PDA

View Full Version : Trouble accessing Project Camelot website

Betty
15th June 2015, 23:30
Is anyone else having trouble accessing Project Camelot website?

camper
15th June 2015, 23:51
Hi Betty, yes I find it nearly impossible to access PC. Kerry has said there has been constant attacks to the web site, I have no idea what that means but I sure wish it would stop!!!

Redstar Kachina
16th June 2015, 00:33

sijohn
16th June 2015, 05:51
I have been trying for several days with no success any news would be welcome, I am little worried because of the the recent events around Kerry and others

Sijohn

Stardad
16th June 2015, 13:57
Hi all,

I had access to the Project Camelot website yesterday morning (Québec) but it is unavailable this morning! She had set up a mirror site but it seems it is down also!
Many whistleblowers seem more heavily targeted (Simon Parkes's website was also down for a few days). I guess the recent information on these websites is sensitive!

Gurudatt
17th June 2015, 11:39
Love and Peace

Project_Buggy_Beach
19th June 2015, 17:31
I'm not able to access Camelot with the following error:

Error 522 Ray ID: 1f909db7bf08012a • 2015-06-19 16:30:10 UTC
Connection timed out

Camilo
19th June 2015, 18:41
I never had a problem accesing it, but I just tried several times and it doesn't go through.

Camilo
20th June 2015, 19:02
Today's message posted on Kerry's FB:
PLEASE HELP KEEP THE CAMELOT WEBSITE ONLINE! Funds needed to pay for site upgrade and move to increase security! Project Camelot has been under CONSTANT ATTACK that ha exploited the poor construction and overloaded database. Your help is needed to keep us online! PLEASE DONATE via PAYPAL:directly to kerry@projectcamelot.tv
or mail check to : PROJECT CAMELOT, 638 Lindero Canyon Road Suite 277, Oak Park, CA 91377
Thank you for making this important work possible.
Kerry Lynn Cassidy

Tommy
20th June 2015, 20:22
New website online now. I barely had any time in the past months to maintain and update the Project Camelot website because of work commitments.
Somehow I now find myself in a position where I manage a Sushi restaurant in Norway.. how about that for turn of events huh.. Got to make a living somehow, and Camelot is certainly not able to sustain both myself and Kerry and paying the bills.

Hopefully the new site will not suffer from the same issues as the former. There were several reasons why it crashed constantly, partially DDOS attacks, but the bloated database (among other things) made the site a very easy target. There have been attempts at having new people on board to work on the websites but ultimately that turned out to be much less than a benefit for us. Subsystems upon subsystems, somehow intertwined did not make life easy for me after I jumped back in and took over the reigns again. That being said I really did not have the skill to repair and debug the system.. No matter how much I trimmed the site it never seemed to do any good and I ended up tuning the server to work optimally with a partially broken website.

Anyways, that is the short story, but now I hope we will have better luck on our updated and completely overhauled platform.

Note that archive browsing is not available just yet as I had to get the new site online ahead of schedule, I will try to have this added by tomorrow night (UTC).

Cheers everyone :)

Camilo
11th July 2015, 16:10
Today's message on Kerry's FB to Tommy:

MISSING BACKUPS OF CAMELOT SITES
As some of you will know our webmaster, Tommy Hansen moved on to a new job recently. We have a volunteer who has been looking into the server and having great difficulty finding any backups of the website (that includes the Forum).

We desperately need someone with knowledge of servers and Joomla to help us locate backups of our website !! The recent template of the site is temporary and was put in place by Tommy before he left however there are issues with the content transfer and many links from articles are missing. We have been unable to reach Tommy and have received no reply from our emails to him.

As you can appreciate we have a vast library of prior work involving articles, radio show archives, and videos.

We need access to the prior site and backups. I am being told there are no backups which would indicate massive negligence and we sincerely hope this is wrong information.

If you know anyone who would have the skills and is trustworthy please have them contact kerry@projectcamelot.tv

If anyone reading this has contact with Tommy please ask them to contact him and find out what happened to the backups of our sites.

Thank you!

Ewan
8th August 2015, 07:54
I saw there was a denial of service attack yesterday and there has been a few recently, not much previously from what records I could see. A new friend?