing to add fear and create an archetype around, but can be a doorway into the greater I AM.

If you choose to sit within your greater I AM and not go shopping in the marketplace, then I honor that in you and wish you all the best. I may join you in the astral one day when I myself choose to open up to the totality of my I AM. Until then, happy trails.

Earthlink
29th March 2015, 18:59
maybe she means the OP can delete posts from other people

correct, I'm not looking to edit my own post, I already know how to do this, and nor do I seek to be able to edit other people's posts onto my thread, I'm looking for the ability to DELETE other peoples posts to my thread, so as to maintain what I, the artist in question, see as a viable picture to paint. everyone else has the ability to start their own thread, and should one feel strongly enough about presenting a counter point (a colour, as used in my metaphor) to the picture I paint in my own thread, they have access to the same palette as me and can start their own thread with the colours they choose to use.

I'm chiming in on what Dennis Leahy mentioned above, and am trying to help formulate a policy that balances all factors.

... and I stand by what I said above here, without the ability to choose all of your own colours in your own paintings, all paintings here will tend to look the same.

scanner
29th March 2015, 20:32
From your very first video on YT to you last post on PA , I'm with you my brother .

Agape
29th March 2015, 21:41

Yes, the moderators have tried interceding, and all parties have been contacted. I have personally asked Bright not to leave, and in fact to stay and help define forum protocol for members interacting with contactees.

Very interesting that you mentioned Buddha's "marketplace" metaphor, araucaria, as this was central to my message. An ET contactee/experiencer who wants to share the story of their experience (or ongoing dialog, if that is the case) has a number of options of how to present the material: in a video (with comments turned off), or in a blog (with comments turned off) would provide a media platform with no interruption, but also no interaction. Sharing on a forum is the other end of the spectrum - forums are all about interaction. Thus, sharing on a forum is akin to the 9th and final stage of Buddhist development - returning to the marketplace. Avalon is a "filtered" marketplace. Differences of opinion are encouraged, but with respect. For forum members that "do not resonate with" or do not believe the material (or don't believe it is of ET origin, or believe that if of ET origin then the ET entity has a nefarious agenda), there is a balancing act between forum members remaining silent, or expressing their disbelief, or pointing out specifics in the supposed ET message that may be harmful. I don't think Project Avalon has a clear guideline to both offer contactees a safe space to tell their story and yet allow interaction from members that feel the need to speak-up about their concerns. Again, I have asked Bright not to leave, but rather to stay and help us to formulate a policy that balances all factors.

Hello Dennis . Thanks for your beautiful posting above ... but allow me to also add that every such 'exposure' has its limits .

I've been through much of it myself ... and if we are at Buddhist philosophy .. the term that matched it well for me was being on 'path of non return' ..

our very human life span is too short to fit in many other lives . More sincerely do we live it's being spent fast like candle burning from both ends .

In fact , we're not meant to do so much ..

Protocols for ET contactees on public forum ? Very difficult to keep to , from many peoples side .

There should be researchers and therapists , and scientists , working with us on serious note , the same goes for spiritual /religious circles .
It's no 'honey' to be ridiculed , doubted , ignored , accused of whatever 'pathy , bullied , and expected to 'adjust to collective' ..
when you have many special experiences at the same time .

I mean , for me .. it was probably something i only tried once ..

I believe that Bright is also trying to reconcile with the option that he may not be with us long enough .. and from my perspective, I'd also allow him to say bye as many times he wishes .

It's a serious matter .. I lost my mum only recently and realised how important saying byes may be ... but moreso , how important is it to get ready .

I do not mean to sound mournful . But that's how our efforts here simply become part of other peoples chains of thoughts, chains and trails binding them together ...

the question remains , should we use our lego pieces to fix other peoples broken chains ..of thoughts...they only believe need to be fixed ..
so that at the end they lock themselves in those chains ..

Wakanpyro
29th March 2015, 23:39
Humans, speaking in a general fashion of which I normally don't like to, tend to want things white or black. One side or another. They want if you say goodbye for that to be it. If you don't, they say you weren't truthful because you didn't leave or came back.
I understand the need to let go for a while, even if that while is forever. Realize this, I think it's good. For a while. Heal and be well. Rest and revitalize. If the day comes in the future where you feel drawn and start looking. The day when you want to return then realize through the time you have healed and rested you will have grown. You will no longer be the person you are now. If you are, you haven't grown, just remained a shell for it's within yourself you find your true self. So, with that said, if you so desire, return. No longer as the one who left, but as new, refreshed, healed, energized person who you have become.
Just a thought.....................until then, blessings to you and know that even you can be the breathe of air breathed from the wing of a butterfly.
Blessings young one...............

RunningDeer
30th March 2015, 00:46
Until Bright Garlick is unsubscribed you can send an email (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=1623) (not a PM) here.

Also: Bright Garlick YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/BrightGarlick) & WordPress (https://etandi.wordpress.com/tag/bright-garlick/)

RunningDeer <3

Tyy1907
30th March 2015, 01:18
It's not easy sticking your neck out and putting out posts that one holds close to the heart. I respect everyone who does. I may not agree but thats ok. The world doesn't need anymore peoples judgements than it already has. High vibrations to all!

Ultima Thule
30th March 2015, 05:53
Interesting...

I've come to realize the fact that farewell posts may not be the way to go.

You know, displaying your ego one final time , taking your toys and leaving.

It's just not "a letting go " thing it's an ego thing . Farewell posts are ego driven.

I decide when to leave and I leave.

Still the old I you were trying to escape all life.

And you can choose to not be online anymore...but that was never the problem . Is not the online that kept you from enlightenment. It was still you ; online , offline ...it will still be you.

Not related to you Bright, there is also the "next place" concept.

Next place is always better. Because Avalon is being censored by Bill and the mods team. You just can't see the truth because of them. Not because of you...

Is never about you...

There are various other forums and that's a good thing. Bad thing is , in the end, there is the same outcome. Whatever forum you are on is very nice and cozy until it reaches your ego. Then is time to move on to the next cozy place- usually with a goodbye post.

It was never about you...

I find that pointing out to others that they have an ego-issue may not be the way to go either.

I find that Brights post was one of the most honest, touching and sincere in the lot encountered in Avalon, a sad loss should it not have been written and shared.

UT

Aspen
30th March 2015, 16:08
I am fairly new on the Forum (since Sept 2014) and only read a few of Bright Garlick's posts, but also find it sad that another person is leaving. I wonder if the indigenous and concept of the Talking Circle might be helpful in guiding Project Avalon forward? It includes many of the values that have been outlined by Bill Ryan in the formation of this online forum. But perhaps some of the other common practices and approaches in talking circles could also be helpful? Talking circles process was developed over thousands of years in indigenous communities in North America. Maybe they were used on other continents too, I don't know. I think the honest form of expression that is available on the internet is a strength, but perhaps more guidelines could be developed to keep the experience safer for people emotionally so that people do not feel abused? Here is a website that teaches about talking circles and how they have been used online as well. http://firstnationspedagogy.ca/circletalks.html http://www.livingjusticepress.org/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC=%7B51F9C610-C097-446A-8C60-05E8B4599FE7%7D
http://healingchicago.wordpress.com/guide/

The way I understand it is the talking circles always place value on the relationships being developed above the value of finding the solution or truth about the topic being discussed. Perhaps they can help inform the community building is supposed to be one of the values of this forum. there are also different kinds of purposes for the circle process. The idea is consensus decision making where everyone has an equal voice. There is that dynamic here on Avalon and that is what I like (everyone has the chance to state their opinion) In indigenous circle process there is respect and a lot of listening. You are to listen carefully to the preceeding persons before responding. |that is often missing on Avalon, people don't have the time to read all the posts before responding. In indigenous circle process there is a facilitator to keep the process safe for everyone, but that doesn't really happen very well online. There is a lack of privacy and confidentiality. In indigenous circle process spirituality and ceremony are included to help create a sacred space. I wonder how we could do more of that on the Avalon Forum? There are the indigenous values of:
sharing, caring, and determination to see things through that also need to be part of a healthy circle process. How can we promote that on Avalon? Just some ideas that came out of a workshop I attended on the weekend.

Hopefully the lose of great members who have been great contributors will not be in vain. The problems seem to arise because of conflict. Conflict is inevitable and maybe we need to learn to "do" conflict better on this forum. Conflict has the great potential to lead to transformation and positive change. Hopefully Avalon will continue to rise to the occasion and become a safer place where conflict can be handled in constructive ways.

Mike
1st April 2015, 15:18
if i had to reduce the OP to one sentence, it would be this: overly sensitive guy leaves the forum because he had an argument with another member.

whats new?

aside from its length(even tho i normally skip longer posts, i read the whole thing), its really no different than any of the other unnecessary 8 trillion farewell posts we've seen here over the years.

though often cloaked in magnanimity, it has nothing to do with the forum members - its everything to do with the individual leaving. its emotionally manipulative - it makes a martyr and a hero out of the person leaving, and in this case a villain out of the members the person leaving has argued with. and that sticky residue stays for a while. no matter how wonderful and brilliant the villain is from here out, they'll still be regarded as the evil jerk whose responsible for the 'retirement' of bright garlick (who [if we've learned anything here] will be back in no time by the way...if he even retires at all)

what we have here is a sanctimonious OP, cloaked just enough in spiritual wisdom to hide (barely) the fact that its really intended as a put down of 2 other members. look, if you wanna take a shot at another member, just do it man. please spare us the ceremony. sure, there is a lot of wisdom in the OP, but in this context its all subterfuge.

im not saying youre a bad guy, bright. you seem like a warm-hearted man with one hell of a life story to tell. theres some knowledge there we can all benefit from. but im always so confused when people leave the forum like this, coining it a nasty environment and one full of bad attitudes etc. me, personally, ive never known a more sedate, pleasant, easy-going place (on-line anyway) than avalon. its amazing - people have an argument or 2 and they get totally spooked and off they go. and i cant help but wonder what their real lives are like, where they live and so forth. look, i dont live in Compton or anything, but if you cant stand the heat of a contentious thread on an on-line forum, you wouldnt last 2 minutes in my world. not 2!:) maybe the majority of people here really are from other worlds. i dunno...

see, this is the problem with living sedate, isolated, quiet lives free from outside influence. its often mistaken for a spiritual existence, but the reality is *youre just living at a lower level*. instead of correcting your weaknesses, you're indulging them in a soft environment. so, inevitably, when youre thrust into an uncomfortable situation - even a disagreement on an internet forum - you dont know how to deal with it. it represents a big issue for you. i think this, sadly, represents a large portion of our membership here. threads like this are proof of that; they happen all the time!

often what seems like cruelty at the time is compassion, and vice versa. when i was a kid and i was getting too whiny or soft, my grandfather would whack me in the head and tell me to "toughen up". and man im glad he did. if i indulged all that sentimentality id be a dead man by now...if not physically, then definitely emotionally. and look, im not some emotional robot either. i get weepy watching 'dancing with the stars'! but theres a sensitivity here that is so damaging and unproductive...so deeply ingrained and pathological that it makes me lament the future of the human race, if indeed we (alt community) represent an important part of it.

RunningDeer
1st April 2015, 16:47
see, this is the problem with living sedate, isolated, quiet lives free from outside influence. its often mistaken for a spiritual existence, but the reality is *youre just living at a lower level*. instead of correcting your weaknesses, you're indulging them in a soft environment. so, inevitably, when youre thrust into an uncomfortable situation

Hey, Mike, with respect to this one paragraph, I'd not call it weakness. It's about self-respect and love for oneself. If you can't do that then you're a magnet for crappola. It's boundaries that say, 'No, that's not acceptable'.

Living a sedate, isolated, quiet life free from outside influence does not have to be only for a spiritual existence. Isolation is the restriction of freedom to be me. By choice, I live a quiet life. I can come and go as I please. I listen to nature’s music without competing with a blasting baseball game in the next room. I have freedom to set my pace to fast, medium, slow or full stop in every moment if that’s my pleasure. I don’t have to be around cantankerous cranks not because I am spiritual but because life experience has taught me that I don’t like being around them. And I choose not to put up with it. They suck at my life energy. I don’t have to waste anytime with ego-centric, self-centered, judgmental narcissists.

I choose not to be the target of someone’s misplaced anger and rudeness. Let them find another teacher or mirror. Why should I choose to fit into a world that’s dying when I can live in an environment of tolerance, patience, acceptance of differences, non-judgement, agree to disagree, no passive aggressive games? And yes, I’d be the first to say there aren’t many there, myself included at times. It’s not too much to expect that all demonstrate honest effort, change and admit to mistakes (to and for themselves).

That's the world I'm here to create. I’m still figuring things out. But I’m 100% clear that I’d rather spend my entire life alone than to spend one hour with anyone that chooses not to be respectful, forgiving, compassionate, sharing and Love, (the big kind). I’m not talking about perfection. We’re human. I say…before entering…check the ego at the door.

RunningDeer <3

Rocky_Shorz
1st April 2015, 16:48
remember that first time you were mad storming out promising to never see your family again...

until you feel the twisting in your tummy, an ache that can't be cured, a loneliness you've never felt before, you call your family and the moment they say hi....

everything is better?

Avalon is a piece of you now, saying bye, off to do other things is good, but leave the door open for when you want to pop back in and share how things are going...

I'm not saying bye, because its too final...

but I will say see ya...

Flash
1st April 2015, 16:53
Your dad gave you too many smacks on the head Mike so that you would not even realise you had too many.

Empathy is not your strong point truly, although I can see from your point of view some justified reasoning. But I do think you are missing quite a bit for the over all analysis.

Don't whine guys, be strong, do not - I repeat - do not feel what you are feeling, be a man.

And no, sensitivity does not kill, you would not be dead by being sensitive. This is a thoroughly engrained false belief implanted by patriarchal societies. Sensitivity does not kill. Over victimisation stop the action however.

Mike
1st April 2015, 18:13
hey paula, i understand entirely what you mean. look, youre talking to the biggest loner on earth!

when i can, when i cant stand the sight of another human face, ill sometimes shut the blinds and take 2-3 days to myself. to recharge the batteries. its crucial for balance.

but, i believe strongly that its crucial for people to be exposed to the cranks and narcissists from time to time. its akin to the little kid who plays in the sandbox and by doing so develops immunity to disease etc. because if youre not exposed you won't be ready to deal with any sort of controversy when it occurs.

im not suggesting anyone go out and deliberately seek pain. and my point wasn't really to be applied to retirees who are now - deservedly - taking a break from life's bullsh!t to relax and live life on their own terms. thats exactly what ill be doing when i can. you were a teacher, so i think its safe to say youre properly immunized and no longer need this type of exposure:) agreed?

2 people come to mind. a friend and a former boss. my friend won't watch scary movies. ok, fine. and even tho hes the first to whine and complain, he'll be the first to run if someone around him does same ("i dont like that energy" he'll say, totally ignorant of his hypocrisy). a certain song or tv show or bump in the road will lead him to a bad mood. he avoids certain people and places like the plague..which can be smart sometimes but awfully constricting when damn near everyone disables you emotionally. he will only watch certain tv shows, and by that i mean like 2 or 3. the wrong show will throw him into an emotional tornado that might last for days. he once accused me of "ruining his life" by taking him to a scary movie ('23' with jim carrey...not that scary actually). it f#cked him up for a month. no joke. anyway, he thinks he's being clever by living like this and avoiding all and every bit of discomfort; i think he's living on egg shells...he's a barely contained emotional disaster. when he came to visit me here in NY from California, and his weird, precious routine was interrupted, he totally unravelled. he lives a sheltered life, and from where im standing, its very unhealthy. maybe an extreme example, but you get the point.

my boss...
a wonderful woman. but the job was wearing her out. i understood. it was wearing me out too, and i was only the assistant manager. she'd talk non stop about wanting some time off to "practice her spirituality". thing is, she was a shut in. on weekends she never went anywhere. she was scared of life. her idea of practicing her spirituality was to sit in a secluded room to meditate. here's the irony: she was practicing her spirituality all day long without even knowing it - she was wonderful with the people that came to the shop, and would often take 20-30 mins out of her busy day to uplift or assist someone with their personal lives. id marvel at her patience. she was one of the most compassionate people i ever met. but still, even after i brought all this to her attention, she'd lament the lack of spirituality in her life. she kept singing the same mantra "i need time off to practice my spirituality..." and here she was, one of the most spiritual people id ever met! she just didnt know it.

my point is: spirituality is practiced best in the real world; not in some stuffy room on a computer.

Mike
1st April 2015, 18:27
Your dad gave you too many smacks on the head Mike so that you would not even realise you had too many.

Empathy is not your strong point truly, although I can see from your point of view some justified reasoning. But I do think you are missing quite a bit for the over all analysis.

Don't whine guys, be strong, do not - I repeat - do not feel what you are feeling, be a man.

And no, sensitivity does not kill, you would not be dead by being sensitive. This is a thoroughly engrained false belief implanted by patriarchal societies. Sensitivity does not kill. Over victimisation stop the action however.

you mean my grandfather. it was my grandfather who gave me too many whacks on the head.

actually, empathy is one of my strong points i think. i wont even kill an insect. except cockroaches.

no, i have lots of empathy. maybe to a fault. what i dont have is patience for pointless, emotionally manipulative threads like these. youre going to ask why i comment then, right? i comment because they're stupid and someone needs to point out that theyre stupid, so i thats what i do. sometimes i feel a little guilty about being a little harsh, but i feel worse if i dont say anything. so thats why i comment.

im not blindly suggesting everyone "be a man" and ignore their emotions etc. im suggesting we all stop acting like huge pussies. sensitivity, just like anything else in excess, is unhealthy. and this thread is nothing if not oversensitive.

my 2 cents

Aspen
1st April 2015, 19:02
I deal with sensitive people every day and hope I am sensitive enough to help them. The lady I work for teaches us that 68% of the people in the world today are not sensitive beings. Dabrowsky studied this. He calls it the Theory of Positive Disintegration. He was a Polish scientist who spent time in Russian prison camps and noticed that it was the sensitive people who seemed to thrive in some odd way. He believed that trauma can help provide break throughs that help us grow spiritually. He thought that the third category of people (emotionally sensitive people) should be the leaders because they were able to be connected to their emotions, and have empathy for others. They would be ideal for finding solutions that work for everyone. Their biggest weakness was to take on other peoples problems as if they were their own. So in order to evolve into the fourth type of human (even rarer) one has to develop a healthy form of detachment. So you still care about everyone, love them, but with very healthy emotional boundaries in place, and realizing that other people need to take responsibility for solving their own problems. I guess sometimes that might mean leaving a forum where you feel unsafe and leave it up to the people on the forum to create safety for others so that future members are not hurt.

I think what Don Miguel's teaching about the second agreement (in his Toltec Wisdom teaching about the Four Agreements gives us - healthy detachment. One piece of advice that has really helped me to survive in a world full of people with insensitivity is the second agreement "Don't take anything personally." It has really given me so much freedom and I highly recommend it for others. If everyone followed it we would be more patient with each other and avoid placing so much energy into being victimized. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/05/four-agreements-author-don-miguel-ruiz_n_2806618.html?

For example last night we had trespassers on our property, three vehicles with young people in them insisting that a friend had told them it was okay to use an old logging road on our property. Our property is clearly marked with no trespassing signs everywhere. My husband was livid and out there telling them to leave, phoning the police, etc. He was so angry he could not sleep. I told him, they are teenagers that are self centered and out for a joy ride. They don't have any concept of how stressful this it to others. They would do this to anyone who bought this place - don't take it personally!" I went to bed and slept well. . . . . It doesn't always work but it has helped me a lot. In the chapter about this teaching Don Miguel says, "even if someone was holding a gun to your head" don't take it personally. You never know what drove the other person to do this. You don't know what version of reality they are living in.

RunningDeer
1st April 2015, 19:11
often what seems like cruelty at the time is compassion, and vice versa. when i was a kid and i was getting too whiny or soft, my grandfather would whack me in the head and tell me to "toughen up". and man im glad he did. if i indulged all that sentimentality id be a dead man by now...if not physically, then definitely emotionally. and look, im not some emotional robot either. i get weepy watching 'dancing with the stars'! but theres a sensitivity here that is so damaging and unproductive...so deeply ingrained and pathological that it makes me lament the future of the human race, if indeed we (alt community) represent an important part of it.

To put it mildly, I got whacked in the head, too. I have a sneaky suspicion that alls it did was contribute to learning disabilities and short term memory loss. I don’t mean the denial kind.

Though, the thwack in the head method was a great teacher of how not to be and how not to treat any living thing. It was a great teacher for an unwavering determination to hold on to inner spirit and the discovery of inner fortitude.

Yes, self-respect means standing up for what you believe. Which includes standing in your sovereign space. Where there’s no question left that’ll haunt like “I shoulda said this. I coulda done that.”

Any form of abuse are examples of a world that’s dead. People carry old programs of ’stiff upper lip,’ ‘get tough,’ ‘no pain, no gain,’ ‘don’t cry’ 'my way or the highway' and 'when I say jump, you ask how high"'. It’s time to bust out of those lower vibrations. Do that and one lives in spontaneous higher thought, love, health, regeneration and surrounded in nature’s music.

Thwack in the head, passive-aggressive banter and know it alls…it’s all the same on forum or in the street. If one’s off center, it’s not for me to get tough and tough it out. It’s for the person to log off or step aside and reconcile the puss of his/her own thoughts and deeds.

RunningDeer <3

RunningDeer
1st April 2015, 19:41
no, i have lots of empathy. maybe to a fault.
my 2 cents

In Mike’s defense, I personally know he’s a respectful, kind, emphatic, generous, bright guy. Which is why I am comfortable with my post to him. He’s a great, big teddy bear, who happens to have a poke-poke side to him.

<3

thepainterdoug
1st April 2015, 19:56
bright/ a farewell to you and great post. I tried to reach out to you on one of your posts. I wrote you a private e mail i believe i found on your site. I was hoping to hear from you but never did. Perhaps you never saw the e mail.
its immaterial now.
i truly wish you all the best/ doug

Mike
1st April 2015, 20:35
no, i have lots of empathy. maybe to a fault.
my 2 cents

In Mike’s defense, I personally know he’s a respectful, kind, emphatic, generous, bright guy. Which is why I am comfortable with my post to him. He’s a great, big teddy bear, who happens to have a poke-poke side to him.

<3

you forgot handsome, but i'll let it slide;) otherwise a pretty accurate description. i hope that comes thru in my posts! very un-buddhist of me to to brag about a predominantly buddhist concept, but i think im pretty darn compassionate. i really do!

im more than comfortable with your posts to me - theyre great! if youd never disagreed with me, we'd have likely never become friends. it was quite a while ago, but in an almost identical thread that you basically told me i was out of order for saying more or less the same thing im saying now:biggrin1: that was a good thing.:hug:

anyway, enough about me:focus:

A Voice from the Mountains
1st April 2015, 22:48
OP says his girlfriend saw millennia into the future for the government, and it was essentially the same as today. I just wanted to throw in that the US government had programs looking into the future around the 60s and 70s and the things they saw didn't happen.

Project Camelot covered this type of stuff and it became apparent from multiple sources that there really are parallel timelines and versions of reality, and different individuals experience different timelines based on what their consciousness is oriented towards. The military was seeing crazy disasters and wars because that's what they were obsessed with. I'm sure not everyone will believe this but that's fine, I just wanted to throw in my two cents.

Nasu
1st April 2015, 23:32
Bright, I am very sorry you feel unable to live here, with this group. I am more inclined towards Mike's opinion, no doubt dew to all my slaps on the head as a child too.. I hope life opens up for you.. I cant help but feel this is not a spiritual epiphany but rather a last word before you slam the door... My last words are I love you, be happy on your path, may it rise up to meet your feet...x... N

Poly Hedra
1st April 2015, 23:33
I was absolutely disguisted with that thread response and it made me quite angry too. And what was said was basically - your beliefs are not indicative of intelligence - way out of line.
I dont know about the rest of you but I would lose my patience too, especially when you are sharing something so personal, putting yourself out there to be shot down.
We all have egos, like it or not, it is all about ego, how can it not be???? We are alive, living here on this earth, until we die we still have an ego, maybe even after we will still have an ego.

I have never really had to put myself out there because I dont have any extraordinary experiences to share, just a normal cretin living my tiny existence. Some people can handle it, some people need self preservation and a need to not involve themselves in any conflict, some need conflict. I have never gotten in any disagreements with people here because I have learned to walk away and not involve myself in the bullsh!t.

By the way, I am far from enlightened, just a meat eating, fag/weed smoking collection of insecurities and hang ups, thats fine with me. I say what I think and Bright can say what he thinks.

At the end of the day someone was being a complete douche, that is what happened and I dont blame Bright for saying F^&k this!

See ya round Bright.

RunningDeer
2nd April 2015, 00:48
OP says his girlfriend saw millennia into the future for the government, and it was essentially the same as today. I just wanted to throw in that the US government had programs looking into the future around the 60s and 70s and the things they saw didn't happen.

Project Camelot covered this type of stuff and it became apparent from multiple sources that there really are parallel timelines and versions of reality, and different individuals experience different timelines based on what their consciousness is oriented towards. The military was seeing crazy disasters and wars because that's what they were obsessed with. I'm sure not everyone will believe this but that's fine, I just wanted to throw in my two cents.

One school of thought is that those inorganic time lines are breaking down because the false constructs cannot exist in the higher frequencies that are present. As you point out, different individuals experience different timelines based on what their consciousness is oriented towards.

IMO, there’s an uptick with people feeling anxious, fearful, and snapping at one another. It’s in part because unrecognized and unresolved emotions and hurts. Rather than bemoan, see it as an opportunity to set free all that’s been in lock down all the way into cellular levels. The pains of the past don’t need to be felt like the original experience(s). Allow all to naturally surface. If you don’t there’s a good chance a person, situation or thoughts may trigger you at inappropriate times.

Conversely, do the work. Watch for signals like thoughts and feelings that debilitate, fears, the need to control, sadness, depression, anger, rage, sleeplessness, or behaviors such as over eating, over spending, and over working. When patterns are recognized and acknowledged it no longer sits in the subconscious causing havoc. Once it’s brought out into conscious awareness, you make the choice to dissolve, defend or deny. Own it, let it go and it goes poof. Defend or deny, it’ll slink right back into darkness in wait to charge and score.

One is rewarded by doing the inner work. They naturally gravitate to what’s organic, fair, truth, and love. By staying present and centered your GPS points in synchronistic directions. You’ll be impervious to choose what does not fit the higher frequency. Frequencies that you’re actively participating in through wholesome choices in all aspects of life.

It's worth the time and effort. The rewards are exponential. In my opinion it's one of the reasons why we're here. Gut the implanted and programmed inner rot. Then move on to live and grow through enrichment of inner self, relationships, creativity, experimentation and nature. (to name a few)

RunningDeer <3

WhiteFeather
2nd April 2015, 01:12
Although i wish you would stay with us B.G. ;) And if you must leave your family, i give you this song, again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5tJvY_P9vg

araucaria
2nd April 2015, 07:40
my boss...
a wonderful woman. but the job was wearing her out. i understood. it was wearing me out too, and i was only the assistant manager. she'd talk non stop about wanting some time off to "practice her spirituality". thing is, she was a shut in. on weekends she never went anywhere. she was scared of life. her idea of practicing her spirituality was to sit in a secluded room to meditate. here's the irony: she was practicing her spirituality all day long without even knowing it - she was wonderful with the people that came to the shop, and would often take 20-30 mins out of her busy day to uplift or assist someone with their personal lives. id marvel at her patience. she was one of the most compassionate people i ever met. but still, even after i brought all this to her attention, she'd lament the lack of spirituality in her life. she kept singing the same mantra "i need time off to practice my spirituality..." and here she was, one of the most spiritual people id ever met! she just didnt know it.

my point is: spirituality is practiced best in the real world; not in some stuffy room on a computer.
Mike, you make a good point, but it too is not without irony. You see, a busy day on the computer is the real world for many people, in the sense of what they do for a living. And it will often include uplifting or assisting people with their personal lives. I think the broader point is that there is nowhere else to get away to, but that is notably because our here & now is expanding to become global and beyond global. If you are suggesting that there is no real (need for) seclusion because the same effect is obtained without it, then it surely works both ways: your computer room cannot be as stuffy as you make it out to be; it has doors and windows open to the outside world, there is no possible separation there either. In other words, practising spirituality is not a part-time hobby, it is an integral part of being human, and the lesson is that there is no getting away from that, no matter what you do. But under our dualist regime, the opposite is also true: there is no getting away from the physical either. There are two escape routes but ultimately no escapism, just balance. I’d say your boss was correct in thinking she was lacking balance: as you say, what she was doing was wearing her out, meaning it was not viable beyond the short-term.

donk
2nd April 2015, 13:20
Perhaps it says as much about the culture of the forum itself that one feels they can only express how they truly feel (especially about “popular” posters) on the way out the door** (and doesn't feel that even THEN they can say it directly)…as it does about the individuals?

**Not to mention the reaction of the farewell post?

me, personally, ive never known a more sedate, pleasant, easy-going place (on-line anyway) than avalon.Me either…but also, that’s just ONE dimension of this multidimensional place….I’ve also never known….well, I’ll leave it at: not all is always exactly as it seems…

Bill Ryan
2nd April 2015, 15:29
@ donk:

Thanks, as always, for making this be about yourself — rather than offering genuine value and understanding in response to a respected member's heartfelt crie de coeur.

:focus:

Mike
2nd April 2015, 15:32
Perhaps it says as much about the culture of the forum itself that one feels they can only express how they truly feel (especially about “popular” posters) on the way out the door** (and doesn't feel that even THEN they can say it directly)…as it does about the individuals?

**Not to mention the reaction of the farewell post?

me, personally, ive never known a more sedate, pleasant, easy-going place (on-line anyway) than avalon.Me either…but also, that’s just ONE dimension of this multidimensional place….I’ve also never known….well, I’ll leave it at: not all is always exactly as it seems…

Donk i love your spunk and energy, but honestly, this aggrieved member act is wearing thin brother. look, ive seen you go tit for tat with the mods here n there, and i get your frustration there, but sometimes you make it sound as if youre treated like a prisoner in Auschwitz or something.

i always start by cheering you on...and then you kinda lose me. youre always talking about being misunderstood, and that so n so is projecting, and more people are misunderstanding, then more projecting...and on and on its goes until it all culminates in this weird, emotional plea for avalon to improve herself..as if that had been the point all along. it just doesnt make any sense man.

and youve kinda done it again with this post here and the cryptic statement above. i mean, how bad can it be? these "other dimensions" i mean? you make it sound as if Paul is a shape-shifting reptile. seriously, its all very dramatic. what isnt as bad as it seems? im curious. i wanna understand you man but you make it difficult dude.

donk
2nd April 2015, 15:40
I would never say it was "bad" mike, I learned here (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?59509-A-few-bad-apples&p=940382&viewfull=1#post940382) not to suggest that.

How is my post making it about me any more than your first post making it about you? Or at least your view of the forum and the behavior/treatment of us members?

Btw: I agreed with your points there, and thought they were valuable to the thread

transiten
2nd April 2015, 15:58
im not blindly suggesting everyone "be a man" and ignore their emotions etc. im suggesting we all stop acting like huge pussies. sensitivity, just like anything else in excess, is unhealthy. and this thread is nothing if not oversensitive.

my 2 cents

"We all" "Hughe pussies", talking about "subconscious unintended disclosure" What's wrong with pussies? Oh yes they belong to the female gender.

Couldn't help myself a "cocky stand-up female stand-up comedian" ;):pound:

Bill Ryan
2nd April 2015, 16:02
:focus: — please.

Flash
2nd April 2015, 16:08

my 2 cents

"We all" "Hughe pussies", talking about "subconscious unintended disclosure" What's wrong with pussies? Oh yes they belong to the female gender.

I told him his father now grand father smacked him a few times too many on the head so that he would not even realise the damages that have been done nor the way of thinking that has changed. It is a usual tactic of the Cabal as well, repeat again and again the same words or actions and people become blind to their reality.

the huge pussy comment is definitely a good démonstrations of it. Why being overly sensitive would be equated with a huge pussy behavior? Are huge pussy equated with excess as well?!! :p:rolleyes:

Mike, you should have had smacks and kisses from women, your whole world vision would be different.

And following Paula's post, I believe what she said and that if I was to meet you, I would only have to put my hand on the back of your neck for you to become a teddy bear.

You know what: i had been told and I think it is somewhat true that men will show sadness by looking and acting angry - and being violent, while women will show anger by looking sad - and crying. Cultural conditioning. The huge pussies are awfully angry usually. Could it be, in a reverse fashion, what BG tried to explain and put out: his anger?

Love and kisses, and a few gentle smacks

----

ok Bill, sorry

transiten
2nd April 2015, 16:11

I think some humour helps at times and I don't think it's off topic since this misogynic use of the word points at the person who says farewell and to all of us....unless i have misunderstood the word "pussy" of course, english not being my native language.

Ernie Nemeth
2nd April 2015, 17:21
Nice farewell speech, Bright. Seems you hit a nerve. Good for you.

This place can be addictive and frustrating. Best not expect too much.

There is too much 'way out there' stories and semi-facts here to accept them all by everyone.

Paradigm-shattering input can only be taken in small doses without going off the deep end.

And everyone is different, with their own personal experiences that make it easier or harder to accept certain facts because of that experience.

It is hard sometimes to be human in this changing world. Harder still to be humane with all the nastiness we are exposed to that desensitize us to others' plight.

It is sad to see how the ego-centric must always make it about themselves, loosing sight of their fellow aspirant's pain.

Best of luck to you , Bright Garlic, in all future endeavors.

transiten
2nd April 2015, 19:03

I think some humour helps at times and I don't think it's off topic since this misogynic use of the word points at the person who says farewell and to all of us....unless i have misunderstood the word "pussy" of course, english not being my native language.

Waiting for a man to thank my post, I'm sure Bright Garlic would; always felt he's a gentle soul.

Mike
2nd April 2015, 19:08

my 2 cents

for the record, i use that word strictly as slang. in other words, im not envisioning female genitalia or accusing other members of being female genitalia :) its what it connotes. thats all. it was a poor word choice. what can i say? i was frustrated. but you had me laughing here Transiten:lol:. you too Flash!

Donk, i'll respond to you soon via pm brother.

Agape
2nd April 2015, 19:17
Mirror , mirror ? ;) In need of mirrors here anybody .

:alien: :hug:

Agape
2nd April 2015, 19:49
Someone's up there playing with forum software ....

;)

transiten
2nd April 2015, 20:01

my 2 cents

for the record, i use that word strictly as slang. in other words, im not envisioning female genitalia or accusing other members of being female genitalia :) its what it connotes. thats all. it was a poor word choice. what can i say? i was frustrated. but you had me laughing here Transiten:lol:. you too Flash!

Donk, i'll respond to you soon via pm brother.

:lol: I knew you would "take it cool" as we say in Sweden! At the same time I think it's important what words we use. Language is very potent even if we don't consciously mean to be scornful. The problem is not the female genitalia per se but the negative connection to the female gender.

Anyway I appreciate your honesty!

onawah
2nd April 2015, 21:34
By what standard do we measure our characteristics and those of others, and who exactly determines what those standards are?
Is "normal" the determining factor ?
And who decides what is "normal"? Statisticians?
The only real way that anyone can determine whether someone else is "how they should be" is by knowing all their karma, past and future, and knowing their individual mission throughout those incarnations and whether they are fulfilling it or failing, but no other human being can be that omniscient.
Factor into that cultural differences, age differences, and who knows how many other factors which are relevant...
All we can do is mirror how we respond back to each other, and try to do it as lovingly and non-judgmentally as we can.
All that goes without saying, but sometimes perhaps it needs to be said anyway. :grouphug:
And humor is never inappropriate, imho! :cantina::jester:
Wishing you a safe journey, Bright, whatever path you choose.

HaveBlue
4th April 2015, 07:26
Ooohh. I think there's a song in that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7OZTOOueJE

Face in the Sand Lyrics

Everybody's waiting for something to happen
Everybody's waiting for something to see
Lunatics waiting for bigger disasters
Everyone's waiting for news on TV

Winding lives at the end of the spiral
Waiting dictators with their next big thrill
Everyone's looking, but no one is listening
Everybody wants to be in at the kill

I wait for the signs, they tell me true
I see the signs of the end of time

Everyone's searching, but nothing's revealing
Everyone's looking for the reason why
Everyone's hoping for life everafter
Everyone's looking at death from the sky

Everyone's nightmares are going to happen
Everybody's ripping the mask from their eyes
Everyone's praying but no one's believing
Everyone's heroes tell everyone's lies

I wait for the signs, they tell me true
I see the signs of the end

[Chorus]
So I watch and I wait
And I pray for an answer
An end to the strife and the world's misery
But the end never came
And we're digging the graves
And we're loading the guns for the kill

Can the end be at hand?
Is the face in the sand
Future memory of our tragedy?
Can the end be at hand?
Is the face in the sand

[Chorus]

Can the end be at hand?
Is the face in the sand
Can the end be at hand?
Is the face in the sand

Natalia
4th April 2015, 16:02
https://s3.amazonaws.com/thumbnails.illustrationsource.com/huge.96.480356.JPG

Innocent Warrior
4th April 2015, 17:58
I wish you all the best with your health. Recall the light, feel the energy and look at humanity from the light's perspective. Can you see? We are beautiful, all of us. Let go of the anger, it will serve nobody past the point of you being aware of it.

I'm sorry if I ever added to your anger. Sometimes we write what we see as true and fair, but above all that, what matters most, is how we affect those we interact with. Do we empower or disempower? This is important and I agree with your point about not commenting if you don't have anything positive to add, unless debate is invited, like on Omni's threads lol. I will remember that point, thank you.

I wish you all the best in life.

P.S. Don't forget to let go of the anger.

thorfourwinds
4th April 2015, 21:09
Most Excellent!
and thankyou...

AwakeInADream
17th June 2015, 03:29
Wow, I've been away for over a year and I come back and find my friend Bright is leaving. Damn! :( Hey Bright.. You I always remembered and respected. Leave if you will, but don't as you please, it's up to you. Remember this though... The world is asleep, and we here are close to awakening, we rub and rub at our eyes sleep crumbling down our faces... What happens if we wake up and you're not there? ..... Waking up is a good thing in and of itself naturally.... but when no one is around... you understand I'm sure...