PDA

View Full Version : Are Acid forming foods the culprit?

Bubu
1st July 2015, 03:06
I read a number of times on this forum that acid is the main cause of cancer however I didn't realize that acid is also the cause of a host of auto immune diseases.

I have been on mainly fruit diet with little fish and meat. for two years now. Couple of months back I notice that I am gradually losing muscles. So I decided not to limit the amount of meat and fish. Because of this pain on my toes are back. Around the same time I discovered alkali water and gives relief with pains on my toes. But whenever I stop or drink less of this alkali water pain comes back instantly. Now I dont want to be dependent on manufactured or any unnatural substance so I again go back to reading. From what I learned it is the acidity that destroys our cells and cause almost all of the auto immune diseases. High blood, diabetics, cancer, gout, kidney and liver diseases and more. And that high purine food such as meat poultry and some variety of fish are amongst the highest source of purine.

this article explains further

http://www.naturalnews.com/042471_acidic_foods_body_functions_pH_levels.html

Any advice contribution is much appreciated

thanks

Julian

Bubu
1st July 2015, 03:19
My observation is; while meat contains all the amino acids that our body need to regenerate it is also responsible for acid forming that kills the cells thus we will need more of it and the cycle continues. As we age and the bodies regenerating capacity decline this is when we experience the host of illnesses and also explains why younger bodies are less affected.

DeDukshyn
1st July 2015, 05:26
My observation is; while meat contains all the amino acids that our body need to regenerate it is also responsible for acid forming that kills the cells thus we will need more of it and the cycle continues. As we age and the bodies regenerating capacity decline this is when we experience the host of illnesses and also explains why younger bodies are less affected.

Please don't confuse terms like "amino acid" or foods that are acidic, like citrus fruits; with having an overall low body ph level. There is no correlation. However, diets high in sugars and meats (due to the effects of processing) tend to lead to lower overall lower ph levels. Also, a body under toxic stress also will tend to be low in the PH department.

It's a somewhat loose correlation, but certainly an important one, if we want to optimize our health.

Bubu
1st July 2015, 06:21

Please don't confuse terms like "amino acid" or foods that are acidic, like citrus fruits; with having an overall low body ph level. There is no correlation. However, diets high in sugars and meats (due to the effects of processing) tend to lead to lower overall lower ph levels. Also, a body under toxic stress also will tend to be low in the PH department.

It's a somewhat loose correlation, but certainly an important one, if we want to optimize our health.

thanks for pointing out. What I mean is that the amino acids from meat which is good for rebuilding the cell has a counterpart which is also found in meat that is uric acid forming purine that also kills the cells so while meat rebuilds its also kills cell so we tend to eat more meat to rebuild but then it also kills more cells and this repeated accelerated process of rebuilding and killing the cell exhaust the body faster thus we age faster. Its a hypothesis.

Olaf
1st July 2015, 07:06
Some people get a low ph from acid forming foods, others don't.
For instance my ph levels were rather acidic, but those of my wife were perfectly basic, though we both had the same food each day.
BUT: I had cancer in 2009, my wife does not.

So what is bad for health is the combination of not fully functioning mitochondriea and wrong food. The first mostly is a result of nitrosative stress in the cells, which infact is extremely poisenous for mitochondria. We speak of so called RNS (reactive nitrogen species).

The most common causes for nitrosative stress in the western world are impaired blood flow into the brain due to an unstable neck joint and inflammations in intestinum.

RNS tend to strongly react with vitamins and metals. That's why the result of RNS are deficiencies of vitamins, electrolytes, blocking of various encymes in the cells. It all can be measured, and it is proven by a huge amount of clinical studies.

One of the encymes that is blocked by nitrosative stress is called PDH (pyruvate dehydrogenase). This encyme is needed to process sugar (carbo hydrates) in mitochondria. When it is blocked, they cannot use the sugar in the cells, which is present in form of pyruvate. So after eating carbo hydrates you still feel weak or even you get weaker (eat narcosis).
To get rid of the carbo hydrates the cell has to convert them into lactic acid. That is the main reason for acidic ph.

That's why it is very helpfull for those persons to reduce their consume of carbo hydrates. Mitochondria can produce energy as well from healthy fats or amino acids.

Of course that diat cannot prevent cancer. There are many, many co-factors that can cause cancer, such as:

deficiency of vitamin D
biological conflicts that trigger cancer as stated by Dr. Ryke Hamer ("New German medicine")
bad mitochondrial function due to: RNS, ROS, poisons, heavy metals, pesticides, deficiencies of B-vitamins, lack of protections substances etc.
chronical inflammations

Conclusion
You can avoid some of the bad effects of the damages by avoiding acid forming food.
But it would be also important and is often possible to cure and heal the underlying damages in mitochondrial function and stopping nitrosative stress.
I have seen laboratory measurments of pyruvate and lactate in urine before and after such treatments. Some people can completely restore their mitochondric function and the acidic ph will disappear.

Of course healthy food is healthy.

cursichella1
1st July 2015, 08:18
Anything that causes the body's pH to become acidic is baaaaaad. Some highly acidic foods can result in one's body going more alkaline and can be beneficial.

Bubu
1st July 2015, 08:54
Anything that causes the body's pH to become acidic is baaaaaad. Some highly acidic foods can result in one's body going more alkaline and can be beneficial.

yes I read that most plant base acidic foods are alkalizing. I also notice that when my toes are painful I crave for lemons.

cursichella1
1st July 2015, 09:19

yes I read that most plant base acidic foods are alkalizing. I also notice that when my toes are painful I crave for lemons.

That's interesting. I have friends that drink the juice of two fresh lemons every morning. They swear by it. (I would need to dump sugar into it to be able to stomach it, defeating the purpose...lol)

I wonder if your painful toe is the gout. That's caused by uric acid, so it makes sense that the body's alkaline response to lemons would offer some relief...

Baby Steps
1st July 2015, 13:03
Dr Robert O Young says that acidosis is the base of all sickness

Dr Leonard Coldwell says that once we are acidified, we are unable to detox, and oxygen levels fall. This forces cells into fermentation of sugar, which is Cancer.
He is a big advocate of Pink salt and a mostly green diet to prevent this.
Mainstream Doctors just say- you are bonkers- blood ph is very finely controlled by the body'. But we need to establish tissue ph. Saliva and Urine ph are the best way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZL6oylJxk4

lucidity
1st July 2015, 13:50
The 'real' answer is glycotoxins.

What are glycotoxins ?
They are toxic chemicals that are created when you
weld carbohydrates together with proteins.

How do you weld carbohydrates and proteins together ?
Cooking. The hotter and longer you cook, the greater the volume of glycotoxins.
The important detail here, is that cooking sugars with protein is a nightmare.
So a chicken leg with some sweet sauce, is going to be loaded with glycotoxins after it's cooked.
Something like honey roast lamb .. or honey roast anything... is a recipe for glycotoxins.
see here: http://nutritionfacts.org/video/avoiding-a-sugary-grave/
and here: http://nutritionfacts.org/video/glycotoxins/
and here: http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reducing-glycotoxin-intake-to-prevent-alzheimers/

China and Japan are currently experiencing rocketing rates of Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer's.
Why? Because they've reduced their rice consumption and increased their meat consumption.
Protein + carbohydrate gives a bigger insulin spike than carbohydrate alone.
Increasing your meat consumption increases your risks of all the common killers because
it increases your consumption of glycotoxins.
See here: http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/79343-the-cause-of-alzheimers-glycotoxins-age/#entry733490

The typical pattern seems to be that consumption of gylcotoxins reduces your
body's defence mechanisms (thought to be via the suppression of the SIRT1 gene)
Then some common pathogen comes long and infects your tissues.
For example Chlamydia Pneumonia (related to the Chlamydia spread via sexual contact)
is associated with atherosclerosis, heart disease, asthma, arthritis, type 2 diabetes,
alzheimer's, parkinson's, MS,... the list goes on and on.
See here: http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/79433-the-cause-of-alzheimers-chlamydia-pneumoniae-cp/#entry734597

The people who fall prey to these diseases least, are those who mix proteins and
carbohydrates the least: vegetarians and vegans. Amongst the veggies and vegans
those who consume the least glycotoxins are the raw food-ists.

be happy :-)

lucidity

Stardad
1st July 2015, 14:20
Wow, great posts you all,

Many individuals have these problems, so many thanks!

I would add to the discussion by signaling that GLUTEN is also a food product that causes inflamation and should be avoided. Wheat (at least the modern version) is an important source of GLUTEN and should be replaced by Rye, Buckwheat, Rice or even Oatmeal which contain less or no GLUTEN. Also, it seems that the more ancient versions of wheat (such as Spelt and khorasan) are more easily digestible and contain less GLUTEN.

Bottom line is reduce wheat product intake and replace with the above mentionned and others, such as Amaranth and Quinoa to reduce inflamation in the body.

Improving the quality of life by sharing knowledge and life experiences is alive and well in this forum.

Bubu
1st July 2015, 15:11

That's interesting. I have friends that drink the juice of two fresh lemons every morning. They swear by it. (I would need to dump sugar into it to be able to stomach it, defeating the purpose...lol)

I wonder if your painful toe is the gout. That's caused by uric acid, so it makes sense that the body's alkaline response to lemons would offer some relief...

yes it is indeed gout

Bubu
1st July 2015, 15:22
The 'real' answer is glycotoxins.

What are glycotoxins ?
They are toxic chemicals that are created when you
weld carbohydrates together with proteins.

How do you weld carbohydrates and proteins together ?
Cooking. The hotter and longer you cook, the greater the volume of glycotoxins.
The important detail here, is that cooking sugars with protein is a nightmare.
So a chicken leg with some sweet sauce, is going to be loaded with glycotoxins after it's cooked.
Something like honey roast lamb .. or honey roast anything... is a recipe for glycotoxins.
see here: http://nutritionfacts.org/video/avoiding-a-sugary-grave/
and here: http://nutritionfacts.org/video/glycotoxins/
and here: http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reducing-glycotoxin-intake-to-prevent-alzheimers/

China and Japan are currently experiencing rocketing rates of Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer's.
Why? Because they've reduced their rice consumption and increased their meat consumption.
Protein + carbohydrate gives a bigger insulin spike than carbohydrate alone.
Increasing your meat consumption increases your risks of all the common killers because
it increases your consumption of glycotoxins.
See here: http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/79343-the-cause-of-alzheimers-glycotoxins-age/#entry733490

The typical pattern seems to be that consumption of gylcotoxins reduces your
body's defence mechanisms (thought to be via the suppression of the SIRT1 gene)
Then some common pathogen comes long and infects your tissues.
For example Chlamydia Pneumonia (related to the Chlamydia spread via sexual contact)
is associated with atherosclerosis, heart disease, asthma, arthritis, type 2 diabetes,
alzheimer's, parkinson's, MS,... the list goes on and on.
See here: http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/79433-the-cause-of-alzheimers-chlamydia-pneumoniae-cp/#entry734597

The people who fall prey to these diseases least, are those who mix proteins and
carbohydrates the least: vegetarians and vegans. Amongst the veggies and vegans
those who consume the least glycotoxins are the raw food-ists.

be happy :-)

lucidity

this is good info but still boils down to the same culprit, meat. Good that I am no longer eating meat.:sun:
thanks

genevieve
1st July 2015, 16:08
Bubu--

I'd read that 7 cherries a day would get rid of gout--sounded weird, but when my mom began experiencing gout I gave her cherries every day. Gout GONE. No kidding!

Peace Love Joy & Harmony,
genevieve

P.S. She continued eating meat often.

loveoflife
1st July 2015, 17:38
Here is something that is related. Just look at this list of foods are pus, mucus, and acid-forming. For those with mucus issues it is worth while looking at this link. http://www.mucusfreelife.com/mucus-forming-foods/#

There are many diets out there. I doubt that is one that that is a fix all and a panacea for everybody. There are different diets for different people. I would suggest look at what is wrong with your health at present and work with a diet to fix that, and also be flexible something may change in the future and diet may need to be modified as situations change. Healing is life peeling the skin of an onion to get to the core.

Its is important what we add to our diet in the form of supplements and superfoods, though it is much more important we eliminate from our diet that which is toxic and processed to a point where all nutritional value is lost.

You are what you eat.

lucidity
1st July 2015, 19:29
Bubu--

I'd read that 7 cherries a day would get rid of gout--sounded weird, but when my mom began experiencing gout I gave her cherries every day. Gout GONE. No kidding!

genevieve

interesting.. where did you read about this 7 cherries cure ?

Daughter of Time
1st July 2015, 21:41
Acidity, per se, does not cause autoimmune diseases. But... it does seem to feed pathogens which cause it.

Cancer, for instance, being the biggest killer these days and gaining momentum, according to naturopathic cancer experts, is caused by the following:

viruses,
bacteria,
toxins,
parasites,
fungi,
molds,

and without the above pathogens, a body will not succumb to cancer.

An acidic body will feed most of those toxins as much as an over-consumption of refined sugar, refined flour, and processed foods do.

And while meat is acidic, if very little (pastured) meat is eaten, it will not cause autoimmune diseases. It's the above non-foods to watch out for.

phillipbbg
1st July 2015, 21:56
LEMON JUICE - ACIDIC, ALKALINE OR BOTH?

There is often misunderstanding of lemonís pH outside the body versus inside the body. Letís get this straight and expound on 10 benefits of regularly taking lemon juice with warm water (note: NOT equal to lemonade!)

Outside the body, lemon juice is acidic (pH is below 7). This is a non-issue. Everyone knows this. Itís a citrus fruit.

Inside the body however, when lemon juice has been fully metabolized and its minerals are dissociated in the bloodstream, its effect is alkalizing and therefore raises the pH of body tissue (pH above 7 is alkaline).

http://www.vitalitylink.com/article-holistic-health-2055-lemon-juice-acidic-alkaline-body-water

Hint............ make citrus a daily friend ;)

lucidity
1st July 2015, 22:59
LEMON JUICE - ACIDIC, ALKALINE OR BOTH?

There is often misunderstanding of lemonís pH outside the body versus inside the body. Letís get this straight and expound on 10 benefits of regularly taking lemon juice with warm water (note: NOT equal to lemonade!)

Outside the body, lemon juice is acidic (pH is below 7). This is a non-issue. Everyone knows this. Itís a citrus fruit.

Inside the body however, when lemon juice has been fully metabolized and its minerals are dissociated in the bloodstream, its effect is alkalizing and therefore raises the pH of body tissue (pH above 7 is alkaline).

http://www.vitalitylink.com/article-holistic-health-2055-lemon-juice-acidic-alkaline-body-water

Hint............ make citrus a daily friend ;)

yes.. this is correct.

Bubu
1st July 2015, 23:41
Bubu--

genevieve

wow this means I can still eat meat provided I have cherries. yes I read somewhere that cherries are very good for gout. we have local version although its seasonal. so have to wait for the season before trying meat again. If ever.:idea:

§=[Post Update]=§

Bubu--

genevieve

yep just about wondering why the no 7:idea:

Bubu
1st July 2015, 23:46
Acidity, per se, does not cause autoimmune diseases. But... it does seem to feed pathogens which cause it.

Cancer, for instance, being the biggest killer these days and gaining momentum, according to naturopathic cancer experts, is caused by the following:

viruses,
bacteria,
toxins,
parasites,
fungi,
molds,

and without the above pathogens, a body will not succumb to cancer.

An acidic body will feed most of those toxins as much as an over-consumption of refined sugar, refined flour, and processed foods do.

And while meat is acidic, if very little (pastured) meat is eaten, it will not cause autoimmune diseases. It's the above non-foods to watch out for.

yes this was my motto "eat everything as long as it does not pass through factory" but unfortunately does not work with meat.
Also I can imagine soaking our cells in acidic solution. Its going to weaken to a point where bacterias can defeat or get into estate of confusion where it mutates to survive.

Bubu
2nd July 2015, 00:20
Bubu--

genevieve

wow this means I can still eat meat provided I have cherries. yes I read somewhere that cherries are very good for gout. we have local version although its seasonal. so have to wait for the season before trying meat again. If ever.:idea:

§=[Post Update]=§

Bubu--

genevieve

yep just about wondering why the no 7:idea:

On second thought I remember a popular local herb dispense by local shamans for a host of health maladies, its localy called "pito pito" in english "seven seven" its 7 leaves each of 7 different kinds of herbs. Now its intriguing that 7 in traditional healing is international in scope:idea:

Frankie
2nd July 2015, 15:48
Hi,

The main culprits for health problems right now seem to be gmos, herbicides, pesticides, chem trails, vaccinations, HAARP and all electromagnetic negatives, water pollution from fracking etc.. Needless to say the planetary food source(land) is being degraded along with our air and our oceans which have become death traps for sea creatures. There is no semblance of safety even in our own homes. Having to sift through the lies and deceptions to find out what is truly going on is another issue. All of this results in a huge amount of stress which doesn't disappear as a very negative agenda appears to be moving forward. You are not alone with a few health issues.

Frankie
2nd July 2015, 15:58
P.S. Organic apple cider vinegar may help you balance the bodies ph. it has beneficial nutrients as well.

genevieve
2nd July 2015, 16:13
lucidity and Bubu:

I don't remember where I read about cherries and gout, and I'm actually not sure whether the magic number is 7 or 5. I chose 7 to be on the safe side.

In the winter when cherries weren't readily available, I substituted organic cherry juice.

genevieve