PDA

View Full Version : Lunar Time Lapse Nov. 14-15 The Moon acting very strange -tilted?

Carrera
16th November 2010, 18:10
"I don't think the Moon is supposed to do that" is one of the comment of this video, and I must say I agree! If this is true, it''s very odd! The video is made of time-lapsed photos from 11/14 - 11/15/2010 at 4pm-12am CST, East Central Missouri. The shadow of the moon 'falls' in a very strange way, and ends at the top of it. (Sorry I'm not good at explainig this in English, but its a short video to watch and see for yourselves)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbsiZRhDFGY

"....This may very well turn out to be normal occurrence, it's been suggested it's what's known as a 'wet moon'. Everything should be considered, and I'm hoping to get some more research on that. I wish wish wish I had a better camera because as has been pointed out it's the craters that seem also to be changing positions and I'm not at all sure that THAT is normal. I love looking at the moon but I must confess to having never noticed much the location of the craters at varying o'clock positions... after all it could be just the change in seasons/perspectives that's throwing me off.

However, when so many are reporting the sun is coming in at unusual angles and other anomalies, lotsa mentions of this, it should be looked into no doubt.

All pics came directly off the cam to the moviemaker with no editing. I hope someone can do this experiment again with a clearer shot for the craters. The atmospheric conditions were a bit moist so that sure didn't help with the clarity. My video editing skills are just being developed so bear with me on that one guys :)

From personal experience I don't remember seeing Cassiopeia so directly above the house before, and I seem to be seeing more stars then there should be in certain spots I have been looking at for years. Stars that I swear have not been there before. (?) After learning there's apparently more going on the upper atmospheres than we've been led to believe I suppose more instances of lights wouldn't be surprising. ;) Diggin thru star charts it seems that if Cassiopeia is overhead than the North Star would be as well - but I'm seriously not an expert here so I don't know if that's right. It honestly doesn't even seem to make sense as I'm saying it - lmao. If I discover everything's actually normal and it's just that I've suddenly gone bat sh*t crazy I will let you guys know!! :D Tonight if clear I will do some more research.

imo it's a rare moment that you feel a deep connection with our most ancient of ancestors in this day and age. But looking up lately and seeing things with what borders on a dizzying wonder, I seem to have felt that mysterious tug. A whisper that says 'Imagine what they must have thought to see the sun, moon and stars dance about the skies.' If true, what an amazing thing to witness - if it turns out to be nothing - well I still love trying to solve a good mystery :D..."

ArtyCarl
16th November 2010, 23:50
Here is a link to a very informative site describing 1001 things about the moons phases and angles which you might find useful as you try to comprehend your viewing:

http://www.astronomynotes.com/nakedeye/s13.htm