PDA

View Full Version : Question for forum: cremation or burial?

norski
31st July 2015, 17:00
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry to post such a morbid question; however, I am really trying to find the right answer to this question. Running an animal shelter for senior cats and dogs, most between the ages of 12 and 22, I lose one or two a year. It's been my practice to cremate in the past; but, I wonder if burial is ok too.

I've read in various places that an animal's spirit lingers around their body sometimes for a period of several hours. So, I usually allow their bodies to remain on a pet bed at home for a bit, remind them they are welcome as long as they wish and allow their friends to say goodbye, and then take them for cremation.

I realize I may be thinking way too much about this as the spirit will find its way; but, I am still quite obsessed about doing the right thing.

From what I know, the Hindus believe that cremation frees the spirit from the body to travel onward. Most westerners have historically preferred the 6 feet under and embalmed so that the body remains pristine for 50 years or more (which seems crazy and really gross to me).

Sorry for the bummer topic; but, I'm really hoping to find some insights from all of you.

Many thanks for your thoughtful responses.

Awakening2014
31st July 2015, 17:06
I also would love to hear so insights in this. Thanks for the great thought provoking thread!

Elainie
31st July 2015, 17:17
We chose cremation for our Italian Greyhound that was killed May 20th. His ashes were put into a nice memorial box along with his photo.

Meggings
31st July 2015, 17:23
Speaking of humans, I have read and heard channeled info and have discussed this, and the concensus seems to be three days before either cremation or embalming. Is it not referred to peripherally in The Tibetan Book of the Dead to wait three days?

I requested that my beloved partner not be cremated for at least three days after his death. Unknown to me, the crematorium did this FIVE days afterwards, and that is when he came to visit me - five days after his death. It seemed to me that the cremation released his attachment to the body, and he was then free to come see me. (By the way, he came accompanied by a being of radiating gold light who assisted his visit.)

Machaelle Small Wright of Perelandra has assisted her animal pets in transition, and I seem to recall hearing that an animal separates from its body more quickly than humans do.

I cannot give hard and fast advice, but I have often contemplated what is best to do. All my cats have been held at death, and then buried on the property. I like that you speak to them, Norski. I like that you show respect.

Finefeather
31st July 2015, 17:36
After hundreds of years in this planet the bodies of humans have become saturated with all forms of parasites...germs...viruses...and chemicals which poison the earth.
"Cremation can reduce the risks of further poisoning and will in the future be decreed by law. Not even this will be sufficient, however, since also minerals can give rise to disease, a fact the implications of which mankind cannot escape."

The custom of burying human corpses with all their germs of disease, as well as the
custom of manuring the earth with human excrements, has had the effect that the earth is
thoroughly poisoned. Nowadays also the water is poisoned since faeces are flushed out into
lakes. Plants assimilate germs of disease and pass them on, and fish as well. When, some time
in the future, science has realized this fact, cremation will be made compulsory and human
waste be neutralized in special factories. Cultivated earth with its germs of disease will be
disinfected. Many hundreds of years later we may expect that the diseases brought to us
through the vegetable life will be eradicated.
“So thoroughly poisoned is mankind by the three basic diseases, cancer, syphilis, and
tuberculosis (syphilis and tuberculosis existed already in Lemurians, the third root-race), that
the basic cause of all disease is in these three latent tendencies in the organism.” (D.K.) This
is of course a fact that science is totally unable to ascertain.

Besides there is nothing any 'spirit' is going to want to do with any old dead piece of organic body.

Ashes to ashes...dust to dust.

Take care
Ray

ghostrider
31st July 2015, 17:47
According to the information given by the Plejaren , burial is the way to go ... the body has fine fluidal forces that remain in the bones after death , and these forces have some sort of genetic/life memory and take a very long time to slowly leave the body and move to the children or relative of the deceased ... these forces travel done the ancestry line of each person , so it means you get the life force knowledge of your mothers , mothers , mother's grandfathers , grandfather , you see how I'm explaining it , it has a very long lineage , if you burn the body , the family cannot benefit from the fine fluidal forces passed down for millions of years ...

Mercedes
31st July 2015, 17:55
I used to think I wanted to be cremated, now... I... mmm... no, still want to be cremated, the spirit will know what to do.

ghostrider
31st July 2015, 17:59
I used to think I wanted to be cremated, now... I... mmm... no, still want to be cremated, the spirit will know what to do.

according to the ET's that would cut-off all your future generations from gaining the knowledge/life forces that you have spent gathering your whole life ... but in the end it's your decision , I respect that ...

Finefeather
31st July 2015, 18:07
According to the information given by the Plejaren , burial is the way to go ... the body has fine fluidal forces that remain in the bones after death , and these forces have some sort of genetic/life memory and take a very long time to slowly leave the body and move to the children or relative of the deceased ... these forces travel done the ancestry line of each person , so it means you get the life force knowledge of your mothers , mothers , mother's grandfathers , grandfather , you see how I'm explaining it , it has a very long lineage , if you burn the body , the family cannot benefit from the fine fluidal forces passed down for millions of years ...
Sorry to say but this is just not true.... and who are the Plejaren, if you don't mind me asking?

It sound very similar to cultural beliefs which are still around in older races like the American Indians and the Egyptians who embalmed the dead thinking that it would be used again.

This practice comes from ignorance of life and the true use of the organic body in our consciousness growth.

Any dead and buried body has no relationship with any future Self who incarnates...and decay starts to set in within hours after the etheric body has dislocated from it.

A body is simply a means to perceive in the physical world and has no further use after the Self has completed it's cycle in the current incarnation.

Take care
Ray

Finefeather
31st July 2015, 18:12

according to the ET's that would cut-off all your future generations from gaining the knowledge/life forces that you have spent gathering your whole life ... but in the end it's your decision , I respect that ...
You keep referring to the ETs...can you give out the link to where they actually tell this to someone?... Where did you read this?...Did you actually meet the ETs and they told you this?

Just curious
Ray

avid
31st July 2015, 18:18
Thank you for your concerns, I deduced that the wee animals seem to 'know' they are going, and their friends need to have some evidence of the departure. I let my cat sniff his friends dead body for assurance, but when we had to put another cat to sleep, I brought his cat bed back for the survivor to sniff, and understand. It seems that their friends acknowledge their departure, and that is so important. We were so devasted at the loss of our first cat Giles, we were crying all day. However, at feeding time, his doppelgänger appeared in the place he would normally appear, we tried to coax him for food, but he just wandered off under the hedge. Never saw that cat before or since.

Finefeather
31st July 2015, 18:22
Speaking of humans, I have read and heard channeled info and have discussed this, and the concensus seems to be three days before either cremation or embalming. Is it not referred to peripherally in The Tibetan Book of the Dead to wait three days?

I requested that my beloved partner not be cremated for at least three days after his death. Unknown to me, the crematorium did this FIVE days afterwards, and that is when he came to visit me - five days after his death. It seemed to me that the cremation released his attachment to the body, and he was then free to come see me. (By the way, he came accompanied by a being of radiating gold light who assisted his visit.)

Machaelle Small Wright of Perelandra has assisted her animal pets in transition, and I seem to recall hearing that an animal separates from its body more quickly than humans do.

I cannot give hard and fast advice, but I have often contemplated what is best to do. All my cats have been held at death, and then buried on the property. I like that you speak to them, Norski. I like that you show respect.
The etheric body needs time to dislocate from the organic body in normal circumstances... and yes this could take a few days...so this advice would be useful just in case the 'soul' decides it still wants to carry on longer in that body.

An interesting difference is our Muslim brothers...who insist to bury the dead within 24 hours after been declared clinically dead...

Ray

Zanshin
31st July 2015, 18:41
Thanks for posing this question norski,

I had thought of asking the same, albeit for people rather than our pets.

I was convinced that cremation was the best option after seeing those close to me fuss over a grave for many years, of one close who passed early.

Then I talked to some Maori folk from New Zealand who place much stock in burial - I believe in regard to maintaining connection to kin down the line.

I just figured that those left behind could mourn by spreading ashes somewhere special and return to the special place in memory and reflection rather

than a graveyard.

I too, would be interested to hear any insight on this topic.

RunningDeer
31st July 2015, 18:58
Wolfie was cremated, April of 2014. I spread his ashes over his favorite romping grounds. He’s still around in spirit and hangs with me in my dreams. Sometimes, I hear the jingle of his tags and smell him.

http://avalonlibrary.net/paula/Love/Wolf_zpse538972d.JPG

This is my post of Mikie who was buried.

My neighbor, Barbara had a dog named, Mikie. As part of his training, she’d walk him around the circle driveway, and also he’d accompanied her with the chores like empty trash and care for the horses. Always the same trot from both of them, and same hand positions with the leash.

One morning, Barbara emptied the trash and came around the circle. Only this time, she walked with an invisible leash, the same hand positions as always. And Mikie? He was trotting right by her side only in his light-body. I blinked a couple of times, still in disbelief.

That afternoon, Barbara dug a deep hole with the farm equipment next to the horse fence. Then she walked the circle alone with a wrapped up bundle. She lowered herself into the knee deep hole, and gently laid her Mikie to rest.

RunningDeer ♡

Selkie
31st July 2015, 19:04
What about asking the animal in question what he or she would prefer, as they get near the end? Just a thought.

RunningDeer
31st July 2015, 19:20
My son was cremated. Before I received the official word of them finding his body, I knew early in the morning when an intense feeling came over me. In my mind I heard, “You’re never given more than what you can handle.“ The night before the funeral he came with a comforting message and a feather.

The Spirit doesn’t care one way or another. If I had my way, I’d share this organic body with the birds, animals and worms. Then let the rest turn into compost.

RunningDeer ♡

Selkie
31st July 2015, 19:39
My son was cremated. Before I received the official word of them finding his body, I knew early in the morning when an intense feeling came over me. In my mind I heard, “You’re never given more than what you can handle.“ The night before the funeral he came with a comforting a message and a feather.

Spirit doesn’t care one way or another. If I had my way, I’d share this organic body with the birds, animals and worms. Then let the rest turn into compost.

RunningDeer ♡

I am so sorry for your loss, RunningDeer.

For myself...for my body, I mean...I would like to be buried in the sky, like some Native American people do. But since that is illegal, I would opt for cremation. I do not want to be embalmed. I think it is a gruesome practice the way they do it now.

Elainie
31st July 2015, 19:50
What about asking the animal in question what he or she would prefer, as they get near the end? Just a thought.

Yes, good idea. Sometimes death for animals is tragic and there is no time to ask~ Luca my IG was the first pet I chose to be cremated, perhaps because we were in shock and couldn't handle the logistics of burial. . I was happy with the cremation services offered through our vet, they even made a paw print ornament for us (free of charge).

The morning after he was killed, I heard him barking~ it was the strangest thing but more strange things occurred afterwards that only my 2 youngest son's could hear. Luca liked to watch whale documentaries with my oldest daughter. For a period of several days after his death my 3 and 11 year old heard whale sounds coming from my daughter's room. They were both astonished we couldn't hear the sounds and only they could hear it. I think Luca was playing a joke~ he was very jester like in life so in the afterlife- no difference!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

[QUOTE=RunningDeer;984275]My son was cremated. Before I received the official word of them finding his body, I knew early in the morning when an intense feeling came over me. In my mind I heard, “You’re never given more than what you can handle.“ The night before the funeral he came with a comforting a message and a feather.

Spirit doesn’t care one way or another. If I had my way, I’d share this organic body with the birds, animals and worms. Then let the rest turn into compost.

RunningDeer ♡

I am so sorry for your loss, RunningDeer.

Yes, me too~ very sorry Runningdeer.

greybeard
31st July 2015, 19:56
Sorry for your loss RunningDeer
Im leaving the decision up to those left behind--it will probably be cremation because burial plots are becoming scarce here.
The amount I smoke--im half way cremated anyway.

Chris

Matt P
31st July 2015, 19:59
My son was cremated. Before I received the official word of them finding his body, I knew early in the morning when an intense feeling came over me. In my mind I heard, “You’re never given more than what you can handle.“ The night before the funeral he came with a comforting a message and a feather.

RunningDeer ♡

This is what I want, too, Paula. Just put me in the ground...or float me out into the ocean...no casket or anything...nature's way. It's probably illegal, though.
My 14-year-old lab, Jake, passed in December of last year. We had the vet come to the house to give the injection so he could be in his bed, with his family. I dug a big hole in the back yard, had a little service for him and still get to visit when I want. :)

Matt

greybeard
31st July 2015, 20:12
When we had no choice but to let our Prince Charles go she was buried in the garden.
Im no longer resident at that house but when I visit I could swear she is running own the garden to greet me.
Any one who does not know what love is has never had a dog for a pet.
She would say "I love you" in the most near to a human voice I have heard come from an animal.
Its been some years but I sorely miss our walks.

Chris

Elainie
31st July 2015, 20:19
When we had no choice but to let our Prince Charles go she was buried in the garden.
Im no longer resident at that house but when I visit I could swear she is running own the garden to greet me.
Any one who does not know what love is has never had a dog for a pet.
She would say "I love you" in the most near to a human voice I have heard come from an animal.
Its been some years but I sorely miss our walks.

Chris

Luca, our IG would also say I love you- we have it on video. So cute. Our new greyhound does not say it lol!

Meggings
31st July 2015, 20:53
These posts are rich with emotions and love and caring, and it has stirred these things within us because human beings are empathic (as mpennery's video by Jeremy Rifkin shows well).

My heart is with you Greybeard regarding your Prince Charles, and you Matt, with your Jake, being able to visit him in your backyard. In the 1950s our pet cats were buried in the corner of our back garden, and I could always feel them there greeting me. I was little and open to such things.

When a family cat had to be put down once, I had been "locked out" of my home, my husband had not noticed the cat was getting sick, and daughter on a visit home from university took the cat to the vet. It was a wrench to me that after a week of trying to save her life, the vet put her down. I was not involved. It was a wrench to me that I carried for years that a family member was...was where?

Please note that THIS is the grey cat that came bounding up to greet me in great joy in 4D some time ago, and which I wrote about only recently on the Avalon forum. So she came to reassure me. Is not life itself magnificent?

Chris Gilbert
31st July 2015, 21:25
My fiance's father was cremated when he died, and his ashes were spread at Tahquamenon Falls in northern Michigan. There's a sense of sacredness there.

It's actually very bad Feng Shui to live near a cemetery with buried bodies, not so much because of ghosts (they tend to frequent other areas), but rather due an unbalanced accumulation of a form of Yin Qi that is harmful to humans.

A single animal being buried in a natural manner sans any sort of casket is a different matter though.

Demeisen
31st July 2015, 21:34
Sorry to say but this is just not true.... and who are the Plejaren, if you don't mind me asking?

It sound very similar to cultural beliefs which are still around in older races like the American Indians and the Egyptians who embalmed the dead thinking that it would be used again.

This practice comes from ignorance of life and the true use of the organic body in our consciousness growth.

Any dead and buried body has no relationship with any future Self who incarnates...and decay starts to set in within hours after the etheric body has dislocated from it.

A body is simply a means to perceive in the physical world and has no further use after the Self has completed it's cycle in the current incarnation.

Take care
Ray

I believe ghostrider is referring to Billy Meier material and the race he was allegedly in contact with. According to the material, these Plejarens (Pleijadians?) have some other quite hmm.. unexpected views (for an advanced civilization) about spirit world and afterlife. They also believe when you die, your soul development completely stalls. Spirits doesn't know anything more than they did in physical life, and there is nothing to gain in afterlife. They regard spirit world as uninteresting place where empty minded "shells" wander while waiting for their next incarnation.

Lost N Found
31st July 2015, 21:34
I am not sure about the question of Cremation or burial but I do know this, We have had Two cats and a very sweet German Shepard mix and every one of these family members lived with us for a minimum of 13 years. When they got old or sick from something we always had a very hard time taking them to the vet to be calmed and taken away from misery. We cremated them and had their ashes sealed in a special urn. Not I still see my buddy's walking the house or playing outside to this day and there are so many times during the night or even the day that doors open and I see the shadow of one of them. My dogs name was Kitty and I had a cat at the same time that was named Buzz. When both of them went home we had a beautiful black recluse cat show up and we named her Bee. She was so sweet and would not let anything come on our property without a challenge. She was big and a survivor 18 lbs at the lite. but one day a neighbor poisoned his property with that nasty stuff called Roundup and she just happened to eat some of the grass and after that she slowly died. I miss her a lot.

Wind
31st July 2015, 21:45
Almost everyone and every being is buried in this country and culture, because Christians wait for the resurrection, right? I don't think the body is even supposed to be resurrected in this life. The spirit will leave the mortal vessel when it is time to leave and that time is decided before we are even born. I hope that from my ashes plants and flowers will grow. I think I would cremate my dog when the time comes, as hard it as it may be since he is my great companion in life. You can greatly love people and animals in this life and letting go can be the hardest part... And yet life continues.

blake
31st July 2015, 22:33
As far as animals, I have been visited by animal spirits who were cremated and those who were buried.

I find the question intriguing. I usually have an opinion on most subjects but this question has me puzzled and I do ponder it one in a while.

What I know for sure, is that no one know everything. And I doubt if anyone actually has the answer to this. When I was younger, it seemed people preferred funerals. Over the last 20 years or so it seems that now most people prefer cremation and a memorial service. It would be interesting, if I ever have the time, to read up on burial and cremation practices. I honestly don;t know if burial has any significance for the life force on any level. I honestly don;t know if cremation hurts the life force on any level fro the person who just dies or the universe or the descendants. I now always bury my pets in my gardens. I think I would prefer a funeral but unless I discover some reason Not t o be cremated, I have opted for that strictly for financial aspects of it. I would rather my kids take the $8000 that would probably cost for the funeral and take a nice vacation with that money instead or gift the money to a singlel parent to ease a bit of the stress from being a single parent so the parent can be a better parent to the kids.

It is a puzzling question and I am looking forward to reading about anyone who has read any perspective or why cremation in the long run might be the wrong thing for the human race?

Daughter of Time
31st July 2015, 23:14
I would choose cremation.

The land is for the living.

blueyedgirlaura
1st August 2015, 02:11
I think the very fact that you are this concerned for other beings in such a loving way means that you should trust your heart. It may not be the same for every animal. We all have personal preferences, I'm pretty sure the animals' opinions on this can vary as much their personalities definitely do! I say, "trust your heart and stay in the moment"! <3

eagle0027
1st August 2015, 04:30
As blueeye say above...trust your heart.With many to deal with as opposed to one ,changes the choices for sure.Think its more of a matter of being respectful.Growing up on a mixed farm was early lessons about life and death.As for me--would love for my body to be booted out of a hellicoper over the dense jungles of centeral America--Soon to be covered by leaves and go back to earth ----as its nutrients and sunlight are our makeup.It just feels like the right thing.Although obiously our society belief structure doesn't generally see the beauty of this.

Very personal matters......Ed

ghostrider
1st August 2015, 04:43

You keep referring to the ETs...can you give out the link to where they actually tell this to someone?... Where did you read this?...Did you actually meet the ETs and they told you this?

Just curious
Ray

The future of mankind website , and they fly.com ,and the figure wedbsite... The ets are the plejaren...

RunningDeer
1st August 2015, 07:57

Just curious
Ray

The future of mankind website , and they fly.com ,and the figure wedbsite... The ets are the plejaren...

Here's a couple of links based on what you provided: The Future Of Mankind (http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Main_Page) & TheyFly.com (http://theyfly.com)

<3

KiwiElf
1st August 2015, 08:28
Well, "dust-to-dust" and all that... I'll stick with cremation, ta ... takes up less room than a burial plot ;)

Carmen
1st August 2015, 09:13
Wellll!!!!! What I'd really like to do is take my body with me! Much tidier! Just poof, and you are gone.

As for our pets and other animals that die, we bury them. Make it an occasion. The physical work helps with the grief, the letting go. I like it where at some peoples funerals I've been to (generally young people) people grab a shovel and fill in the grave.

KiwiElf
1st August 2015, 09:40
LOL no I don't want to take my body with me - it needs ... ironing!

Pam
1st August 2015, 13:05
norski, First of all I want to say thank you for what you are doing for the animals. I can see you are very compassionate towards them. I also wonder about animals and any afterlife that they might experience. In regards to animals and dying, I wouldn't worry one bit about them. Animals have maintained a balanced connection with the earth and their experience here. I believe that whatever should happen, will happen. I don't see them clinging to the earth experience. Animals reach death in a state of acceptance like they do with everything else. It is humans that that will have the problem of clinging to this life, or perhaps denial that they are dead. I believe this would be ego based, something that I don't believe animals have.

As far as burial vs. cremation, when speaking of humans, I feel that cremation is the right thing to do. As the population on the planet grows it seems like a waste of space to reserve areas for burial. Look at all the natural resources that go into a burial, not to mention the toxic chemicals used for embalming. I just can't believe the universe is that tricky that if we don't choose the "correct" way to dispose of our bodies we will somehow suffer for it. I can't imagine my spirit clinging to a dead, embalmed body in a casket anymore then I would to a pile of ashes.

huyi82
1st August 2015, 13:26
cremation is the best way imo, your body is just a shell for this physical plane, although your body is the only thing the people you left behind can interact with i understand that but cremation helps the aid of moving on and letting go.

Mike Gorman
1st August 2015, 14:39
It is something I used to think about, but after 57 years of witnessing a few deaths and observing the flow of life I think our body is essentially a 'meat suit' and whatever leaves, the spirit, the life force, the soul is the essential ingredient - it would not matter to this what occurs to the organic machine it inhabited. That's my take. Seeing someone who has just passed it is obvious that there is a soul.

ghostrider
1st August 2015, 18:05
The plejaren have brought the teaching of life, death, and rein beam , the same spirit form inhabited each prophet ...carnation, to earth for 13,500 years , each time mankind corrupts the teachings to keep humans enslaved with religion and false doctrine ... The words of the prophets Enoch,isiah,Elijah,Jeremiah,Immanuel,Muhammad, were corrupted by men, until now with the age of computers the teachings are preserved in the words of the seventh prophet , beam ...the same spirit form inhabits all the prophets, just different personalities ... That spirit comes from the plejaren lineage ...from another universe ...they follow it where ever it incarnates...

Finefeather
1st August 2015, 18:18
The plejaren have brought the teaching of life, death, and rein beam , the same spirit form inhabited each prophet ...carnation, to earth for 13,500 years , each time mankind corrupts the teachings to keep humans enslaved with religion and false doctrine ... The words of the prophets Enoch,isiah,Elijah,Jeremiah,Immanuel,Muhammad, were corrupted by men, until now with the age of computers the teachings are preserved in the words of the seventh prophet , beam ...the same spirit form inhabits all the prophets, just different personalities ... That spirit comes from the plejaren lineage ...from another universe ...they follow it where ever it incarnates...
No one is going to stop anyone from believing the fiction that Billy Meiers has brought to a world where most people could not tell truth if it stared them in the face.

ghostrider
1st August 2015, 18:22
It's up to each person to walk their own path and find truth ...

Rhah
1st August 2015, 18:24
Definitely cremation. Our bodies are just a shell or vessel for the current life or experience that we are living, or at least that's the way I've come to look at it, so I don't see a point in "preserving" it, if you will, by burying it underground.
Plus the fact that it'd be torn apart and feasted upon by bugs is far from a comforting thought to me.

Deega
1st August 2015, 18:52
Hey, I have asked the question in the Spiritual Forum, and most of the answers were cremation. Done the same in the Near-Death Forum, not much responses.

Recently, my wife and I have completed our Funeral Arrangement where, we will be cremated 8 days after death of body.

Ewan
1st August 2015, 21:30
I want a woodland burial in a cardboard box so whatever nutrients are in me can go back to the earth that has tried to nourish us all.

Jesse
2nd August 2015, 00:56
I used to want to be buried but decades of watching the way humans sometimes behave after having uncovered ancient remains has left me not wanting to be any part of it. My current plan is to be cremated and have my ashes buried. As for animals, I have never had a pet cremated; I don’t think anyone in our family ever has. Actually when I think about it I can’t recall one person in our family, any blood relative, or relative by marriage who has ever been cremated so I suppose I’ll be the first.

Lost N Found
2nd August 2015, 01:33
Well, I did post a comment here about cremating my pets after sending them on their way. Now as for me, I do believe that I do not want to cause undo hardship on my family members as far as me going to another plane of existence. So my whole thought is to feed the animals or fish with this fleshy body or shell. That does not mean I am to buried in some expensive piece of man made hardware or burnt to ash and put in some urn or anything like that. It does mean that no one is going to suck my family members for any money in any way. I would say to friends and family, If you think you have to spend money upon my passing then through a big party somewhere and have some beers for me. Smile and laugh and know some animal is getting fed somewhere with the meat of the matter. Hope to see you on the other side. I will be sure to leave a note that says Goodbye and I sure had fun.

amor
2nd August 2015, 05:31
The spirit lingers in the vicinity of the body for the first few days. I have had proof of this and also of the possibility that it may remain near the body in the grave. If cremation is selected, one should pay before death to have the body held on ice for at least six days before cremation.

Carmen
2nd August 2015, 06:22
The spirit lingers in the vicinity of the body for the first few days. I have had proof of this and also of the possibility that it may remain near the body in the grave. If cremation is selected, one should pay before death to have the body held on ice for at least six days before cremation.

Good advice Amor. I read somewhere that cremation should happen a week after death as all the cells take that long to die. Otherwise they may be burned alive. Can anyone else back up that info cos I'm not sure that's a fact.

kirolak
2nd August 2015, 07:56
I have to say I agree with the lyrics of a song I heard once, by Konstantin Wecker. . . .ich will so offen liegen, dass mich meine Hunde kriegen. . .I want to lie out in the open, so that my dogs can get at me; it sounds brutal and morbid, but death is really just another step on our evolutionarty journey, isn't it? But to be practical, cremation seems the cleanest way to go, but only after the process of rigor mortis has set in. I have never seen a spirit lingering after this, but this is just my own experience.

I have 2 cats bodies buried on my property, but other animals that were in my care were cremated after they discarnated. I actually think that whether or not one clings to the mortal body is dependent on one's last thoughts, as taught in Buddhism. I have a mantra set up on my pc desktop, ready for my daughter to play to me as I die, and I played the same one to my dear Rajah who passed over not long ago. Bodily identification is something I believe we must consciously try to overcome, and as I met many animals in the astral, it seems especially cats are able to be conscious in many "worlds" at the same time, and are less spiritually compartmentalized than we human animals.

I salute you humbly for your wonderful work with elderly animals, Norski! :heart: Animals are at our mercy and so many of them pass over in pain, fear and confusion in the horrors of the slaughter house, we have a huge karmic debt to them

Selkie
2nd August 2015, 12:50
I just remembered this,

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/cienciareal/esp_chaman_08.htm

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/43ancients/04images/Turkey/Gobekli/gobekli_tepe01_03.jpg

That is the way I would want my body to be disposed of, if I had the choice.

As an aside, the griffon vulture is one of my totem animals,

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zCplyDH0XMM/UMbPNGN92lI/AAAAAAAAAOU/-V91ebFu_n0/s1600/220px-Gyps_fulvus_-Oakland_Zoo-8a.jpg

p.s. to the OP, I don't think it is a morbid subject at all. Death is a part of life.

norski
2nd August 2015, 17:19
Thank you, everyone, for your thoughtful responses. I, too, am sorry RunningDeer for your loss. It is never easy to say good bye for those of us who are left behind.

Rocky_Shorz
2nd August 2015, 17:27
A few years back a gifted friend I was connected to passed, the moment she was cremated I tried calling, no answer, called her friend and found she had just been cremated that day, most likely right when I felt I had to call...

There is something in the body, most likely the heart that keeps us connected to family and friends that is lost from cremation, I will be buried...

Finefeather
2nd August 2015, 21:19
There is something in the body, most likely the heart that keeps us connected to family and friends that is lost from cremation, I will be buried...
The human body is an organism made up of organs... which consist of molecules in different configurations... which allow them to serve some purpose.

The heart is one of these organs...it is a pump which circulates blood... which is energized with life force... coming from the etheric envelope...via the spleen.

This life force or prana is a step down of energy and it flows through our bodies to give life to the organs of the body.

When the etheric envelope dislocates from the body...including the heart...the body has served it's purpose and decay sets in.

There is no 'connection' of the heart to anyone after death...in any form...be it burial or cremation...

Any 'connection' with others...like family and friends...is directly from the 'soul'.

How can a dead and decaying organ like the heart even remotely have some 'connection' to anyone?

The 'connection' we have with others which we feel in the heart area during life when we love someone...for example...certainly manifests itself in the physical body.

But, it's source is the etheric energy envelope...via the heart chakra...which acts out the feelings of the 'soul' through the body...not the heart as an organ.

And in fact it comes through the heart chakra which is just called the heart chakra...for convenience...but in reality it is the thymus gland which is interlinked with the chakra...not the heart as an organ.

The heart gets it's energized blood from the spleen...which has another chakra linked to it where it gets the life force or prana from.

Take care
Ray

PS. There are actually 8 main chakras in the etheric body...some writings leave out either the spleen one or the sacral one depending on their view on sexual tantric practices.

Robin
3rd August 2015, 02:45
As many have iterated here, I would prefer my body to be buried without a casket, so flora and fauna could dine from my body as I have dined on flora and fauna my whole life. To go further, I would prefer a tree sapling to be planted above my body, so the sapling could take in the nutrients from my body to give it a nice boost in its growth. What better way to remember a loved one than to have their essence become a tree, which will end up standing tall for hundreds of years?

Of course man's corrupt laws make such a notion illegal, but I see a future where rainforests will be rejuvenated by the continued planting of trees above the bodies of the deceased. I think it would be a great way to pay our amends to this beautiful earth. It is the least that we can do. :)

Avuso
3rd August 2015, 08:34
Perhaps this? If you're gonna dig a grave, why not plant a tree while you're at it? http://www.earthporm.com/bye-bye-coffins-these-organic-burial-pods-turn-your-loved-ones-into-trees/

My dear dog since 2001 recently passed on and her ashes were sprinkled on a hemlock that has struggled for years and years. Now it has burst to life! It just needed some love!

Cremation is probably fine for most people, but according to spirit medium Jozef Rulof some people who have lived rather unconscious lives with no awareness of spirit or an afterlife can still be attached to their physical body during cremation, so he recommends burial to be safe. http://www.rulof.org/en/Cremation

Rocky_Shorz
3rd August 2015, 20:07
The human body is an organism made up of organs... which consist of molecules in different configurations... which allow them to serve some purpose.

The heart is one of these organs...it is a pump which circulates blood... which is energized with life force... coming from the etheric envelope...via the spleen.

This life force or prana is a step down of energy and it flows through our bodies to give life to the organs of the body.

When the etheric envelope dislocates from the body...including the heart...the body has served it's purpose and decay sets in.

There is no 'connection' of the heart to anyone after death...in any form...be it burial or cremation...

Any 'connection' with others...like family and friends...is directly from the 'soul'.

How can a dead and decaying organ like the heart even remotely have some 'connection' to anyone?

The 'connection' we have with others which we feel in the heart area during life when we love someone...for example...certainly manifests itself in the physical body.

But, it's source is the etheric energy envelope...via the heart chakra...which acts out the feelings of the 'soul' through the body...not the heart as an organ.

And in fact it comes through the heart chakra which is just called the heart chakra...for convenience...but in reality it is the thymus gland which is interlinked with the chakra...not the heart as an organ.

The heart gets it's energized blood from the spleen...which has another chakra linked to it where it gets the life force or prana from.

Take care
Ray

PS. There are actually 8 main chakras in the etheric body...some writings leave out either the spleen one or the sacral one depending on their view on sexual tantric practices.

she was dead for 2 weeks before being cremated.

I didn't feel a loss of connection until her body was burned...

I do not share taught knowledge, from books or foofoo Guru's words only first hand experience of a pretty awesome psychic.

you don't have to agree with anything I share, but if I took the time to write it, there is meaning for others... if not you...

Gatita
3rd August 2015, 20:18
My practice has been to let the others see their friends and understand the passing. My dogs have been cremated, due to size, with the ashes returned to us. The cats have been buried. After Cody passed and we got his ashes back, we waited until Smoky, our gray cat passed, and then buried them together. Couldn't keep those best buds separated.

Cat

Selkie
3rd August 2015, 20:19
On a bit of a lighter note (perhaps),

"...Buzzards gotta eat, same a worms."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkl1wkml0jE

addition The punch line comes at the very end.

Selkie
3rd August 2015, 20:23
My practice has been to let the others see their friends and understand the passing. My dogs have been cremated, due to size, with the ashes returned to us. The cats have been buried. After Cody passed and we got his ashes back, we waited until Smoky, our gray cat passed, and then buried them together. Couldn't keep those best buds separated.

Cat

Yes. We cremated our dog, but buried out cats for the same reason. I hated to leave the house in California because my beloved Ricky was buried there.

Demeisen
3rd August 2015, 21:54

But what does it matter? Why should spirit remain near the body? Spirit does not need the body to function or exist.
With respect

amor
22nd November 2015, 21:41
Nov. 22, 2015: I have recently read your post and thought it would be good to pass on the following: You may have read about those who have had heart transplants, then taking on the characteristics of those who donated the heart. Later I read that the heart contains cells just like those of the brain and noted that the Egyptian priests while discarding the brain, retained the heart, possibly because they knew that the soul, love, being of the person resided there and if there was an exit at death it would likely leave there last.