PDA

View Full Version : Agafia's Taiga Life - Living Isolated in Siberia

Ewan
22nd September 2015, 16:00
[ Mod-edit: The first three posts on this thread began life on the thread Way back to Mother Earth to co create our paradise (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?85423-Way-back-to-Mother-Earth-to-co-create-our-paradise), before I split them off as a separate topic. - Paul. ]

===

I can't isolate this video -

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/agafia-taiga-life/

In 1936, a family of Russian Old Believers journeyed deep into Siberia's vast taiga to escape persecution and protect their way of life. The Lykovs eventually settled in the Sayan Mountains.

Two children were born during the isolation. They ended up in a dwelling in the taiga, in the Abakan river basin (Khakassia), 250 kilometres from any settlement.

In 1978 their location was discovered by a helicopter pilot, who was flying a geological group into the region. The geologists got in contact with the family, but the Lykovs decided not to leave the place.

Karp's wife Akulina died of hunger in 1961. Three of his children died in 1981. Karp died in 1988. He is survived by his daughter Agafia Lykova who continues to live in isolation in her Abakan fastness.

Today, she is the last surviving Lykov, remaining steadfast in her seclusion. VICE crew travels to Agafia to learn about her taiga lifestyle and the encroaching influence of the outside world.

It is suggested the author of the books may have met these people and created the story from them. I don't know. If wisdom is in the books I'm sure we will all spot it.

--

Also using search term the ringing cedars of russia pdf, turns up a few links to various sections of the writings

Rachel
22nd September 2015, 16:22

tt2AYafET68

Whenever you see a video like that, if you can see a YouTube play button in the centre of the video frame, you can open it up in Youtube by clicking on the YouTube icon, on the right of the bar, at the bottom of the video screen. Alternatively, you can just copy the title of the video and paste it in the YouTube search bar (even if it's not a Youtube video, I'll give it a try).

Update: I removed the unnecessary image of the play button...:facepalm:

Shannon
22nd September 2015, 16:49

In 1936, a family of Russian Old Believers journeyed deep into Siberia's vast taiga to escape persecution and protect their way of life. The Lykovs eventually settled in the Sayan Mountains.

Two children were born during the isolation. They ended up in a dwelling in the taiga, in the Abakan river basin (Khakassia), 250 kilometres from any settlement.

In 1978 their location was discovered by a helicopter pilot, who was flying a geological group into the region. The geologists got in contact with the family, but the Lykovs decided not to leave the place.

Karp's wife Akulina died of hunger in 1961. Three of his children died in 1981. Karp died in 1988. He is survived by his daughter Agafia Lykova who continues to live in isolation in her Abakan fastness.

Today, she is the last surviving Lykov, remaining steadfast in her seclusion. VICE crew travels to Agafia to learn about her taiga lifestyle and the encroaching influence of the outside world.

It is suggested the author of the books may have met these people and created the story from them. I don't know. If wisdom is in the books I'm sure we will all spot it.

--

Also using search term the ringing cedars of russia pdf, turns up a few links to various sections of the writings

That woman is amazing. An amazing human being.

I'm just happy that her heart is pure, it gives me hope for all of us. Think about what she's seen and been thru. Even in bad times. The geologist guy with one leg imposed himself onto her twice and then he Tried to blackmail her! She prayed And she still takes care of him....I mean she could have taken is gimpy ass out to the forest and left him there for a bear, or a hundred other ways to stop him from his disgusting behavior. Just amazing.

Her description of barcodes is eerie and makes you think.