PDA

View Full Version : Alex Jones Caught with his Trousers Down with the Body Scanner

steve_a
24th November 2010, 08:32
Hi Everybody,

I found an extremely interesting article on a blog today http://realitybloger.wordpress.com/ regarding the imaging quality of a body scanner found in several US airports. Although I'm in no way defending nor condemning these machines it seems that Alex Jones' Infowars website went a little too far when it came to revealing what these scanners can actually produce, by using false imagery to fit into his agenda.

http://www.infowars.com/inverted-body-scanner-image-shows-naked-body-in-full-living-color/

The images of the clothed individual are not of the naked one (just look at the arms) and if that was not enough, the naked images are of a model and are sold as a set on another website in Germany: http://www.f1online.de/f1online/index.cfm?location=search&colNo=2274&language=1

So it seems that this sharp eyed blogger won the day (just my type of person) and told the truth like it should be told - truthfully. So my hat goes off to him.

Of course all this doesn't alter the fact that these scanners are being installed just to make money and once all the airports have them they will be relaxed and put into mothballs after all, the sale will already have been made and the public will think that they have 'got one' over the government, so everybody will be happy. In reality the manufacturer and all and sundry involved in installing the things will have got one over the tax payer, because they will have received their payments with public money and that was their goal in the first place.

Best regards,

Steve

Ilie Pandia
24th November 2010, 10:23
From the moment I saw that picture I knew it was Photoshoped. I work a lot with photo editing and also the girl was posing to look good (what you do not normally do at an airport), and the gun on the back looks "unnatural" :). So I never thought that the picture was the "real deal". I have always imagined that it was exaggerated on purpose to make a point. Much like the images on the David Icke site which are obviously "faked" in order to communicate an idea.

That being said Alex Jones really has a scary way of talking and writing and he may have tried to "sell" the image as a legitimate one.

Bill Ryan
24th November 2010, 10:37
-----------

That image has been around for a while... I remember seeing it several weeks ago in Google images when searching for body scan information last month. It was clear it wasn't real.

Using it as a basis of the article was an honest error not initiated by Paul Watson (who wrote the piece), Alex Jones, or anyone on his staff.

The only mistake Paul Watson made was not to have spotted it wasn't authentic. The real issues are in plain site and nothing to do with this article.

Don't fall into the trap of using this to discredit someone doing an important job.

Bill Ryan
24th November 2010, 10:44
Of course all this doesn't alter the fact that these scanners are being installed just to make money

Also to intimidate the public, impress upon them the omnipresence of authority, criminalize or demonize people who protest against "very reasonable measures to protect the public", and discourage people from traveling.

It's part of the thin end of a large, planned wedge. There is a much bigger picture here.

astrid
24th November 2010, 12:31
So obviously an event , either planned or natural ( or both) is part of this bigger picture... that they will use to justify these increasingly more absurd and desperate measures of control...as has been their pattern with false flags,etc. i.e 9/11.

Im actually having alot of trouble believing what i'm hearing and reading, these days, its looking more and more like Nazi Germany i hate to say. I'm really quite shocked and stunned to see so many people accepting the way they are being treated.

I just wish i had a magic wand to wake everyone out of this hypnotic slumber.

Speaking of which, I noticed here in Australia they are really aggressively marketing the roll out of Digital TV, and even offering it for free for those that cant afford it......

I have been without TV for a few years now, and i wouldn't have one in the house even if they paid me.

No amount of money is worth giving them my mind to feed.

Bea
24th November 2010, 13:02
Re
Speaking of which, I noticed here in Australia they are really aggressively marketing the roll out of Digital TV, and even offering it for free for those that cant afford it......

This is being done b/c the analogue signal is being progressively switched off around Australia.
If it's not made well known people will suddenly find their old TV's don't work & demand to know why.
Well done living without a tv.
I like having one, and watch things selectively.

steve_a
24th November 2010, 13:23
Hi Bill,

I'm not too sure I agree on the reasoning behind your vision on this topic. Where I'm sure these machines will to a certain extent intimidate some and impress the omnipresence of authority on others (this object I'm sure to deter the very "terrorists" being used as the reason behind the implimentation of such machines) will possibility demonize people who fight for their right, especially by those who couldn't give a toss if their body is seen by a stranger or not, and even discourage people from travelling (by air - less than 2 million people travel by air daily in the US - most use their car), I'm not too sure that these are the primary reasons for their being employed.

Politics are very clear, even more so in developing countries, where I am at the moment. Backhanders are rife and obvious feeble motives used to justify new projects are used almost every day. The bottom line is money, but of course the politician will never admit to that and so they use as I said these feeble reasons to justify their support. So every new road project, public building being built, bridge to nowhere, pointless project as there were when the stimulous bill was okayed (without earmarks - remember?) the end game was always the same. Make money off the back of public funds.

The politicians job has changed somewhat over the years from trying to get public funds for their region for projects for the benefit of the people, to getting public funds to their region for projects for their finacial benefit. If these projects are beneficial to the people, better still.

I could go deeper into the topic of public licitation but that would be another subject in itself, but suffice to say, these days everybody in the loop becomes wealthier. The principal motive for these scanners I beleive to be no different, so much so that after the sale they will eventually be mothballed as have so many other public projects before them.

Best regards,

Steve

John Briggs
24th November 2010, 15:15
Alex Jones uses many tactics and measures to get his point across. Sometime it is overboard but the message is what is important and not so much the messenger. There are two sides to this coin. On one hand I am all for more and safer security measures but I am also for the right of the people to stick up for there rights and work towards making a change when it is required of the people. It's wise that it's happening now with the TSA and it's measures before it gets so far out of reach of the people that nothing can be done. When a government wants to push something on the public it does bully the citizen into it and if citizens allow it to happen then what next? History has show that the possibilities are limitless. There are many things about the TSA security measures that need to be worked out still for it to serve the people's best interests in my humble opinion.

jackovesk
24th November 2010, 15:23
-----------

That image has been around for a while... I remember seeing it several weeks ago in Google images when searching for body scan information last month. It was clear it wasn't real.

Using it as a basis of the article was an honest error not initiated by Paul Watson (who wrote the piece), Alex Jones, or anyone on his staff.

The only mistake Paul Watson made was not to have spotted it wasn't authentic. The real issues are in plain site and nothing to do with this article.

Don't fall into the trap of using this to discredit someone doing an important job.

Also to intimidate the public, impress upon them the omnipresence of authority, criminalize or demonize people who protest against "very reasonable measures to protect the public", and discourage people from traveling.

It's part of the thin end of a large, planned wedge. There is a much bigger picture here.

Well said Bill, I back you up 150%...

I am growing a little tired of those that seem to revel in trying to put down Alex Jones, sure he may exagerate at times, but he has his heart in the right place and everyday tries to get the Truth out.

The real story here is not only the body scanners, but the TSA groping the Elderley, Disabled, Women and Children with the Govts. permission! As Ron Paul said on his show the other day "It's Disgusting"!

Zook
24th November 2010, 15:35
Good morning Bill, the Earth says hello!

-----------

I'm not sure I agree with that approach. The issue, for me, is bigger than Alex Jones, The truth shall win out ... is an abiding principle with me. So the question begs, can it be delivered on a truck of deception? It's possible, but the likelihood is very small. A truck of error? Again, it's possible, but the likelihood is not much bigger. To wit, something unexpected must happen to allow these trucks to make the delivery. Waiting for the unexpected to occur, alas, is a a fool's perch occupied, IMHO.

Logic dictates that to arrive at truth we must chart for it, e.g. have an expectation for our destination and journey (as opposed to having an expectation for truth's delivery). Waiting for delivery (via either the truck of deception or the truck of error) just runs the clock. In the words of the prophet of probabilities, Mr. Spock, that is illogical. Time is of the essence. We haven't got much of it before TBastardsTB begin their cruder implementations of the Georgia Guidestones. In this narrative, we don't have time to guess whether Alex Jones (or his group or anyone else for that matter) had made an honest error or not. We can certainly gamble that he did ... but then, we have to ask ourselves, how many times in the past did we make a similar gamble with Alex Jones? And how did that inform the truth? As importantly, would we have arrived at the same truth without assistance from Alex Jones? IMHO, a person committed to the truth must abide a greater standard of fact-checking than a person who is less committed. Certainly, Alex Jones has made enough missteps wrt truths in the period since January 2006 (e.g. when I first discovered Alex Jones and 9/11/2001 truth) ... that it has made me wonder whether I would've been better off had I not listened to him for three and a half years.

FWIW, I now get my information about the different layers of reality beneath the public layer, primarily from Avalon. I then fact-check for myself using multiple sources on the web, and also, through my own thrashing of the informational wheat husks with fellow Avalonians here. I find that the quality of my information is better this way. Jones is no longer a primary source for me but I still use his talkshow and youtube videos as secondary sources. He still has value in that regards.

To be sure, I'm not ready to jettison Jones and call him a gatekeeper (at least, I don't have the confidence to do that just yet); but if he doesn't quickly address this faked X-ray photo and make a solid retraction, I'm afraid his delivery truck will have blown the tire once again. Every time that happens, my mind recalls William Cooper's warnings about Jones; Mike Rivero's fallout with Jones; Alex Jones remarkable exemption of Israel (in the search for suspects in the 9/11/2001 Inside Job); etc. But even if my uneasiness about Jones is unfounded (and I would really be happy if that were the case), that still won't alter the fact that exaggeration of the truth is a disservice to the truth. Humans make honest mistakes; and honest humans quickly correct theirs. Here's hoping that Alex quickly corrects his. Humble opinions all around.

:typing:

ps: Hope I'm not stepping on anybody's toes or heroes (not my intention, far from it) ... but better to be a toe-stepping bastard like me than be a tool of TBastardsTB.

ps2: One more thought (and this speaks favorably for Alex Jones). In times of war, the truth is the first casualty. So if this is, in fact, an information war ... then the expectation is that both sides will resort to liberties with the truth. In this context, I will give Alex his due; of course, I don`t have to like it, agree with it, or abide with wartime relativism. Goliath and his boulder-bearing shoulder weapon may have been brought down by David and his pebble technology ... but even as a myth, the battle between David and Goliath speaks to the lack of equation between the warring parties. If the bad guys chose to take liberties with the truth ... it doesn't follow that the good guys should (wartime and peacetime with standing). Doesn't follow, no ... but neither is it unexpected.

Ahkenaten
24th November 2010, 16:01
not to make light of a serious subject..........but...............

http://www.rockyflatsgear.com/mens-brief-radiation-blocker.html

Ahkenaten
24th November 2010, 16:36
On the whole subject of airport "security" measures undertaken by the uber-TSA, there are a few main points to make: 1.) the overall approach IS NOT, according to the experts, an absolutely certain blanket terrorist detection method because it is a broad general method and fails to selectively target - and rigorously question - those who are most likely suspects. Moreover, according to Israeli experts on the subject, it is possible to carry dangerous materials through this type of electronic screening. 2.) Because the experts know very well this method is NOT the most effective, it is fair to assume there are other compelling reasons than security that the electronic screening and "pat-downs" are done. Top on the other reasons list is the fact that many people in government make money themselves from the sale of this gear to the government like Michael Chertoff, as just one example. And more importantly, creating a climate of fear and intimidation tests the limits of the endurance of the American People while turning up the heat in the pot the frogs are swimming in, conditioning the people to constant surveillance, elimination of their constitutional rights, and basic human dignity.

EVEN IN NAZI GERMANY ALL PEOPLE COMING IN AND OUT OF THE COUNTRY WERE NOT SUBJECT TO INVASIVE SEARCHES OF THEIR PERSONS.

It is high time people woke up and pushed back. Maybe it is too late - the civil libertarians said that the line in the sand would be the elimination of habeaus corpus.......................that, friends, was eliminated years ago when under the US Patriot Act, the government determined that it had the right to hold ANYONE indefinitely without informing them of what the charges were against them.

Carmody
24th November 2010, 17:18
As for truths, you'll never get one person having all the answers. And the persons who wish to move forward without ever making a mistake, by intense proofing, etc, they will move at a snails pace. A snails pace that is easy to slow even more, with a bit of subterfuge on the part of those wishing to confuse matters and slow things down. It may be good or bad intentions on those who slow things down. Probably someone looking for concrete answers will step in and confuse the issue through their ultimately ridiculous and personally polarized/shaped demands. :p That's the history of it. People seldom understand that the greatest enemy to truth is their own internal system of discernment. At the same time that this tool (their cortex driven mind/tool) is their way through the data. Ie, knives can be used for surgery to save lives...or they can be used to kill. The mind is a manifold tool that does not always work for us, intellectually speaking. The base level, the deepest and "pre-logic forming animal survival protect mode" is first and foremost interested solely in safety though concrete yes/no black/white answers. Every facet of 'real world' human existence will, must, and does go through that filter first. No exceptions.

I'm sorry. There will be no black and white answers..yesterday, today, or tomorrow. The only thing that works is to grow one's own capacity for discernment, and a n ability to hold large data sets and sift through them. At the same time, one has to have the ability to not believe one's own internal bull and internal desires.

This becomes a very big problem when unknowns (presented to an individual) in the human mind/body interface are first interpreted and shaped by the body's most base levels -- before the intellect has the chance to ruminate on the given data.

The best one can hope for, in my experience, is a slow but steady direction of truths or truth to emerge that will be slightly different for every person involved. The nature of truth for the self, as it involves the human system, is that truths evolve and show their faces slowly, and the face of it can be and will be different each day.

For the observer is reaching the limits of human comprehension.... and in that moment.... the human becomes the limit in the act of attempted discernment. And humans evolve..slowly..but surely..just like their comprehension and/or their capacity for comprehension of evolution in truths in/on reality.

Ahkenaten
24th November 2010, 17:33
Yes Camody and that is why the fear card is relentlessly played - it is the first and most basic screen..................it has been proven to work. It is most difficult to transcend this interior obstacle................

Zook
24th November 2010, 22:30
Hello Carmody,

As for truths
[...]

I concur with the above.

The best one can hope for, in my experience, is a slow but steady direction of truths or truth to emerge that will be slightly different for every person involved. The nature of truth for the self, as it involves the human system, is that truths evolve and show their faces slowly, and the face of it can be and will be different each day.

At the same time, you can't have justice without having truth. Truth delayed is justice delayed, and in some cases, denied (e.g. JFK assassination). So the question shifts towards the delay. If Joe Sixpack delays the truth (wittingly or unwittingly) ... is that the same as Alex Breweries delaying truth? Six bottles can derail the average human truthseeking unit; how many human truthseeking units can a brewery derail? Whereas truth itself is measured only by action (e.g the perturbation of time and space) ... the emergence of truth is measured by the number of human units defending it. In this narrative, the errors of Joe Sixpack are more or less insignificant in the delivery schedule of truth. The errors of Alex Breweries, by contrast, have great significance. FBoFW, Alex Jones is a brewery. He has the responsibilities of a brewery, not the responsibilities of the Happy Hour hermit. No one has forced these responsibilities on Alex. He has taken the responsibilities for himself; has even allocated regular airtime to solicit donations (e.g. to build upon those responsibilities). Kudos for Alex for doing that!

Alas, when one chooses to carry the grand basket of truth, one must do so with great care. A dropped grand basket is the metaphorical equivalent of a Brinks truck overturned in the middle of the road, with cash flying out its rear hatch to meet the swirlng wind. All the cars will stop on the road and spit their drivers with makeshift bags in tote; the nearby shops and stores will leak like a sieve as the human units in them rush out to meet the flying gold; and Rover will rip the holding pole as he seeks to join the fun. Point being, the truths - freshly emancipated from the grand containing basket - will be carted away in different directions. And there's still the Brinks truck blocking the road.

To wit, Alex Jones has a responsibility to meet the standard of fact-checking that the grand basket demands. You and I, too, would do wise to meet the same high standard of fact-checking; however, if we don't (being human, it's a given that sometimes we won't), there are no big consequences to the delivery of truth. Let us hope that Alex fixes his error sooner than later. His position demands that of him.

For the observer is reaching the limits of human comprehension.... and in that moment.... the human becomes the limit in the act of attempted discernment. And humans evolve..slowly..but surely..just like their comprehension and/or their capacity for comprehension of evolution in truths in/on reality.

I agree. I would just add that it is the duty of those with better discernment (by virtue of either ability or access to quality information) ... to step up and question information streams when those streams are blocked with gunk (wittingly or unwittingly). All in all, I think the ad hoc system of truth-gathering that us nonestablishment types have ... is performing as it should. When we stop questioning Alex on his errors, that's when we know that our ad hoc system has itself been compromised.

Humble opinions all around.

astrid
24th November 2010, 23:15
WELL , from where im sitting , anyone pushing the truth out , via any (peaceful) means is good and should be supported.... First of all people have to wake up, after which they start to get more discerning with what they are reading and listening to, etc , after re-discovering how to think. I mean we are all talking about these things from our awakened state, and we all know to varying degrees what is going on. As in that there is an agenda out there that does not include our welfare or the welfare of the planet, etc, etc.
We cant forget that the bulk of the population is still asleep......

In my mind its a process, and everyone takes in information differently. I personally don't like the way Alex delivers and " packages" information... BUT theres NO question hes waking people up, his audience is HUGE,

Personally i think the times we are in require that we all support each other fighting for the same cause......

(with all respect to others opinons here , of course)

BTW....I was watching an interview yesterday of Jacque Fresco from freedom central, he told a story of how, as a child, he turned around his mothers distain for the Japanese.
He bought home a Japanese friend from school and she told him to leave , and he did. Jacque then told his mother that this child had saved his life from a drowning incident - which was a tall story.
On hearing this his mother begged Jacque to invite the boy back, he did his mother got to know him, discovering he was just like everyone else, and quashing her view of the Japanese....
Jacque then told his mother the truth..

Its a good interview and worth watching, brilliant man , with some excellent ideas on how we might get out of this mess....

(here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP4gx4dMarI )

peace, Astrid

Teakai
24th November 2010, 23:55
Alex Jones has said himself that sometimes he just gets so passionate about things that he might get carried away with what he says, because he feels it's so important.
I don't think he's trying to stop people from flying, because he's said that he himself is going to continue to fly (On the show when Jesse Ventura saud he was no longer going to) So, if it's about getting people not to fly - well, he's not leading by example.

With the model and the naked photos - wasn't the article about what they can do to the naked body scan images - were the photos just used as an example of what reverse imaging does using the picture of a model?
Thinking about it - they couldn't really use just any persons photo if reverse imaging does come out so clearly.
Not looking for excuses here - but I don't think the article actually said who the model was - it was an assumption - they're not stupid, they would know themselves the arms of the girl were in a different postion to the naked images and that it was there for all to see.

To me, Alex J comes across as honest and passionate - and even if he does over exaggerate, it's basis is truth. And I find his guest extremely informative.

I really hope you're right about the naked body scanners being bought and then set aside after a while, Steve - but I think it's an overly optimistic thought.

Zook
25th November 2010, 01:29
Hi Teakai,

[...]
With the model and the naked photos - wasn't the article about what they can do to the naked body scan images - were the photos just used as an example of what reverse imaging does using the picture of a model?
Thinking about it - they couldn't really use just any persons photo if reverse imaging does come out so clearly.
Not looking for excuses here - but I don't think the article actually said who the model was - it was an assumption - they're not stupid, they would know themselves the arms of the girl were in a different postion to the naked images and that it was there for all to see.
To me, Alex J comes across as honest and passionate - and even if he does over exaggerate, it's basis is truth. And I find his guest extremely informative.
I really hope you're right about the naked body scanners being bought and then set aside after a while, Steve - but I think it's an overly optimistic thought.

Thanx for the clarification, Teakai! I briefly scanned the article (before my first post) and assumed that they were promoting the image as an authentic airport scanner photo. I just came back from reading the article - this time with a working brain - and you are correct, the article was not about the authenticity of the image (e.g. wrt it being an airport scanner photo) ... rather, the image was being used to demonstrate reverse-imaging. Mea culpa. And a big apology to Alex Jones! He (nor his staff) did anything wrong in their article.

ps: I would just like to add that the article could've been better written. There is plenty of room for visitors to get the wrong impression, e.g. that the photo came from an airport scanner. So I can understand Steve's reasons for starting this thread.

Humble Janitor
25th November 2010, 01:54
I see the uproar over the body scanners as something that can easily be solved. If more people refuse to submit to such draconian measures, those measures become nil.

True, the majority of the flying public will not boycott but they probably should. I would not want to be subjected to harmful doses of radiation just to be able to fly. I would prefer to drive, take a train or ride a bus.

Teakai
25th November 2010, 03:37
I see the uproar over the body scanners as something that can easily be solved. If more people refuse to submit to such draconian measures, those measures become nil.
True, the majority of the flying public will not boycott but they probably should. I would not want to be subjected to harmful doses of radiation just to be able to fly. I would prefer to drive, take a train or ride a bus.

I totally agree, Humble Janitor - which is one of the reasons why people need to wake up.

Most of the people don't realise they're being irradiated each time they go through - they think it's safe - although they're thinking being felt up is a bit much, but they still line up and do it.

Seikou-Kishi
25th November 2010, 03:38
Personally, I would hesitate to say what is and what is not logical; logic and rational thinking require that our premises are not assumed but are supportable, but in logic we find the assumption that logic is desirable over, say, an emotional or irrational response. Since logic demands support for asssumptions, we must provide a reason for logic being preferable to "illogic", and any attempt to provide a reason by necessity presupposes the conclusion in the premise, that is to say, using logic to justify logic is like using god to justify the bible and the bible to justify god.

I'm rather disaffected, therefore, with what logic insists must be so or must not be so, since experience very often bears out that that the writ of logic doesn't run here.

Seikou-Kishi

Humble Janitor
25th November 2010, 06:15
I totally agree, Humble Janitor - which is one of the reasons why people need to wake up.

Most of the people don't realise they're being irradiated each time they go through - they think it's safe - although they're thinking being felt up is a bit much, but they still line up and do it.

Exactly and then they go crying to politicians like Ron Paul to do something about it.

As I suggested, if you want to hit their pockets and hit them hard, don't bother flying at all. Protests and whining will not do much to hurt them.

steve_a
25th November 2010, 09:11
Hi Everyone,

I really do like the way this thread is panning out with great rational from both sides of the discussion. Astrid made apoint that Alex Jones is waking a lot of people up and that his audience is huge. I can't deny that for a moment and I wasn't trying to say otherwise. Merely pointing out an interesting article which a blogger and I and I imagine hundreds of others thought was a little slight of hand, at the least ingenuity from the Jones camp. It isn't the first time this happened.

The most famous and which brought so much negative feed back was the Sheen interview with the President of the US Obama, where, after publishing a twenty minute interview between the actor and the president using a headline Sheens Twenty Minutes with the President, the site omitted to say that there was no interview, that the scenário was in fact the contents of an open letter to the the head of government by Sheen. This was rectified almost immediately, within hours, with a change in headline and a disclaimer and the comments section of almost all the site turned off for a couple of days.

The thing is once the alternative media starts to sensationalize or mislead the consumer, it makes it no better than mainstream, not so much as the subject matter, but whether it can be trusted.

I too am an Alex Jones follower, I read his site daily and listen to his interviews whenever I have the time or interest, but that doesn't make him immune. He needs to be responsible just as Fox News does. If he behaves in the same way as Fox News, what's the difference? Except that the stories are different.

Best regards,

Steve

13th Warrior
28th November 2010, 01:04
Ha ha! Nice back peddling Steve. 8^)p

It's good to see others reversing their positions considering the following...

Simply stated: Alex Jones' work speaks for its self; if you don't know where he stands then you haven't been following along. Also, his support base also speaks for its self; i don't know of any other personalility that has the high powered backing that Alex Jones recieves on a daily basis.

Be that as it may, nun of us get it 100% correct. The mear fact that we are here now and having this conversation should make it clear that we are not ascended masters!

NoTingles
28th November 2010, 01:38
msg. deleted

NoTingles
28th November 2010, 01:41
msg. deleted

bluestflame
28th November 2010, 01:57
noticed prison cells are equipt with a tv set

norman
28th November 2010, 02:11
if you want to hit their pockets and hit them hard, don't bother flying at all.

errr... maybe they WANT you to stop flying?

Carmody
28th November 2010, 02:39
noticed prison cells are equipt with a tv set

Don't go to jail! you'll only end up feeding the Television! Don't feed it or encourage it!

As for flying, yes, it is my feeling that they want you to stop flying.

efjay
28th November 2010, 11:19

i don't understand what the big deal is. the pics used on AJ's site are often composites created in photoshop.

i vascillate between loving alex's howard beale rant and being disgusted by his aggressive vibe and low mentality. but the guests are perhaps the best reason to listen in.

isn't truth about discernment? learning to use the internal compass. disinformation is all around us in both mainstream and - perhaps especially - in the alternative press.

little grandmother's approach is interesting because it assumes that once we have decided to love one another and see who we truly are, a different source of solutions will arise. this fits very well with einstein's premise that we cannot solve our current problems with the same mentality that brought them about in the first place.