PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for Chinese, Indian, Vietnamese and other Asian members

A Voice from the Mountains
24th April 2015, 16:12
I'm exploring how the history of human civilization is taught in non-western nations such as China, India, Vietnam, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, etc.

I'm anticipating that the education system will be slightly more westernized in India, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, though I could be wrong. India because of the occupation by the British, who were largely the ones dictating the western hemisphere's historical narrative to everyone else, and Japan because of its subservience to the US since WW2, which also dictates history to others, and Korea and Taiwan for similar reasons.

Countries like China and Vietnam are more interesting to me because they seem to have been under less western influence.

In the west, the conventional history of civilization as it is taught in public schools and major universities appears fundamentally derived from the Bible. I say that because, just as the Bible teaches, the Middle East is regarded as the "cradle of civilization" with Sumeria, Babylon, etc. This is despite the fact that there are plenty of ancient sites all over the world that are much older than Sumeria, from Japan, to India, Turkey, the Balkans, the Caribbean, etc. And as history moves into around 800 BC, 500 BC, the shift moves from exclusively Middle Eastern toward Greece and Rome, which of course are also important to the Bible.

This historical focus seems to date back at least to Medieval times, and is full of misrepresentations, heavy bias toward European viewpoints, and an equally heavy neglect of the histories of other civilizations. This has only began to change very recently.

And this is why I'd like to talk to anyone from non-western nations to discuss how the history of civilization is taught in their country.

Lifebringer
24th April 2015, 17:26
Me too bsbray. I would love to learn the Credo Mutuwa's story of civilization also. Seems if people came together and shared the knowledge comparing, then we'd be able to figure out by more than one story, like Zezudra/Noah's flood. A lot of other civilizations also speak of this flood and how Noah received the warning by dream.

Let me know if you reach someone or some peoples here, that will tell us. I feel really bad that my Dad's side of religion is lost until Yeshua comes, but I do have my Native American history from Mom and Grand parents on the trail of tears.

Erich
24th April 2015, 22:23
I recommend the James Horak interviews called, a refined cosmology. Most Asian countries adopted colonial histories and added their own bs to it.

lucidity
24th April 2015, 23:12
Well.. if their histories tell the truth about colonialism, they probably
think westerners are liars, swindlers, thieves, rapists and murderers.
And that assessment, unfortunately, would be fair.

Looking back to the opium wars and the conquest of Asia by
the British, the mass murders everyone (women and children included),
the induced addiction of members of the Chinese elite... enforced
slavery. It's really a litany of evil.

I hope that they forget.. but that we in the west dont.

be happy

lucidity :-)

Tangri
24th April 2015, 23:17
I'm exploring how the history of human civilization is taught in non-western nations such as China, India, Vietnam, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, etc.

I'm anticipating that the education system will be slightly more westernized in India, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, though I could be wrong. India because of the occupation by the British, who were largely the ones dictating the western hemisphere's historical narrative to everyone else, and Japan because of its subservience to the US since WW2, which also dictates history to others, and Korea and Taiwan for similar reasons.

Countries like China and Vietnam are more interesting to me because they seem to have been under less western influence.

In the west, the conventional history of civilization as it is taught in public schools and major universities appears fundamentally derived from the Bible. I say that because, just as the Bible teaches, the Middle East is regarded as the "cradle of civilization" with Sumeria, Babylon, etc. This is despite the fact that there are plenty of ancient sites all over the world that are much older than Sumeria, from Japan, to India, Turkey, the Balkans, the Caribbean, etc. And as history moves into around 800 BC, 500 BC, the shift moves from exclusively Middle Eastern toward Greece and Rome, which of course are also important to the Bible.

This historical focus seems to date back at least to Medieval times, and is full of misrepresentations, heavy bias toward European viewpoints, and an equally heavy neglect of the histories of other civilizations. This has only began to change very recently.

And this is why I'd like to talk to anyone from non-western nations to discuss how the history of civilization is taught in their country.

Actually, the history of civilization goes 10.500 BC.(do not assume it was Human civilization) In Turkey there are some sites as a proof.(Please see gobekli tepe )
https://www.google.ca/search?q=gobekli+tepe&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=979&tbm=isch&imgil=EUI-TE33_6ScXM%253A%253BREjFlWKcot9AnM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fscience.nationalgeographic.com%25252 Fscience%25252Farchaeology%25252Fphotos%25252Fgobekli-tepe%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=EUI-TE33_6ScXM%253A%252CREjFlWKcot9AnM%252C_&usg=__MOdUtcw3d_rjxKFBPLEM5tI2Bh8%3D&ved=0CIMBEMo3&ei=cMw6Vee1JJGN7AbJxoHQBw#imgrc=_

They managed to grow 4.000 years old lentil from a seed which came from excavation site. (check google translate)
http://www.milliyet.com.tr/--bin-yillik-tohum-cimlendi/gundem/gundemdetay/15.12.2009/1174071/default.htm

As other sciences, Archaeology and history are heavily controlled by certain group.
Since digging requires big budgets, guess who the supporters are.

eHG9URGDt6s

KiwiElf
25th April 2015, 00:03
Unfortunately, history is told in the words of the victors...

A Voice from the Mountains
25th April 2015, 04:10
I recommend the James Horak interviews called, a refined cosmology. Most Asian countries adopted colonial histories and added their own bs to it.

That's what I'm afraid of. But still I hold out hope. :)

Well.. if their histories tell the truth about colonialism, they probably
think westerners are liars, swindlers, thieves, rapists and murderers.
And that assessment, unfortunately, would be fair.
[...]
I hope that they forget.. but that we in the west dont.

It would probably be best if we all remembered. I wasn't personally responsible for it, I wouldn't approve of it and I think we should all be honest about it. It's not like we citizens of western nations haven't been exploited by our own governments, either. We're all in that boat together.

Ellisa
25th April 2015, 07:30
First it will be necessary to define 'civilization' I think.

Lancet
25th April 2015, 08:55
I am from Malaysia, and studied in both Malaysia and Singapore. Both are ex-British colonies. I would say that it is now a conventional education system like other developing or developed countries, and many people here regard a Western degree (UK, US) as being better for a good future. Asians place high emphasis on education and the pressure is intense, which is partly due to the selection criteria in universities. If one can pay for uni, then one can choose. If not, its better to be the best. National universities in Asia choose and have the final say in who they want and where they want them.

many see education as a ticket out of poverty, and there is still much of that here

i cant say much about lost wisdom or knowledge Asians may have because i really dont know.

some things that majority of chinese believe 1) feng shui 2) baji. these two are of central importance. also names given at birth.

As for "real life" education and the things that we share here, all i can say is that we lead ourselves to this place and down this path.

syrwong
25th April 2015, 14:16
This is an interesting and important work you are undertaking. The fundamental means of control after conquest is through history, rewriting history, obliterating history so that after a generation or two, nothing is remembered by the slave descendants. They take the controllers as parents. This is the basic picture.

I dont know how history is taught in China. Decades ago in Hong Kong when I did my high school, Chinese history was taught normally, except contemporary history (after Ching) was not taught and there was no critcism of the actions of western imperialist powers in Ching history. Ironically both Chinese History and History(world) were taken out of the main syllabus after the return of HK to China. Young people know so little about contemporary Chinese history or a distorted view if any that anti-Chinese and pro American sentiments are prevalent, as can be seen from their majority support of Occupy Central. This is also achieved by the overwheming Cabalist control of the media here. Seems strange, but that is the way it is.

Tangri
25th April 2015, 20:34
First it will be necessary to define 'civilization' I think.

It is very simple. Just put an adjective like human, Leviathan, pantheon, tartarusian, doliones, argonaut or X.

leavesoftrees
26th April 2015, 11:44
Laird Scranton's work is interesting. His book China's Cosmological Prehistory: The Sophisticated Science Encoded in Civilization?s Earliest Symbols compares ancient China with ancient Egypt and the Dogon, looking and comparing their hieroglyphs to a unifying cosmology common to these ancient civilizations. Worth a read.