PDA

View Full Version : Free FTP Account for Avalon Members to Upload and Download From!!!!

AlkaMyst
26th November 2010, 21:19
Hi everyone,

An FTP account has been created just for Avalon members for the purpose of sharing sensitive and non-sensitive information...Please do not give this login info to anyone and PLEASE DO NOT POST IT ON THE FORUMS!!!

If this is violated then I will have no choice but to remove the account and close it...Please be considerate (you may upload or download information with the purpose of sharing it with your fellow Avalon members).

To recceive access to the FTP Account please PM me!!!

Thank you and Enjoy!

With All Best Intentions,
AlkaMyst.

SPIRIT WOLF
26th November 2010, 21:30
Brilliant idea, thankyou, it should prove very useful, thanks to Bill

AlkaMyst
26th November 2010, 22:13
You're quite welcome....I'm glad that I can be of some help to the forum and it's members!!!

Heartsong
26th November 2010, 22:22
I'm clueless here. What's FTP? How is it used?

SPIRIT WOLF
26th November 2010, 22:24
Thanks indeed, I'm sure this will be used by many

¤=[Post Update]=¤

File Transfer Protocol, its used when you wish to upload files, data, to your website from your computer

AlkaMyst
26th November 2010, 22:43
I'm clueless here. What's FTP? How is it used?

Click on the link that was provided on the PM sent to you.....when prompted insert username and password and you're in.

Once inside the FTP account, you can browse through the files that have been uploaded so far and you can download them if you wish.

To upload a file you can open a window on your computer, for example you can go to your documents and at the top browser bar you can type the following:

Type FTP address on browser bar and hit enter, again you'll be prompted for your username and password (enter it here).

Once logged in you can see all the folders in that window just like if they were in your computer, at this point you can download or upload any file you want by just dragging it!!!

I figure I post this method for people that can't afford or don't have an FTP program to be able to access the account!

Enjoy!!!

seismorg
27th November 2010, 00:45
"" Click on the link above.""
Where ?

AlkaMyst
27th November 2010, 00:47
Sorry, I wil PM you with the info to login to FTP account.....I forgot to edit that part, my apologies!!!

Now that's better!!!

Phil
27th November 2010, 01:03
Thank you and great Idea :cool:

AlkaMyst
27th November 2010, 01:06
You're quite welcome...I PM'ed you the login info!!!

AlkaMyst
16th December 2010, 18:56
I have updated all the information on the FTP Account......Please refer to this post here!!! (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?9448-***The-FTP-Site-is-Back%C2%85.Just-for-Avalon-Forum-Members!!!***&p=81628#post81628)

conk
16th December 2010, 19:45
Thank you. I'm grateful.

AlkaMyst
16th December 2010, 19:48
Your quite welcome.....I hope we can build something great from this and that people don't miss use it!