PDA

View Full Version : The 'Trappings' of Words and the 'Great Escape'

Valley
21st June 2015, 11:04
Words have a containing, limiting, quality that can become almost like a trap for the mind to cling onto if one gets overly fixated/identified with them. Words are only a limited form of communication, which attempts to express feelings, thought concepts, visions, etc. We are not the words we speak, we are the One who chooses which words to use in a given situation... based on our mood, vocabulary range, and word recall ability... at the time of choosing.

We are always moving forward into new understandings and using new word choice combinations... unless we just want to keep repeating the same thing, over and over again... like in a mantra, for instance.

Happy 'Wording'...
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=30306&cid=1&stc=1

ZooLife
21st June 2015, 15:46
Words reduced to their essence are vibrational just like anything else experienced in the phenomenal realm. Even thought can be reduced to a vibration.

One could argue that one form of vibrational communication is more effective than another but that is an illusion. If one could see vibration and further more the essence of vibration and say...colorize it, the gestalt would be psychedelic. Mental vibration manifested.

Communication is a dance of various vibrational tones expressing the joy of being-ness. Vibration comes from nowhere and goes nowhere. Being is vibration, vibration is being.

Catch my vibe? ;)

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s306x306/e15/11084911_463089100506691_339634737_n.jpg

betoobig
21st June 2015, 17:55
Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla bla
Anyway, LOVE
Juan

ZooLife
21st June 2015, 18:08
Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla blaBla bla bla bla bla bla bla
Anyway, LOVE
Juan

The scary thing is, I know exactly what you said. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3U0udLH974

RunningDeer
21st June 2015, 18:15
I notice that there are times when:

...words cannot express the silence.
...words cannot express the Love.
...words cannot express what I feel.

I query. Am I lazy or incapable? Nope. The need is just not there.

It does make for awkward interaction for those that want ‘real conversation’.

RunningDeer <3

ZooLife
21st June 2015, 19:20

It does make for awkward interaction for those that want ‘real conversation’. Fortunately, for those times, I can step out of clock-time for awhile.

RunningDeer <3

Real conversations are not always done with words. Some times it is as simple as a brief glance or the slightest up turn out of the corner of the mouth. And then sometimes it is a particular smile at just the right moment.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iVw5kvX3yB8/UzBjmYQMIuI/AAAAAAABk4Q/jOjR1OlD1eo/s1600/Emoticons+Sonrientes+6.jpg

(just 'saying')

"A little more bite and a little less bark"

Valley
21st June 2015, 19:38
I think you know what I mean, Juan. That's what I meant to say... in other words. The words are not what is really important... It is Us, the users of the words... that are important.

I think you are a natural for using a mantra. :)
Blessings...

:flower:Thanks for the contributions everyone.:flower:
Anyway, LOVE
Juan

ZooLife
21st June 2015, 20:08
The universe is having a real conversation with our physical self............... incessantly.

Quite the talker that one is......

:)

Philaletheian
22nd June 2015, 03:55
Somewhere in the past 2000 years, we invented language to share a particular idea or image of nature better or easily, but somewhere along the line we confused the the word for what it really is, so now a tree is just a tree and nothing more, and im just me and you are just you.

ZooLife
22nd June 2015, 05:41
Words and 'things' go hand in hand.

Example: If it was not for words or it's subset of letters one could not type a post on their keyboard as all keys would be blank and type nothing. (Maybe that is what I am doing now and it is an illusion that I am even typing my thoughts down). Maybe I 'think' I have something to say when I really have nothing to say.

Nothing is the universal language.

In nothing I tell you everything and in return you do the same.

betoobig
22nd June 2015, 08:39
I can´t help it, i love you all.
Credo Mutwa talks about the ancient humans who didn´t talk but were telepathic so there was no lies.... suddenly the "gods" came and gave us a gift... voilá... we could now talk therefor we could lie...
Zoolife and Valley thanks for reading my mind.
LOVE
Juan

Iloveyou
22nd June 2015, 09:51

Poetry can. Words condensed down, a shift in meaning, a radically changed context. That could be a definition for poetry: It makes you fall out of the (metaphorical) bed in the middle of the (metaphorical) night, it opens an abyss beneath your feet and you find yourself falling towards your inner core
( . . . better stop now before I get carried away :blushing:)

“There's the path of liberation through the verbal mind or through the imaginal mind. Poets flourish at precisely this juncture between both. To them the dream world is primal, verbal language is the servant of the dream.” (C. Shainberg)

Somewhere in the not so distant future communication will be immediate, direct, if at all we will use words only to play, to have fun, to laugh, they will not be of any other use – but as long as there is pain, words can be a powerfool (!laughing! :bigsmile: I will not correct this misspelling) tool for healing. See signature.

Ruth Klüger, an American writer and Austrian survivor (child) of Nazi concentration camps, told us how she was able to survive and to maintain her sanity by constantly reciting poems (words / sound / tone / rhyme / repetition).

betoobig
22nd June 2015, 13:32
Here we like to say we are openminded, perhaps we should step ahead and be openhearted instead; by doing so no harm words will come out or fall inside.
Thanks Runningdeer and Iloveyou.
LOVE
Juan

ZooLife
22nd June 2015, 16:22
A mantra harkens back to the first 'word' echoed ad infinitum.

Being is a word and in a word, being.

Being is a clone, an echo, of the original (non-being, if a 'word' must be used).

Being, the birth of technology.

sigma6
23rd June 2015, 03:31
The feeling returns/Whenever we close out eyes
Lifting my head/Looking around inside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpm4pG44Gnc&t=3m45s
Facts are simple and facts are straight
Facts are lazy and facts are late
Facts all come with points of view
Facts don't do what I want them to
Facts just twist the truth around
Facts are living turned inside out
Facts are getting the best of them
Facts are nothing on the face of things
Facts don't stain the furniture
Facts go out and slam the door
Facts are written all over your face
Facts continue to change their shape...

I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...
I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...
I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...

Talking Heads 1980

Lpm4pG44Gnc

Alan Watts - This Is IT also comes to mind... One of my top 10 books of all time... Yes words are abstractions of reality... references, coins of exchange, metaphors, reality can and does exist quite well without words. The biblical interpretation... the "word" was God is not to be taken literally... I'm sure there is a little bit more to it then someone simply saying "Make it so!" ;-)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51OVKTWXjXL.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/This-Is-It-Spiritual-Experience/dp/0394719042

Valley
23rd June 2015, 04:03
Words are not the 'correct' place to look to for inner understanding ... the focus must be inward, where energies and feelings are exchanged, integrated, and revealed. Using words is perfectly fine... but they are only 'hints' to what is being spoken and written of. So focusing on feeling/sensing inner energies while reading and writing, is a very useful practice.
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=30323&cid=1&stc=1
Thanks Again, Everyone... for the powerfully pertinent perspectives.
Love & Respect...
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=30324&cid=1&stc=1

Valley
23rd June 2015, 08:48

It does make for awkward interaction for those that want ‘real conversation’.

RunningDeer <3
Thanks for sharing these interesting experiences... I can relate with being in a 'wordless' space. One 'hobby' I enjoy playing/practicing is pool/billiards... where I've found that when I'm 'in the zone'/'in-sync'... I have no use for words, and if I start engaging in conversation... the 'zone' kinda quickly slips away. I've found pool/billiards to be practiced mainly with intuition, creativity, visualization, foresight, 'feel', and physical action/precision... All 'qualities' that have no need for words. These are some of the times when I feel most 'in-synch' with Life. Needless to say... it's one of my 'Great Escapes' from words. : )
<3

Valley
23rd June 2015, 10:13

Poetry can. Words condensed down, a shift in meaning, a radically changed context. That could be a definition for poetry: It makes you fall out of the (metaphorical) bed in the middle of the (metaphorical) night, it opens an abyss beneath your feet and you find yourself falling towards your inner core
( . . . better stop now before I get carried away :blushing:)

“There's the path of liberation through the verbal mind or through the imaginal mind. Poets flourish at precisely this juncture between both. To them the dream world is primal, verbal language is the servant of the dream.” (C. Shainberg)

Somewhere in the not so distant future communication will be immediate, direct, if at all we will use words only to play, to have fun, to laugh, they will not be of any other use – but as long as there is pain, words can be a powerfool (!laughing! :bigsmile: I will not correct this misspelling) tool for healing. See signature.

Ruth Klüger, an American writer and Austrian survivor (child) of Nazi concentration camps, told us how she was able to survive and to maintain her sanity by constantly reciting poems (words / sound / tone / rhyme / repetition).

Poetry... yes... one of the other 'Great Escapes'... escaping from the 'rigidity' of words and the 'rules of use'... and getting into the experimentation of rhythmic 'stretching' of words and their applications and meanings. Here's one from a few years back:

The Poet

A selective detective
With reasons and rhymes
Pontificates
Proliferates
And seasons these times

A containment attainment
With whittled down word
Disseminates
Reverberates
And tickles the nerd

A flowering showering
Of rendered insights
Stimulates
Emulates
Those tender delights

What more may be molded?
What for, feelings folded?
As worlds whirl around
Echoing out these sounds
Rearranging all thought
Ever changing this plot
<3

kirolak
23rd June 2015, 12:04
Bravo, I love your poem, Valley, thank you for sharing it!

Interesting topic! I love music but also words, I 've written (or perhaps channelled?) many poems and also a novel, (due to be published at the end of the year (blush!) I actually relish the taste of certain sounds, though, possibly more than their siginificance. In Sanskrit it is the sound - it is more important in mantras to pronounce the words correctly than to understand their meanings. I studied Sanskrit in my spare time as a child, because I was fascinated by the otherness of it. . . in the west, it is really all about the meaning of words rather than the onomatopoiea, even in poetry.

If one looks at English poems like those by Gerard Manly Hopkins, the poetic structure actually approaches music. . . .also in the works of Dylan Thomas, for example, "The force that through the green fuse drives the flower"; then in German, Rainer Maria Rilke expresses so vividly the whirl of samsara in the Karussel, in his repetiton of, "und dann und wann ein weisser Elephant" (and now and then a white elephant); and so many spanish poets who play with language to create new structures of thought in the reader . . "acaba de pasar sin haber venido" (por Cesar Vallejo) - so I feel that words are not defining, in the sense of limitation, if they are used to expand the consciousness, and not to pin down ideas in a sterile fashion.
To me, advertising is the greatest misuse of words, bordering on sacriledge. That would include words used for political ends, dividing beings into races, nations, species. . . all quite obvious, but it is often done extremely subtly and corrosively.

There is a state of metal white-out that sometimes comes over me, where neither words, nor concepts or even volition exist; I am not sure whether it is a pathological or a spiritual experience!

Words exist as parts of the greater language, like quanta in atoms; in my experience, languages definitely affect the consciousness of the speaker; and some things can be better expressed in one language rather than another.

When I was still a pre-school child, I was intrigued by the words "to be" (estar/ser) and the way that by simply adding a negative, one could so radically change a situation, from life to death.

Later in life, I heard of Zen Sickness, where words tumble endlessly out of the being/ mind, almost beyond one's control. So nowadays, I try to express my ideas simply, with fewer rather than more words.. . .don't always succeed!

ZooLife
23rd June 2015, 19:34
'Word' has a much more expanded meaning to me then how it is used in this realm commonly referred to as 'reality' then that is used in a dictionary.

Funny how words are used to describe the word word.

Word! ;)

Valley
23rd June 2015, 20:41
Welcome sigma6... thanks for adding your 'mix' of purpose and presence... renewed thread essence. Your addition of sound/music is also one of the most dynamic ways of using words, transcending them into other realms of infinite expression...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67u2fmYz7S4

The feeling returns/Whenever we close out eyes
Lifting my head/Looking around inside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpm4pG44Gnc&t=3m45s
Talking Heads 1980

Lpm4pG44Gnc

Alan Watts - This Is IT also comes to mind... One of my top 10 books of all time... Yes words are abstractions of reality... references, coins of exchange, metaphors, reality can and does exist quite well without words. The biblical interpretation... the "word" was God is not to be taken literally... I'm sure there is a little bit more to it then someone simply saying "Make it so!" ;-)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51OVKTWXjXL.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/This-Is-It-Spiritual-Experience/dp/0394719042

Valley
24th June 2015, 03:25
That looks like one of those 'word traps' I was talking about... everything somehow reduces down to one word... "Word". :)

Beginning with the Word
As yet unheard
The bird
Seemed somewhat disturbed
By the herd
As they flew forward
Together

The weather
Was getting better
Yet never
Seemed so clever
As when was first pulled...
The lever

"Back to Forever"
Said the first feather
"We just need to better
These few twisted letters...
To tether
The heather
With leather"

"Leather?"
Said the cow
"How?... Now?"

"No"
Said the Crow
"It's just a figure of speech
The words don't really teach
They just attempt to reach"

'Word' has a much more expanded meaning to me the how it is used in this realm commonly referred to as 'reality' then that is used in a dictionary.

Funny how words are used to describe the word word.

Word! ;)

Valley
24th June 2015, 07:02
Welcome kirolak...Yes, I love the music & words too, like you (or should I say I love to utilize them to help connect with the worlds around and within)... and have experimented a bit with vocal ranges, changes, and rearranges... with writing/singing/toning/chanting. I feel these to be essential and have much potential in 'healing work' and manifesting new 'realities'. You know of any chanting groups around here? (Just had a 'flash' of a new thread) I see I have some research to do to study some of your rich references. That 'white-out' you mentioned... can I ask what leads you into this state of being?

Thank you for sharing this very 'enriched' response...

Blessings...

PS... Congratulations on your new book!

Bravo, I love your poem, Valley, thank you for sharing it!
Interesting topic! I love music but also words, I 've written (or perhaps channelled?) many poems and also a novel, (due to be published at the end of the year (blush!) I actually relish the taste of certain sounds, though, possibly more than their siginificance. In Sanskrit it is the sound - it is more important in mantras to pronounce the words correctly than to understand their meanings. I studied Sanskrit in my spare time as a child, because I was fascinated by the otherness of it. . . in the west, it is really all about the meaning of words rather than the onomatopoiea, even in poetry.

If one looks at English poems like those by Gerard Manly Hopkins, the poetic structure actually approaches music. . . .also in the works of Dylan Thomas, for example, "The force that through the green fuse drives the flower"; then in German, Rainer Maria Rilke expresses so vividly the whirl of samsara in the Karussel, in his repetiton of, "und dann und wann ein weisser Elephant" (and now and then a white elephant); and so many spanish poets who play with language to create new structures of thought in the reader . . "acaba de pasar sin haber venido" (por Cesar Vallejo) - so I feel that words are not defining, in the sense of limitation, if they are used to expand the consciousness, and not to pin down ideas in a sterile fashion.
To me, advertising is the greatest misuse of words, bordering on sacriledge. That would include words used for political ends, dividing beings into races, nations, species. . . all quite obvious, but it is often done extremely subtly and corrosively.

There is a state of metal white-out that sometimes comes over me, where neither words, nor concepts or even volition exist; I am not sure whether it is a pathological or a spiritual experience!

Words exist as parts of the greater language, like quanta in atoms; in my experience, languages definitely affect the consciousness of the speaker; and some things can be better expressed in one language rather than another.

When I was still a pre-school child, I was intrigued by the words "to be" (estar/ser) and the way that by simply adding a negative, one could so radically change a situation, from life to death.

Later in life, I heard of Zen Sickness, where words tumble endlessly out of the being/ mind, almost beyond one's control. So nowadays, I try to express my ideas simply, with fewer rather than more words.. . .don't always succeed!

Valley
25th June 2015, 12:56
A little wordless interlude...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJmBmTpBSto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huOLhPCQcCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLiLMboE9I8