PDA

View Full Version : How do you all keep motivated??

Olam
31st May 2015, 16:27
What an irony it is to me to realize that despite my 12 year efforts of working on myself, discovering how the world really is, and generally attempting to live a real life, I still have so much difficulty keeping the motivation to go forward.
I see my unawakened friends blissfully going about their lives, doing this, doing that, always on the go, generally looking to have a good time and I wonder why am I not the one doing this?!!

All of us here, knowing what we know can make for a difficult existence, at least for me it is,
and so please school me on how you all go forward in this life knowing what you know!

I have been working so hard on myself, yet here I am, no more career, struggling to have just enough money to exist. I don't even have my own place right now and have to rent a room at a friends place, wondering where my life will go.
I still wonder what will be my life's work once its done!

I generally feel like some bird who can't fly.
I jump off the branch, only to fall flat on my belly, a bit bruised but mainly insulted.
I get all my energy, climb back to safety and just sit there wondering if I should try one more time. After a while, I finally get off my butt and jump again, only to land again once more on the ground. Its been years now where I have tried to fly off and be the great bird I am destined to be, but I can't seem to have the wings for it.

Keeping motivated to find my true path has been the most difficult thing I have had to do in this life, yet, I know I will have to find the wings soon enough.
I feel like I am wasting my life away, one day at time and it has to change at some point.

So how do you all do it?
Those of you that have found your beautiful wings, how did it happen?
:bigsmile:

joeecho
31st May 2015, 17:07
This may not help but I will say it anyway.

You have wings now and exercising them offers an element of experience but when one is ready, one will not need them.

There is a hint of this in the movie, The Matrix (1999)

http://divinepollination.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/wont-dodge-bullets.jpg

https://thunderf00tdotorg.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/life-matrix-bullet-stop-cheat-codes-life-demotivational-poster-1245112392.jpg

(If this does not make sense to you now, someday it may)

betoobig
31st May 2015, 17:30
thanks Olam for the thread. I feel like you so many times but suddenly i let it go and enjoy every moment but then, again, need to reboost. I really don´t know how, i guees i do not expect anything anymore, surrender time. Today i am feeling better but i had a few days last week felling like you do. Looking forward for more answers. You are not alone, keep that in mind please.
LOVE
Juan

Tesla_WTC_Solution
31st May 2015, 17:45
Let me know when you find out how the others keep motivated,
I sure don't know anymore :)

Olam
31st May 2015, 17:57
This may not help but I will say it anyway.

You have wings now and exercising them offers an element of experience but when one is ready, one will not need them.

There is a hint of this in the movie, The Matrix (1999)

http://divinepollination.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/wont-dodge-bullets.jpg

https://thunderf00tdotorg.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/life-matrix-bullet-stop-cheat-codes-life-demotivational-poster-1245112392.jpg

(If this does not make sense to you now, someday it may)

Yes I get this, problem is I want to be ready now and not in the last year of this life!
I'm ready, really ready, I tell you I'm ready, now!!

Bubu
31st May 2015, 18:08
Let me know when you find out how the others keep motivated,
I sure don't know anymore :)

Me too ;):)

Midnight Rambler
31st May 2015, 18:18
I have a son named Steven. He's two and a half years old now. I have read that kids smile four time more than adults do, but having a kid makes you smile four times more than usual, I found out. :-)

This is not a solution to your problem, I know. But it is an answer to the question of this thread.

I do my best for my kid and in the process I am helping myself as well. Sometimes I think that it should have been better to have kids earlier. But who knows if that would be the case, right?

Maybe it is good to know about the situation in the world, but to not expose yourself to the horror of the wars going on right now. I know the situation in the world without having to know every gory detail. Those details really upset me and it leaves scars on my soul. I don't have to carry the weight of the world and nor should you. And there is so much information out there and it is sometimes so unclear what is true and what is not. Getting all angry about it doesn't help me and therefore it doesn't help the lovely people around me. Do you get what I am trying to say?

I am not unaffected by what is happening but I watch out to not let it affect me to the point I can't function to the best of my abilities.

Camilo
31st May 2015, 18:21
By permanently communicating with my Mighty Higher Self/I AM presence, otherwise I'd have left this plane long ago.

Gaia
31st May 2015, 18:37
Motivation is more than something that you just do and then you magically feel better. You can't really stay motivated all of the time; there will be moments in your life where you will lose motivation even if you are doing what you love. This means that you have to build habits that will keep you going even when you are un-motivated to do so. Invest time in activities which make you happy! Keep reading some inspiring stories periodically! Music is a powerful way to keep oneself alive!

"Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air...but only for one second without hope."

So always have hope and believe in yourself!!

ZooLife
31st May 2015, 18:45
Motivation, what excellent subject matter! If I was more motivated I would want to understand it better. (a little humor)

Meditation, Music and Humor help me with motivation but I am certainly not an expert at it.

Guish
31st May 2015, 19:00
Olam. The truth is that there are things you can control and things you can't control. There's no need to overthink about the misery of the world. Do your best. This is all you can do. Don't be negative about the situation as you'll attract more negativity. Surrender to the moment and do your best. My life changed a lot when I stopped expecting things. I got a promotion, got a kid and stayed healthier. Get out of the Matrix like Joechho mentioned.

Olam
31st May 2015, 19:19
I have a son named Steven. He's two and a half years old now. I have read that kids smile four time more than adults do, but having a kid makes you smile four times more than usual, I found out. :-)

This is not a solution to your problem, I know. But it is an answer to the question of this thread.

I do my best for my kid and in the process I am helping myself as well. Sometimes I think that it should have been better to have kids earlier. But who knows if that would be the case, right?

Maybe it is good to know about the situation in the world, but to not expose yourself to the horror of the wars going on right now. I know the situation in the world without having to know every gory detail. Those details really upset me and it leaves scars on my soul. I don't have to carry the weight of the world and nor should you. And there is so much information out there and it is sometimes so unclear what is true and what is not. Getting all angry about it doesn't help me and therefore it doesn't help the lovely people around me. Do you get what I am trying to say?

I am not unaffected by what is happening but I watch out to not let it affect me to the point I can't function to the best of my abilities.

I have a daughter, she is 16 now, adopted.
I can tell you she has saved my life many times.
Yes, any child will always bring a smile to my face, every time.
This is a saving grace as well as a burden....
I love to be there for her, she was born 2 days before me and so we are the same in many ways.
She truly is a great friend and she needs me as much as I need her, so that is my main motivation.
At the same time, because I want to be there for her, I prevent myself from going away too far too long.
I always say that if my daughter was not there I would travel the world and just be.
I would not try to flee my problems, I would just be the nomad I always been.
So in a way, its great to be with her and in another way, I am tied to stay close where there are no opportunities for me these days.
I had past lives sessions done and my daughter saved my life and was there to help me a few times, so in a way I pay her back by being there
even if it means having a difficult time just getting by.
Sometimes, being there for my daughter is not enough anymore!

Olam
31st May 2015, 19:23
By permanently communicating with my Mighty Higher Self/I AM presence, otherwise I'd have left this plane long ago.

I have been in that zone in the last year and its helped so much.
My main problem is the painful reality that we need money to function and right now, I struggle to maintain basic minimum.
I have to be honest and say that I refuse to work 60 hours a week in a corner store at $10/hr , that would not be living and so I am partially responsable for my problem since I could do that work.
I also have to say that I have a 28 year career that is no more because of the economic state we are in.
I used to make 80 grand a year on average and I should be at the top of my economic form right now, so thats why its difficult for me.

sirdipswitch
31st May 2015, 19:28
EGO!!! Without an absolutely MASSIVE EGO... pushinginginging me ever onward... telling me I am God...I would have never... achieved my goal...

Olam
31st May 2015, 19:29
Motivation is more than something that you just do and then you magically feel better. You can't really stay motivated all of the time; there will be moments in your life where you will lose motivation even if you are doing what you love. This means that you have to build habits that will keep you going even when you are un-motivated to do so. Invest time in activities which make you happy! Keep reading some inspiring stories periodically! Music is a powerful way to keep oneself alive!

"Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air...but only for one second without hope."

So always have hope and believe in yourself!!

Yes, thanks for this.
I really don't want to sound so pessimistic, but I been doing this for so many years!
Its like I need more!
This being said, you can see how being creative for me is important in that art thread.
That motivation comes and goes and I don't control it, but I am happy its with me.
I guess it all boils down to the fact that I have tried almost everything we can think of,
Ayahuasca, that saved me,still does as I don't feel like a victim of life anymore.
I been learning all kinds of meditations, many different healing methods, Krishnamurti teachings, Bashar,
So many hours in my life reading,listening, searching,learning......
still not there!
I even did some major healing of being abandoned by my parents for the first 6 months of my life.
Just to be clear, I was brought to my aunt who took great care of me, but I needed my mother's presence.
I worked very hard to heal this and I did, but still....I have not found what I'm looking for which is basically what am I here for...
:-)

Olam
31st May 2015, 19:33
EGO!!! Without an absolutely MASSIVE EGO... pushinginginging me ever onward... telling me I am God...I would have never... achieved my goal...

To each his own I guess!
The ego subject,....massive subject, very opaque.
I tried removing it,,,,,imposible
I tried honoring it.....got out of control
I tried using it just at the right moment......still sneaks up on me only to realize that to late
I now just correct it on the spot when it wants to totally control a situation.....still learning to do that

Olam
31st May 2015, 19:37
Olam. The truth is that there are things you can control and things you can't control. There's no need to overthink about the misery of the world. Do your best. This is all you can do. Don't be negative about the situation as you'll attract more negativity. Surrender to the moment and do your best. My life changed a lot when I stopped expecting things. I got a promotion, got a kid and stayed healthier. Get out of the Matrix like Joechho mentioned.

Yes, been on working on those for a while now and have made great progress.
Surrendering is tricky, again, I tried surrendering fully, but at some point I need to take control of my life in some way.
I guess I sound negative right now, but no, I just am facing the facts.
Its difficult to not expect anything when you have 60 dollars in the bank and no new money coming in, but I hear you...

Gaia
31st May 2015, 19:39

My main problem is the painful reality that we need money to function and right now, I struggle to maintain basic minimum.
I have to be honest and say that I refuse to work 60 hours a week in a corner store at $10/hr , that would not be living and so I am partially responsable for my problem since I could do that work.
I also have to say that I have a 28 year career that is no more because of the economic state we are in.
I used to make 80 grand a year on average and I should be at the top of my economic form right now, so thats why its difficult for me.

I finally gave up on finding a full time job that would challenge me and offer me enough responsibility and went into contracting. Sometimes I end up in something boring, other times I end up working on a project that offers me some mental stimulation and that I enjoy. But even when I’m working on something mind numbing and dull, at least I always know it’s only temporary, and I will soon be on to something else. Next september I'm going back full times at University. I am 49 years old and lots of hope...

Olam
31st May 2015, 19:40
So I just want to mention that I do thank you all for your input.
I don't want to sound pessimistic and negative, even if I feel like thats what I am doing.
I am enjoying everyones input, even if I sound like I have done all that already!
really, I have to say, I have tried so many things, studied so much, I am at the end of options, so I thank you all for your wisdom.
At a minimum, its so great to see that I am not the only one in my position...

Olam
31st May 2015, 19:45

I finally gave up on finding a full time job that would challenge me and offer me enough responsibility and went into contracting. Sometimes I end up in something boring, other times I end up working on a project that offers me some mental stimulation and that I enjoy. But even when I’m working on something mind numbing and dull, at least I always know it’s only temporary, and I will soon be on to something else. Next september I'm going back full times at University. I am 49 years old and lots of hope...

I admire your determination, I just never understood how someone can go to university at that age , which I guess means you will keep working on contracts?
I love learning, I am very much an erudite and love that, but it does not pay the rent!
I'm 48 myself and would just love to have my career back and get on with living a full life because I can afford it.
All I wish is to have the means to do what I want to do which would be many many good things for many people including myself and daughter,parents.

ZooLife
31st May 2015, 19:52
Keep thinking creatively in regards to your economic situation. You are clearly an intelligent person and you will find a way. Do not let 'yourself' or anyone else convince you of anything different.

Troy Martin
31st May 2015, 20:02

Gaia
31st May 2015, 20:11
[/QUOTE]

I admire your determination, I just never understood how someone can go to university at that age , which I guess means you will keep working on contracts?
I love learning, I am very much an erudite and love that, but it does not pay the rent!
I'm 48 myself and would just love to have my career back and get on with living a full life because I can afford it.
All I wish is to have the means to do what I want to do which would be many many good things for many people including myself and daughter,parents.[/QUOTE]

In this day and age, people work until they are 70, so you might as well be doing what you want to be doing. If I have to work another 20 years, I want to be doing something where I feel fulfilled and energized. That's probably the future I deserve :)

To that I’d say only this, it costs too much and then, that future was no better than the present one, on the road that I’m on.

But on the road that I’m on I must continue; if I do nothing, if I don’t study, if I don’t keep on trying, then I’m lost, then woe betide me. That’s how I see this, to keep on, keep on, that’s what’s needed.
But what’s your ultimate goal, you’ll say. That goal will become clearer, will take shape slowly and surely, as the croquis becomes a sketch and the sketch a painting, as one works more seriously, as one digs deeper into the originally vague idea, the first fugitive, passing thought, unless it becomes firm.

Vincent van Gogh ( Letters to Theo)

christian
31st May 2015, 20:12
So how do you all do it?

Doing stuff that I love. Getting into the flow.

Be good to yourself, otherwise it'll be hard to be good to anyone else. Enjoy, otherwise it'll be hard to enjoy you.

http://static4.quoteswave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Follow-your-bliss-and-the-universe.jpg

Orph
31st May 2015, 20:14
I'm in the same boat as you. My life consists of going to work just to pay the bills, and then, .... well, ........... after that it's pretty much nothing. I feel the same things you mentioned in your opening post. Sort of a great big "What-the-hell's-the-point of all this" type of thing.

As for motivation, .... when I sit quiet for a bit and think of my 'self', the situation and stuff like that, I come to the realization that I can't really give up because I'm still alive. That there really isn't anything to do but to keep on going. Things don't look so promising anymore as I'm running out of time in this life. But, I'm still breathing so I may as well push forward.

Olam
Troy, I will take a bit of time before I respond fully as the energy in your message is abundant and I need time to absorb.....
peace to you

ghostrider
learning in this life , to be mindful of nature's balance , and kindness to our fellow man, so that in the next incarnation , a step in evolution can occur , and life on Earth will get better for everyone ... when we are more loving and understanding , it's all the motivation I need , knowing it's up to me to better myself and prepare for the next go around , to try harder and harder to make people think about the way they think , their actions , and feelings and how it affects the Earth and the cosmos ... thoughts go out like a wave from the ocean, from person to person planet to planet , the whole system is affected by the way we think ...

Olam
31st May 2015, 20:45
So how do you all do it?

Doing stuff that I love. Getting into the flow.

Be good to yourself, otherwise it'll be hard to be good to anyone else. Enjoy, otherwise it'll be hard to enjoy you.

http://static4.quoteswave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Follow-your-bliss-and-the-universe.jpg

I would say that this is one of my biggest challenges, I honestly don't know what I like these days.
I have tried many different activities, all kinds of creations, sports, hobbies, I cannot say I know what I like these days, its a bit foggy...
I am truly sorry to say all this, but I am honest.
Maybe I should get into some kind of social work, helping the homeless, the elderly, something like that which I have not yet tried.
I had this idea of going about old folk retirement homes and making interviews with them, letting then express all the wisdom they have inside.
I would then have to find some way of putting this out there in some form, like a documentary or something like that...

Iloveyou
31st May 2015, 20:59
Welcome to the club Olam, i guess you are in best company.

I get the image that here is somebody speaking who sets very high standards and demands for himself, who is very aware, but it never seems to be enough. Life has to be difficult, one has to struggle, to work hard and of course one has to fail every single time to keep the game running. How familiar this sounds to me.

Let go. Give up. There's nothing, you have to do. Nothing you can do. Hard work and struggle leads into a vicious circle. Let go of all what comes to your mind, maybe it feels like dying. You are already walking your path right on. You ARE the great, beautiful bird. I (and i think we all) can see that, and your beauty. You open up, you share, I see you, I hear you and you make me cry.

Me too, I have no advice, no solutions. Perhaps there's a child inside you, that wants to play, that needs to be loved. A little bird at the end of its tether, that needs the help of the great one. The only thing that counts is to make yourself happy, then you'll make all the people around you happy automatically. What other 'work' is there to be done. Okay, there is more, but that will follow then.

Have I found my beautiful wings? Well, yes, I'm very aware of them, sitting on the branch, flapping my wings, presenting them proudly to my neighbours on the tree, but I've never jumped off the branch once, never used them to fly. A different game, yet the same.

Thinking of you, ILY.

edit: haven't read yet the new posts since 21:00, so maybe I have to edit again . .

Olam
31st May 2015, 21:18
So how do you all do it?

I think I may know what you're going through. I live on social security disability income ($9000/year). People like us are generally thought of as a waste in society and should be shot/euthanized because we're not contributors and are just leeches (referring to gov benefits). I've stood on the street with no friends, no family, no one that knows me, and without a roof over my head and no one who cares. I've attempted suicide (overdose+alcohol) knowing I'll more than likely never have a life, live on the land, have a relationship and have to live so poor I'll lose everything and have to lose all that I have. I have lost almost everything, except for my clothes and laptop and cell phone. I sleep on a 1 inch pad on the floor and have a rescued kitchen table for a desk and a few chairs I found at the dumpster. I've learned a few things.

1. Millions of people die everyday and every single one survives it (and lives as spirit). I might just be one of those people someday. I had to accept that I may never get to do what I'd really like to do with my life. Letting go I can find peace, enough to live my life even if by average standards I technically don't have one and then maybe I can focus on doing something productive even if it doesn't make me any money. The book on my website, I wrote it in a homeless shelter on my smart phone (2013).

Here I am editing my book in the shelter on my bunk - well, my leg anyway.
http://www.weebly.com/uploads/9/5/9/7/9597571/____3903647_orig.jpg

I've had people thank me for what I've shared so far. Me, a two-time high school drop out with a GED who's a homeless "bum" helping "upstanding college educated and 'responsible' citizens". Imagine that. I'm seeding ideas and although I'm no popular teacher, never went to school for what I'm teaching/sharing, and am still broke, I am changing the world. I haven't made a dime from my book but I'm still motivated.

2. Envying what other people have is not wise. The only thing of any true value in life is a sane soul. People go out and have fun not because they have a life but because they're burying their pain. Fun is a consciousness distracting activity that causes one to become unconscious of their karma/pain so that they can give themselves an illusion/delusion of happiness and success, but sooner or later their balloon will pop and will be where you were at 12 years ago. Just because someone's smiling and having fun doesn't mean they're successful. In truth, there's no reason to envy them.

In the end, I own virtually nothing, live and dress like a bum, have no friends or family, can't even afford to replace my holy underwear but in my soul, I'm rich beyond belief. In the end your self-work will pay off but you'll have to walk through the shadow of the valley of death to get there which means you'll have to feel every emotion that doesn't feel good and own it because that's the only thing that is between you and happiness. Hope this helps, Olam. :)

Troy you are my hero right now....I don't know how I could handle your situation, I hope this is not insulting...
I will carry your energy in the message with me for a while as its beautiful.
I wish none of us humans would have to go thru all this, but then again, you are a much wiser soul after this experience I am sure.
I can't express fully what your message means to me, but I thank you....

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Welcome to the club Olam, i guess you are in best company.

I get the image that here is somebody speaking who sets very high standards and demands for himself, who is very aware, but it never seems to be enough. Life has to be difficult, one has to struggle, to work hard and of course one has to fail every single time to keep the game running. How familiar this sounds to me.

Let go. Give up. There's nothing, you have to do. Nothing you can do. Hard work and struggle leads into a vicious circle. Let go of all what comes to your mind, maybe it feels like dying. You are already walking your path right on. You ARE the great, beautiful bird. I (and i think we all) can see that, and your beauty. You open up, you share, I see you, I hear you and you make me cry.

Me too, I have no advice, no solutions. Perhaps there's a child inside you, that wants to play, that needs to be loved. A little bird at the end of its tether, that needs the help of the great one. The only thing that counts is to make yourself happy, then you'll make all the people around you happy automatically. What other 'work' is there to be done. Okay, there is more, but that will follow then.

Have I found my beautiful wings? Well, yes, I'm very aware of them, sitting on the branch, flapping my wings, presenting them proudly to my neighbours on the tree, but I've never jumped off the branch once, never used them to fly. A different game, yet the same.

Thinking of you, ILY.

edit: haven't read yet the new posts since 21:00, so maybe I have to edit again . .

Thank you ILY, thank you very much, I see you too....
Come fly by my branch some day, bring a lunch, we would have much to say...

Jayke
31st May 2015, 23:45
That motivation comes and goes and I don't control it, but I am happy its with me.
I guess it all boils down to the fact that I have tried almost everything we can think of,
Ayahuasca, that saved me,still does as I don't feel like a victim of life anymore.
I been learning all kinds of meditations, many different healing methods, Krishnamurti teachings, Bashar,
So many hours in my life reading,listening, searching,learning......
still not there!
I even did some major healing of being abandoned by my parents for the first 6 months of my life.
Just to be clear, I was brought to my aunt who took great care of me, but I needed my mother's presence.
I worked very hard to heal this and I did, but still....I have not found what I'm looking for which is basically what am I here for...

Motivation isn't as mysterious as most people think, the main problem is focusing on the wrong kind of motivation and hoping to use it as a more enduring and sustainable form of motivation.

The popular methods of self-development like meditation, healing past trauma issues, clearing out emotional blockages, studying and learning spiritual concepts to create more positive mindsets...these are all great for gaining mastery over the nervous system, the ability to remain upbeat, unperturbed by the ups and downs of life, to remain positive, relaxed and thriving in stressful situations.

What most people don't realise is that the nervous system is a very reactive system, it's motivation comes from responding quickly to external stimuli, it strives for homeostasis by maintaining equilibrium with your environment but once homeostasis is attained, motivation runs dry until the next stressful stimuli enters your environment and you feel moved to deal with it again.

Following your bliss is good to an extent but once people attain bliss they lose drive, the nervous system maintains an optimal state of homeostasis so all you feel energised to do is relax, unwind, chill and take zero action towards your goals (why bother putting more strain into your body with creative effort when you're already blissed out right?)

So what's the next step in taking control of your life and gaining mastery of your reality?

After mastering the nervous system by clearing out emotional blockages and bringing an unwavering state of imperturbability to your mindset, the next step is to forget about the nervous system altogether and focus on mastering your endocrine system i.e hormones.

The word hormone comes from the Greek and means 'to rouse activity or to set in motion'.

Hormones influence activity in a more long term, enduring and sustainable way. So it's the role of the endocrine system to proactively stimulate long term motivation and trigger enduring daily action towards life long goals.

Understanding the role of hormones in proactive action taking helps you realise why companies like Monsanto spend billions on controlling the endocrine polluting hormone disruptors they pump into the food supply with their pesticides, why estrogen mimicking BPA is used in plastic food containers, and why processed food contains so much glucose and fructose to destabilise insulin levels and send the body out of whack. These companies want a population that's motivated enough to reactively work 40 hours a week in a 'day job of doom' but then depleted, lifeless and vegging out once they get home, devoid of any proactive, life-changing, creativity and drive.

The importance of hormones in long term motivation was well understood in the ancient world, especially among the Greeks, Egyptians and particularly well studied by the Chinese. Giving rise to the field of herbal medicine or spagyrics (herbal alchemy in the western mystery traditions).

The most revered herbs and elixirs are those that possess adaptogenic properties, the herbs that intelligently balance out hormones and help bring the endocrine system back into balance.

So to sum up, the nervous system is responsible for our general state of well being but its motivation is short lived and reactive. The endocrine system is responsible for growth, movement, action and long term motivation. It creates a proactive drive to succeed and compels us to act on what the nervous system only ever dreams about.

Great article on adaptogenic herbs for more info:
http://www.heart-health-guide.com/adaptogens.html

That's how I keep myself motivated anyway, in addition to daily meditation, exercise and mindfulness, try throwing a little bit of herbal alchemy into the mix and see how that helps kickstart your productivity and drive.

Let me know if you have any questions as this is a subject I struggled with for years before figuring out how these systems work together to help people get what they want out of life.

Bubu
1st June 2015, 00:41
http://www.clarity-of-being.org/affirmations.htm

This Link is shared by betoobig in this thread http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?82573-Confessions-of-an-AWOL-Light-Worker. I think this is appropriate here so I am re posting it.

The fact that we are looking to be motivated mean to me that we are looking at the wrong direction. Once we are able to accept ourselves and be ourselves at all aspects there would be no need for motivation. Motivation is only necessary for us to do that which we think we should be doing, in other words because we are comparing ourselves to those seem to have wings to fly. IMO

Olam
1st June 2015, 01:17
This Link is shared by betoobig in this thread http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?82573-Confessions-of-an-AWOL-Light-Worker. I think this is appropriate here so I am re posting it.

The fact that we are looking to be motivated mean to me that we are looking at the wrong direction. Once we are able to accept ourselves and be ourselves at all aspects there would be no need for motivation. Motivation is only necessary for us to do that which we think we should be doing, in other words because we are comparing ourselves to those seem to have wings to fly. IMO[/QUOTE]

Well its true that I try to motivate myself to have something better than it is, so accepting what is needs no motivation....hummmm,
I will have a nice walk with this in mind....
thanks!

Bubu
1st June 2015, 07:35
You're welcome buddy, if I may add motivation do come in an unexpected time and form. Numerous thread have been written about , inspiration and how to utilize our full potential. But from experience L have learned that only the universe can bring about the best in us through random unexpected motivation inspiration that comes our way. One can have all the talents but without random inspiration its nothing. We shall not worry about motivation it will come our way in due time. Meanwhile I have to do the little stuffs that bring about little joys.

Troy Martin
1st June 2015, 10:03

Junaid Dee
1st June 2015, 11:47
Hi Olam,

Very interesting good thread btw. I see many are giving an uplifting advise to keep one motivated.

"Its difficult to not expect anything when you have 60 dollars in the bank and no new money coming in, but I hear you... "

I see you are having trouble with money, as I too are having difficult time with money to support my family. I have a daughter and I work hard and I found out about this opportunity to achieve financial independence. I am working to find like minded people that would be open to this truth about their birth certificate. If I may, I would like to share with you the info: Please check it out (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?82617-The-truth-about-your-birth-certificate----).

[Mod Edit: I deleted part of this post for it advertises a scam promoted by the "Drake" cohort, Hervé]

Finefeather
1st June 2015, 13:02
despite my 12 year efforts of working on myself, discovering how the world really is, and generally attempting to live a real life, I still have so much difficulty keeping the motivation to go forward.
I see my unawakened friends blissfully going about their lives, doing this, doing that, always on the go, generally looking to have a good time and I wonder why am I not the one doing this?!!

Actually we have all been working on our Self for billions of years... around 20 million as a human... so to even think that 12 years is anything to write home about is rather like singing about the moment you blinked an eye... such is it's insignificance.

When we think we have come to the end of our supposed learning and start thinking we know even a little... and now it's time for a break... that's the moment we have satisfied our emotional egos.

Only the ego can convince itself that it has got enough knowledge... only the ego is blind to it's ignorance... because the more you know, the more you will start to realise just how little you know.

ALL humans are still babies in the overall Cosmos. We know nothing of reality and yet we claim and swear by our knowledge which will one day... when we are really awake... be seen and proved to be illusion and fiction.

And as far as our 'unawakened' friends are concerned... many of them may be thinking something similar about us... "just listen to that person... only been going at it for 12 years and already thinks he knows it all" :)

Most humans have not the slightest idea, even, about what they don't know... and it is this knowledge which is available... but cannot be found until we are ready for it... because if this knowledge was placed in front of the masses today, it would only take a few years and it would be interpreted into the fiction and nonsense we read today, which claims to be truth, yet is only our inadequate interpretation of a far greater truth than most are even capable of understanding now.

No human is capable of understanding higher knowledge without help from higher worlds.

We have proved this by our incredible ignorance of even the simplest things.

Only after the year 2020 will there be founded the new schools of truth... some are beginning to form now... but few will be called because of great desperation from those who do not want this to happen... and the reluctance of those who cannot allow their illusion to be unmasked.

But truth is more powerful than fiction... because truth leads to reality whereas fiction leads to illusion.

So the best advise that can be given to anyone now is to use this time in our life to serve others... because this is the ONLY way that we can consciously work on the qualities which are required to move beyond the human kingdom.

No out of body journeys... no meditating, like the yogis to try to achieve nirvana... no standing on our heads and chanting... no amount of books and stories we read... no amount of drugs and mystical experiences..., will ever advance anyone into higher atomic worlds... all of these practices have been brought to us by ignorance, and ignorant attempts to become 'enlightened'... and no human is and ever will be 'enlightened' because true enlightenment means a shift of consciousness out of the human kingdom.

True enlightenment comes to those who seek unity with ALL beings... not just the few we love, whilst confusing real love with this emotional ego self satisfaction.

There is much to learn and as much time as you want to take to learn it... no one is left behind because all are waited upon to join the world of unity and brotherhood.

Be the one you know you can be, and leave the one you are behind... don't ever look back... there is nothing behind us that matters... life is now... do not waste your time with belief... seek only truth, and truth can only come from our own experience in this physical world, at this stage of our consciousness evolution.

Take care
Ray

Samson
1st June 2015, 15:46
Im not sure itll help. But i find my motivation ( if i need añy) in ...odd ways.
Zum beispiel (example)
-Completely destroy a salad... chop it into 1000s of pieces drown it and then eat it...?
-get out and find yourself an empty square metre. Sit down and start looking closer and closer... and see how many lifeforms there are in the meter of your choise. .. If you do that 4 an hour or so youll very likely end up with enough motivation for months...

But ey im no dr Phill right

Kelly Anne
1st June 2015, 22:48
What an irony it is to me to realize that despite my 12 year efforts of working on myself, discovering how the world really is, and generally attempting to live a real life, I still have so much difficulty keeping the motivation to go forward.

All of us here, knowing what we know can make for a difficult existence, at least for me it is,
and so please school me on how you all go forward in this life knowing what you know!

I have been working so hard on myself, yet here I am, no more career, struggling to have just enough money to exist. I don't even have my own place right now and have to rent a room at a friends place, wondering where my life will go.
I still wonder what will be my life's work once its done!

I generally feel like some bird who can't fly.
I jump off the branch, only to fall flat on my belly, a bit bruised but mainly insulted.
I get all my energy, climb back to safety and just sit there wondering if I should try one more time. After a while, I finally get off my butt and jump again, only to land again once more on the ground. Its been years now where I have tried to fly off and be the great bird I am destined to be, but I can't seem to have the wings for it.

Keeping motivated to find my true path has been the most difficult thing I have had to do in this life, yet, I know I will have to find the wings soon enough.
I feel like I am wasting my life away, one day at time and it has to change at some point.

So how do you all do it?

Ah! Yes...feel the same way...

Today, I am in flight mode...will I land on my face again? Eh...

I have not read any replies in the thread yet....Just wanted to say-I am in the same position.

I am living with my brother right now, and manage to return bottles...he and my mom give me money when I need it for something...but I cannot go on like this...

Today a cloud lifted though....

It has been a good day! :)

Thank you for this thread and sharing Olam! xo

Olam
1st June 2015, 22:57
¤=[Post Update]=¤

[/COLOR][QUOTE=Samson;965891]Im not sure itll help. But i find my motivation ( if i need añy) in ...odd ways.
Zum beispiel (example)
-Completely destroy a salad... chop it into 1000s of pieces drown it and then eat it...?
-get out and find yourself an empty square metre. Sit down and start looking closer and closer... and see how many lifeforms there are in the meter of your choise. .. If you do that 4 an hour or so youll very likely end up with enough motivation for months...

But ey im no dr Phill right

:sun:
Well I love doing macro photography and get lost in that world for a while.....
:sun:

Kelly Anne
1st June 2015, 23:02

I have to say...I've felt the same way, and I think it is an obstacle brought on by myself also.

It brings to mind though...I have one gas station that I go to whenever I need gas...half/half for my coffee. If I do not need gas, but they have what I need to get...I go there.

They know me there...they can tell I am going through something that makes me look tired, down, frazzled a lot...

Some days...or should I say a LOT of days, when I go there...I leave feeling so much love and so much better! :) They treat me with so much kindness, a smile every time....something I cannot get at the grocer or if I were to go to WalMart ;)

I wish they were hiring! :)

Kelly Anne
1st June 2015, 23:06

I just submitted my resume to an employment agency today. I was with them long ago, and remembered how I really liked it!

The change in job duties and meeting new people really felt good to me!

Olam
1st June 2015, 23:11

I have to say...I've felt the same way, and I think it is an obstacle brought on by myself also.

It brings to mind though...I have one gas station that I go to whenever I need gas...half/half for my coffee. If I do not need gas, but they have what I need to get...I go there.

They know me there...they can tell I am going through something that makes me look tired, down, frazzled a lot...

Some days...or should I say a LOT of days, when I go there...I leave feeling so much love and so much better! :) They treat me with so much kindness, a smile every time....something I cannot get at the grocer or if I were to go to WalMart ;)

Well I have something like that too!

I live in a small town right now, just one gas station/corner store.
There is this new owner, A Korean man, its not a great buisiness, I'm sure he just gets by with almost no profit.
His parents are with him, they sit in the store all day long.
I feel a lot for this family, who ended up there , which is almost nowhere and they probably have family back home.
I come out of there happy and touched by the courage of these people and how they seem to be good with it .
Makes my day!

Kelly Anne
1st June 2015, 23:38

Well I have something like that too!

I live in a small town right now, just one gas station/corner store.
There is this new owner, A Korean man, its not a great buisiness, I'm sure he just gets by with almost no profit.
His parents are with him, they sit in the store all day long.
I feel a lot for this family, who ended up there , which is almost nowhere and they probably have family back home.
I come out of there happy and touched by the courage of these people and how they seem to be good with it .
Makes my day!

I live in a suburb of Detroit.

There are gas stations EVERYWHERE LOL ...at the same time I feel :/ about it too..

Wow, so you are in a small town and I am in a big city...yet we encounter the same kindness in the same type...kind..atmosphere...

Too cool! :)

The Universe can be so AWESOME!! :) xo