PDA

View Full Version : Consciousness and sense

bogeyman
19th August 2015, 17:04
Define consciousness? Do all people have the same level of consciousness? Is awareness and consciousness similar or the same? What is a sense? Is it the actual thing you experience or what your brain is telling you? Does your brain contain your consciousness, or is it something beyond your physical mind?

skyflower
19th August 2015, 18:54
Define consciousness? Do all people have the same level of consciousness? Is awareness and consciousness similar or the same? What is a sense? Is it the actual thing you experience or what your brain is telling you? Does your brain contain your consciousness, or is it something beyond your physical mind?

When those words are thrown around, here is how I understand them to be, in my limited knowledge.

Consciousness refers to the universal mind, God, the intelligent energy present in all things. So, by that definition, all people have the same consciousness.
Awareness, is how much of that consciousness you are able to perceive. So I guess all people have different levels of awareness.
Sense would be the interface in which "experience" this reality. There are the physical senses, and the energetic senses.

I would suppose the experience is entirely up to what your brain filters through. I believe the brain is part of the interface in which we experience this reality. I don't think it would be big enough to contain consciousness.

Michi
19th August 2015, 19:45
Here is my take.
First of all - the brain is only an "interface" between the body and the spiritual being. Sense would be the perception of the being, either via the body or directly.
The best analogy to "consciousness" I have sofar heard is from a podcast of Steve Pavlina, titled "The True Nature of Reality" (http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/09/stevepavlinacom-podcast-016-the-true-nature-of-reality/).

Michael