PDA

View Full Version : An intriguing individual

Adi
7th August 2015, 14:20
Hi all,

So yesterday I had an interesting experience in work, I work in a large hospital, and on

the ward I was working on there was this male patient who had been admitted for some

tests and scans, that was all fine. He began to exhibit a lack of interest in others, e'g staff

and other patients around him, but he seemed to trust one of my colleagues only, a young girl

who happened to have the same name of his cat.

They got chatting and trough the course of there conversation he began talking about

some alternative news topics and his belief that the Queen of england was an alien or

lizard type being and that Barack O Bama was not who he really was ect, very much the

information that we here at Avalon are familiar with.

As it transpired the person in charge of this mans care organized an Psychiatry review as

they had heard about this mans comments. I could not believe it, that the first

impression of this guy based on his comments, aroused such suspicions of being crazy.

It demonstrated to me how many people are so immersed in the given norms of society

and how anything outside of there understanding or beliefs can be considered deluded.

What I got from this is that there is certainly allot of people still very asleep.

For clarification, this man was not suffering from any obvious psychiatric pathology,

simply somebody with there eyes and ears open.

Adi

Mark
7th August 2015, 14:26
Strange days we are living in. People are so keen to keep things nice and normal and it is not surprising that seemingly regular folks are willing to go above and beyond in order to remove people who make them uncomfortable from the normal flow of interaction. The repercussions of this person who called for the psychiatric review could have extreme ramifications in the patient's life. I know, at least, here in the States, once you get into that area of mental health, it is nigh impossible to get back out. And once you're prescribed medications, it is illegal for you to stop taking them without a doctor's permission.

Just like that, a life could have been changed and another person keyed into a certain medical designation that could have far-reaching ramifications, all based upon one conversation.

poetbil
7th August 2015, 14:32
long live crazy Avalon :ROFL:

Selkie
7th August 2015, 14:37
Emily had it sussed...

Much Madness is divinest Sense - (620)

By Emily Dickinson

Much Madness is divinest Sense -

To a discerning Eye -

Much Sense - the starkest Madness -

’Tis the Majority

In this, as all, prevail -

Assent - and you are sane -

Demur - you’re straightway dangerous -

And handled with a Chain -

samildamach
7th August 2015, 15:15
Today's madness is tomorrows truth

Ted
7th August 2015, 15:30
Like many of us here, I've learned to smile and nod a lot in general conversations with the public at large. I will send out innocent feelers if I think the person I'm talking to might be slightly awake, by I mostly keep my opinions to myself.
My family knows I'm out there, and some of them are right there with me, so the home front is safe. We've confused a guest of two when the conversation strays a bit off the beaten path.

Apulu
7th August 2015, 17:05
Came across this recently; it's a corker:

“The real hopeless victims of mental illness are to be found among those who appear to be most normal. "Many of them are normal because they are so well adjusted to our mode of existence, because their human voice has been silenced so early in their lives, that they do not even struggle or suffer or develop symptoms as the neurotic does." They are normal not in what may be called the absolute sense of the word; they are normal only in relation to a profoundly abnormal society. Their perfect adjustment to that abnormal society is a measure of their mental sickness. These millions of abnormally normal people, living without fuss in a society to which, if they were fully human beings, they ought not to be adjusted.”

― Aldous Huxley, Brave New World Revisited

regnak
7th August 2015, 18:28
his belief that the Queen of england was an alien or
lizard type being and that Barack O Bama was not who he really was ect,

Well I think I am out there but that the Queen of England is a alien or lizard or alien sounds a bit nuts to me and
Barack O Bama was not who he really says he is .

I do listen to David Ickes who talks about lizards ruling the world we talk about what we know have you ever met a alien or lizard ? has David Ickes? has anyone ?
it might be true but is beyond my personal experience

Meggings
7th August 2015, 19:35
I have met a reptilian. Not a good dude from our perspective.

Violet
7th August 2015, 19:53
In Law & Order they had an episode on a paranoid prepper. There were killings that seemed very random at first, and he was always on the scene. Well, I honestly didn't pay much attention until the end. Turns out this "alternative community guy" thinks everything is a conspiracy and everyone is after him. Anytime he feels that someoe breaches his trust they have to die. Also his attorney he'll kill in the end, because she revealed his location to the investigators. The judge is also killed, I think. And the methods he used were very insidious. He had his own underground lab and was also a self-taught chemist. He made a highly toxic gas trap to self-destruct his lab and everyone in it when the police did a raid.

Bottom line: alternative community people are paranoid and may become highly dangerous when they feel unsafe, which according to this episode was: all the time.

greybeard
7th August 2015, 20:51
If I said to people in general--Only God is and you are that.
I would be asking for trouble--I keep my mouth shut on this except on the spiritual thread.
The same ones that can quote from the bible and would find acceptable the quote of Jesus--Look under any stone, I am there, there is no where God is not.
They would find what I said to be blasphemous.
Not so long ago I would have been locked up or burned at the stake.
I cant say God is within me and everyone else.
Well if there is no where God is not then he must be inside and outside everything.
Imminent and transcendent
Such is life.

I take my hat off to those that dare to be different.

Chris

greybeard
7th August 2015, 21:29
We live in a lunatic asylum of a world.
I don't think it is a compliment to be called normal by that bench mark.

Chris

Selkie
7th August 2015, 21:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUkftuOYhA4

happyuk
7th August 2015, 22:19
I long ago came to the conclusion that psychiatry is little more than a pernicious pseudoscience.

The very people that actually do need sectioning, the real psychopaths (originally and more accurately termed 'moral insanity') are often to be found in positions of power and leadership, alas.

Yes, it's probably better in some cases for spiritually minded persons to express themselves with the like-minded so as not to attract scorn and ridicule. I speak from experience.

RunningDeer
7th August 2015, 22:39
In the 1970’s, I was a single parent and going to college. I went for counseling to deal with the stress. Part of the program was to see the pill doctor. After a couple of weeks, I told pill man that I didn’t want to continue because of the side effects.

Long story short, after pill doctor’s insistence to continue and my reluctance to, he said then he'd have to give me a weekly shot. If there’s a trigger, that’d be it. Wrapped up in a straight jacket of control.

I dropped out of counseling tout de suite. Changed up some routines. And kicked an abusive guy to the curb that my therapist suggested that I stay with to learn about myself. Sadistic ******(s).

Problems solved when I got rid of all the psychos and stopped believing that they knew more about me than me.

Ending of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
mCVdVocHe18

Selkie
7th August 2015, 22:55
In the 1970’s, I was a single parent and going to college. I went for counseling to deal with the stress. Part of the program was to see the pill doctor. After a couple of weeks, I told pill man that I didn’t want to continue because of the side effects.

Long story short, after pill doctor’s insistence to continue and my reluctance to, he said then he'd have to give me a weekly shot. If there’s a trigger, that’d be it. Wrapped up in a straight jacket of control.

I dropped out of counseling tout de suite. Changed up some routines. And kicked an abusive guy to the curb that my therapist suggested that I stay with to learn about myself. Sadistic ******(s).

Problems solved when I got rid of all the psychos and stopped believing that they knew more about me than me.

Ending of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
mCVdVocHe18

My story is somewhat similar. My therapist wanted me to take psychiatric meds, which meant going to a psychiatrist, of course. When I refused, because I was frightened of the meds and of the police power of psychiatrists, the therapist started to conspire with my mother. Long story short, my therapist tricked me into signing papers, and I lost custody of my children. All because I would not see a psychiatrist or take meds. Eventually I learned that my mother had gotten Supplemental Security Income from the Social Security Administration for my children, and put them on meds in order to get the money.

p.s. I was in my mid-30's at the time, and I learned the full story long after it was too late to do anything about it.

Selkie
7th August 2015, 23:13
I think this should go here,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkvLq0TYiwI

RunningDeer
7th August 2015, 23:23
My story is somewhat similar. My therapist wanted me to take psychiatric meds, which meant going to a psychiatrist, of course. When I refused, because I was frightened of the meds and of the police power of psychiatrists, the therapist started to conspire with my mother. Long story short, my therapist tricked me into signing papers, and I lost custody of my children. All because I would not see a psychiatrist or take meds. Eventually I learned that my mother had gotten Supplemental Security Income from the Social Security Administration for my children, and put them on meds in order to get the money.

p.s. I was in my mid-30's at the time, and I learned the full story long after it was too late to do anything about it.

Oh, man, creepy and dastardly. So sorry, Selkie.:hug: It’s horrific on many levels. I’m reminding myself to breathe.

I continued to purchase the meds out of fear that they’d check with the pharmacy. That was a big fear for me, that I’d loose my son if I didn’t follow “the doctors rules”. Authority meme was a strong one.

Selkie
7th August 2015, 23:30

Oh, man, creepy and dastardly. So sorry, Selkie.:hug: It’s horrific on many levels. I’m reminding myself to breathe.

I continued to purchase the meds out of fear that they’d check with the pharmacy. That was a big fear for me, that I’d loose my son if I didn’t follow “the doctors rules”. Authority meme was a strong one.

Thank you, Paula. It is a real comfort to know that there are those who understand.

Lost N Found
8th August 2015, 00:50
Selkie, that is a very sad story and so true for most of us in this Topsy turvey world. I have looked at the insanity, the criminals, the total madness around us and it is so sick that it is a wonder that we all do not totally go insane ourselves. I remember when I was a kid, reading the superman comic books and the interesting series of the Bizzarro superman and how everything was 180 degree's opposite. I watched a movie not to long ago called "Idiocracy" and both of these experiences are so real in this world today, As Happyuk has stated above in this thread it is the people that are in power, The Bankers, The dictators of this world that are really the psychopaths and this is what controls the news media, the physicians, The Law enforcement, The judicial systems and everything it would seem in our lives. We cannot speak out in this society unless it is to others that are awake to this insanity and that is our only peace of mind.

Your horrible experience makes me cry. I have a young daughter that went through that same thing and lost 3 boys to the system of insanity. I as a Granddad only got to know these boys when they were very young and WHAM just like that they were gone. So I really feel for you in what transpired by the insanity of this world. Hard for me to say more at this moment. So back to this thread, As started there are so many intriguing individuals and I find most of you right here on this forum. Thank you all.

Love and Light
Lost N Found

Ewan
8th August 2015, 08:24

Mother of ***!, and they have the nerve to call it 'Land of the Free'.

A year or so back I had a hospital Dr. wanting to give me an injection which I refused indicating I believed it was not necessary, as in it had the potential to do more harm than good. He replied that " 'We' feel the benefits outweigh the risks."
(Straight out of the pharmacutical handbook of propoganda by the sound of it).
I told him the only authority he had over me was that which I granted him, and informed him again I would not take the shot. That was that.

Ewan
8th August 2015, 08:28
I long ago came to the conclusion that psychiatry is little more than a pernicious pseudoscience.

The very people that actually do need sectioning, the real psychopaths (originally and more accurately termed 'moral insanity') are often to be found in positions of power and leadership, alas.

Yes, it's probably better in some cases for spiritually minded persons to express themselves with the like-minded so as not to attract scorn and ridicule. I speak from experience.

Scott M Peck: The Road Less Travelled http://siestakeybeachmeeting.com/index_htm_files/The%20Road%20Less%20Traveled.pdf

Here was a psychiatrist worth listening to. He himself criticizes many psychiatrists for following Freud too closely and keeping a distance between themselves and a patient. He says it is impossible to heal without love.

greybeard
8th August 2015, 09:04
The Dr that arranged for me to go into a Psychiatric hospital was wise and told me not to accept drugs and most definitely not ECT (Electric current therapy)
It consisted of having the brain connected to electrodes and then an electric shock being given repeatedly.
There was a lady there who seemed reasonably normal not long after getting this treatment she committed suicide---Coincidence, maybe.
This treatment seems to have been affective for epilepsy.
Im looking to give a balanced point of view.
I did take the valiam prescribed for a short time to get me over the delirium tremors that occurs when withdrawing from alcohol.

Im sorry to hear what happened to you Selkie--that was horrendous.

Chris

Bluegreen
9th August 2015, 03:18
"I have said frequently that nine out of every ten psychiatrists should be broken down into veterinarians. At worst psychiatrists are the defenders of the establishment 'adjusting' or coercing 'deviants' back into socially accepted norms. At best they urge a more liberal and humane approach to human problems and may even clash with the establishment."
- William Burroughs (1970)

As an aside, it is worth noting that when the author refers to "the establishment" he is more or less talking about what is commonly referred to here as TPTB, the bastards in power, etc.
Names ... names ...
This term was broadly used and understood by the general public well into the 70's. Oddly, it has all but disappeared from the American lexicon. I cannot recall seeing it used on this site, and many people under the age of X may have never heard it used in that context. At that time, "the Establishment" and "the Man" were used almost alternately, and while a person is still understood who says he is "working for the Man", its meaning too has subtly changed in contemporary conversation and literature.

ZooLife
9th August 2015, 21:26
If I said to people in general--Only God is and you are that.
I would be asking for trouble--I keep my mouth shut on this except on the spiritual thread.
The same ones that can quote from the bible and would find acceptable the quote of Jesus--Look under any stone, I am there, there is no where God is not.
They would find what I said to be blasphemous.
Not so long ago I would have been locked up or burned at the stake.
I cant say God is within me and everyone else.
Well if there is no where God is not then he must be inside and outside everything.
Imminent and transcendent
Such is life.

I take my hat off to those that dare to be different.

Chris

http://www.wakingtimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/On-the-walls-of-the-cave-only-the-shadows-are-the-Truth-Plato-s-The-Allergory-of-The-Cave.jpg

(From: Plato's Allegory of the Cave)

The debate with the other prisoners
SOCRATES: Now if once again, along with those who had remained shackled there, the freed person
had to engage in the business of asserting and maintaining opinions about the shadows -- while his eyes are
still weak and before they have readjusted, an adjustment that would require quite a bit of time -- would he
not then be exposed to ridicule down there? And would they not let him know that he had gone up but only
in order to come back down into the cave with his eyes ruined -- and thus it certainly does not pay to go up.

And the final outcome:
SOCRATES: And if they can get hold of this person who takes it in hand to free them from their
chains and to lead them up, and if they could kill him, will they not actually kill him?
GLAUCON: They certainly will.