PDA

View Full Version : emotions becoming embodied

lake
12th June 2015, 19:49
Hi will try to keep this short.... Do you interact with your emotions?

I mean by this.......do you literary meet and in the physical real interact with a physical new to you embodiment of your current emotional state?

I ask this as for the last 6 months it would to me seem that I meet new "beings" who totally demonstrate my at that single point, emotional state.

This is not the normal reflected emotions, it is my feelings embodied.
In front of me interacting with others. Actually seeming to have existence.......for the time

It is not just once but now a constant.

Wondered if any of you lot also have this?

lake
12th June 2015, 20:12
Let me add to this as it is not what you may think.

You know of the story of Dorian Grey and his image

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Picture_of_Dorian_Gray

Well imagine you stood in the centre of a room with many portraits circling you, these are your expressed emotions but they interact with you and others.

Watching yourself is quite an experience

wnlight
12th June 2015, 21:30
I do not share your experiences. But I can move a little outside of my self and watch my emotions emanating from my body. Then I will quickly shut them down.

grannyfranny100
13th June 2015, 14:57
wnlight, how do you shut your emotions down?

wnlight
14th June 2015, 16:14
Since you ask, I will get a little more personal. I learned as a father not to show my emotions when I had to punish my young boys. Instead, I would explain why they were to get it. letting my emotions run at that time would just get in the way, and could cause problems. In later years, as a contractor, many times I had to hide my emotions when dealing with the employees that I was working with. It amazed me just how inept many military and government personnel could be. By keeping a level head, I was more able to find the necessary convincing words. It was not good to show my surprise at some of the things they would say. People I met years after high school days would ask what happened to the hot head I once was. My wife complains to me I don't get angry when I should. I do, but I don't show it. Meditation does a great job of removing the effects of suppressed emotion. I am 71 without any ulcers or other related health problems.
As I quote Martí, "Y para el cruel que me arranca el corazón con que vivo,
cardo ni ortiga cultivo; cultivo la rosa blanca." This works better for me.