PDA

View Full Version : Are you afraid to die?

illuminate
16th November 2010, 16:59
Hello friends!

I'd like to discuss the topic of death... not to be morbid or depressing
but to bring awareness to the fact that it is nothing to fear.

Would you do anything differently if you weren't afraid to die?

The primary fear of death is, of course
not knowing what we will be or where we will go in the afterlife.
I used to be very afraid to die... I was to taught to be.
Due to the presence of religion in my younger years,
(which religion will remain nameless as to not offend anyone)
I was taught to fear many things...
This religion taught me to worship a God that was separate from myself
and to be afraid of His wrath.
I was also taught guilt, shame, judgment and persecution
and to fear death if I wasn't living like a saint.
So I did. And I spent a good portion of my life in fear...
feeling guilty, shameful and afraid to die.

Fear is binding... and can be absolutely crippling.
The good news is that it isn't real!
The mind is the root source of fear and suffering.
It projects its own level of reality out on the world and its perception of things.
When things are not the way we want them to be (or think they should be)
the mind has difficulty accepting it and we suffer.
We then often get angry, anxious, confused, or fall into fear.
To enjoy freedom from suffering, we have to grow beyond our attachments,
our ego, and our desires.

Having awareness of our approaching death plays an important role
in helping us transcend our fear.
After many years of washing my brain and deprogramming,
I know death is nothing to fear. That it is not an ending at all,
but simply a transition to a new beginning.

I also realized that if I spent my life dreading death,
I may not ever really live! :)

This is VERY important: WE NEVER DIE... only our bodies do...
The physical body is nothing but a vehicle or tool that consciousness (spirit)
uses to temporarily experience this physical world.
The key word there is "temporarily".

YOU ARE NOT THE BODY!

We are IN the body, but we are NOT the body.
Consciousness doesn't have a sex; it's not male or female.
It doesn't even have a shape.
It's non-physical, it's formless, it's timeless, it's eternal, it's infinite.

Your consciousness (or spirit or soul or YOU) is eternal.
In other words, it is never born, and it never dies.
It is a timeless foreverness (super long)
It cannot be harmed or threatened in any way whatsoever,
so... why be afraid of death?

We are travelers... why not enjoy the ride?

Some say that to fear death reveals one's misunderstanding of life.
It is a fear of knowing one's real self, which is beyond the bodily identification.
It is that with which some people hesitate to acquaint themselves.
If someone has known nothing but one's bodily identity,
losing the body can put one into fear.

Yet, how can one ever think he was the body when it is plain to see that he
came into this temporary world through birth and must leave it through death?

All of our possessions, relationships, even our talents and skills are all temporary.
So how can our body be anything more?
Unfortunately, if one is overly attached to his or her body, position,
belongings and relations, death can seem like a severe punishment.
But it can also be seen as a blessing when we realize that
we are all spiritual and immortal travelers
and only the body perishes, we live on.

I know this is a difficult subject to address, but this is why I want to talk about it...
so we can share thoughts and ideas and ask questions.

I am not an expert here, but I know many of you out there are,
so please feel free to share your valuable insight with us!

Maybe like me, you were also taught to fear death
and maybe like me, you just needed to be reminded that fear isn't even real,
that it's a choice, not a reality...
Fake Evidence Appearing Real
and
maybe you too just need to be reminded that YOU ARE A CREATOR
and that your power of choice IS your power to create :)

Peace of mind creates peace in the world... and it all starts with YOU.

Even though it is my belief that no religion is all true...
I do believe every religion does contains some truth.
If you're interested, I think much can be learned from how death is regarded in Tibet:

'The Tibetan Book of the Dead, A Way of Life' (part one of two)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3219838328703873592&hl=en# http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3219838328703873592&

Death is not an enemy, it is a natural fact of life, a stage of our existence...
nothing to fear.

So, what are your thoughts on the one thing
we ALL have to look forward to?

With Love!
:love:

Bill Ryan
16th November 2010, 17:20
--------
No.

sjkted
16th November 2010, 17:20
I'm not afraid to die. I'm much more concerned with suffering while I'm still here.

--sjkted

John Parslow
16th November 2010, 17:22
-----------NO!-----------

Shane_Original
16th November 2010, 17:22
"To die would be an awfully great adventure!" - Peter Pan

however..

"To live would be an awfully great adventure." - Peter Pan

I love my time here, and know how precious it is. I know I will die. So what to do "in between" becomes clear... LOVE.. Live.. Enjoy the ride. :)

Shaynard

Luke
16th November 2010, 17:36
There are no "deaths" .. only respawns :) .. experience itself might be bit uncomfortable though :)

Dale
16th November 2010, 17:43
Am I afraid to die?

No.

An important quote, in many ways:

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."

-C.S. Lewis

truth will win out
16th November 2010, 17:44
I am not afraid of death, the adventures continue on afterward I know. I do have those earthly ties(Family and Kids) that diffently want to make me put it off as long as possible.. Even though I believe we will continue this journey together in the hereafter ,our time on this earth is so special.

damian
16th November 2010, 17:47
I have come close two times. The first time when I was 25 and was shot in the back while being robbed. I should have died but of course I'm still here. The second time happened a little over a year ago. I was stuck sideways on the front of a tractor trailer on the express way for 11 exits at speeds in excess of 70MPH. For about 12 minutes I knew I could not escape and I was going to die. Both events became life changing. They were the best day and worst day of my life. The worst for obvious reasons and the best because you get to fly close to the flame and come back with a renewed appreciation for the time we are allowed to spend in these bodies on this wonderful planet. Am I afraid to die? Absolutely not.

Dragonfly
16th November 2010, 17:49
No - I only could be afraid of coming on planet Earth again;)

elysian
16th November 2010, 17:56
No! because there is no such thing. But I do wish to hold on for awhile before I move on! Soo much to see, achive and discover first!

BrianEn
16th November 2010, 17:58
I'm not afraid either.

Kulapops
16th November 2010, 18:27
I like that quote from Enter the Dragon

"Death? I won't even notice... because I'll be too busy lookin' gooooood ! "

I'm not afraid of dying as such, but the reality for me is that I am pretty scared to die without figuring out what it is exactly I'm on this Earth to do. I'm feeling a bit stoopid about this one lately. I'm pretty sure it's not about career, money, nor fame (sheesh, I tried !) ... love and understanding are obviously big factors, but so far they are abstracts rather than absolutes.

But the concept that we have to go sometime does not rankle. It's not like I made the rules up is it? So why be blue ? People have been dying for centuries before I got here, so it can't be all bad , can it ??

I mean, if there was a fault in the equipment, surely someone would have had it fixed by now....

So yep.. I'll take eternal life thank you Illuminate.. and I'll also take seriously my role in this life. For a while, uncovering 'the truth' seemed like a good path, but even that has not proven to be the thing I'm here for.

So what is it ? Crumbs.. that's a hard one. Answers on a postcard please.

Fredkc
16th November 2010, 18:30
hm....
I have fleeting glimpse of one trip here before.
Several good looks at another, including running into someone I knew in another life ("run into"... thats a laugh, we were married for 5 years!). We clearly recall each other (Hi Lora!!).

Funny, I don't see my death in this lifetime. I've seen pictures of leaving this rock behind. No, hitching a ride with ET, ED in a beamship isn't it. I'm too ill-mannered to get in cars with strangers. Besides, I am a lousy passenger ;)

I'll leave "free". Knowing that I won't lose those I love, but that they are well on their path, and that we can remain connected, though apart.

Such is the path I feel I'm called to, and I can feel important parts of that quickening (though I admit impatience). I guess it's part of the notion that "I am here until God's through with me".

Afraid of dieing? "You bet yer a$$!
but that has to do with the idea that I somehow didn't "step up" to the call. That I'd "slipped timelines", and somehow marked myself for recycling. I am sure this is a great adventure, wondrous and eternal.

Perhaps it's itchy feet, but I am anxious, and willing to be about it.

Metaphor
16th November 2010, 19:08
Yes and No. I´m not afraid of death,
but i´m afraid of not dying without having bettered myself enough to choose wheter or not i´ll incarnate again and such decisions.
I´m afraid of dying with unsolved karma/ unfinished work I guess...

Carmody
16th November 2010, 19:11
I have come close two times. The first time when I was 25 and was shot in the back while being robbed. I should have died but of course I'm still here. The second time happened a little over a year ago. I was stuck sideways on the front of a tractor trailer on the express way for 11 exits at speeds in excess of 70MPH. For about 12 minutes I knew I could not escape and I was going to die. Both events became life changing. They were the best day and worst day of my life. The worst for obvious reasons and the best because you get to fly close to the flame and come back with a renewed appreciation for the time we are allowed to spend in these bodies on this wonderful planet. Am I afraid to die? Absolutely not.

Wow. I think that video made it onto yootoob? That wuz you!?

Zook
16th November 2010, 19:24
Hi Illuminate,

Hello friends!
[...]
With Love!

Of dying? No, I don't think so.

But I am afraid of leaving behind unopened bags of love.

:typing:

Peace of Mind
16th November 2010, 19:46
I ask this question to people all the time. Most act brave and say “NO”, but their actions and body language clearly say “YES”.

The second you were born you started dying. I think people are more afraid of where they’ll end up after death. IMO, people are afraid of the unknown. If they knew (in their hearts) what awaits them…death would seem more inviting. TPTB knows this and uses the idea of death to shape the minds of the masses. As of now, death is inevitable; people can deal with life more efficiently if they accepted it, live in love, and work on the legacy they will leave behind. Death creates stag-nations all over this globe; you can control just about anyone if you keep them in fear.

At times, I get excited when thinking about death. I mean, who would want to live forever…in a world filled with procrastinators and cowards? Who would want to witness suffering day in and day out for eternity. Who would want to stay in a world where the people are controlled by a handful of evil doers? When people can separate their mind from matter they will lose the fear. They will know their bodies are just vehicles to use in this realm. They would feel their soul (in its entirety) is linked to elsewhere, they would know that their brains are just receivers/antennas/ and the motherboard to the biological machine we call a body. Fear is a cancer, it’s the primordial killer that is rarely acknowledge or blamed. It’s the reason why we never can get anything of value done…

Death is a privilege for those who cared, for those who lived a life of their own, for those who cherished life of all kinds…and have truly lived without fear…it’s beautiful, its peaceful. Everyone will get to experience it, so why think it’s a bad thing? A more telling question is…..who will be ready?

Peace

damian
16th November 2010, 19:53
No ,I saw that video, it happened several months after my incident and I think it was England. That person was on the truck for a short period of time. Mine lasted a lot longer and the truck changed lanes 5 times. I walked away without a scratch but my car was totaled. As when I was shot I feel as though I still have something to accomplish and lives to effect in a positive manner.

illuminate
16th November 2010, 19:59
Excellent contributions everyone, Thank YOU! :love:

This bears repeating...

you can control just about anyone if you keep them in fear.

Luke
16th November 2010, 20:38
Second time I'm prompted for this in last few days:

Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain.
What was that about walking without the rhythm so to not attract the worm?
It's bit like that.. on the surface it looks peaceful, but there is swift death beneath.
Easy to be petrified, given all the stories you heard.. but this is not going to take you anywhere.

Accept that the beast is there, and that you may slip.. but so what? better luck next cycle, you're in no hurry. Time is illusion after all, past and future are the vast. Whatever you do, something will grow out of it.

But sure you will do honour all your past efforts if you make SOME difference :)

Decibellistics
16th November 2010, 20:40
Nay.

We are here for lessons to be learned. I always have been under the impression that if you remove yourself from karma you reach enlightenment. The retribution of doing good I feel only continues the spectrum of karma. Therefore removing yourself from the concept entirely and observing the dualistic nature of all systems set up on earth, then you see it for what it truly is, which is Nirvana. You detach yourself from the bull****. You then never again have to choose a side, and then can attempt to inform people that they are perpetuating systems that will ultimately lead to a non-ending fight between dualistic institutions. The scary thing now is that even the systems themselves as a whole battling their counter-parts have split into dualistic systems and are fighting themselves.........It's a giant pile of steamy **** in other words. You become disinterested, you feel for the people trapped in the grips of a giant tick like parasite that feeds off of this ongoing energetic dissonance. I digress.

Here's a neat lil link I googled on the definition of Nirvana

http://www.selfknowledge.com/109719.htm

Inner calm, the wicked won't become, transcend.
The answers truly are staring us all in the face.
Death will be the most intense energetic experience of one's life time.
Learn as much as you can and travel your paths.

How do you find a way to tell people that we are all in this together without being shot? A calm collaborative communication about a sensitive issue gets much more done that a screaming match and things to a higher degree as well.........even better how do you get them to feel it?

Ross
16th November 2010, 20:55
Im only afraid for my kids...as they are only partially awake to other realities, would majorly effect them...

as for me, a big fat NO...

Beth
16th November 2010, 21:29
When I first read this thread today I thought to myself that I'd be okay with dying today. Then just at that moment a piece on the news came on about dolphins and I said to myself I wanna go swim with those. Guess I got some work to do.

SPIRIT WOLF
16th November 2010, 21:33
All I can give here is a one word, simple answer to the thread name.....................NO

shiva777
16th November 2010, 21:46
you can only REALLY know if you are afraid of death when you are certain that you are at the MOMENT of death... by the way you FEEL then...just as you can only REALLY know that you are not afraid of negative reptilians when you ACTUALLY are confronted by one...it's easy to say or even believe something but when you actually EXPERIENCE it ,you will know what you REALLY feel about it...

frank samuel
16th November 2010, 21:50
I have lived on borrow time since before my birth, and have encounter death on many occasions. Sometimes to be honest I feel more like a ghost than a human of flesh and bones. Don't get me wrong I have a fighting spirit who wants to see a world of peace, joy and harmony where each person has the right to support himself and his family where war, decease, starvation and senseless deaths become a memory of the past instead of the present reality that millions live each and every day, some their entire lives.

Death for many humans becomes a relief from a world of suffering, thinking about the plight of people who live under such horrendous conditions makes me want to live a little longer if only to somehow help to change this type of experience into one with a more pleasant outcome.

To the question if I am afraid to die, NO, not for myself but for those that will stay behind, for me just means another chapter just ended and another one will begin.

SPIRIT WOLF
16th November 2010, 21:54
I have been very close to it on numerous occasions and have passed on several times but brought back, death holds no mystery or horror for me. In fact it might be welcome release from all the pain I endure 24/7

Arpheus
16th November 2010, 22:11
Whats death?If you meant to lose my current flesh and bones clothes?Hell no i can't wait to see what really happens with my own real eyes to tell you the truth,perhaps that's when the real journey begins who knows?I am eternal there is no reason to be afraid of the laws of nature nothing that's organic matter lasts forever,the spirit however that's a whole new story.
Big hugs going your way illuminate with a nice blue color all over it hehe

DawgBone
16th November 2010, 22:23
People who fear death should develop their ability to have lucid dreams and/or astrally project. Anyone can do this. It just takes some discipline and work.

A really vivid lucid dream can change your life and the way you perceive physical reality.

Rhiannon
16th November 2010, 22:32
"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."

-C.S. Lewis

that's it. that's the only thing you need to understand ... after that everything else becomes obvious.

norman
16th November 2010, 22:36
.......Hell no i can't wait to see what really happens with my own real eyes to tell you the truth, perhaps that's when the real journey begins who knows?........

I wonder why we can't remember the last time we were there?

illuminate
16th November 2010, 22:39
amnesia :love:

Steven
16th November 2010, 22:58
I am not afraid of death itself, but I don't want to die. The reason I want to live are very different today compared to what it was some years ago. It changes. But in the overall, we always find better reasons to Live. Today, I live for my kids and wife, but also in a more subtle force, I want to live for the humanity of the future. I want to live very old, as my ancestors did. And die happy and proud about the life I chose to live.

Namaste, Steven

Ahkenaten
16th November 2010, 23:05
Very good that such a high percentage of Avaloners are not afraid to die. People who are not afraid to die are less likely to be subject to manipulation and far more likely to find their own way in this life

witchy1
16th November 2010, 23:17
No, Im not afraid to die - it is inevitable.

Am I READY to die? - no, I have much much more work to do.

cloud9
17th November 2010, 00:03
No, I'm not. Regarding the subject I highly recommend the book Home with God by Neale Donald Walsch for those who already read Conversations with God, it's truly amazing! Coming back multiple times to the same life was one of the things that most surprised me.

Teakai
17th November 2010, 00:05
I wonder why we can't remember the last time we were there?

From what I've read and what's rung true with me - I'd say it's because you'd simply not want to be here.

There have been many cases of recorded near death experiences where the experiencer has felt great depression at returning to their bodies.

Teakai
17th November 2010, 00:09
I'm not afraid to die - given the choice I'd like it to be at a ripe old age in my sleep having seen my family grow and thrive.

This sits well with me:

To the well-organised mind, death is but the next great adventure. - Albus Dumbledore.

Taurean
17th November 2010, 00:15
We're just like computers really -

Every now and again we have to fdisk, reload and reboot.

and hopefully upgrade in the process.

Anchor
17th November 2010, 03:17
Not in the least.

I got a bit upset when I got told (wrongly) earlier last year that I might die of lung cancer. This was by a doctor that misread a differential diagnosis, and for four days I thought I was going to exit early. I remember I was not afraid, just found it inconvenient and unexpected. Luckily a more competent doctor told me I was never in any danger. An interesting lesson and forced exploration of the scenario. I figure I passed that one ;)

We will all die at some point, worrying about where, why, how and when is a waste of the life you are (should be) enjoying at the moment - just face the challenges as they come - they will come.

I rest assured that even though I can't always see it, everything has a purpose and everything is perfect. Find the love in this moment.

John..

Anchor
17th November 2010, 03:20
figuring out what it is exactly I'm on this Earth to do.

You are doing it.

Hope that helps :)

Richard
17th November 2010, 03:35
No.
It's living that's freaking me out :P

Celine
17th November 2010, 03:39
i was blessed to be at my mothers side as she died..

How could something so beautiful, so intimate and so deep ....make me afraid?

her death did not hurt me...living without her does.

Nenuphar
17th November 2010, 03:48
I am not afraid of being "dead" - my understanding of the afterlife is that it is filled with love, peace, learning, limitless possibilities, and ability to grasp "The Big Picture". I am seriously looking forward to that! *L*

I am apprehensive about the dying process. Of suffering physically, of dying alone (which seems like the most likely outcome - and I don't mean that in a "oh, poor me!" way, I mean the fact is I have an very small family and few friends, so when my time rolls around, I suspect I will be on my own. That seems kind of daunting to me).

The idea of coming back for another round of life on earth doesn't exactly thrill me to bits, either. I think I dread the idea of that even more than the idea of a difficult death.

And on that happy note...! :p

felixq78
17th November 2010, 03:58
I'm the same but I don't see it as death. George Harrison knew and described it as just like changing suits and he lived his convictions right till the end. George went out fully aware of who he was and where he was going. See:http://www.beliefnet.com/Health/Health-Support/Grief-and-Loss/2002/12/George-Harrison-The-Art-Of-Dying.aspx
I want to die the same way, fully aware of my true self and watching this worn out old body fall away as I go back home.
I say I don't want to come back to this messed up earth NOW!
But once back into that state of spiritual awareness, pure consciousness,.whatever it is,.and seeing the work that needs doing I'll probably reluctantly get sent back.
A holiday would be nice though, a few thousand years to re-charge my batteries, some time to cruise the universe catch up with old friends.

17th November 2010, 04:31
Felix... beautifully said. As George said.. "beware of darkness"

jcocks
17th November 2010, 05:05
Nope, I'm not afraid to die. But I've realised that I want to see my children grow up before I die. I'll be ready for it when it comes, regardless....

As for coming back to *this* earth... I'm not fussed, mainly because it won't be *this* earth at *this* time that we'll come back to. This earth is only a flash in creation...And most of us are here because we've learnt many of the lessons this *this* earth at *this* time period has provided. We're here to raise the awareness of others on the Earth so that we may move onto the next phase of life together with this wonderous orb we live on. If we come back to the Earth, it will be a greatly changed earth that we come back to. Remember that time does not really exist. We could even reincanate on Earth during the original Atlantean period - or even before! (Imagine how amazing *THAT* would be - to live in a civilisation even more advanced than we are now, but which existed BEFORE us, or even BEFORE Atlantis!)..

Lost Soul
17th November 2010, 05:12
No slow painful death please. Dying is natural, but pain hurts.

Ross
17th November 2010, 05:13
My mother nursed for 45 yrs...she saw countless older people die slowly, in pain, bodies all tied up in knots, very unpleasant to witness...however in 95% of cases she knew when they were going to depart, often within 24-48hrs they would become relaxed, their eyes would become brighter, their skin would become less wrinkled, their smile had returned.

It seemed as tho they had accepted or perhaps realised that something had shifted in their perception and made them at peace, sure as eggs, within that timeframe they would pass...peacefully.

Regards

Ross

HURRITT ENYETO
17th November 2010, 05:20
Hell no i wont go.... :)

truthseekerdan
17th November 2010, 05:53
Thank you Illuminate for this fascinating thread! The only ones afraid of 'death' are those that don't remember or are not sure who they really are -- spiritual immortal light beings.
As you say: "The physical body is nothing but a vehicle or tool that consciousness (spirit) uses to temporarily experience this physical world." -- I would only add that our individual consciousness also chooses (free will) to experience this physical experience and the temporary amnesia (not remembering) that comes with it. As an example think about that outside the physical you can not experience eating chocolate or any other food(s) that one might enjoy. :cool:

So the physical experience is like a gift that the Source (God) allows 'us to live', while also experiencing itself through All. Maybe it's hard to comprehend with the human mind, but not impossible if you are 'spiritually open minded'. :)
We are all one consciousness experiencing itself in many, at least in this 'illusionary reality' as well as many others on different planets, etc. In truth we are all living as one through God, the divine Source Creator.
I can go on and on however, I will conclude here my post and recommend as a further insight reading, this thread below for those that are still interested and/or 'fearful of death':

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?7627-Nanci-Danison-NDE-(very-detailed)

Blessings to All, ~ :love: ~ Dan

zenith
17th November 2010, 11:36
A: No.

Always liked this quote from Seth,
You are as alive or dead right now as you are ever going to be.

Peace

grannyfranny100
17th November 2010, 13:37
I dread the physical pain - got too much of that already.

Granny Franny

ExHaLaTiON
17th November 2010, 15:00
I have no excitement for death as we have no clue what this is all about, yeah we can sing all the tunes and say everything will be/is beautiful but one must know that the system is twisted. Everything you perceive to be right and just is actually more wrong then you can imagine. How do you know this isnt death already? How do we know what hell really feels and looks like? Im not saying this is hell but it sure isnt heaven.

conk
17th November 2010, 16:14
Are we really IN the body?

I'm only afraid of the pain my children will go through from losing their father. Other than that, no, not at all.

FrankoL
17th November 2010, 17:19
I am not afraid of death. To be honest only idea about suffer/torture and extreme pain terrifies me to death. I haven’t figured it out; why... But best way to work it out is to keep thoughts out of the mind.

Funny thing is that I am constantly challenged by coincidences. For instance, every time I take the plane I overwhelmed by dreadful anxiety … you cannot imagine. I am always on the move (for work). Most of my flights are not usual. Every time something happens. Engine failure, fog, storms, change of route… Also taking boat/ferry doesn’t help much. 

Once I’ve visited torture museum. Actually it was nothing to see but my girlfriend insisted to enter. In a while I felt terrible dizziness, extreme headache and fever. I have to leave immediately. In the moment I was out of it my disadvantage vanished. Same happened when watching “hostel” movie.

I have no fear of death but somehow awareness of what might happen to the body associated to pain make me really anxious.

I think this might be connected to my past life experience or dreams. As I mentioned before, I usually dream of other people accidents (death experiences).

Ahkenaten
17th November 2010, 17:27
A good meditation for flight anxiety is to visualize a little silver thread coming out of your solar plexus extending out in front of you as you sit in your plane seat, attached to your destination point. If you carefully visualize this and concentrate on it, the silver thread becomes a "tractor beam" safely pulling you through the air to your destination. It is a great cure for flight anxiety.

DawgBone
17th November 2010, 19:54
I am apprehensive about the dying process. Of suffering physically, of dying alone (which seems like the most likely outcome - and I don't mean that in a "oh, poor me!" way, I mean the fact is I have an very small family and few friends, so when my time rolls around, I suspect I will be on my own. That seems kind of daunting to me).

Take your laptop to bed! Your friends at Avalon will be with you.

An electronic passing and wake ...

:--)

MzVaFf
17th November 2010, 20:03
I'm not afraid to die, but when I think about it my Human mind is afraid to die ,because I think of the ones that are near and dear to me and all of the little things I have now that make me ME.
To die in general I not afraid because what ever happens or is going to happen I don't have any power over it.
But I can wait a little while longer before I go on that journey I just hope the next life is nothing like this one I am living :)

Banshee
17th November 2010, 20:08
If you were to take a group of test subjects from infancy who had never been presented with death, references to or the concept of and shielded them from the accidental death.... would they grow old, become diseased or die?

Agape
17th November 2010, 20:16
Life never dies , it turns Its form to another Life ..

to another Hive

another screen..

another dream ..an other mind..

different ship and again,

n'thing in the store room

:alien:

:grouphug:

Carmody
17th November 2010, 20:26
i was blessed to be at my mothers side as she died..

How could something so beautiful, so intimate and so deep ....make me afraid?

her death did not hurt me...living without her does.

I'm just a bit jealous (not really, but just a fleeting feeling) when they go, as I recall and remember the other side -all too well. Ultimately, in my experience....each side of the curtain becomes boring. So you incarnate for a while...then maybe not be incarnated for a while.

Agape
17th November 2010, 20:31
This and the other side, this and another form of consciousness,

the Being that is consciousness,

walks naked or takes form of another entity , for a snap of time,

and in that snap of time, long painful dramas unravel , stories of hope and strive ..

for some of those old souls got trapped here and have to be retrieved..

DawgBone
17th November 2010, 21:56
Hell no i wont go.... :)

Ha!

:--)

morguana
17th November 2010, 22:23
Live is Life - Opus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGikhmjTSZI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGikhmjTSZI

no but this life is funnnnnnn
love
m

¤=[Post Update]=¤

come on guys clap those hands and frecking live it

Teakai
17th November 2010, 22:35
If you were to take a group of test subjects from infancy who had never been presented with death, references to or the concept of and shielded them from the accidental death.... would they grow old, become diseased or die?

I'd say yes.

Because, the way I see it, the purpose of this life isn't about living forever.
I can't imagine why anyone would want to - eternal earthly life sounds akin to hell to me - but that could be coming from my own limited level of consciousness.

I read somewhere once that the purpose of life is to die before you die and to realise there is no death.

morguana
17th November 2010, 22:46
loved your reply teakai
m

Anchor
18th November 2010, 02:44
I am no more afraid of death, than I am concerned about the fact that when I sleep, I will re-awaken. Same deal.

Mandala
20th November 2010, 04:27
No. But I don't fancy some of the ways people go in horrendous situations. I don't like to see folks suffer. I know we don't die, we just keep on in the circle of life.

Robstar
20th November 2010, 08:02
I think everyone is afraid to die.
Sure, most say they are not afraid when asked in the comfort of their un-threatening existence. Maybe because they confuse it with coming to terms with dying and that is different. I can tell you from experience. I have seen some of the bravest men in combat turn into some of the most afraid men when coming face to face with their mortality (including myself). I think it is just built in to us as a protection.
Even animals know to run from death and not towards it.
Our instinct is to survive.
You may say you are not afraid but until you are close or have been you will not know for sure.
No one knows whats on the other side. You may think you know.:eek:

lightblue
20th November 2010, 10:51

Even animals know to run from death and not towards it.
Our instinct is to survive.

life loves itself l :yu:

Zook
20th November 2010, 11:47
Good morning Robstar, the Earth says hello!

I think everyone is afraid to die.
Sure, most say they are not afraid when asked in the comfort of their un-threatening existence. Maybe because they confuse it with coming to terms with dying and that is different. I can tell you from experience. I have seen some of the bravest men in combat turn into some of the most afraid men when coming face to face with their mortality (including myself). I think it is just built in to us as a protection.

Bingo! Built-in protection. Fight or flight response. Instinct. Our instincts are for self-preservation.

Even animals know to run from death and not towards it. Our instinct is to survive. You may say you are not afraid but until you are close or have been you will not know for sure. No one knows whats on the other side. You may think you know.:eek:

I believe the question inquired was posed to our rational mind, e.g. a mind separated from the immediacy of the moment. We may cease being rational when the moment is upon us, i.e. when our instincts take over. The question, alas, was asked outside of immediacy; the only answers that can be delivered, therefore, must reside outside of immediacy.

To wit, we really won't know until we are tested, as you correctly assert.

But as far as we do know, e.g. in respect of our rational mind making commitments outside the immediacy of the moment ... we either fear death or we don't fear death. Judging from the poll results, the majority of Avalonians do not suffer from a ratiocinated fear of death. And that is neither bravado (which is momentary and instinctive) nor pretense. It's merely telling it like it is, in the certainty of a moment removed from the immediacy of threat. IMHO.

ps: In short, our answers allude to the way we think about our personal death and not necessarily how we may act when the moment compels us to act .

ps2: To be a fear-burdened creature or not to be, that is the question.

DawgBone
20th November 2010, 13:12
In short, our answers allude to the way we think about our personal death and not necessarily how we may act when the moment compels us to act .

Exactly! The instinctual, animal part of ourselves has evolved to avoid death. If it had not evolve that way, we would not be here.

Our spirits, however, remember a better place and a better time.

rhythm
20th November 2010, 13:18
Hey only thing i want to add to this usefull thread is
put this way all fear dissapears ...except for the ego of course ..
i can not die ...... yes the body will tho ...i am not the body ..:happy:
http://www.orindaben.com/images/other/lb115a_thumbnail.jpg

Butangeld
20th November 2010, 13:40
I fear the actual experience of death, but have not fear for what comes after, more an anxiety for the post death experience. There is no question for me whether we survive death or not, we don't get off that lightly! Discovering the work of great scientists live Sir William Crookes, Sir Oliver Lodge and lately Ronald Pearson with a flawless mathematical proof of this fact, I have had to adjust to different prospect post-death. Who wants to live forever? Perhaps if you lived forever you'd look for ways to hide that from yourself, to experience an end and so a beginning.

irishspirit
20th November 2010, 14:45
this is a fun way of saying it -kinda prudent to this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRMn8u4hCCs

Teakai
21st November 2010, 00:21
The body and the soul are seperate and yet joined in this life.
The body has a built in survival mechanism, yet this mechanism can be overridden should we make the choice to do so - that is why people can will themselves to die or are able to commit suicide.

Left to it's own devices the physical body will make all attempts to survive - or we can decide to make it jump from the top of an 80 storey skyscraper.

Having nursed, I have seen many people pass on peacefully. And I have heard a lot of people, usually in an elderly stage of life, say that they're happy to move on - they're tired and done with it all.

It is my opinion that we have done physical death before - over and over again and will keep doing it until the time we no longer do. That's why I don't think everybody fears death. I think that there are those people who are connected with the truth and have within them a quiet knowledge of what physical death really is - and as such are not afraid.

This was mainly inspired by Robstars post. My husband thinks that eveybody is afraid of death, too - which of course just tells me that he is.
:)

Sentience
21st November 2010, 02:13
I have left my body after an overdose, Leaving the body felt like being sucked out of a vacuum cleaner. I went above to a a city of light which looked like the largest array of tall structures (skyscrapers?) i had ever seen, It was serene and I wondered if this was heaven and why anyone needed to live in towerblocks when everyone had no form.. I floated around and was told that this was not what was in my future and I was taken to another what I can only call dimension where I was greeted by horrific demons. A hologram of my father appeared to me to tell me that I had overdosed and was indeed dead and what a fool I had been to get here. The demons caused a pysical pain in me which was truly unbearable and again i wondered how this was possible as I had no form, I returned to my body after what seemed an eternity but what i'm told was around two minutes in realtime. I had been resusitated. before I was allowed back into my body I remember a picture had to be formed in my minds eye much like when a train timetable flicks into place when updating, some kind of reset mechanic, only then was I allowed to awaken.

So to awnser the question, yes i am afraid to die because although on a intellectual level i have no belief in hel,l I have been to a place that even if its my own minds construct resembles it and know what awaits me when I die.

I think you create your own afterlife existence and I'm putting it down to unresolved issues in this life I must resolve before i can go forwards in the next.

Elly
21st November 2010, 03:45
Might not be afraid. In my 20's, I put myself in a situation where I thought it could happen. After feeling great fear for awhile, I seriously thought about death and I was filled with inner peace. My father recently passed away and I was with him. This was my closest experience with death. I was not afraid for him. I realized that I truly believe the body is only a vehicle and we are much more...

MariaDine
21st November 2010, 04:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfNbFm-zwf4&feature=related

Love...Death. Of course we are afraid... of what comes next. And I think we should be afraid. That makes aware of why living in the «NOW» is so important.
Peace ...??? well, I don't know about that... As a dancer I'm in NOW....what I have danced and loved ...is in the past...

Dance is so ephemeral... while you are dancing .....the moment , the present, the now, slips through your fingers... how can you grab and keep, what I have just done, danced while I put all my feelings and love in that action ???

In a certain way,we die in every moment... we just not aware of it. Maybe these little «deaths» are teaching us something... maybe teaching us how to deal with our final moment.

If we can face , see, imagine...our own death ...maybe we will be more conscious of what we are and of what we do in every moment. DANCE taught me this. I'm a Ballet dancer and this is what I have learned.

Beth
21st November 2010, 04:23
Might not be afraid. In my 20's, I put myself in a situation where I thought it could happen. After feeling great fear for awhile, I seriously thought about death and I was filled with inner peace. My father recently passed away and I was with him. This was my closest experience with death. I was not afraid for him. I realized that I truly believe the body is only a vehicle and we are much more...

Thank you for sharing Cara. :hug:

Everlight
21st November 2010, 07:26
I highly recommend this ...
The Tibetan Book Of The Dead Documentary Film

http://psychedelicadventure.blogspot.com/2010/10/tibetan-book-of-dead-documentary-film.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+PsychedelicAdventure+%28Psyched elic+Adventure%29&utm_content=FaceBook

John Parslow
22nd November 2010, 12:04
Hello all

I hope the following helps some of you to come to terms with the inevitable:

"DEATH is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I, and you are you. Whatever we were to each other that we still are. Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was, let it be spoken with effect, without the trace of a shadow on it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just round the corner.All is well."

Henry Scott Holland 1847 - 1918 Canon of St. Paul's Cathedral

Love to all. JP

SkepticSoul
22nd November 2010, 12:41
you all say you aren't affraid of dying...

you are ALL lying!

Even if you knew what's coming after death, u still don't know how its gonna happen or when it's gonna happen.
Also, you live together WITH your body, the body isn't 'just' some object you live in to experience stuff.
It's your companion.. it has toughts of his own...

Celine
22nd November 2010, 12:50
Ummm ..

i am NOT lying..

I learned more about death/living ..in the few moments of my mothers death, then i have in 42 years of living.

the moment in time that my mother took her last breath and the pause just after....was EXCACTLY like the pause just before each of my kids first breath.

Fear does not enter the equation for me

but..

the OP did not ask about "how".

Solphilos
22nd November 2010, 12:53

you are ALL lying!

Even if you knew what's coming after death, u still don't know how its gonna happen or when it's gonna happen.
Also, you live together WITH your body, the body isn't 'just' some object you live in to experience stuff.
It's your companion.. it has toughts of his own...

You can speak for your own experiences and opinions mate, but you can't speak for the experiences of others. Please, keep such rude and ignorant opinions to yourself, as others likely do not wish to hear them.

yaksuit
22nd November 2010, 13:01
it seems to me that many people are afraid to be "alive".....it also seems that those who live primarily in the "now" don't fear "death"

DawgBone
22nd November 2010, 13:06

you are ALL lying!

It depends on what you mean by "afraid". If you mean terrorized, filled with dread, uncertainty, and horror, then I think you are wrong. If you mean some anxiety about an important new experience. Sure.

The point, I think, is that most people here see themselves as spiritual beings. We see physical reality as one of many experiences that we will have on our soul's journey.

If you haven't convinced yourself of this yet, develop your ability to have lucid dreams. A really vivid lucid dream can be just as real as physical reality, no exaggeration. There are other worlds out there, and you can visit them while your body is asleep in bed.

And I agree with you about the physical body. It is a companion. Rather like a beloved animal.

Elandiel BernElve
22nd November 2010, 13:22
Strange discussion...

Death is just another beginning.

I'm not afraid, why would i?

When it's time to go i'll know

SkepticSoul
22nd November 2010, 13:31
It depends on what you mean by "afraid". If you mean terrorized, filled with dread, uncertainty, and horror, then I think you are wrong. If you mean some anxiety about an important new experience. Sure.

The point, I think, is that most people here see themselves as spiritual beings. We see physical reality as one of many experiences that we will have on our soul's journey.

If you haven't convinced yourself of this yet, develop your ability to have lucid dreams. A really vivid lucid dream can be just as real as physical reality, no exaggeration. There are other worlds out there, and you can visit them while your body is asleep in bed.

And I agree with you about the physical body. It is a companion. Rather like a beloved animal.

yah exactly i don't mean afraid as in horror terrified that would be rediculous...
but surely if you gonna die or you 'imagine' yourself dying i bet your heart will start pumping faster than normal.
The body is surely not in a rush to die, it has its own feelings and toughts and you the soul shares those feelings and toughts no matter what! so basicly what i'm trying to say is if the body feels the emotion 'afraid' no matter what degree... you'll feel it too.

SkepticSoul
22nd November 2010, 13:35
how do i develop to have lucid dreams?
i had a couple in my lifetime so i know what ur talking about but can you like have it everytime you go to sleep?

DawgBone
22nd November 2010, 13:43
i had a couple in my lifetime so i know what ur talking about but can you like have it everytime you go to sleep?

You can develop the ability.

A good book to read is Stephen LaBerge's Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming. LaBerge is an academic and has done scientific research in dreaming for decades. For a more spiritual approach see Robert Moss's Conscious Dreaming.

A good LD website is http://www.dreamviews.com

Alloya
22nd November 2010, 19:37
I got super sick from E.coli whilst travelling through India , i spent three weeks in hospital with no means of telling my family where i was , the staff could not understand enough of my language to understand i needed an outside line to telephone England. It should of been the most terrifying experience of my life , but it was not it was one of the best. I spent what i think must of been three days out of my body looking down on my physical form, talking to my soul about how it was to be alive on the earth at this time . My mind wanted to leave to go home from whence i came and leave the earth , my soul however had a different plan. My soul was fascinated with the will to survive which came from my body consciousness lay dying on the bed. My mind and my ego fought with the decision to move back into my body , " lets go " it kept telling the soul , but soul was distracted by the beauty of the physical body . Finally my soul spiralled me back down into my body and my vital signs became stronger. Before this experience i did not like my body i considered it to be a prison preventing me from leaving and going home , after this experience i began to love and appreciate the wisdom and the power of the physical body and through this Gaia began to speak to me and i finally put away my cries of i want to go home and rested my head in her warm lap. Thanks Gaia for showing me why i came to earth in the first place.

Hughe
23rd November 2010, 12:52

Study and practice self-hypnosis regularly. You will be able to induce yourself in trance state.

While in trance you can experience many different things including a kind of lucid dream.
There are two types of lucid dreams as I know, one is you are the part of dream like a main actor but you have separate awareness that you exactly know it's a dream state.
The other one is just like to watch a movie as an audience.

I use both meditation and self-hypnosis before I go to sleep most of time.
Meditation gives me more physical sensation than self-hypnosis when I'm in trance state.

I can't have lucid dream on demand though. It comes out randomly.
My wildest dream is, I got killed about hundreds times in one dream.
'What the heck!' I kept dying till I felt something from the being which made me die and resurrect.

SkepticSoul
23rd November 2010, 13:19
Study and practice self-hypnosis regularly. You will be able to induce yourself in trance state.

While in trance you can experience many different things including a kind of lucid dream.
There are two types of lucid dreams as I know, one is you are the part of dream like a main actor but you have separate awareness that you exactly know it's a dream state.
The other one is just like to watch a movie as an audience.

I use both meditation and self-hypnosis before I go to sleep most of time.
Meditation gives me more physical sensation than self-hypnosis when I'm in trance state.

I can't have lucid dream on demand though. It comes out randomly.
My wildest dream is, I got killed about hundreds times in one dream.
'What the heck!' I kept dying till I felt something from the being which made me die and resurrect.

That's just nasty xP
Can you control the dreams? like shift story or view or whatever?
can you trough your dreams like, explore hidden parts of yourself like the movie Inception?
Just curious xD

MrsT
23rd November 2010, 19:19

I became a "lucid dreamer" 10 years ago, without my wish or effort. No self-hypnosis or meditation. At that time I had a rude spiritual awakening and struggled to come out of religions. My mind was at the state of constant "seeking God within". I still don't control my dreams. I've somehow learned to observe the dreams as I started out to learn messages and lessons in my dreams. No, my dreams are NOT 100% lucid dreams. Many are quite insignificant, just processing the day's activities.

morguana
23rd November 2010, 21:06
Rumi, Nothing Lasts Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4C29vUJX8Y&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4C29vUJX8Y&feature=related

illuminate i know you will love this, i also hope other avalonians will
thank you for being a beautiful soul and spreading love where ever you flow
m

truthseekerdan
23rd November 2010, 21:41
Gee, they started to censor heavily here in the states... I can't see mogs video, instead am getting this msg. "This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." :confused:

morguana
23rd November 2010, 21:44
dan you may be able to do a search on the title, its a rumi poem called nothing lasts forever, its very beautiful, i do hope you can find it
m
edit to add......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4C29vUJX8Y

Lyrics:
Nothing lasts forever
No one lives forever
Keep that in mind, and love

Our life is not the same old burden
Our path is not the same long journey
The flower fades and dies
We must pause to weave perfection into music

Love droops towards its sunset
To be drowned in the golden shadows
Love must be called from its play
And love must be born again to be free

Let us hurry to gather our flowers
Before they are plundered by the passing winds
It quickens our blood and brightens our eyes
To snatch kisses that would vanish
If we delayed

Our life is eager
Our desires are keen
For time rolls by

Beauty is sweet for a short time
And then it is gone
Knowledge is precious
But we will never have time to complete it
All is done and finished
In eternal heaven
But our life here is eternally fresh

Rumi

Anchor
23rd November 2010, 22:13
If I should die and leave you here a while,
be not like others sore undone,
who keep long vigil by the silent dust.
For my sake turn again to life and smile,
nerving thy heart and trembling hand
to do something to comfort other hearts than thine.
Complete these dear unfinished tasks of mine
and I perchance may therein comfort you.

-- Mary Lee Hall

Come not, when I am dead,
To drop thy foolish tears upon my grave,
To trample round my fallen head,
And vex the unhappy dust thou wouldst not save.
There let the wind sweep and the plover cry;
But thou, go by.

Child, if it were thine error or thy crime
I care no longer, being all unblest:
Wed whom thou wilt, but I am sick of Time,
And I desire to rest.
Pass on, weak heart, and leave me where I lie:
Go by, go by.

-- Alfred Lord Tennyson

shadowstalker
23rd November 2010, 22:23
I am not afraid to die, but I am afraid of how my children will take my passing, even tho' they know that, the soul lives on and may be able to meat again,

truthseekerdan
23rd November 2010, 22:50
dan you may be able to do a search on the title, its a rumi poem called nothing lasts forever, its very beautiful, i do hope you can find it
m
edit to add......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4C29vUJX8Y

Lyrics:
Nothing lasts forever
No one lives forever

Our life is not the same old burden
Our path is not the same long journey
The flower fades and dies
We must pause to weave perfection into music

Love droops towards its sunset
To be drowned in the golden shadows
Love must be called from its play
And love must be born again to be free

Let us hurry to gather our flowers
Before they are plundered by the passing winds
It quickens our blood and brightens our eyes
To snatch kisses that would vanish
If we delayed

Our life is eager
Our desires are keen
For time rolls by

Beauty is sweet for a short time
And then it is gone
Knowledge is precious
But we will never have time to complete it
All is done and finished
In eternal heaven
But our life here is eternally fresh

Rumi

Thank you for the lyrics, morguana. :cool: The link doesn't work either...:doh:

lightblue
23rd November 2010, 22:53

i am afraid that if tptb knew we were not afraid of dying they might try to anihilate us all by popular consent... :secret: l

truthseekerdan
23rd November 2010, 22:56
I am not afraid to die, but I am afraid of how my children will take my passing, even tho' they know that, the soul lives on and may be able to meat again,

Everyone goes back to Source -- so they'll meet again. ;)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

i am afraid that if tptb knew we were not afraid of dying they might try to anihilate us all by popular consent... :secret: l

You are contradicting yourself, lightblue...:lol:

lightblue
23rd November 2010, 23:01

Everyone goes back to Source -- so they'll meet again.

i thought you go over to the astral (still 3d) realm for corrective treatment, after which you are being recycled yet again - sent back here according to how you did at the exams.. :yu: l

lightblue
23rd November 2010, 23:05
truthseekerdan:
You are contradicting yourself, lightblue...

ok, ok, i'll then say: I worry that if tptb knew we were not afraid of dying they might try to anihilate us all by popular consent... l

truthseekerdan
23rd November 2010, 23:06

i thought you go over to the astral (still 3d) realm for corrective treatment, after which you are being recycled yet again - sent back here according to how you did at the exams.. :yu: l

The Source does not recycle ITself -- we are the Source extensions (fragments), and don't get sent back against our free will...:nod:

BTW, astral is not 3D. :)

lightblue
23rd November 2010, 23:09
The Source does not recycle ITself -- we are the Source extensions (fragments), and don't get sent back against our free will...

so you know how to outwit karma?

.post update

i understand that every density has both astral and actual level ...

think we've gone off topic....:wink: l

shadowstalker
23rd November 2010, 23:13
yes you make the karmic wheel stop spinning by forgiving and using your true heart.
And yes it is easier said then done.

truthseekerdan
23rd November 2010, 23:14
so you know how to outwit karma?

Check this link regarding karma: http://www.youtube.com/user/NanciDanison#p/u/4/Oo8szDkpcsM

:love: ~ Dan

shadowstalker
23rd November 2010, 23:16
i thought you go over to the astral (still 3d) realm for corrective treatment,
There is no corrective TREATMENT, there is starting over gain to help fix that mistake made, THEY do not make anyone do anything.
It's still free will on when to do that as well.
Either fix that mistake or find something else to learn then go back to the other mistake and work on that.
It is part of the cycle.

morguana
23rd November 2010, 23:18
Culture Club - Karma Chameleon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcA9LIIXWw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcA9LIIXWw

;)
m

truthseekerdan
23rd November 2010, 23:21
Culture Club - Karma Chameleon

;)
m

Nice karma song, mogs. :thumb:

lightblue
23rd November 2010, 23:40
shadowstalker:
i thought you go over to the astral (still 3d) realm for corrective treatment,
There is no corrective TREATMENT, there is starting over gain to help fix that mistake made, THEY do not make anyone do anything.
It's still free will on when to do that as well.
Either fix that mistake or find something else to learn then go back to the other mistake and work on that.
It is part of the cycle.

why does an overwhelming number of people who went through a NDE speak about having spiritual advisers of all sorts available to them on the other side....almost all mention that detail..it's not all an absolute free choice - it's a fee pick of the available choice you are given (according to how well you mastered your lessons)..david newman did an extesive study on that, plus there are many other accounts in keeping with this.. :wink: l

shadowstalker
24th November 2010, 00:01
There are many counts that say the opposite as well, it's all a matter of perspective really. And what is truly encountered by certain individuals.
If one believes over the other something different, its no skin of my nose, as everyone as there own thoughts on it just like you just like me, and i bet there are thousands others who would say different to what we all say here on this forum.
So in turn it really doesn't matter, as we all have our personal views on it.
I'm just adding my two sense really,

lightblue
24th November 2010, 00:12
There are many counts that say the opposite as well, it's all a matter of perspective really. And what is truly encountered by certain individuals.
If one believes over the other something different, its no skin of my nose, as everyone as there own thoughts on it just like you just like me, and i bet there are thousands others who would say different to what we all say here on this forum.
So in turn it really doesn't matter, as we all have our personal views on it.
I'm just adding my two sense really,

i appreciate your perspective, i do.. :) l

shadowstalker
24th November 2010, 00:17
:bathbaby: All is good

Seikou-Kishi
25th November 2010, 06:01
I'm not so much afraid of death as I am apprehensive of the many possible ways I could get there, so to speak; dying is far more unpleasant to me than actual death.

Having said that, that's my physical/incarnated mind telling me that, and in more serene moments I'm entirely confident that the greatest part of me does not die, and that, as is said, I'm simply stepping out of the room, and in those moments there's a peaceful, almost joyous acceptance of 'que sera, sera', the only sticking point being the actual dying: like pulling off a plaster, it's better to get it over with quickly.

Seikou-Kishi

morguana
25th November 2010, 11:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_zhZeRNfSg&feature=channel

life is a spiral dance, it goes round and around, moveing towards the centre.......

love you all
m

lightblue
25th November 2010, 11:58

the above video is packed full of satanic symbolism :blink:....i say no thank you l

morguana
25th November 2010, 12:36

the above video is packed full of satanic symbolism :blink:....i say no thank you l.

actually lightblue, the pentagram (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram) is the symbolic representation of the 4 quarters, earth, air, fire and water (uesed in many religions around the world) the 5th point (at the top) is the representation of the spirit, not satanic at all, its the pagan symbol for the divine, just as the cross is for christians and star of david for the jewish folk. say no thank you but dont be disrespectful towards something that has a pure meaning to others.

Taoism
Representation of the Chinese five elements (Wǔ Xíng)

Taoism conceived of a five element system which governed the natural world which they called the Wu Xing (Chinese:五行/Wǔ Xíng).

Christianity
Christ as a Pentagram, from Valeriano Bolzani's Hieroglyphica (Basel, 1556)

The pentagram is used as a Christian symbol for the five senses,[13] and if the letters S, A, L, V, and S are inscribed in the points, it can be taken as a symbol of health (from Latin salus).[14]

Medieval Christians believed that the "pentalpha" symbolizes the five wounds of Christ. The pentagram was believed to protect against witches and demons

just because groups such as the masons use it doesnt make it evil

i am pagan and i find attitudes like this based on missunderstanding and ignorance to be really offencive
m
edit to add this bit......

Satanism
A goat's head inscribed in a downward-pointing pentagram, from La Clef de la Magie Noire by the Rosicrucian Stanislas de Guaita (1897).

Satanists use a pentagram with two points up, often inscribed in a double circle, with the head of a goat inside the pentagram. This is referred to as the Sigil of Baphomet. They use it much the same way as the Pythagoreans, as Tartaros literally translates from Greek as a "Pit" or "Void" in Christian terminology (the word is used as such in the Bible, referring to the place where the fallen angels are fettered). The Pythagorean Greek letters are most often replaced by the Hebrew letters לויתן forming the name Leviathan. Less esoteric LaVeyan Satanists use it as a sign of rebellion or religious identification, the three downward points symbolising rejection of the holy Trinity
[edit] Thelema

Thelema

Aleister Crowley also made use of the pentagram and in his Thelemic system of magick: an adverse or inverted pentagram represents the descent of spirit into matter, according to the interpretation of Lon Milo DuQuette.[24] Crowley contradicted his old comrades in the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, who following Levi considered this orientation of the symbol evil and associated it with the triumph of matter over spirit.

an upside down pentagram is not shown in the vid

illuminate
25th November 2010, 13:29
Beautiful sweet Morguana...

Thanks for the above explanation and THANK YOU so much for your kind words to me...
you've made my heart sing! :hug:

With love!

lightblue
25th November 2010, 14:31
morgana:
actually lightblue, the pentagram is the symbolic representation of the 4 quarters, earth, air, fire and water (uesed in many religions around the world) the 5th point (at the top) is the representation of the spirit, not satanic at all, its the pagan symbol for the divine, just as the cross is for christians and star of david for the jewish folk. say no thank you but dont be disrespectful towards something that has a pure meaning to others.

just because groups such as the masons use it doesnt make it evil

i am pagan and i find attitudes like this based on missunderstanding and ignorance to be really offencive
m

http://the-philosophers-stone.com/regulars/rituals/pentagrm/pentagrm.htm

http://www.skepticfiles.org/mys2/gre-pent.htm

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/pentagram.htm

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/pentagram.htm

http://one-evil.org/acts_holocaust/acts_vatican_holocaust.htm

http://www.beyondweird.com/crowley/The_Greater_Ritual_of_The_Pentagram.html

i am sad you took an offence, but i think you may be overreacting - i remarked what i did because of the wisdom that can be drawn from the info above as for an example which calls for caution to say the least….your fishing for apologies is besides the point i think..

equally, if someone wanted to elucidate me on the history and meaning of swastika (see below) would be wasting their time ..that's because of its use in a not so happy 20th cen history …i’d walk past anyone walking around adorned with either pentagram or swastika in a REAL hurry…please do not press me for the reasons why - i might just offer them to you but it won't be everyone's read.. best wishes :yu: l

http://www.religionfacts.com/hinduism/symbols/swastika.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

davewhite04
25th November 2010, 14:35
I'm not afraid to die at all, the way I die maybe as I have a very low tolerance for pain.

The reason I'm not afraid to die is because I know 100% that the other side is home, this is because of spiritual experiences I've had.

I am also convinced that things will change very soon on this planet for the better, that combined with having a young daughter means I wish not to go yet.

morguana
25th November 2010, 14:36
I am not fishing for any apology lightblue and feel that if you wish to discuss the topic of symbols and their meanings then it may be best to open a separate thread for this, I think we have hijacked illuminates thread enough, don't you?
m

lightblue
25th November 2010, 14:51
morgana:
I am not fishing for any apology lightblue and feel that if you wish to discuss the topic of symbols and their meanings then it may be best to open a separate thread for this, I think we have hijacked illuminates thread enough, don't you?
m
i've no such desire...

in yous previous post, you put:
actually lightblue, the pentagram is the symbolic representation of the 4 quarters, earth, air, fire and water (uesed in many religions around the world) the 5th point (at the top) is the representation of the spirit, not satanic at all, its the pagan symbol for the divine, just as the cross is for christians and star of david for the jewish folk. say no thank you but dont be disrespectful towards something that has a pure meaning to others

you also put it to me:
m

so i took it you got offended which is why i thought it necessary to explain my stance...i am almost sure illuminate would allow for this little diversion...it was all for the sake of clarity and peace...best wishes :) l

illuminate
25th November 2010, 15:00
I am also convinced that things will change very soon on this planet for the better...

ME TOO!

My role is small ... but I will make a change!
And so will each of you.

The world is not a vicious place ... It’s just the way we’ve been raised ...
and it’s possible to educate the next generation that will rule the world someday
this time with truth, not fiction :p

We change this world with the love that we give
remember... the world is your chance to create!

davewhite04
25th November 2010, 15:50
ME TOO!

My role is small ... but I will make a change!
And so will each of you.

The world is not a vicious place ... It’s just the way we’ve been raised ...
and it’s possible to educate the next generation that will rule the world someday
this time with truth, not fiction :p

We change this world with the love that we give
remember... the world is your chance to create!

Hi illuminate, nice to meet you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgYAHHkPFs

This WILL come to pass!

Peace

Dave

davewhite04
25th November 2010, 16:03
I did try to post the "Imagine" video by John Lennon above, but when I tried to edit it it wouldn't save :)

DawgBone
25th November 2010, 16:23
I did try to post the "Imagine" video by John Lennon above, but when I tried to edit it it wouldn't save :)

I've had some trouble saving edits, also. If you select "Go Advanced" after an edit, it seems to work okay.

illuminate
25th November 2010, 16:38
Hi illuminate, nice to meet you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgYAHHkPFs

This WILL come to pass!

Peace

Dave

YOU BET!

Very nice to meet you too!

morguana
25th November 2010, 16:44
Sorry for my tone lightblue, just a bit frayed and sencitive today :(

Dave imagine is a perfect song for this thread :wub:
m

Gone002
25th November 2010, 17:38
I hope to live a long life, my only concern is the way i die.

Victoria Tintagel
11th December 2010, 21:45
Hey Avaloneans, I do hope you are alive and kicking :) Thank you very much, Illuminate, for this valuable thread. This text, out of the second volume The Ancient Flower of Life, explains the dimensional shift. I decided to copy this piece and post it here. This is about transition, like death is a transition. It's Drunvalo's opinion that we, you and I, are in the fulfillment of our lifecycles and that this life is our last one, in a physical body. In his view we will stay in a physical body, experience a poleshift and come out at the other end finding ourselves in the lower level of the 4th dimension. We will have to wait and see if that's truly going to happen as described here. The book is published in the year 2000. Meanwhile we could find ourselves in creations of our own that altered these "prophecies " in this book, on how we will go through a poleshift. All rules are flying out of the window and we find ourselves in "nobody's land" in a way. Take courage. I post this for an enrichment of this discussion. Blessed be, Dutchess Tint.

"An Overview of a Dimensional ShiftOn planets in this galaxy, normally the geomagnetic fields first begin to weaken and then become erratic, the civilization on the planet begins to break down and finally the last phase is entered. The final phase lasts usually no more than two years but nearly always at least three months. In this phase the civilization begins to dissolve, and it becomes extremely dangerous just to be alive. All the systems that keep civilization in place disintegrate and chaos rules. This is the period that most religions, such as the Mormon religion, have prepared for. It is the period when we are still on Earth in the third dimension before we actually make the transition into the fourth dimension. Then there is a period of five or six hours before the dimensional shift begins. This is a very strange time, when the fourth dimension begins to leak into the third dimension. It really helps to know this is coming. When the shift actually begins, there will be no doubt. There are pecific changes of color and form that are outside of most human consciousness. From this point forward, we have left the Earth's third dimension. Usually the axis of the planet will shift at this time, but we will not know it because we will literally be in a new space-time dimension. There are always other possibilities for how this might happen, but this is the normal course. Passing through the Void, we will enter into the Earth's fourth dimension. Life will be altered dramatically. Ascension, resurrection and final death will all take place before this phase. Birth into the new world will have begun. The following scenario details the way a dimensional shift generally happens in the universe, but Earth is an exceptional case. I will first talk about a normal transition as though that is what will happen, but our own transition could and almost certainly will lead to something more anomalous. The course of history may turn into something very different from what I am about to tell you. It depends on the love we have for each other as a planetary race of beings. At the end of this discussion I will present another theory. It is too early to know for sure that it is happening, but it seems to be.

The First Signs
The first sign of a planetary dimensional shift is a sharp weakening of the geomagnetic field, which science knows has been dropping on Earth for the last 2000 years, since Jesus appeared.
In the last 500 years, the Earth's geomagnetic field has been dropping more dramatically. As we approach the dimensional shift, the geomagnetic field will begin to go crazy, which has already
happened. The world's airports have had to alter the magnetic error corrections for north for their airport maps in order to use automatic instruments. The last thirty years has seen very peculiar magnetic field changes. The birds are not migrating to their usual locations. Birds use magnetic lines to navigate their migratory routes home, and these lines have changed dramatically. I believe this is what is causing the whales and dolphins to beach themselves, because they too use these lines to migrate. Many magnetic lines that have always followed the coast have now moved inland. As the cetaceans follow them, they run into land and are beached. Eventually the geomagnetic field will probably collapse and fall to zero.

It has happened many times in Earth's history. If this happens, several scenarios might take place. The field could reverse itself and the poles would switch. Or it might return to the same polar configuration after it reaches zero, but with a completely different axis. There are various ways it could move, but it doesn't really matter to you and your ascension. You will not be here on this level of Earth's dimensions, so you won't have a direct experience of this change. There are other more subtle energy changes, such as the Schumann frequency (the basic resonant frequency of planet Earth) which will change before the dimensional shift occurs, but the geomagnetic change is the biggest. I am not going to speak about the Schumann frequency, since the United States government has gone to great lengths to deny that thischange is occurring. If you really want to know the truth, check with Germany and Russia, because both nations have information on this subject that utterly conflicts with our government's position. You can also study Gregg Braden's work. His work is more enlightened and honest. The importance of the geomagnetic field lies in the effect it has on the human mind when and if it moves to zero and stays there for more than about two weeks. According to the Russians, in the early days when they put people into space and they were mostly out of the Earth's geomagnetic field for more than two weeks, their cosmonauts literally went crazy. This is exactly what happened after the Fall when Atlantis sank: people lost their memories and went nuts. It seems that Earth magnetism holds our memories intact, much like a cassette tape, and this is tied to our emotional bodies.

So the Russians invented a small appliance to be worn on a belt that cosmonauts wear to maintain a normal geomagnetic field around the body when in space. I'm sure that NASA has done the same thing. It may seem strange that geomagnetics would affect our emotions, but just think what happens during a full moon. The full moon makes only slight changes in the geomagnetics, but the effect is obvious. In any major city in the world, check out the police records on the day before, the day of, and the day after the full moon. There are more murders, rapes and general crime on those three days than at any other time. However, when the geomagnetic field moves to zero, it becomes a much greater problem. Even the fluctuations of the world stock market are based on human emotions, so you can see how major fluctuations in the Earth's geomagnetic fields that last for longer than two weeks can cause havoc in the world.

The Phase before the Shift.
This is the period that usually lasts from three months to two years. It is triggered mostly by the geomagnetics driving people crazy. This is what causes the collapse of the social systems of the world. The stock market crashes, the governments become nonfunctional and martial law is invoked but doesn't work because the military is having the same problem. This is followed by the lack of food and other supplies and no help. On top of this, most people become paranoid and reach for their guns. Nowhere is safe on the Earth's surface. However, because of the tremendous help that our spiritual ET brothers have given us and because of the dramatic changes in consciousness that we have accomplished ourselves, there is an excellent chance that we will not go through this dangerous period, and if we do, it will be very quick. In fact, I would not be surprised if we had no warning at all, except the five to six hours that we speak of below.

If we were to prepare for this phase on a physical level, we would put food and supplies in a hole in the ground to last at least two years. However, if we entered this underground fort when the shift began, we would not come out. Why? Because the dimensional shift will take us into a new dimension of the Earth's consciousness, a place where the third dimension, our normal
world, will not exist. Once the shift begins, the third-dimensional world will pass away, so it is unfeasible to put food and supplies in a hole and expect to emerge after everything is over and resume life as usual. A large portion of our population have recently done this in anticipation of a Y2K problem. There is nothing wrong about doing it, but it must be understood that it cannot save you. No physical preparation will help you in the higher dimensional levels. Success there depends on your spiritual awareness and mostly on your character. Yes, character. I will explain.

Five to Six Hours before the Shift
This phase is a weird one, from a human point of view. The Native Americans in the tribe I was first born to when I arrived on Earth, the Taos Pueblo, are told to enter the pueblo, pull the curtains, not look outside, and pray. To look outside would only cause fear, which is the last thing you need. A strange phenomenon begins at this stage. The two dimensions begin to overlap. You may be sitting in your room when suddenly something appears out of nowhere that will not be explainable to your mind. It will be a fourthdimensional object that will not fit into your understanding of reality. You will see colors that you have never seen before in your life. These colors will be exceedingly bright, and they'll seem to have their own light source. The color will seem to be emitted rather than reflected. And they have a shape your mind will not be able to explain. These objects will be the strangest things you have ever seen. It is okay; it's a natural phenomenon. My strong suggestion to you is, don't touch one of these objects. If you do, it will instantly pull you into the fourth dimension at an accelerated rate. It would be easiest and best if you avoid moving that fast. If it is unavoidable, then it is the will of God.

Synthetic Objects and Lucifer-Reality Thought Forms
The other phenomenon that almost certainly will occur has to do with the nature of the reality that Lucifer created and that we live within. The original Reality is created in such a way that everything is in divine order with everything else. But in Lucifer's reality, technology has made synthetic materials. These materials, which are not found in nature, will not be able to pass into the fourth dimension. They will return into the elements they were created from. It is possible to send a synthetic material into the next dimension, but it requires a special energy field to keep it intact. Further, these synthetic materials have a spectrum of stability. Some of them, like glass, are not far removed from nature. Glass is just melted sand. But other materials are far removed, thus far more unstable, such as our modern plastics. This means that some synthetic objects, depending on their stability, will melt or disintegrate quicker than others during this five
to six-hour period. Your car is made of plastics and other highly unstable materials, so it will definitely be unserviceable. Even your house is probably made of many unstable materials and will, for the most part, break down and partly disintegrate. Most modern homes will be unsafe during this phase. Knowing that this time would come and what would happen when it did, the Taos Pueblo long ago made it illegal to use modern building materials inside the pueblo. The Taos people do make summer homes of synthetic materials away from the pueblo, but they know that when the Day of Purification comes, they are to head for their ancient homes on the pueblo. Sometimes they put windows in their pueblo buildings, but because the openings didn't have glass before, if they lose a window, it won't be a big loss. Other than that, their pueblo is made only of mud, straw, sand, stones and trees. They will not experience this problem.

Therefore, it would be best to be in nature when this happens, but if you cannot be, then it is the will of God. I would not worry about this. I am only informing you so that you will understand as the shift begins. I will explain this a little further. Synthetic objects are really just thoughts created by and through the Luciferian experiment. They don't exist in the original Reality. It might be hard to understand that they're only thoughts. "Thought forms" would be a better term. They come from what the Hindus call the mental plane, from a higher-level dimension, and slowly filter down through the dimensions until they get here in the third dimension. In human terms, a person thinks of something, imagines it, then figures how to do it. People create it in one way or another and manifest the object on the Earth. It can be an individual or a group of people, it doesn't matter. The person (or persons) who creates it does not hold the object here on the Earth plane even if they created it. It's held in place by our third-dimensional human grid around the planet. That's the consciousness grid of all the people on this level. It's an agreed reality held in place by the grid, so if someone dies who created an object, the object remains. But if the grid that holds these objects were to break down, the object would turn into the materials it came from, leaving no trace. And this grid will break down before or during the shift. Obviously, the people who are already going crazy because of the collapse of the geomagnetic field will become much worse when they see the Luciferian reality collapsing, when objects begin to disappear or disintegrate. The good side is that it lasts for less than six hours. According to Edgar Cayce and other psychics, there have been many extremely advanced civilizations here on Earth before, but there is little or no trace of them. This is because of what we have just described.

Their synthetic materials did not make it through the last dimensional shift 13,000 years ago or through other prior shifts. God cleans up the original Reality environment every time there is a dimensional shift. If an advanced ET culture comes here and wants to make a structure (like a pyramid, for example) last for tens of thousands of years, they don't make it out of a sophisticated metal like stainless steel. They use natural materials from the planet that are very hard and durable. This way they know that the pyramid will last through all these natural dimensional changes that every planet experiences. It's not a Stone Age limitation, it's just an intelligent thing to do, that's all. Furthermore, these advanced ET cultures are also very careful not to leave any trace of themselves. They either take their bodies with them or vaporize them in order not to break the galactic law of noninterference.

Planetary Shifts.
Every person who has ever lived on Earth has already experienced the shift. They had to in order to get here on Earth. It's just a cosmic fact. Unless we came from close by, wherever we came from before we came to Earth, we had to have passed through the Void to get here, so we had to change dimensions. On the day you were born on Earth as a baby, you experienced a dimensional shift. You moved from one world into another. It's only because of our poor human memory that we don't remember. By not remembering the experience of being born or of the other dimensions, we have placed enormous limitations on ourselves. For one, we can't overcome the reality of great distance. The distances in our reality are so great that we can't cross them. We can't even leave our solar system, for in this present state of awareness we are prisoners in our own home. Is it not true? Traveling great distances by spaceship in the conventional
way of perceiving time and space is not possible. Scientific minds have come to that conclusion already. But of course it is a disheartening suggestion that we can never leave our own solar system. Reaching the nearest star (Alpha Centauri, about four light-years away) would take about 115 million years using current space technology. Humans do not live that long, and besides, that is only the closest star. To reach deep into space would simply be impossible. We would have to change our understanding of time and space to be successful.

As we have said, our problem is that we know about only time and space; the reality of dimension has been mostly lost. Because all things are perfect, we are remembering now, just when we need to. We first remember in our dreams, then in our movies. Movies like Star Trek, Contact, Sphere and many others all explore ideas about dimension. We will remember, for God is with us. So let's do it. I'll tell you exactly what normal!} happens in a dimensional shift. I will give this description from my direct experience, but what really comes to pass may be slightly different, for the universe is always experimenting. Some of you would probably prefer that I tell this in story form, but I feel that a straight shot may be more appropriate.

The Experience of an Actual Planetary Shift
Remember that what I am about to say is what a galactic textbook would reveal. It is just the normal scenario. There can be many different details because life is flexible, but by knowing the norm, you can imagine the differences. As we enter this new millennium, the ascended masters feel that there will be very little violence approaching this shift, for we have come a long way on the path. We have done a great job in helping to birth the new human consciousness! So I am going to say it now—relax, don't worry. Enjoy this transition. As you witness the perfection of life, you can be that little baby you may have wanted to revert back to. Know that you are going to be taken care of and that pure love is guiding the events. This energy wave is so much bigger than you that you might as well surrender to life and just be. We have probably altered the possibility of the two years to three months of chaos. It is now believed that the period before the shift will probably be very short and with almost no disruption. They expect little or no warning except for the five- or six-hour shift. More than likely you will wake up one morning, and before sunset find yourself a baby in a brand-new world.

Six Hours before the Shift
Let's begin six hours before the shift. You wake up on a clear, cool morning feeling great. As you stand up, you realize that you are feeling very light and a little strange. You decide to take a bath. As you're watching the water, you sense something behind you. You turn and see a large, brightly glowing object of strange colors floating about three feet off the floor next
to the wall. As you try to figure out what this is, a smaller one appears out of nowhere a few feet away. They begin to float around the room. You jump up and run into the bedroom, only to see the whole room filled with these strange, unimaginable things. You might think you are having a mental breakdown or chat maybe a brain tumor is affecting your perception, but neither is the case. Suddenly the floor begins to break apart and the whole house begins to distort. You run outside into nature, where everything seems normal except that there are many of these strange things everywhere. You decide to sit down and not move. You remember your Mer-Ka-Ba and begin to breathe with awareness. You relax into the prana flow that moves through your body. The great spinning Mer-Ka-Ba has enclosed you in its warmth and safety. You become centered and wait, because what's about to happen is God's grace.

There really is nowhere to go. It's the greatest ride you can imagine. It is ancient, yet it is brand new. It is beautiful and you feel fantastic. You feel more alive than you ever did when you were in the normal Earth reality. Each breath seems to be exciting. You look across the meadow, where a red, glowing fog begins to slide into the space all around you. Soon you are surrounded by this red fog, which seems to have its own source of light. It's a fog, but it doesn't actually look like any fog you have ever seen before. It seems to be everywhere now. You are even breathing it. An odd feeling comes over your body. It isn't really bad, just unusual. You notice that the red fog is slowly changing to orange. You no sooner see it is orange than it turns yellow. The yellow quickly changes into green, then blue, then purple, then violet, then ultraviolet. Then a powerful flash of pure white light explodes into your consciousness. You are not only surrounded by this white light, but it seems that you are this light. For you, there is nothing else in existence. This last feeling seems to continue for a long time. Slowly, very slowly, the white light changes into clear light and the place where you are sitting becomes visible again. Only it looks like everything is metallic and made of pure gold—the trees, the clouds, the animals, the houses, other people - except your body, which may or may not appear like gold. Almost imperceptibly, the gold, metallic reality becomes transparent. Slowly everything begins to look like golden glass.
You'll be able to see right through walls; you can even see people walking behind them.

The Void—Three Days of Blackness
Finally, the gold, metal reality begins to dim and fade away. The bright gold becomes dull and keeps losing its light until your entire world is dark and black. A blackness engulfs you, and your old world is gone forever. You can't see anything now, not even your body. You realize that you are stable, but at the same time you seem to be floating. Your familiar world isgone. Do not feel fear here. There is nothing to be afraid of. It is completely natural. You have entered the Void between the third and the fourth dimensions, the Void that all things came from and must always pass back into. You have entered the doorway between the worlds. There's no sound and no light. It's total sensory deprivation in every imaginable way. There is nothing to do but wait and feel gratitude for your connection with God. You will probably dream at this point. It is okay. If you don't dream, it will seem like a long, long time is passing. In truth, it will be only about three days.

To be concise, this period may last from two and a quarter days (the shortest ever known) to about four days (the longest ever experienced). Normally it is between three and three and a half days. These days are Earth days, of course, and this time is experiential, not real, because time as we know it does not exist. You have now reached the "end of time" that rhe Maya and other religions and spiritual people have spoken of.

The New Birth
The next experience is rather shocking. After floating in nothing and blackness for three days or so, on one level of your being it may seem like a thousand years has gone by. Then, totally nexpected and in an instant, your entire world will explode with a brilliant white light. It will be blinding. It will be the brightest light you have ever known, and it will take a long time before your eyes can adjust and handle the intensity of this new light. More than likely the experience will seem brand new, and what you have just become is a baby in a new reality. You're a little baby. Just like when you were born here on Earth, you came from a very dark place into a very light place; you were somewhat blinded and didn't know what the heck was going on. The experience is similar in many ways. Congratulations! You were just born into a brilliant new world! When you start adjusting to this intensity of light, which might take awhile, you'll begin to see colors you've never seen before and never knew existed. Everything, the whole configuration, the whole experience of the reality, will be bizarre and unknown to you except for the short time with
the floating objects right before the shift. In truth, it is more of a second birth. On Earth when you are born, you begin small and continue to grow until you are an adult.

We usually think of human adulthood as the end of growth. What may sound strange until you see it is that a human adult body in the next world is a baby. Exactly as happens here, you begin to grow and get taller until you reach adulthood in this new world. Adulthood in this new fourth-dimensional world is surprisingly taller than here. An adult male is about 14 to 16 feet tall, and an adult female is about 10 to 12 feet. Your body will seem solid, just as on Earth, but compared to thirddimensional Earth, it isn't. In fact, if you were to go back to Earth, no one could see you. You still have an atomic structure, but the atoms will have mostly converted into energy. You have become a great deal of energy and very little matter. You can walk right through a solid wall on Earth, but here you are solid. This new birth will be your last life in structure as you know it. In the fifth dimension, which will be coming soon after the fourth, there are no life forms.

It is a formless state of consciousness. You will have no body, but will be everywhere at once. Time is extremely different in the fourth dimension. A few minutes on Earth is several hours in 4D, so in what will seem like about two years, you will reach adulthood. But simply growing up is not what life is all about, just as here on Earth. There are levels of knowledge and existence that would be hard to imagine from where you will be when you first enter the fourth dimension, just as a baby here on Earth could not comprehend astrophysics.

Your Thoughts and Survival
Here you are, a baby in a new world. Yet in this new world you are far from helpless. You are a powerful spirit that can control the entire reality with your thoughts. Whatever you think, happens instantly! Yet at first you normally don't recognize this connection. Most people don't put the two together for several days, and those few days are crucial. They could keep you from surviving in this new world if you don't understand. Here you are, only a few minutes old, and the first big test in life begins. When the fourth-dimensional window is opened, anyone can go through, but generally not everyone can stay. What we have found is that there are three types of people at this stage. First, there are people who pass over who are ready. They have prepared themselves in this life by the life they lived. Then there are people who aren't ready, who are filled with so much fear that they cannot allow themselves to leave this third dimension past the Void, and they immediately return to Earth. Finally, there's a third group that passes over but isn't really quite ready for this experience. They were ready enough to transition into the fourth dimension, but they weren't really prepared to stay there. Jesus spoke of these people when he said at the end of a parable that "many are called, but few are chosen."

There was another parable about a wheat farmer whose servants reported that many weeds were growing in his wheat fields and asked what to do. The farmer told them to let the weeds grow with the wheat, and when it was harvest time, to gather them both up and then to separate rhe chaff from the wheat. A farmer would normally attempt to get rid of the weeds before they got big, but that's not what he said to do. What Jesus was referring to is these two different kinds of people—the ones who are ready and the ones who aren't. When people are not quite ready, it means they are bringing all their fears and hatred with them. When they find themselves in this very bizarre world, all their fears and anger arise. Because they don't know that whatever they think will take shape around them, their fears begin to manifest. Because they don't understand what is happening, in the beginning most people reproduce familiar images of their old world, things they can recognize. They do this to make sense of what is happening. They are not doing this consciously, but from their survival instinct. They start creating the old images and emotional patterns. But this new world is so bizarre that all their fears come up. They say, "Holy cow, what's going on ? This is crazy, insane!" They see people who had died long ago. They might begin to see scenes from their past, even their childhood. Nothing makes sense. The mind searches for some way to create order. They think they're hallucinating, and this brings up more fear. Thinking in their Earthly way, they might feel that someone is doing this to them, so they need to protect themselves. The ego thinks it needs a gun.

Manifestation follows thought, and when they look down, there's a rifle with a scope, just what they wanted. They pick up the gun and think, "I need ammunition." They look to their left and there are huge boxes of it. They load up and begin looking for bad guys who they think are trying to kill them. So who instantly appears? The bad guys, fully armed. Now their worst fears start manifesting, whatever they are, so they start shooting. Everywhere they turn, other people are trying to kill them. Finally their biggest fear manifests, and they are fatally shot. A scenario of some sort will happen that will remove them from this higher world back to the world from which they came. This is what Jesus meant when he said, "For all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword." But Jesus also said, "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth," which means that if you're sitting in this new world thinking simple thoughts of love, harmony and peace, trusting in God and urself, then that is exactly what will manifest in your world. You will manifest a harmonious, beautiful world. If you are "meek," you allow yourself to remain in this higher world by your thoughts, feelings and actions. You survive. That's just the beginning, of course. So you are born into a new world and you survive. From this point on there are various possibilities. One that will invariably occur is that after a while you'll start to explore this reality, and at one point you will realize that whatever you think, happens.

At this point people often look down at their bodies and say, "Wow," and, with their thoughts, perfect their bodies and physically become what they always wanted to be. They will heal everything, grow back arms and legs. Why not? It's like a toy to a child. Because ego often still functions a little bit at this stage, you might make yourself really beautiful or handsome or taller. But you will soon get bored with perfecting your body. You will begin to explore the rest of your new reality. One thing will almost certainly happen. You'll suddenly notice large moving lights around the area you are in. They're called mother and father. Yes, you will have parents in the fourth dimension. It is, however, the last time, for in the next higher world you will not. In the area of the fourth dimension where you arrive, the family problems we have experienced here on Earth don't exist. Your mother and father there will love you in ways you probably have only dreamed of on Earth. They will completely love and take are of you. They will not allow anything to happen to you in a bad way once you have survived. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. It is a time of tremendous joy if you simply surrender and allow this love to guide you. You may realize that you've just won the big game of life. All the pain and suffering you have experienced in life is over, and another beautiful and sacred level of life is emerging. Now the purpose and meaning of life begins to return consciously. You begin to experience another ancient, yet new way of being, and it's yours. It has always been yours, but you gave it up. So now you are returning to the state of awareness where God is apparent in all of life. He is apparent with every breath that enters your shining body of light.

How to Prepare: The Secret of Everyday Life
You ask, what can we do here on Earth that will prepare us for this experience of the higher worlds? It's definitely not collecting food and making a hole, in the ground or anything else like that. Not that this is wrong action, only that physical preparation has its limits. In heaven, in the higher worlds, you are what you create. It is true here too, but most of us don't know it. From the fourth dimension on, it becomes obvious. Since we are what we create, then it becomes important and necessary that our emissions are in harmony with all life everywhere. We come to understand that everything we think, feel and do creates the world we must live in. Therefore, ordinary life here on Earth can be seen as a school, a place where each moment of life gives us
lessons that can be directly translated into the next world. No wonder Egypt and most of the ancient civilizations regarded death with such reverence. Death, no matter how it comes, is the doorway of darkness into the Void that leads into the brilliant light of the higher worlds of life. If mastered, it leads directly into a conscious connection with all life everywhere—eternal life!

So what about these Earthly lessons? The truth is that the Source of all life is in the eyes of every person created, So even here on Earth, great intelligence and wisdom and love are present in every moment inside each person. Once this is seen, then it becomes clear that your thoughts, feelings and actions are the key. You know exactly what to do. In simple words, it's perfecting
your character. The shining diamonds in your character become the survival tools of ascension. Buddha, Mother Mary, Lao-tsu, Mohammed, Jesus, Abraham, Krishna, Babaji, Sister Teresa and about 8000 other great masters of the eternal light—these are your schoolteachers and the heroes of life. By their examples they show you how to build your character. All of them feel that loving your neighbor is the primary key. It brings order into the world you create. It gives you eternal life. Do you see? In the Melchizedek transition, as you pass through what are called stargates and go from one area of existence to another, the only way you can get through is by thinking, feeling and being very specific emotional and mental patterns. These patterns generally come in sets of five or six[see chapter 13, update 5]. The pattern I used to enter this dimension was love, truth and beauty, trust, harmony and peace. There are many others.

They are like codes or keys that allow you to pass the guardians. If the guardians sense that you are ready for the world they guard, they will let you through. If they do not, they will chase you back to the world from which you came. It's just their job—and you set it up that way. If you can just sit there and keep chanting those patterns of love, truth and beauty, trust, harmony and peace, you don't have to worry about a thing. That's the female pattern [see Fig. 18-1]. There are other patterns. There's a male pattern [see Fig. 18-2], which is compassim, humility and wisdom, unity, love and truth. All stargate patterns have love and truth. Wherever there is compassion and humility, there is wisdom; that's the male component. And wherever there is love and truth, there is unity; that's the female component. On the first stargate pattern, which is arranged differently, wherever there is love and truth, there is beauty, which is the male component. And wherever there is trust and harmony, there is peace, the female component. So these mental/emotional states or stargate patterns become the most important possessions
you could have when you enter the higher worlds. They'll become even more essential each time you pass higher. Where does this process lead? When you reach the fourth dimension and see and understand your situation and begin to demonstrate your ability to control events, a funny thing begins to happen. Remember the painting on the Egyptian ceiling called the egg of morphosis [see chapter 10, Fig. 10-34a], the one with the red-orange oval over the heads of the Egyptians as they were making the 90-degree turn into the next world? Like them, you will begin to go through a metamorphosis. Like the butterfly, your body will rapidly change into something similar but uniquely different. "Pharaoh" means "that which you will become."

The first king given the name pharaoh was Akhenaten, with his lovely wife Nefertiti. If you want to know what you will become, there they are to see. The race they came from, the Sirians, are our father, and we carry the genes they have given us. At the right moment we will change into their race. It is a race designed for the fourth dimension. When it happens, you will say to yourself "Of course, I remember." The changes taking place in your body will feel so natural that you won't even think about it. Life in the next world will seem normal and ordinary once growth begins. You will have entered one of the three highest overtones of the fourth dimension, the tenth, eleventh or twelfth overtones. In one or more of these three worlds you will gain the knowledge and wisdom to move into the fifth dimension, the beginning of a return trip straight back to God, ever changing as the truth unfolds. The eyes of the universe are upon us, the great souls of the universe are following us closely. We are the children of God who offer the possibility of new life to life. In deepest gratitude, I thank you for being alive.
This Unique Transition
We have told you what normally happens when a planet transitions into the fourth dimension. Now we will propose a new theory of what may be happening here in the beginning of the 21" century of the third millennium on Earth. Occasionally a planet may enter into an anomaly in order to make the transition easier. It transits into the next dimension, but it recreates the old dimension in such a way as to complete the old karma and make a smoother transition into the next world. It is rare on a planetary basis, but possible. It usually requires a very high level of consciousness to initiate it, though, and this is almost always lacking. Edgar Cayce said that the axis of the Earth would change in the "winter of 1998," but it did not. Other predictions suggested that by August 11, 1999, we would have entered a higher dimension or destroyed ourselves, and it seems that we have not done that, either. Could it be that we already transitioned into the fourth dimension and don't know it? It is possible. This is a subject so vast that I can hardly contain it. Perhaps the best way is to discuss where this higher level of consciousness could be coming from that would be making this kind of change. It just may be that the new children of Earth, the leading edge of consciousness, are here just for this reason. Vast numbers of our children today are high spiritual beings who have come to Earth to help us with this transition into a new world. These new children have the ability to initiate the transition of this world into a new world through extraordinary means. We may be witnessing this miracle at this very moment in history. With their high level of universal understanding, they could re-create this world in the next world in such a way as to not lose a single soul—which is their desire, I believe. We would have to change Jesus' saying into "Many are called, and all are chosen." I believe he would be overjoyed. It has been the dream of the universe to transition every last soul, but it has never been possible before. How could children save a planet in such an extraordinary way? A child's pure innocence and love in the higher worlds is the source of harmonic creation itself. If these children are real, and they appear to be, then anything whatsoever is possible now. God may have just blessed us with His perfect grace".(complete text and illustrations on www.scribd.com)

timerty
11th December 2010, 22:25
I can answer this question for everyone. People will be afraid to die if they have no more chance to finish their experience or things-to-do on Earth.

atut
16th December 2010, 13:43
I am not afraid to die, but the "process" before dying.
I think most people not afraid to die, but the "process" of dying.

Let's think the "process" before dying. What if you have 10, 20, 30 minutes or even an hour of pain to suffer before dying?
Imagine if you are trapped with a broken leg and broken arm inside the building when earthquake happens. No food and no drink till you dead. You pee and defecate all in your pants, because you can't move.
Imagine when your arm and leg is tear/cut off hit by a bomb during the war, you have to suffer the pain for hours before you die.
Imagine you are being trapped inside the burning house, the smoke makes you can't breath and your body is burnt slowly with fire till you are dead.
etc, etc...

Can you think how much pain do you need to suffer before dying? Can you stand with that pain?
If lets say I can die in 0.000001 sec, then I am not afraid to die.

Zook
16th December 2010, 16:57
Hello Timerty,

I can answer this question for everyone. People will be afraid to die if they have no more chance to finish their experience or things-to-do on Earth.

I'm not sure that it's fear of death you're alluding to as much a dreading sense of emptiness.

ps: I think that those who post here on Avalon (undoubtedly monitored by spooks - as all major alternative websites are expected to be), and sling arrows at TMastardsTB ... have transcended our fear of dying. IMHO. To spooks who may be reading this ... hi there! Name's Zook. I've been having trouble with insomnia the last few decades. Can you give me some suggestions? How do you sleep at night?

pintorider
16th December 2010, 17:01
Afraid to die? Yes, absolutely. Terrified!

Victoria Tintagel
16th December 2010, 17:20
Uncle Zook:
ps: I think that those who post here on Avalon (undoubtedly monitored by spooks - as all major alternative websites are expected to be), and sling arrows at TMastardsTB ... have transcended our fear of dying. IMHO. To spooks who may be reading this ... hi there! Name's Zook. I've been having trouble with insomnia the last few decades. Can you give me some suggestions? How do you sleep at night?

Am I afraid to die? I don't know, haven't remembered it the last time I did :) I've lived the amount of 3 lives within 60 years. Without dying as far as I know. And re-incarnated, this year, while in my body, huuuhhh? How come? Don't know either. Do I have eternal life? I feel eternal, definitely, so...why should I be afraid to die, hmmmm? :) I do love to die and find myself in a world where I can click my fingers and there's instant manifestation of my thoughts! As a young girl I was completely sure of this possibility and furious about the time delay here on Earth. This was very humbling and beneficial to me. Who says that life on Earth is a valley of tears, hmmmmm? :) Have I answered the question? Sort of, I think :) Today death was a visitor in my home, my cat Tobias passed away and I find him very present in my room. He wasn't afraid at all, to die. He plays with his cat friends now, chasing dead mice :) Blessed be, Dutchess Tint.

jack
16th December 2010, 18:35
Hands up who thinks lifes more scary

*hand*

Lettherebelight
31st January 2011, 23:40
Chinese proverb:

A wise man thinks often of death.

Muzz
31st January 2011, 23:49
No. Do something that scares you every day. The soul cannot grow without change.

Mike
1st February 2011, 00:00
I'm not afraid to die. I'm much more concerned with suffering while I'm still here.

--sjktedwell this is it, isn't it? i've suffered severe illness and observed it working at hospitals, and this is what we all tend to forget. dying with dignity is mainly a myth. proud men and women are crying and soiling their diapers-invalided out of life. there's nothing adventurous or romantic about it at all. trust me. now i know, of course, that the thread is referring to the afterlife, which i hope and feel is a glorious place. i'm not afraid of leaving this world and arriving there either, but I've heard people(not so much you folks in this forum, but mainly my friends after a few pints of guinness;)) express this naive bravery about death and it drives me mad. a few lucky ones will leave the body quickly, but the majority of us will suffer quite a bit, and sometimes for very long periods before we actually die. so am i scared of death? hell, yes. not ashamed to admit it.

learninglight
1st February 2011, 00:29
Im not afraid of death never have been, its what happens when your time is up; but having said that i hope i don't have a long suffering death, even though i know i'm just in a 'shell' i don't want to suffer and i think thats what most people worry about

Charlie Pecos
1st February 2011, 00:38
Am I Afraid of dying? No. In fact, I would like to have a word with management.

jorr lundstrom
1st February 2011, 00:46
No I am not.

1st February 2011, 00:49
My birth is my death. My death is my birth.

I am excited for it, as I am excited for my life.

Lord Sidious
1st February 2011, 00:49
Being scared of death shows what state the consciousness is at.
Much like the caterpillar being scared, but then finding out that the butterfly is a much more satisfying state to exist in.
Death of the body should be regarded as being freed of this existance we have and its limitations.

Maria Stade
1st February 2011, 00:51
No there is no death Only LIFE !

All Love

Sol Va
1st February 2011, 00:53
Agree Shiva.
I was petrified of dying all my life
and then I almost did, I knew I would, it was an unavoidable head-on collision.
I was the epitome of grateful acceptance and calmness and closed my eyes waiting for the end.
the collision missed by about an inch. :-)
I was very surprised to have lived, and very surprised to have faced death with calmness.

you can only REALLY know if you are afraid of death when you are certain that you are at the MOMENT of death... by the way you FEEL then...just as you can only REALLY know that you are not afraid of negative reptilians when you ACTUALLY are confronted by one...it's easy to say or even believe something but when you actually EXPERIENCE it ,you will know what you REALLY feel about it...

ronbono57
1st February 2011, 01:31
NO Just of suffering on my way out. I'm more afraid of living too long.

Arrowwind
1st February 2011, 03:12
I've been around a lot of dying people. Hundreds really.
Those who are afraid to die mostly were those who were afraid to live
still filled with longings and regrets, unfinished business.
Sometimes its not that people are afraid to die
they are just dam mad that their time is up.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

NO Just of suffering on my way out. I'm more afraid of living too long.

They have some pretty good drugs now. Not that many people suffer like they use to...and pretty soon we'll be able to smoke all the pot we want.

silentghost80
1st February 2011, 03:22
"Son, are you happy?
I don't mean to pry,
but do you dream of Heaven?
Have you ever wanted to die?

SKAWF
1st February 2011, 03:27
no i'm not afraid.

by the time i'm finished with this body, it'll probably be falling to pieces anyway!

Ron Mauer Sr
1st February 2011, 04:14
No I am not afraid to die and I am not afraid to live.

On the pro side, I would enjoy having a youthful frisky vehicle again, if I needed a physical vehicle at all. And knowing that one does not need to get sick before one croaks, it would be nice to make a quick and peaceful exit before one gets sick.

Sometimes I look at the guy in the mirror, shake my finger at him, and say "Remember this! Don't you ever go anywhere again without clear conscious *connections* to your non-physical selves."

Kind of like the old commercial with Karl Malden when he said "Don't ever leave home without it!"

Rozzy
1st February 2011, 04:59
Dyeing, you have done it before.

I remember being some where before I was here and I am sure I will be some where else after.

Not exactly reincarnation (many lives in this present age) but perhaps other lives in other ages, or other lives in other places.

From as far back as I can remember, pre school age, I can remember being sent here from some where else.
I was attracted to the playground swing sets from the very start, I could swing real hard and jump off closing my eyes while I flew through the air and get a similar sensation as to the one I felt coming here in the first place. I will remember that as long as I live or until I die.:cool:

White Rabbit
1st February 2011, 05:42
I am more afraid for the one that I would leave behind... my son... maybe because I lost my mom when I was still a teenager and then my dad 10 years later... I want to spare him that pain, however I do not know who will go first so... death is a new beginning as long as it is just death of our vessel and not our spirit - our true selves.

Gajanana
1st February 2011, 06:11
Death? B.T.D.T! :whoo:

jorr lundstrom
1st February 2011, 06:32
Hoho, are you aware that half of us actually didnt answer the question.:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

Jorr

truthseekerdan
1st February 2011, 06:38
Hoho, are you aware that half of us actually didnt answer the question.:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

Jorr

Because you don't die -- you just leave...:wink:

jorr lundstrom
1st February 2011, 07:07
Because you don't die -- you just leave...:wink:

Does that mean you cant answer a simple yes/ no question?LOL

truthseekerdan
1st February 2011, 07:10
You can just vote in the poll if you wish...

Zepheriah
1st February 2011, 10:14
I'm not going to try to be brave or make myself appear to be macho, but i am truly unafraid of death.

I am afraid of leaving my partner and kids behind, of leaving all of the happy memories and experiences behind, however, i know i will take them with me. I don't like to think about it though truth be told as it genuinley makes me get quite emotional.

I know and understand what happens when the physical form dies, as i have been close before and saw such things. I know what happens when we go, and what happens to 'us' after we are gone. It does not make me fearful that i should experience it, infact, it makes me happy to know that i will.

joedjemal
1st February 2011, 10:17
Nope, looking forward to it when it happens. This body is getting uncomfortable to wear.

Lord Sidious
1st February 2011, 10:27
I have already died twice, only to be brought back once and restart once myself.
On one occasion, I had the entire near death experience and my field of vision became tunnelled and went black.
I don't fear the angel of death, I have met him.
Oh, and he will do me a favour later, he will free me from this paradigm I exist in so that I can go onto better things.

galactica
1st February 2011, 10:30
Are you afraid to live?

stomy
1st February 2011, 20:53
Death is not inevitable. The near-death experiences we describe it as a wonderful time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_death_experience

You can find more evidence as it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOhtjodjiQE

So why be afraid of death can happen at any time?
Be happy and help others to better speaking with our hearts

With Love

Daft Ada
1st February 2011, 21:10
I always answered that question by saying No, I am not afraid to die, then a few months ago I was diagnosed with Cancer and in a few weeks I am having major surgery, now there is a real possibility and I am only 58, yes I am afraid to die. Not for me, but for what it would do to my lovely wife and others who are close to me, and besides I still have lots I want to do :-(

stomy
1st February 2011, 21:20
I always answered that question by saying No, I am not afraid to die, then a few months ago I was diagnosed with Cancer and in a few weeks I am having major surgery, now there is a real possibility and I am only 58, yes I am afraid to die. Not for me, but for what it would do to my lovely wife and others who are close to me, and besides I still have lots I want to do :-(

I'm sure everything will go well and you can continue to love your wife:)

TheCougarandEagle
1st February 2011, 21:24
First off there IS NO DEATH. It does not exist. Therefore you pole does not make sense (to me) I am afraid of a painful physcial death, I am deeply concerened about living more reincarnations on Earth and being treated as I have in this life. I am more concerned HOW I choose to live my life which will guide where I go in the next. There are places I would fear, if I had lived an evil life. Yet in reality in my true understanding the way I have lived my life, it has opened Heaven in my next life.

Fred Steeves
1st February 2011, 21:24
Afraid to die, no. Afraid to die with dishonor, yes.

Cheers,
Fred S.

Mister_m
1st February 2011, 21:26
To quote Rumi - whoever bought be here will surely take me home.

I am more afraid of living a life that doesn't meet it's potential

Arrowwind
1st February 2011, 21:39

Yes, nothing like a wake up call to get you to the core of the issue.
I once faced the same thing you did, a diagnosis of melanoma at the age of 30. Was I afraid... most certainly. I had not acomplished anything I had hoped to at the time. And when the doctor told me that my chances of cure were 96% that 4% shadowed me for a long time.

Now much of what I had wished to do with life is done,the biggest things anyway, but I don't know if I would fare any better with such news at my current age.

I do hope you find ways to fortify yourself though your treatments. There is much that can be done. :hug:

Ernie Nemeth
1st February 2011, 23:55
No, I'm not afraid to die. I'm afraid to live in this world. I feel almost completely alone. None of my friends or family know what I know or believe what I believe. They think I am crazy. They do not want to hear my diatribes nor do they appreciate my corrections when they speak bull****. I do not watch TV, or listen to radio or read newspapers. I get all my information from alternate media and from books, not to mention my own internal guides. I have no place in this world. I cannot earn my keep consistently. I am awash in debt I can never repay. I cannot use banks or government social programs because of my quasi-criminal status. But I have no criminal record and I have never been in jail.
So, no, I am not afraid to die, I can hardly wait! At the same time, my only goal on this planet is to improve and prepare myself so that when I leave I never have to come back to this God-forsaken planet ever again.
By the way, I hate life in this prison-society but I love the people in it and yearn to help as much as I can.

NinjaPhil
2nd February 2011, 00:02
Not afraid to die, done it once already :P

I guess honestly I'd be afraid of the pain. So in that sense you could say yes. But then this is just the reaction to any kind of painful situation rather than death itself.

Circe
2nd February 2011, 17:50
your physical body are the roots and your soul is the flower I think most people on this forum are scared of the pain but not the dying part and I am no different, we go to our true home, just off topic for a second, as anyone had an OBE where you go to another dimension/astral realm where the walls are bluey grey?, I think this is the place where certain souls go when they have issues and will not let go of feelings and negative emotions from their last life(s) etc. I first went there during sleep state to take my wife to her recently passed over Father, I watched Dannion Brinkley and he describes the same grey bluey rooms and walls http://vodpod.com/watch/2542623-life-after-death-man-dies-3-times-has-info-2-share-

Anie
3rd February 2011, 01:20
I'm not afraid of death, more afraid of going so quickly since I'm young and still need to experience more things out of this life before I say I'm finished. I feel I need more understanding, more tools, to learn valuable lessons still. The lesson I'm on now is very hard, overcoming myself and not letting my past drama rule or effect my happiness or leading my life.

HeatherJJAnderson
3rd February 2011, 01:46
I am afraid of suffering. I am afraid of drowning in a car and the fear my body feels. I am afraid of burning alive and the pain that my body feels, I am not afraid of crossing over and the warmth that my soul feels.

Lord Sidious
3rd February 2011, 13:49
I am afraid of suffering. I am afraid of drowning in a car and the fear my body feels. I am afraid of burning alive and the pain that my body feels, I am not afraid of crossing over and the warmth that my soul feels.

Let go of your fear Heather, there is nothing to fear.
A life without fear is very interesting, let me tell you.
Have you ever seen the movie The Empire Strikes Back?
There is a scene where Luke Skywalker has to go into a tree strong with the dark side of the force and he asks Yoda what is in there.
He is told only what you take with you.

Terra
3rd February 2011, 14:06
Not at all worried here, in fact quite looking forward to a fresh start. Never beleived I would hit 30 so I'm lagging badly.

gong
4th February 2011, 01:46
I have voted no, as I don't a problem with dying at all.

However, I have got one point that I can't get into the poll result and that are my children. What I would be afraid of, is dying prematurely and leaving my children behind with the emotional drama and all the other implications. Horrible thought that

HeatherJJAnderson
4th February 2011, 02:01
If you were me, Lord and the things that I have done, and taken part in... If god exists then my judgement will not be a easy one, nor will it be glorious or filled with light. I take the darkness that I have inflicted on others, should I be fortunate enough to die.

Charlie Pecos
4th February 2011, 02:22
If you were me, Lord and the things that I have done, and taken part in... If god exists then my judgement will not be a easy one, nor will it be glorious or filled with light. I take the darkness that I have inflicted on others, should I be fortunate enough to die.

If I may, you will not be judged by anyone except yourself. Forgive yourself.

I mean this sincerely. I lost someone very dear in 2009 because he could not forgive himself.

We have all done things to be ashamed of. Only love awaits us on the other side.

And when your done forgiving yourself, love yourself.

I Care. Charlie

(In Loving Memory Of Steven Wayne Beauchamp. I miss you.)

Lord Sidious
4th February 2011, 03:21

Do you regret it and wish it never happened?
Not to escape punishment, but because it was wrong.

Star Gazer
4th February 2011, 03:27
I'm not not afraid to die.

BowMan
4th February 2011, 03:59
'Death is God's greatest gift to man.' Tolkein.
I voted no.

Whitehaze
4th February 2011, 04:27
Definately voted no. Having faced it a few times, and violently I might add, it was not frightening at all. It changed my views on many things, but there was no fear involved. I am sure I will face it again in the near future, and I will do it boldy. This is just one stop in preperation for a long journey, I look forward to the next stage in my evolution.

azure
6th March 2011, 17:04
No I am not afraid. Sometimes, I actually look forward to it. Hope that doesn't sound too morbid ...

White Rabbit
6th March 2011, 17:11

However, I have got one point that I can't get into the poll result and that are my children. What I would be afraid of, is dying prematurely and leaving my children behind with the emotional drama and all the other implications. Horrible thought that

I agree... i do not fear death as it is unavoidable, however my fear is leaving my son behind if I should go first..... I have lost both parents (one when I was 19 and the other 10 years later) and I do not want my son to go through that... but if it happens it happens what can I do? I live my life pushing that aside and live love and laugh...

Champion the Wonderhorse
6th March 2011, 17:30
Yes and No. I´m not afraid of death,
but i´m afraid of not dying without having bettered myself enough to choose wheter or not i´ll incarnate again and such decisions.
I´m afraid of dying with unsolved karma/ unfinished work I guess...

I agree with the above statement.
I've come close a couple of times. Whenb I was a little boy I was nearly hit by a speeding car. Out of the blue a man ran out from the street picked me up and put me on the other side. Never knew who he was, he just walked away. I was too young to realise what happened. But whoever he was I'd like to thank him here and now for his action and instant bravery.

Another time I was bashed over the head and unconscious for two days in hospital. The police were ready to write a murder charge. When I came round I just got up and walked out (I don't like hospitals).

I feel I am here for a purpose yet to be done. Once I've figured that out I'll sit back and enjoy the rest of my life and No I will not be afraid to die.

azure
6th March 2011, 17:33

Yea me too! That thought is unsettling a bit, but other than that I am ready as I feel that we never truly 'die'.

Chelle
6th March 2011, 17:33
Hi,
I didn't think I was afraid to die, until I almost died, then I realised I was very afraid.

I think the fear comes from being totally alone in the experience and fear of the unknown.

I also think it's quite reasonable to feel the fear of death, even if there is life after. Lets face it, it's not an experience we have everyday and hence unusual/new experiences can cause the pure feel of fear.

I know this sounds negative but I am just being honest.

Kindest Regards
Chelle

azure
6th March 2011, 17:34
I agree... i do not fear death as it is unavoidable, however my fear is leaving my son behind if I should go first..... I have lost both parents (one when I was 19 and the other 10 years later) and I do not want my son to go through that... but if it happens it happens what can I do? I live my life pushing that aside and live love and laugh...

Aww have faith that you shall reunite with your parents again, when it time for you! :)

w1ndmill
6th March 2011, 17:37
I'm not afraid to die, but I'm afraid of the negative effect it will have on my children, family and pets and for that I would rather be last man standing and turn of the light on my way out. It has nothing to do with regret or fear of pain. I am reminded of one forum member's signature which says something like Everyone wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die - how true!

What I'm more afraid of is coming back! lol ...

Shakespeare's Foot.
6th March 2011, 17:38
Sometimes there's a small fear but it's more in whether i'm doing all that i can (to be what i think i should and could be). But i guess that's the journey.

Sidney
6th March 2011, 17:54
I am not afraid of death itself, as a multitude of dimensions and journeys await outside of this realm. That said, the thought of being separated from my soul mate, my children, and my animals is a very sad one. Because of that I will hang on to each day with appreciation.

mondaze
6th March 2011, 18:53
nothing to fear here,as my late friend Bill once said...."it's just a ride"

DeDukshyn
6th March 2011, 19:16
It's much easier not fearing death when you learn that "death" is a lie. It's a bit more like getting naked until you find a new suit to wear ;-)